Minimising damage from alcohol consumption

Steve_W

Awards
Hey guys,With the festive season coming up, what are your strategies on damage control from alcohol? I read that article by that Martin lean gains guy and had some good information, so he is basically stating that the supposed decrease in T and rise in E from alcohol drinking is exaggerated?From my understanding alcohol doesn't raise estrogen per se (though apparently beer is estrogenic), however it effects the bodies ability to remove estrogen as the liver is clearing out the alcohol first. So say if you were to take a decent liver support supp following a night out and maybe something like calcium d glucarate/I3C, this would help minimise the damage? What do you think?

Ginandtonic

Ginandtonic

Awards
Common sense things - Glass of water between beers/drinks, minimum sugary drinks, more water and a small meal before bed. Some people recommend skipping creatine the day of drinking, but I only have anecdotal evidence that this helps. For supplements to reduce damage, I can't think of anything besides multi-vitamin, anti oxidants, and otc AIs. I'm sure some more informed members will chime in

Veritatis

Veritatis

Banned
Awards
Hey guys,With the festive season coming up, what are your strategies on damage control from alcohol? I read that article by that Martin lean gains guy and had some good information, so he is basically stating that the supposed decrease in T and rise in E from alcohol drinking is exaggerated?From my understanding alcohol doesn't raise estrogen per se (though apparently beer is estrogenic), however it effects the bodies ability to remove estrogen as the liver is clearing out the alcohol first. So say if you were to take a decent liver support supp following a night out and maybe something like calcium d glucarate/I3C, this would help minimise the damage? What do you think?
Cycle support supplements are a great option to help minimize and even reverse damage, check out Talos+Aegis. They are by far one of the strongest combos available. Besides that have a healthy diet, and eat lots of broccoli/cauliflower to help with estrogen control. Also, Talos has Trans-Resveratrol, which is a great anti-oxidant that also helps keep estrogen levels in control. Though, just limit how much you drink or don't drink at all, and you dont have to worry...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
ALCAR will serve as a direct neuroprotective aid against alcohol-induced brain damage, and it could also potentially normalize testosterone levels following a binge drinking episode.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glass of orange juice and a teaspoon of salt before bed always works for me as a hangover preventer. Nimbus Blast back in the day too. Then again, who really cares about one day of binge drinking?

Steve_W

Awards
ALCAR will serve as a direct neuroprotective aid against alcohol-induced brain damage, and it could also potentially normalize testosterone levels following a binge drinking episode.
Interesting, what sort of dosage do you recommend? I actually just ordered some SNS PLCAR with my last order too, would PLCAR be beneficial too?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Interesting, what sort of dosage do you recommend? I actually just ordered some SNS PLCAR with my last order too, would PLCAR be beneficial too?
2g pre-drinking. PLCAR won't have the same benefit since it is directly dependent on acetate donation from ALCAR

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Google "lean gains alcohol", you'll find a very informative guide on their site in how to avoid damage from holiday festivities m

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
just limit how much you drink or don't drink at all, and you dont have to worry...
i dunno man..
that seems to make too much sense.
i'd rather take a product that will allow me wiggle room and clean up my bad choices, so i can go out and do whatever i want to my body............
isn't that what supplements are for?

:think:

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
As Coop said, ALCAR before drinking, and I would say also Nimbus Nutrition's Poseidon before sleep.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
How to minimize it.....keep it minimal. A couple drinks here and there is no worse than popping a couple Ibuprofen, which many of us tend to do without thought.

JakeAntaeus

JakeAntaeus

Awards
SAMe protects your liver from ethanol-related damage. More interestingly, it specifically induces ethanol-metabolizing enzymes, so it may reduce your blood alcohol level rather more quickly than usual.

I can't post links due to my low post count, but check out PMID:2307395 & PMID:20828554 for more information. If somebody with a higher post count could link to those studies, I'd appreciate it.

-Jake

Veritatis

Veritatis

Banned
Awards
SAMe protects your liver from ethanol-related damage. More interestingly, it specifically induces ethanol-metabolizing enzymes, so it may reduce your blood alcohol level rather more quickly than usual.

I can't post links due to my low post count, but check out PMID:2307395 & PMID:20828554 for more information. If somebody with a higher post count could link to those studies, I'd appreciate it.

-Jake
Just a heads up, in addition to Trans-Resveratrol and a bunch of other goodies that would assist in reversing damage induced by alcohol. SAMe is also contained within Talos by Antaeus Labs.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alcar + liver xt

Steve_W

Awards
i dunno man..
that seems to make too much sense.
i'd rather take a product that will allow me wiggle room and clean up my bad choices, so i can go out and do whatever i want to my body............
isn't that what supplements are for?
:think:
No disrespect man but no need for the sarcasm, that's not what I'm saying. I like to have a balanced lifestyle and enjoy myself sometimes as well. This forum is a great place to learn and I appreciate everyone's input, but if you don't have anything worthwhile to say then stay out of my thread, or does that make too much sense?

Steve_W

Awards

-Jake
Nice, thanks Jake. I've used same before for mood enhancing effects, that's good to know.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
No disrespect man but no need for the sarcasm, that's not what I'm saying. I like to have a balanced lifestyle and enjoy myself sometimes as well. This forum is a great place to learn and I appreciate everyone's input, but if you don't have anything worthwhile to say then stay out of my thread, or does that make too much sense?
no disrespect back my man - but i might suggest not taking things personally on the internet. you are on a public forum, where we can all discuss our views yes?

in actuality, that post i made was not directed personally to you, rather to the mentality that feels there's a magic bullet for everything.
ie, check it out:
on a fatburner..so i can go eat mickey d's and pizza hut. (built-in protection from getting fat)
on a steroidal product/AAS..i don't have to train as hard, cuz the muscle will automatically be there. (may extend to poor diet)
on xyz supplement..let's get hammered guys, cuz i got coverage!
it's just not a visual outlook i embrace. and that is my personal opinion.