Suggestions for all natural non-dairy based protein powder?

purebred

Anyone have any suggestions for an all natural non-dairy or non-soy based protein powder? I usually go with True Nutrition and make my own custom mix but I wanted to reach out and see if anybody had a better alternative!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't tried it, but SAN recently came out with a plant based protein, "rawfusion". It's non-dairy, gluten free and soy free as well. I have a couple samples that I could send you if you'd like.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AI has a pea protein out now as well

actionhero

actionhero

Awards
I have a friend who loves Musclemeds Carnivor, which I believe is supposed to be a beef protein.

purebred

Are any of the aforementioned products all natural (i.e. contain no artificial ingredients)?

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
AI has a pea/rice protein out. They just released a candy cane flavor in the last week or so. I believe it is pretty "natural", but cannot say for sure because I have not looked into it.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are any of the aforementioned products all natural (i.e. contain no artificial ingredients)?
The SAN protein is supposed to be 100% natural. This is from the product write-up:

The RAW FUSION patent pending formulation by SAN is free of solvents, radiation, artificial colors, sweeteners or anything created synthetically.

Each and every ingredient is carefully extracted from pure organic raw ingredients that are GMO, herbicide and pesticide FREE.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The SAN protein is supposed to be 100% natural. This is from the product write-up:

The RAW FUSION patent pending formulation by SAN is free of solvents, radiation, artificial colors, sweeteners or anything created synthetically.

Each and every ingredient is carefully extracted from pure organic raw ingredients that are GMO, herbicide and pesticide FREE.
^^SAN is good stuff.

MIGUEL1J

MIGUEL1J

Awards
absolutely not.

an EAA powder should not be used to replace a whole protein source

aside from that; id say go with SAN
Lol. I meant the pills form 5 pills equals 26 grams of protein. He never said he was replacing his whole protein source. If so sorry I miss read it. You should never replace your meats, eggs, fish etc for a whey or other type of synthetic protein.

allieninja

allieninja

Awards

truth :D

purebred

I did a quick search and the cheapest I was able to find SAN's product was @ $13.95 + $5.26 s&h on Site 'A' (hint hint). Site 'B' (hint hint) had it at $15.99 and the lowest shipping rate was $5.99.

I know with True Nutrition, I have a greater selection of flavors, the same ingredients, at a cheaper price. I'm thinking of going with a 60/40 custom mix of egg white protein + Gemma Pea Protein Isolate (non-GMO) for less than SAN's product. I imagine the flavoring is much better. Lord knows TN has phenomenal flavoring systems!

mrgoodbar0

Awards
If you can't use whey for whatever reason I would probably skip the protein powder route and just eat more meats. Another alternative would be just taking BCAA's.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

purebred

If you can't use whey for whatever reason I would probably skip the protein powder route and just eat more meats. Another alternative would be just taking BCAA's.
I'm currently attempting to finish off a big ol' tub of CL Purple Wraath I had lying around. I do about two scoops pre-workout, sometimes post-workout as well. The protein powder is more for easy, extra calories. I'm going to be purchasing USPlabs BCAA product after I'm done with this gigantic tub.
Nutra picked this up recently. SAN Raw Fusion (450 g): Discount Raw Fusion Supplements

SAN has quality stuff but I have not and don't know if I'll ever use it but there you go. :cool:
Thanks for the link! I may just end up trying this out after I run through my 3 lb. custom mix from TN. I ended up getting a heavy flavored bananas n cream 50/50 egg white protein + pea protein powder. Should have it within 1 week!