Is GMS ok for someone with slightly raised triglycerides?

  1. Is GMS ok for someone with slightly raised triglycerides?


    I have slightly raised triglycerides(2.10),it runs in the family.

    My fathers says he lowers them with artichoke extract,so I`ll give that a try too.


    Anyway,can I take glycerol monostearate?

    I will probably get GlycerGrow or Hemavol.


  2. Hemavol will be just fine. You get as much saturated fat in a tiny cup of 2% milk

    Glycergrow isn't a good product anyway tbh.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  3. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69
    Hemavol will be just fine. You get as much saturated fat in a tiny cup of 2% milk

    Glycergrow isn't a good product anyway tbh.


    Why is Glycergrow not a good product?
    •   
       


  4. Pros: None, unless superhydrating for a marathon.

    Cons: Muscle cell dehydration, water retention followed by diuresis, unpalatable saturated fat
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  5. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Pros: None, unless superhydrating for a marathon.
    I`m actually wanting the water rention effect around my muscles lol



    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Cons: Muscle cell dehydration
    Serious?

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Killler View Post
    I`m actually wanting the water rention effect around my muscles lol





    Serious?
    Yes, barely any glycerol actually crosses the muscle cell membrane. Most gets tied up up in the interstitial space, so water gets "pulled" out of your muscles.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Yes, barely any glycerol actually crosses the muscle cell membrane. Most gets tied up up in the interstitial space, so water gets "pulled" out of your muscles.
    What if you stack it with creatine then?

    btw would Hemavol give me any water retention effect?Since it is to be taken only on training days,and I train once in 3 days.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Killler View Post
    What if you stack it with creatine then?

    btw would Hemavol give me any water retention effect?Since it is to be taken only on training days,and I train once in 3 days.
    Stacking with creatine would not change the osmolytic concentration of GMS extracellularly, but it may attenuate muscle cell dehydration if you are not yet saturated.

    Hemavol is unlikely to give you water retention. Even on training days, 1-2g GMS is nothing. The studied doses use figures in the double and triple digits.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Killler View Post
    What if you stack it with creatine then?

    btw would Hemavol give me any water retention effect?Since it is to be taken only on training days,and I train once in 3 days.
    You can always ad bulk GMS to Hemavol if you wish. I'd give it a try standalone first.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

  10. Gms IMO has no real practical application other than aesthetics. It is cheap tho so why not just buy bulk and add to your pre.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by PuZo View Post
    You can always ad bulk GMS to Hemavol if you wish. I'd give it a try standalone first.
    He has high triglycerides. I'd never recommend bulk GMS to anyone, much less someone who doesn't need the extra fats.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  12. Re: Is GMS ok for someone with slightly raised triglycerides?


    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    He has high triglycerides. I'd never recommend bulk GMS to anyone, much less someone who doesn't need the extra fats.


    Hemavol has gms? Or are you saying the 2g in it is better than taking a larger dose like with glycergrow or bulk powder
    CELTIC LABS REP

  13. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Yes, barely any glycerol actually crosses the muscle cell membrane. Most gets tied up up in the interstitial space, so water gets "pulled" out of your muscles.

    Good info right here.. I always thought the opposite until you schooled me when talking
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 03:25 AM
  2. is this ok for a bulking diet???
    By clippers41 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 04:14 PM
  3. is this ok for a Prostanznal PCT
    By SrT4u2Nv in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 09:44 PM
  4. Is BW ok to use with serostim
    By FullyBuilt in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 11:23 PM
  5. Is this ok for liquid nolva
    By Biggerisbetter in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 03:21 PM
Log in
Log in