Best Pre-Workout (cheap and effective)

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
I recently decided to invest in taking a pre workout along with caffiene pills. What are some of the reccomended pwo's?

I am thinking about using one of these:
  • C4 Extreme
  • Totalis (Ian Mcarthy)
  • Animal Pump
  • Jack3d (new formula)

Which of those is the best? I am mainly contemplating between the first two. Thanks!

Btw, i am new here, so i would like to say "Hi" to everybody.

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
What do you guys think of the ones i have listed?

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
PNI Prodigy and Ignited are the 2 recommened, what about the list i have stated?

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
I'll be honest, I think their very weak. Never heard of Totalis though.
(Smartpowders.com/) p-10843-totalis-pre-workout-w-cm-200g.aspx I can not post links yet.

So PNI Prodigy or IGNITED?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
PNI Prodigy and Ignited are the 2 recommened, what about the list i have stated?
as a rep for Finaflex, i dislike rating other products..
however, i will say you have a list of very different items there, with very different effects.
you need to determine if you want more of a "pump product" or more of an "energy product"..

imo, Ignite2 accomplishes both. ;)

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
Any place i can get a discount for it? lol and i want a product that will energize me for lifts and getting me pumped up! So, yes you are right

JonRubio

JonRubio

Awards
  • Established
Never tried Ignite so I can't say anything about it, however, I have used 90% of the preworkouts on Nutra and PNI Prodigy beats all of them IMO.

JonRubio

JonRubio

Awards
  • Established
Will try! Did you check the totalis?
Looks solid however 200 mg of Citrulline is to low. And 20 servings is a little low IMO. I love the fact how I can't take more than one scoop because it's to much for me. With the old jacked and other concentrated preworkouts id have to take like 3 scoops to feel anything. This is not the case with prodigy

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Any place i can get a discount for it? lol and i want a product that will energize me for lifts and getting me pumped up! So, yes you are right
it is already discounted bud, $28.99 for 30 TRUE servings.
you will not need to take more than 1 scoop of this, and i recommend you start lower than that to assess.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MAN Body Octane is pretty solid too. Can even be combined with a PWO you already have to fill in any ingredient gaps.

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
I am currently 15.5 years old, 170lbs and 5' 8" is the PNI Prodigy still OK for me? Or Ignited

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I am currently 15.5 years old, 170lbs and 5' 8" is the PNI Prodigy still OK for me? Or Ignited
ooops. :run:
that shoulda been the first thing out of your mouth.
unfortunately i cannot advise any of our products for you, as recommended age for use is 18.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
safe things:
food (learn the power of food!)
multivite
possibly creatine
protein powder
fish oil

i would not advise any stims, but you'll do what you want to do.

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
I take caffiene pills already, C4 extreme should be ok? I have been lifting 8-9 months (i have a log).

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
no. 18 to use as well.
no rep should advise a preWO like this for you.
like i said - you are gonna do what you are gonna do..
just don't waste your time looking for someone to co-sign the idea for you.
I understand, and thank you for understanding ultimately it is my decsion.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
PNI Prodigy over everything
To window dress ingredients like beta alanine, caffeine, arginine and theobromine intentionally under there scientific name in order to sound innovative and fool the less than educated consumer that's probably already overwhelmed by the flood of latest and greatest "me-too" pre-w/o drinks is borderline shady IMO. Not to mention prodigy doesn't even have a full month's serving.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Well being that your 15 1/2 I'm advising you against all supplementation except for Mom's cooking, protein and maybe a multivitamin/mineral.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Beast - Go with coffee
T-bone - The purchase of supplements is not consent-restricted

To window dress ingredients like beta alanine, caffeine, arginine and theobromine intentionally under there scientific name in order to sound innovative and fool the less than educated consumer that's probably already overwhelmed by the flood of latest and greatest "me-too" pre-w/o drinks is borderline shady IMO. Not to mention prodigy doesn't even have a full month's serving.
Agreed, this tactic drives me nuts

caz1238

Awards
im going with totalis on this one,

LCLT, beta alanine, Citrulline malate, ALCAR, caffeine, Norvaline, and Tyrosine?

thats a damn good pre workout, if i want more caffeine ill just brew an extra cup of coffee >=), either way its a good buy IMO

ALSO, the site is providing 200grams of citrulline malate, not 200mg.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
For a simple pre dosed effectively, condese + focus XT
Or
Focus XT stim free + cbol

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Or

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App
Great idea... Even a stim free can be of good use

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Or

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App
Great idea... Even a stim free can be of good use

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Did NOT mean to double post sorry

boogyman

Awards
I like White Flood. Not to stimmy, I can add more stim if I like, and has most of the "preworkout staples" in it. I have been dosing 1 scoop with 2 RPM caps and having kick ass workouts. Just the right amount of stim for me, and a nice strength boost.

I also dosed COP preworkout for the first time today (4 SNS caps) and it seemed to help get an extra rep or 2 on my heavy sets. This will be my go to preworkout stack for the next few months.

Oh yeah. On upper body days I add 9 grams Cit Mal. I don't use it on lower body days, gives me horrible back pumps.

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. Not needed IMO. However I can say that Prodigy is a kick ass product. It works quite well. And although a prop blend you can pretty much figure out its property dosed. All that said to the OP your current supplement regimen is enough. Food and the right food at that combined with training is what you should be concerned about.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. Not needed IMO. However I can say that Prodigy is a kick ass product. It works quite well. And although a prop blend you can pretty much figure out its property dosed. All that said to the OP your current supplement regimen is enough. Food and the right food at that combined with training is what you should be concerned about.
It does sound like a well rounded product.

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
im going with totalis on this one,

LCLT, beta alanine, Citrulline malate, ALCAR, caffeine, Norvaline, and Tyrosine?

thats a damn good pre workout, if i want more caffeine ill just brew an extra cup of coffee >=), either way its a good buy IMO

ALSO, the site is providing 200grams of citrulline malate, not 200mg.
I am thinking of going with that one as well

JonRubio

JonRubio

Awards
  • Established
Its the consumers responsibility to look at what their taking. Who cares, it's just another nomenclature. If you read the label and think this product has one of a kind ingredients, that's your fault for not being informed. And if your working out every single day in a month, your doing it terribly wrong.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i say drink coffee as a pre...that way if a 16 year old gets heart palpitations while working out at least the f'ing fda knows better than to try and ban coffee-at least i hope they do!!!

this is the kinda sh i t that gets all the good stuff banned...i wish they would realize that no law is going to protect a dumbass from himself.

sorry op if you are a responsible 16 year old, but your age group is really screwing things up for the rest of us with irresponsible abuse of 'atm' legal products!!!

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
i say drink coffee as a pre...that way if a 16 year old gets heart palpitations while working out at least the f'ing fda knows better than to try and ban coffee-at least i hope they do!!!

this is the kinda sh i t that gets all the good stuff banned...i wish they would realize that no law is going to protect a dumbass from himself.

sorry op if you are a responsible 16 year old, but your age group is really screwing things up for the rest of us with irresponsible abuse of 'atm' legal products!!!
I am responsible, and stay smart with the way i use supplements.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Its the consumers responsibility to look at what their taking. Who cares, it's just another nomenclature. If you read the label and think this product has one of a kind ingredients, that's your fault for not being informed. And if your working out every single day in a month, your doing it terribly wrong.
Jon, unfortunately it doesn't really pan out that way in the real world outside the realm of AM.com where supplement educated smart folk like you and I sojourn regularly. It should be the companies goal to list ingredients for what they are known as in the real world and not in the lab or research field. When I see of all things something like arginine being listed as 2-amino-5-guanidinovaleric acid instead of arginine on a label that makes me think there's window dressing going on. I'm not gonna call it deceitful because I don't know what the intent of PNI had listing it that way since every other product they have seems to have there ingredients listed as what they are in the real world.

We're not gonna see eye to eye and I respect that and with that being said I also respect the time you've invested logging products like prodigy and condense but for you to say who cares well it doesn't make me sound convinced. Btw what does working every single day in a month have to do with any of this ?

JonRubio

JonRubio

Awards
  • Established
Jon, unfortunately it doesn't really pan out that way in the real world outside the realm of AM.com where supplement educated smart folk like you and I sojourn regularly. It should be the companies goal to list ingredients for what they are known as in the real world and not in the lab or research field. When I see of all things something like arginine being listed as 2-amino-5-guanidinovaleric acid instead of arginine on a label that makes me think there's window dressing going on. I'm not gonna call it deceitful because I don't know what the intent of PNI had listing it that way since every other product they have seems to have there ingredients listed as what they are in the real world.

We're not gonna see eye to eye and I respect that and with that being said I also respect the time you've invested logging products like prodigy and condense but for you to say who cares well it doesn't make me sound convinced. Btw what does working every single day in a month have to do with any of this ?
Very respectable comment and I understand completely where your coming from, I just believe if one is going to invest $30 or so on a product they should look up what their buying. But again your 100% when it comes to those noobs who don't tend to look things up. However, I will say that prodigy isn't available at G?C and is only available online. Most people who are noobs would purchase from a click and mortar store like the one I listed above. So the consumer who is purchasing prodigy is most likely a member of AM or another respectable forum who researches their stuff. And when I said working out every day, I meant this product should last you longer than a month since noone works out everyday. Some people only go 3-4 times a week which would mean it would last over a month. But all in all, give the stuff a try. It is IMO the best pre on the market today. I wouldn't of written this whole paragraph of it wasn't lol

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
You're 15.5 years old man; do you really see the need for a pwo? Or know for what purpose you want a pwo? If you must take anything I recommend staying away from DMAA containing products and sway toward low dose if not non-stim performance products. At your age, I see little reason for needing to consume the caffiene equivilent of 2 1/2 red bulls. Not advocating red bull usage pre, just a comparision.

imo focus more on the training; perfecting motor patterns and correcting form before you stim yourself crazy while simaltaneously squatting with knees buckling all over the place.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
At age 16 ( 15.5 isnt an age) I would not feel comfortable recommending anything. However I also remember being 16 years old and not listening to anyone lol. I recall with creatine first hit the market ( yes im old) we all were taking big scoops of powder and drinking Gatorade before football practice no one knew what we were ingesting ( 1996)

If you do end up going for a preworkout look at Hemavol non stim. or Ergopump NMT by ergogenix. Basic creatine, caff, cit mal products that are not overloaded with stims etc.

Ofcourse todays youth is diff than when I was that age we didnt have energy drinks or even good supplements lol

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I won't recommend a prewo at your age bud. it won't hurt ya if you don't overdo it but it isn't necessary now. There's also no need to stack caffeine with a stimmed prewo. I was 22 when I first took a prewo...4 scoops later of original jack3d...Some of my best workouts are stim free

Like t-bone said- where do your parents stand on this? last thing you need to do is piss them off to where they won't even get ya protein powder

but to answer your question- purus condense. 40 servings for 24$

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
Where do Mom and Dad stand on your supplement use?
My dad lifts along with me. He allows me to take Creatine and Whey protien. And makes sure i know what i am doing and not over dosing. He has been lifting for 10 years.

At age 16 ( 15.5 isnt an age) I would not feel comfortable recommending anything. However I also remember being 16 years old and not listening to anyone lol. I recall with creatine first hit the market ( yes im old) we all were taking big scoops of powder and drinking Gatorade before football practice no one knew what we were ingesting ( 1996)

If you do end up going for a preworkout look at Hemavol non stim. or Ergopump NMT by ergogenix. Basic creatine, caff, cit mal products that are not overloaded with stims etc.

Ofcourse todays youth is diff than when I was that age we didnt have energy drinks or even good supplements lol
I understand. I want to listen hence why i made this thread. DO you believe it i take the pwo safely, it will not hurt me?

I won't recommend a prewo at your age bud. it won't hurt ya if you don't overdo it but it isn't necessary now. There's also no need to stack caffeine with a stimmed prewo. I was 22 when I first took a prewo...4 scoops later of original jack3d...Some of my best workouts are stim free

Like t-bone said- where do your parents stand on this? last thing you need to do is piss them off to where they won't even get ya protein powder

but to answer your question- purus condense. 40 servings for 24$
I see, i answered T-bone's question above. Its christmas time so i decided to ask for some supplements. I will not be angry if i do not get a pwo, its just on the days i do max efforts i like to have a bit more in me.

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
So the days that you have max efforts you should eat a bit more before working out. Or the day before just load up....Your only "15.5" years old so you can even eat some garbage foods and you should be fine. Food=energy. More food=More energy. Also if you feeling tired, you should try to improve your sleep habits. Lack of sleep, or not enough calories, or both can and will effect you more than you think. At your age I say just keep it simple.
I understand. I will give it a try for one month and most likely not continue it after wards. Thanks t bone ;)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
do some research on carbo loading....it's what marathon runners do in prep for a race...the same priciple also applies to your max effort days.

1st.. carbo depletion
2nd..the day before loading on stuff like spaghetti

thats a simplistic explanation, but there is tons of info available.

BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Awards
No need to add caffeine pills to any of the listed pre workouts. That will over stimulate you CNS and dehydrate your muscles. Have you tried Epic?? Amazing pumps, vascularity, tastes like a jolly rancher, and you'd have no need to add caffeine pills as it offers plenty of energy.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
No need to add caffeine pills to any of the listed pre workouts. That will over stimulate you CNS and dehydrate your muscles. Have you tried Epic?? Amazing pumps, vascularity, tastes like a jolly rancher, and you'd have no need to add caffeine pills as it offers plenty of energy.
Great pwo! ConDense as well!