L-Leucine

  1. New Member
    brettbroski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    33
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    11.52%

    L-Leucine


    Supposed to enhance protein synthesis and their was an article not to long ago saying it can minimize subcutaneous fat when bulking. Any truth to this? Anyone have personal experience using the product? If so what do you think of it?

  2. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,822
    Rep Power
    7410435
    Level
    101
    Lv. Percent
    91.88%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    I'd take the fat claims with a grain of salt, but it does maximize MPS at relatively small doses (3-5g).

    Check out SNS Leucine (only 2 left): http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...500-grams.html
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,702
    Rep Power
    1667629
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    31.27%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I'd take the fat claims with a grain of salt, but it does maximize MPS at relatively small doses (3-5g).

    Check out SNS Leucine (only 2 left): http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...500-grams.html
    Phenomenal price and it will last you forever. I take a scoop with all my shakes and usually with my meals.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    domore's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,922
    Rep Power
    966236
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    27.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Phenomenal price and it will last you forever. I take a scoop with all my shakes and usually with my meals.
    Agreed. I try to have 25% of my amino acid pool (including all foods and supplements) to be Leucine. It is tough to gauge, so I normally just take 3g or so with each meal.
  5. The BPS Rep
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,059
    Rep Power
    397928
    Level
    60
    Lv. Percent
    21.93%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I prefer protocol, personally - take a few scoops around your workout and you're set.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  6. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,721
    Rep Power
    3016320
    Level
    108
    Lv. Percent
    7.41%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    L-Leucine


    Quote Originally Posted by brettbroski View Post
    Anyone have personal experience using the product?
    never heard of it.


  7. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,702
    Rep Power
    1667629
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    31.27%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    I prefer protocol, personally - take a few scoops around your workout and you're set.
    I do like the profile of protocol and would agree with your statement but I dose the leucine multiple times daily making bulk leucine ideal on my wallet. That being said...I need to try me some protocol.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  8. Elite Member
    tyga tyga's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,802
    Rep Power
    4239132
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    3.33%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    I use 5g leucine preworkout and 5g postworkout. Bought SNS bulk, have had the same tub since the first of october
    Myokem Athlete
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
  9. Senior Member
    domore's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,922
    Rep Power
    966236
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    27.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    I prefer protocol, personally - take a few scoops around your workout and you're set.
    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    I do like the profile of protocol and would agree with your statement but I dose the leucine multiple times daily making bulk leucine ideal on my wallet. That being said...I need to try me some protocol.
    I actually use Protocol to get leucine around my workouts, but use bulk for meals.
  10. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,957
    Rep Power
    4775682
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    58.41%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    I actually use Protocol to get leucine around my workouts, but use bulk for meals.
    This is what my suggestion would be. I absolutely love Protocol pre-workout.

    I don't usually take Leucine with meals but have a tub of SNS Leucine that I use pre/post workout when I am not taking any other Leucine rich products. Tub lasts forever and was a great value.
  11. Senior Member
    domore's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,922
    Rep Power
    966236
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    27.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    This is what my suggestion would be. I absolutely love Protocol pre-workout.

    I don't usually take Leucine with meals but have a tub of SNS Leucine that I use pre/post workout when I am not taking any other Leucine rich products. Tub lasts forever and was a great value.
    Definitely! I've been using Protocol (two servings for 6.5 grams) combined with GlycoMyx for my preworkout. Leucine is a winner.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Bulk L-Leucine
    By kanan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 04:47 PM
  2. Leucine-rich Diet May Slow Age-related Muscle Loss
    By 200wannabe in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-19-2005, 05:48 AM
  3. Leucine Supplementation
    By Giantz11 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 09:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in