Prodigy vs Volatile (users of both)

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
Currently using Prodigy and loving it. However my interest has been peaked by Volatile. I'm curious if anyone has used both and how they would compare them. Thanks.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have not tried both but after using volatile, it would be very hard to try something else.

The energy is nice, focus is great and pumps are just insane !

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well seeing as how volatile has only 9g of a huge prop blend and prodigy has 12.5g of active ingredients I'd have to put my money on prodigy whether I'm a rep or not...just look at all the reviews on prodigy and you won't want to change your mind

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
Have to admit. I bought the volatile, tried it once & didn't care for it. I've been using craze with hemavol & haven't found anything better. Sometimes i even throw in 2 agmatine caps just for fun.

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
Well seeing as how volatile has only 9g of a huge prop blend and prodigy has 12.5g of active ingredients I'd have to put my money on prodigy whether I'm a rep or not...just look at all the reviews on prodigy and you won't want to change your mind
BINGO. Never used Volatile, but I'm not a fan of "large" proprietary mixes. Most of the time they have tons of stuff in it. Some may work, but it's never at the proper dosages. Prodigy is going to give you scientifically proven ingredients at the right dosages. You can't beat it for effectiveness. I had very high expectations for Prodigy and they have been surpassed, which rarely happens with pre-workout products.

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
BINGO. Never used Volatile, but I'm not a fan of "large" proprietary mixes. Most of the time they have tons of stuff in it. Some may work, but it's never at the proper dosages. Prodigy is going to give you scientifically proven ingredients at the right dosages. You can't beat it for effectiveness. I had very high expectations for Prodigy and they have been surpassed, which rarely happens with pre-workout products.
You dont have to sell me on Prodigy. I love it.

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
I've been using the watermelon and I love it. I have a tub of fruit punch. I'm not a fruit punch guy usually, but I think I'm going to bust it open If it is tart like the watermelon I think I'll like it a lot. I can't wait to drink my Prodigy tonight before I train arms.

Brucega

Brucega

Board Sponsor
Awards
At 32 servings of over 9 grams of active ingredients Volatile is a great pre workout. We have have excellent reviews and quite a few logs on multiple forums for you to check out. We think that you would be very satisfied with Volatile if you were to try it. I will not get into the prop blend issue when both products asked about are Prop blends and obviously for the same reason.
Thanks

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Have to admit. I bought the volatile, tried it once & didn't care for it. I've been using craze with hemavol & haven't found anything better. Sometimes i even throw in 2 agmatine caps just for fun.
Its not for every one however thanks for giving it a try. Both are prop blends so the "huge prop blend" statement is irrelevant. I havent tried prodigy but both seem to have great reviews.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As for 12.5 grams versus 9 grams of active ingredients, it's more about the ingredients themselves being in adequate doses and in the right proportion rather than the amount of active in total.

As an example you can super dose many supplements and they will have no additional benefit or may actually become detrimental in their effects. Creatine for one does not benefit from higher dosing as once saturation levels have been reached it can't go any further, it's similar with many other components of pre workouts and other supplements. Since both of these are proprietary blends we can't really talk about the amounts per component but just the fact that the 12.5 grams versus 9 grams isn't really that important.

Both formulas have a nice array of NO boosters, but I really like the fact that Volatile also includes green coffee extract which will enhance the pump as well as give a nice energy boost, as will the B vitamins which Prodigy is also without.

I'm also a fan of using a creatine blend like we do to maximize effect across as broad a range of users as possible. Not everyone reacts well to mono, malate, kre-alk, hcl or whatever so using multiples is ideal IMO.

Finally the Osmo-Load complex in Volatile is the kicker. While the other components maximize muscle volume, pump, contraction and endurance, this helps (among other things) to enhance post workout nutrient re-uptake which should enhance recovery.

So those in my opinion would be the major differences between Volatile and Prodigy.

That being said I've never tried Prodigy but I'm sure its a great product that works well for many people. That's why there are so many pre's out there, everyone likes something different and responds to ingredients differently. Personally I have never tried a pre I liked close to as much as Volatile!

Id be more than happy to try out Prodigy at some point and post up an honest review if a rep wanted to send me a packet! I'll even trade for a scoop and a half of Volatile and a scoop of Endurance BCAA which is what I do pre workout now if the rep would post up a review for us too!

There's more than enough room for everyone!

:)

Last edited:

steppinRazor

Awards
SAMPLES?

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
I have only used prodigy a few times. It is a good product. Taste decent, pumps are on par with most pre's and energy is high.

With that said , the reason I wanted to rep for Formutech Nutrition is because of volatile pre workout. The energy is not as hard hitting as others, which is great for afternoon workouts. When you are to wavy stim based it affect the pumps and keeps me up all night. The pumps are through the roof, best I ve ever had. Focus is on par with the tip pre workouts. At 9g per serving you are getting a great bang for the buck.

Obviously I rep for Formutech, but I do stand behind the quality and think you should definitely try it out. You won't be disappointed.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ricky! Let me know if you want to do a sample trade! You're a good guy and you know your stuff, id like to really get your opinion on Volatile if you're up for it man. Just shoot me a PM and let me know

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
At 32 servings of over 9 grams of active ingredients Volatile is a great pre workout. We have have excellent reviews and quite a few logs on multiple forums for you to check out. We think that you would be very satisfied with Volatile if you were to try it. I will not get into the prop blend issue when both products asked about are Prop blends and obviously for the same reason.
Thanks
Is this Bruce Davis? If so you and I have spoken in the past. Hope all is well.

Yes, as a company owner you and I know it is important to protect our intellectual property rights. Unfortunately, this is a copycat industry and people will clone a formula to make a quick buck.

Brucega

Brucega

Board Sponsor
Awards

Yes, as a company owner you and I know it is important to protect our intellectual property rights. Unfortunately, this is a copycat industry and people will clone a formula to make a quick buck.
Hi Chad:
It is. I hope all is well with you. I will shoot you a PM.
Thanks

linedriver465

linedriver465

Awards
it is important to protect our intellectual property rights. Unfortunately, this is a copycat industry and people will clone a formula to make a quick buck.
So true. Unfortunately, it off-puts some consumers. I've tried both products and each of them speaks for themselves - two fine examples of solid prop-blend pre-workouts. OP, I'd recommend picking up a tub and trying for yourself - that way you'll know for certain because with most products, no two people have the "exact same" experience. For me, Volatile is great for pumps and focus whereas for others, the energy-boosting aspect stands out.

Also, consider the stimulant content of each and decide which fits best for your training/lifestyle right now. I know that Volatile is a low stim supp, but I'm not supp about Prodigy. Maybe a PNI rep will chime in an mention the "relative" level of stims per serving...

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
So true. Unfortunately, it off-puts some consumers. I've tried both products and each of them speaks for themselves - two fine examples of solid prop-blend pre-workouts. OP, I'd recommend picking up a tub and trying for yourself - that way you'll know for certain because with most products, no two people have the "exact same" experience. For me, Volatile is great for pumps and focus whereas for others, the energy-boosting aspect stands out.

Also, consider the stimulant content of each and decide which fits best for your training/lifestyle right now. I know that Volatile is a low stim supp, but I'm not supp about Prodigy. Maybe a PNI rep will chime in an mention the "relative" level of stims per serving...
Prodigy IMO has a moderate stimulant effect. Caffeine, Theobromine, Glucuronolactone and their Orchid extract.

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
You dont have to sell me on Prodigy. I love it.
I certainly had to be sold on Prodigy when PNI approached me about leaving EFX and joining their team. Well, after a week of the sickest workouts I had in all of 2012 on Prodigy lets say I was MORE THAN intrigued (and as you can see, the rest is history!).

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

Not to contest your point, but the proper doses of the ingredients in both products are common knowledge to any educated consumer in this industry. Personally, I'm very impressed with, say, Paragon, and I wouldn't care for it at all if it were proprietary. I think you'd benefit from making Prodigy non-proprietary as well, as most of your consumers are probably educated and the "intellectual property" behind any ingredient can be found by googling said ingredient. Those are my thoughts as a consumer.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
This is an unfair comparison. For instance, judging by the blends alone, COP and Citrulline Malate are underdosed in prodigy but contribute to the size of the active blend.

The same issue is present in Volatile. The label is definitely wrong on Volatile actually and needs correction. Unless there actually is less than 20 mg of caffeine, agmatine, GCB, etc.

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
This is an unfair comparison. For instance, judging by the blends alone, COP and Citrulline Malate are underdosed in prodigy but contribute to the size of the active blend.

The same issue is present in Volatile. The label is definitely wrong on Volatile actually and needs correction. Unless there actually is less than 20 mg of caffeine, agmatine, GCB, etc.
If you think the Citruline and COP is underdosed in Prodigy then concentrated preworkouts must really chap your butt huh? :)

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Reading lables and analyzing only gets one so far. It tells you what to expect. What a pre workout formula actually delivers can only truely be determined by giving it a shot.

I respect Coop's knowledge on supplement ingredients as much or more than anyone else here, and the ingredient profiles are good in both products. Trying both Prodigy and Volatile is the only true way to determine which will perform better for the consumer.

Head to head comparison is the only way to go!

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
Reading lables and analyzing only gets one so far. It tells you what to expect. What a pre workout formula actually delivers can only truely be determined by giving it a shot.

I respect Coop's knowledge on supplement ingredients as much or more than anyone else here, and the ingredient profiles are good in both products. Trying both Prodigy and Volatile is the only true way to determine which will perform better for the consumer.

Head to head comparison is the only way to go!
LOL I had no intentions for the thread to turn into this. I have been using Prodigy and love (just ordered more) it. I like the profile for Volatile and was curious if someone had tried both and could compare them. Do you guys have Volatile samples?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL I had no intentions for the thread to turn into this. I have been using Prodigy and love (just ordered more) it. I like the profile for Volatile and was curious if someone had tried both and could compare them. Do you guys have Volatile samples?
Hey man it's all healthy discussion! We're working on getting official sample packages going but if you PM me your info I'll gladly send you a scoop from my stash and a scoop of our Endurance BCAA to have with it!

If you PM me today I'll get it out in the mail for you tomorrow, if not it'll have to wait until next week. ok?

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
Hey man it's all healthy discussion! We're working on getting official sample packages going but if you PM me your info I'll gladly send you a scoop from my stash and a scoop of our Endurance BCAA to have with it!

If you PM me today I'll get it out in the mail for you tomorrow, if not it'll have to wait until next week. ok?
Done man thanks. I actually am going to order Endurance.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cool! I'll send your sample out in the mail tomorrow bud. Looking forward to seeing what you think!

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
I love me some Endurance, its by far my favorite BCAA product. I use it intra work out or pre fasted cardio.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love me some Endurance, its by far my favorite BCAA product. I use it intra work out or pre fasted cardio.
I love it as well and it's the best tasting bcaa product on the market( at least I think so)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
If you think the Citruline and COP is underdosed in Prodigy then concentrated preworkouts must really chap your butt huh? :)
Very much so. I didn't say pixie-dusted, but my point was that comparing sizes of active blends is meaningless unless every ingredient in both products uses equivalent, sufficient doses.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very much so. I didn't say pixie-dusted, but my point was that comparing sizes of active blends is meaningless unless every ingredient in both products uses equivalent, sufficient doses.
My point exactly. The proof is in the pudding, as they say

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I was lucky enough to experience Chads and Rickys graciousness and received a free tub of Prodigy to log. I was also determined enough to purchase a tub of Volatile (after reading how Judgement Day preached it was magnificent). I put aside my usual ideas on proprietary blends this once for them both...

Being clear on something:
-I usually don't use Pre-workouts other than Focus-XT (with a bronkaid sometimes) and/or EC stack and my added goodies to it (CM, Agmatine, Nitrates, COP).
-I do not see a Pre-workout as basic or needed to train.
-I can be honest and a bit direct on supplements...
-I gave Volatile to try to my Team mates, Prodigy I ran it only myself, and didn't share because it was a sponsored log.

Prodigy:
-I liked the energy and focus it provided with added ALCAR and a Bronkaid
-Good pumps, yet this is something everyone should be able to get if they know how to work out and are properly hydrated.
-No crash
-Awesome taste
-Didn't feel MUCH added endurance or performance (a bit , yes indeed)

Volatile:
-Didn't like the taste
-Good pumps (same as above statement though)
-Didn't notice any added or special focus even with ALCAR and Bronkaid
-Crashed
-My team mates tried it, up to now they still prefer to abuse my trust and grab Focus-XT from my locker rather than finish the Volatile...
-No added benefits were felt by me, other than a stim buzz.

Hope this helps the OP, just being honest on both products. This is my personal opinion and we all know that:

When it comes to pre-workouts, people will argue it is a matter of taste and affinity to it, somehow a personal preference.

In the end my fav. pre-workout is what I already mentioned...

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was lucky enough to experience Chads and Rickys graciousness and received a free tub of Prodigy to log. I was also determined enough to purchase a tub of Volatile (after reading how Judgement Day preached it was magnificent). I put aside my usual ideas on proprietary blends this once for them both...

-I usually don't use Pre-workouts other than Focus-XT (with a bronkaid sometimes) and/or EC stack and my added goodies to it (CM, Agmatine, Nitrates, COP).
-I gave Volatile to try to my Team mates, Prodigy I ran it only myself, and didn't share because it was a sponsored log.

Prodigy:
-Good pumps, yet this is something everyone should be able to get if they know how to work out and are properly hydrated.
-No crash
-Awesome taste

Volatile:
-Didn't like the taste
-Crashed
-My team mates tried it, up to now they still prefer to abuse my trust and grab Focus-XT from my locker rather than finish the Volatile...

Hope this helps the OP, just being honest on both products. This is my personal opinion and we all know that:

When it comes to pre-workouts, people will argue it is a matter of taste and affinity to it, somehow a personal preference.

Thanks for giving your comparison Cesar. I've got a couple samples of Volatile on the way to OP tomorrow so we'll see what he thinks!

Personally, my money is in Volatile FTW!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Thanks for giving your comparison Cesar. I've got a couple samples of Volatile on the way to OP tomorrow so we'll see what he thinks!

Personally, my money is in Volatile FTW!

Like I said , it's just my personal opinion and feedback on both products. I also told OP the truth...when it comes to pre-workouts it is a matter of personal preference at times...with your samples he can make his own choice :).

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards

Prodigy:
-No crash
-Awesome taste

Volatile:
-Didn't like the taste
-Crashed

First i heard of anyone crashing on volatile, how many scoops?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Was thinking that too. Attributed it to the ec stack
I did not take EC stack with volatile though o_O , I train fasted in the AM , it was the good morning dose!

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
Glad you are enjoying PRODIGY and enough so that you ordered more BASED UPON YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH IT! No more important determinant than real world experience!

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
I could see that. ^^ I respond to stims. If I took two scoops on an empty stomach I would probably get a major stim effect I could crash from.

But, normally Volatile Pre Workout does not provide that stimmed out feeling, but just a nice level energy.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have crashed hard on many supps. I have not once crashed from volatile.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I have crashed hard on many supps. I have not once crashed from volatile.
Neither have i, like i mentioned earlier, celorza is the first ive heard of it. That and the flavor

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Neither have i, like i mentioned earlier, celorza is the first ive heard of it. That and the flavor
Yea the favor is pretty amazing, no chemical taste at all hmm celorza I know you know your ish but any chance your mixing this up with something else ? (No disrespect here)

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
I certainly had to be sold on Prodigy when PNI approached me about leaving EFX and joining their team. Well, after a week of the sickest workouts I had in all of 2012 on Prodigy lets say I was MORE THAN intrigued (and as you can see, the rest is history!).
I was with another company for 4+ years and really like their products. Three in particular were in my arsenal every single day. That company recently released a pre workout that I loved. I still have some at home and use it occassionally. However, when I made the move to PNI, knowing the individuals involved, I knew with every fiber of my being the company was going to put out amazing products that worked. When I got my 1st tub of Prodigy I was blown away. The thing I loved the most originally was the pumps. Best pumps, as I've mentioned in other threads. What I'm loving about it even more, is that there is NO CRASH and the level of endurance and energy I get are felt for hours after. Just the other day I dropped a serving at 3:30 and at 8 PM I still felt energized and focused, which is very importatn because our HS Baseball open gyms are from 7:15-9:15 so that focus has really helped on those late nights.

Now, I know nothing about volatile, but I do know that Prodigy has more than answered the bell!

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established
I was with another company for 4+ years and really like their products. Three in particular were in my arsenal every single day. That company recently released a pre workout that I loved. I still have some at home and use it occassionally. However, when I made the move to PNI, knowing the individuals involved, I knew with every fiber of my being the company was going to put out amazing products that worked. When I got my 1st tub of Prodigy I was blown away. The thing I loved the most originally was the pumps. Best pumps, as I've mentioned in other threads. What I'm loving about it even more, is that there is NO CRASH and the level of endurance and energy I get are felt for hours after. Just the other day I dropped a serving at 3:30 and at 8 PM I still felt energized and focused, which is very importatn because our HS Baseball open gyms are from 7:15-9:15 so that focus has really helped on those late nights.

Now, I know nothing about volatile, but I do know that Prodigy has more than answered the bell!
Still using HumaPro?

I wanna try Prodigy because of the feedback, but what ingredient makes it so special.

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
Still using HumaPro?

I wanna try Prodigy because of the feedback, but what ingredient makes it so special.
There is no one ingredient that makes it special but the combination of all of them. The dosages are about right as well. That said their Orchilean extract is unique to Prodigy.

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
There is no one ingredient that makes it special but the combination of all of them. The dosages are about right as well. That said their Orchilean extract is unique to Prodigy.
Not only are the ingredients important, but so are the:

-Amounts used
-Quality of the raws
-Quality of the manufacturing
-The ratios

This is where PNI shines (and I am not saying that other companies do not also shine, but these things should always be considered).

Note: Ochilean is something special, novel and unique!