Creatine Question-10grams a day

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Creatine Question-10grams a day


    I am currently 170 and 5 ft 8 inches, would taking 10 grams of Creatine instead of 5 grams, be bad or even more effective in the long term?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    would taking 10 grams of Creatine instead of 5 grams, be bad or even more effective in the long term?
    neither.
    it would simply be a waste of creatine.

    i use this creatine, here..

    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/r...-60-grams.html
    •   
       


  3. Oh, you are a rep of them so haha all there products are reccomended

  4. you only need 3g a day. Creatine timing doesn't matter. Loading doesn't matter either. Taking 3g a day will saturate your muscles, at a slower rate, and then continuous dosing will keep them saturated.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    Oh, you are a rep of them so haha all there products are reccomended
    i don't operate that way LOL.

    and yet - there is a reason i rep for these guys.
    products are quality, prices are great, service is top-notch.
    •   
       


  6. Yes, i take 5 daily.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    i don't operate that way LOL.

    and yet - there is a reason i rep for these guys.
    Solid products i assume?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    Yes, i take 5 daily.
    thats fine then, anything over that your just pissing away. PFtttttt Finaflex blows, terrible .

  9. 10 is def overdoing it!

    No need for anything fancy in my opinion. Go with creatine mono the studies are there and its proven effective time after time.

    PS I'm also a rep and we also carry mono but just started repping 4 days ago lol. Before then, I still ALWAYS recommended mono because its withstood the test of time of all the other "new and improved" forms out there.

    *Not aimed at any product or company specifically - my personal opinion.
    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  10. I take 5 grams on workout days only (4 days a week). I use bulk Creapure from a local health food store, I got a kilo for like 13 bucks and it should last a year.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    10 is def overdoing it!

    No need for anything fancy in my opinion. Go with creatine mono the studies are there and its proven effective time after time.

    PS I'm also a rep and we also carry mono but just started repping 4 days ago lol. Before then, I still ALWAYS recommended mono because its withstood the test of time of all the other "new and improved" forms out there.

    *Not aimed at any product or company specifically - my personal opinion.
    - Valdez
    I use mono by AST Sports

  12. Being only 15 years old you shouldn't be taking any supplements at all.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Being only 15 years old you shouldn't be taking any supplements at all.
    I understand, but it is my decsion. I am smart about how i take my supplements and informed, thank you.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    I understand, but it is my decsion. I am smart about how i take my supplements and informed, thank you.
    You must not be too informed.. Use creatine when you hit 16 or 17. Your body creates enough as it is, it's just an added bonus for people who actually need it. If your gonna take it, take it right. 5g/day.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by saintlifter View Post
    You must not be too informed.. Use creatine when you hit 16 or 17. Your body creates enough as it is, it's just an added bonus for people who actually need it. If your gonna take it, take it right. 5g/day.
    I do take 5g a day right now. I also lift heavy and drink plenty of water. Your body does not produce enough to saturate muscle (you would need to eat like 5lbs of red meat to get the same results).

  16. Quick google search.

    Read the pre-cautions section.

  17. 15 and he benches 235 .... good lord it must be the creatine!

  18. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Being only 15 years old you shouldn't be taking any supplements at all.
    Woops! Thanks T

    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  19. You're doing it right OP. Although I would, and will not recommend supplementing quite yet, since you're choosing to do so you may as well do so properly. That said, begin dosing 3g on workout days only. 10g/day is unnecessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by saintlifter View Post
    Your body creates enough as it is
    Not enough to reach peak PCr concentrations.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    http://www.seriousnutritionsolutions. com - CDMMA [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    https://www.facebook.com/SeriousNutritionSolutions - https://www.twitter.com/SNSonline

  20. Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    I understand, but it is my decsion. I am smart about how i take my supplements and informed, thank you.
    Please tell me how well informed are you to make the bold statement that you need 5lbs of red meet to saturate it, that you can take 10g and that you are 15 talking back to someone that is telling you not to use a psychological crutch? Because as far as I am concerned you do NOT need any kind of supplementation, and I am a rep too...even I admit that the key to everything is proper diet, proper rest and hard work...Supplements are there to fill the gaps and even the most proven supplement in the world (Creatine) is not NEEDED to lift...

    (PS it's more like 2-3lbs of RAW fish to saturate creatine stores through diet...)
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post

    Please tell me how well informed are you to make the bold statement that you need 5lbs of red meet to saturate it, that you can take 10g and that you are 15 talking back to someone that is telling you not to use a psychological crutch? Because as far as I am concerned you do NOT need any kind of supplementation, and I am a rep too...even I admit that the key to everything is proper diet, proper rest and hard work...Supplements are there to fill the gaps and even the most proven supplement in the world (Creatine) is not NEEDED to lift...

    (PS it's more like 2-3lbs of RAW fish to saturate creatine stores through diet...)
    Steroids are more proven than creatine.
    Use code "fl3x10" to get a free shirt with your purchase at Mind and Muscle

  22. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    Steroids are more proven than creatine.
    Touche haha , but we said supplements not AAS ;p!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  23. I understand, but it will not hurt me to take it. I know you know what you are talking about, no doubt. I take it 5 grams a day and lift hard + 1-2 gallons of water a day. Also, i may take gear in the future depending on how informed and whatnot i am on them. Thank you for the help man, really appreciate it

  24. Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    I understand, but it is my decsion. I am smart about how i take my supplements and informed, thank you.

    Like I said in your other thread, it isn't really your decision. You're only 15 years old. It is your Mom, Dad, or legal guardians decision. Do they even know what your taking?. Have you mentioned what you take to your pediatrician?

  25. Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    I understand, but it will not hurt me to take it. I know you know what you are talking about, no doubt. I take it 5 grams a day and lift hard + 1-2 gallons of water a day. Also, i may take gear in the future depending on how informed and whatnot i am on them. Thank you for the help man, really appreciate it
    You don't need to take Creatine everyday, as mentioned before any more than 3-5 grams is a waste and I would argue that 3g 4x a week is enough unless you were 250lbs+ anyway. Just remember results come from your hard work and diet, supps are there to help and fill the gaps like I said.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    You don't need to take Creatine everyday, as mentioned before any more than 3-5 grams is a waste and I would argue that 3g 4x a week is enough unless you were 250lbs+ anyway. Just remember results come from your hard work and diet, supps are there to help and fill the gaps like I said.
    I take it about 5x a week for 5 grams. Check out my log sometime aswell! Thank you man

  27. Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    I take it about 5x a week for 5 grams. Check out my log sometime aswell! Thank you man
    Link it up lol...searching your posts yields nothing since you are fairly new in the forums.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  28. Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    I understand, but it will not hurt me to take it.

    Link to research on the safety of creatine use in adolescents?.

  29. I cannot link as i am under 150 posts. But i want to say this, there has been enough research to show creatine is not harmful, but not enough to show it is beneficial or harmful to teenagers. Best way to find out is to take it lol. I have been for 5 months without side effects. I am staying careful. My log is in the workout log section, should be B3ast's workout log

  30. This is my personal opinion - I took it when I was 16 its really not that big of a deal.

    Do you need it? No. Are you going to get addicted? No.

    Lighten up on the kid lecturing him isn't going to help anything.

    You're 15 bro, plenty of hormones in that body of yours to get the gains you want just eat, lift heavy, sleep, avoid alcohol drugs and do good in school

    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Creatine question
    By whoareit in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 09:19 PM
  2. Creatine questions
    By swtnycboy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 01:27 PM
  3. creatine question
    By VES in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 01:58 AM
  4. Funny Steroid Question of the Day....
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-06-2003, 05:26 PM
Log in
Log in