Bulbine - We're bing ripped off, apparently

RogerBob

RogerBob

Banned
Awards
From another forum, whilst researching bulbine (and why i feel like Im a bloated woman) I came across this....

You’re all being ripped off.

About 1 year ago Bulbine Natalensis hit the Dietary Supplement industry and raised quite the commotion. Claiming to raise testosterone levels by 347%, the buzz was profound to say the least. Since its release, numerous companies have included this ingredient in their products with great results and reviews from end users. The most glowing/positive reviews are coming from a specific form of Bulbine Natalensis known as ProLensis™ as this was the exact extract used in the clinical studies proving the power of Bulbine Natalensis. The extract is unique as it is a 10:1 concentrate, and it contains specific ratios of saponins and alkaloids that have been proven time and time again to raise testosterone.
Unfortunately, not every company is willing to pony up the cash for legitimate raw materials, so the vast majority of products that claim to include Bulbine Natalensis are vastly inferior and will not produce results even remotely similar to those found in the clinical studies. Now while ProLensis™ is obviously the most effective form of Bulbine Natalensis, it would make sense that these cheaper/inferior extracts would at least give us some decent gains…right?

WRONG!

A certain company is currently marketing a product which claims to be “100% Bulbine Natalensis” at a whopping 500mg/capsule. They have prided themselves on the fact that it is not a proprietary blend, and that giving people this amount per pill enables users to finely tune their dosing to correspond to their weight(Don’t forget, Bulbine Natalensis will raise testosterone up to a certain point, and then if you take too much, it will reduce your testosterone levels). They’re logic behind this dosing is

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/JayJo101/1.jpg

So it seems like they’ve read the studies, and understand how to make sure that people take the right dose. The only problem is their math is COMPLETELY wrong. So wrong in fact it is 100% guaranteed that following the dosing protocol of this product will in fact reduce your testosterone levels.
The study this company is referencing used Wistar rats as their subjects and found that a dose of 25mg-50mg/kg was the most effective dose of ProLensis™. So according to this study, if you’re a rat and want a 347% increase in testosterone, you need to be taking 25-50mg/kg of bodyweight.

What’s that you say? You’re not a rat? You’re a human? Well that changes everything.

Common knowledge in the pharmaceutical industry as well as most of the dietary supplement industry shows us that to convert a dosage from any animal (in this instance a rat) to a human, a simple formula must be used to compensate for Body Surface Area(BSA). The fact is that the more body surface area an organism has, the lower the dose/kg will end up being. So to be clear, an animal with a low BSA(such as a rat) will need a higher dose per kg of weight than an animal with a high BSA(such as a human or a 1,000lbs Moose for that matter). So you can figure out the proper dosing for yourself, here is the formula set up in its basic form, as well as with the proper numbers thrown in for both 25mg/kg and 50mg/kg.

Basic formula:

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/JayJo101/2.jpg

Bulbine Natalensis Conversion formula:

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/JayJo101/3.jpg

Dose = 25mg/kg * (6/37)

Dose = 25mg/kg *(.162)

Dose = 4.05mg/kg

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/JayJo101/4.jpg

Dose = 50mg/kg * (6/37)

Dose = 50mg/kg *(.162)

Dose = 8.10mg/kg

So now we have a true dosing pattern for humans(again, if you’re a rat, please stick with the doses used in the study!) so we can see what each of us should be using to get gains comparable to the study. The company in question uses an 80kg(176lbs) man for their dosing, so we will as well.

80kg x 4.05mg(25mg/kg in rats) = 324mg

80kg x 8.10(50mg/kg in rats) = 648mg

Now just to be clear, what this math is telling us is that an 80kg man, should be taking inbetween 324-648mg/day, or they run the risk of lowering their testosterone instead of raising it. So if this is the case, why in the heck would this company be suggesting an 80kg man take 8 tablets a day, or 4,000mg of Bulbine Natalensis? They are giving users 15-20x more than the study calls for. If this was any other ingredient I’d say “go stock up now!” however this is one of the only ingredients where more is NOT better.
In fact, the only way for this product to work is it you weigh exactly 61.5kg(135lbs), and consume anywhere from ½ a capsule(good luck dumping out ½ a capsule each day) to 1 capsule per day. If you weigh 80kg like they estimate you will, you’ll need to take 2 capsules/day, which puts you well over the dosing threshold which means you will LOWER your testosterone levels!

So now where does that leave us? Should no one take Bulbine Natalensis? Absolutely not! You just need to choose a brand like RLS that actually knows how to use studies, science, and proper dosing protocols to ensure you get the results you deserve! Look for only brands that utilize ProLensis™ Bulbine Natalensis as they are guaranteed to be dosed properly and effectively due to intense research by the companies who offer it, as well as the manufacturers!

ROGERBOB:
I'm gonna give 1 Tab a go, and report my results. It certainly doesn't feel like my test is higher on high dose (12 tabsx500mg) bulbine compared with TauroTest, ISA-TEST gf, or Erase.. I feel like ive been on the booze all night and im retaining loads of water

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
This post states that a higher dose lowers a users testosterone, is there research showing this? Thank you.

RogerBob

RogerBob

Banned
Awards
Im seeing a u-turn effect too.. high trst, then lowers after 10 days ish

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
http://www.steroidtimes.com/bulbine-natalensis-raises-testosterone-lowers-estrogen/2010

one study showing the guy using too much reduced his estrogen AND tesosterone.

Seems less is more
Yes. I am currently using IForce Tropinol but I believe it to be under dosed for me (my weight) at two caps a day. With it being a Prop blend I don't really know how much Im getting. I've noticed some positive things while on it but I want to give the SNS product a go next time as I will be sure of the dose.

RogerBob

RogerBob

Banned
Awards
same - i went for a £5 cheaper product, but hters no way of telling what the dose is inside. it just says 100% 500mg.

Ill try the lower dose as the high dose makes me feel like a girl.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bulbine seems to have a bell shaped curve with dosing in terms of testosterone increase....i had the discussion with a company owner because he was bragging about having the highest dose of bulbine in his product...but thats not necessarily a good thing and could be a bad thing and make a lot of potential customers turn to another product

i must say my experience with bulbine though has been amazing....i love stacking it with daa

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
bulbine seems to have a bell shaped curve with dosing in terms of testosterone increase....i had the discussion with a company owner because he was bragging about having the highest dose of bulbine in his product...but thats not necessarily a good thing and could be a bad thing and make a lot of potential customers turn to another product

i must say my experience with bulbine though has been amazing....i love stacking it with daa
What kind of dosing mg/kg did you follow?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What kind of dosing mg/kg did you follow?

Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per SRV %DV
Zinc (from Zinc Aspartate) 10mg 67%
Proprietary Blend 500mg**
Urtica Dioica Extract (Pharmaceutical Grade Extract Containing SHBG Binding Lignans 3,4-Divanillyltetrahydrofuran and Secoisolariciresinol), ProLensistm (Bulbine Natalensis P.E.),Zinc Aspartate
**Percent Daily Value Not Established

this is the breakdown of the product i took with bulbine.....just went 1 cap a day but saw a marked increased in libido and body comp....strength was ok but i wasn't really concerned with strength at that time

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes. I am currently using IForce Tropinol but I believe it to be under dosed for me (my weight) at two caps a day. With it being a Prop blend I don't really know how much Im getting. I've noticed some positive things while on it but I want to give the SNS product a go next time as I will be sure of the dose.
That's the beauty of SNS! You never have to wonder how much of the ingredient you're getting. That's always been a huge sell for me when choosing which products to purchase.

Also to the OP, next time try using a different approach. The thread title is misleading. While you're specifically saying one company is dosing wrong, the thread title implies that Bulbine is a sham, which is not the case.

- Valdez

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
I cycle Ergotest, which has prolensis in it. My labs in July were 330 total T and yesterday my Doc called and they were 476. free and bio T increased however I do not have before numbers.

We have seen users Triazole stacked ergotest really blow up.

RogerBob

RogerBob

Banned
Awards
Im following this - product says take 2000mg twice a day

the science says take 1 tab or LESS a DAY

So, im gonna try 1 tab. Thats 120 days supply!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ah, great.. so a N T B M shill can post an article on the internet to pimp their crap.

I am shocked.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ah, great.. so a N T B M shill can post an article on the internet to pimp their crap.

I am shocked.
crap? it seems to me a lot of ppl have success with bulbine products...not matter what brand

RogerBob

RogerBob

Banned
Awards
yeah lets not get off subject - we wanna look at the dosage

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's the beauty of SNS! You never have to wonder how much of the ingredient you're getting. That's always been a huge sell for me when choosing which products to purchase.

- Valdez
have u used sns bulbine yet? if so how was it?

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
I hear good things about Iforces trop. I've not had any personal use of SNS's but I have a ton of SNS single ingredient goodies to know their stuff is quality

RogerBob

RogerBob

Banned
Awards
googling shows iforce bulbine as bunk, try SNS

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
crap? it seems to me a lot of ppl have success with bulbine products...not matter what brand
I wasn't referring to Bulbine, but this post directly.

Please point out in the studies where the aqueous extract referenced = Prolensis?

Prolensis is just a bs made up name by AR to sell this. I was researching baker stem well before his little campaign started. The purported effects are way overblown.

To say the bulk is not effective is just plain wrong, in comparison to the magical Prolensis.

RogerBob

RogerBob

Banned
Awards
From another forum post. Different product. Bro-science

Less is more with this product. I had to experiment big time when I was using phytoserms 347(btw would never pay that much again).

I was taking 3 caps a day -- nothing.

Took 2 caps a day --- felt more increase in testosterone related sides

took 1 cap a day --- boom sweet spot!!!!!!!!

Next time around I'm gonna do bloods just so I have hard evidence.

But please remember to dose bulbine the lowest you possibly can for your body weight.

I was 160lbs at the time (about a year ago), even half a cap or one full cap worked just fine.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wasn't referring to Bulbine, but this post directly.

Please point out in the studies where the aqueous extract referenced = Prolensis?

Prolensis is just a bs made up name by AR to sell this. I was researching baker stem well before his little campaign started. The purported effects are way overblown.

To say the bulk is not effective is just plain wrong, in comparison to the magical Prolensis.
if thats the case...why do think so many companies use the porlensis bulbine, like I force, SNS, IML, and RLS

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
if thats the case...why do think so many companies use the porlensis bulbine, like I force, SNS, IML, and RLS
Hmmm, I'm gonna go with conspiracy, ya conspiracy gotta be. :masked:

I kid I enjoy those companies and appreciate the fact that they use what has been researched.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your RLS/N T B M affiliation is showing through.

So you are telling me that the bulk alone is not effective? The same extract utilized in studies?

Also, if Phyto was dosed so superbly.. why are they promoting they doubled the content in their new version. Seems to me if they were so great with their math, and that there is a bell curve, they wouldn't want to increase that dosage whatsoever.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your RLS/N T B M affiliation is showing through.

So you are telling me that the bulk alone is not effective? The same extract utilized in studies?

Also, if Phyto was dosed so superbly.. why are they promoting they doubled the content in their new version. Seems to me if they were so great with their math, and that there is a bell curve, they wouldn't want to increase that dosage whatsoever.
i didn't say any of that...i asked u a question...stay on track here

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i didn't say any of that...i asked u a question...stay on track here
You have the burden of proof here. It is your company promoting this stuff. Why are you saying bulk is ineffective and your prolensis is effective?

And again.. I point out Anthony Roberts is behind this. Why does anyone trust anything he says? I don't think I have to explain the details behind his criminal history, scamming operations, and the reason each website he hosts gets ripped from him. He is the biggest crook in the industry, he is the reason this industry gets a bad name, and you people support him.

Gonna sell steroid named products next? Wait, he already did that.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And lets not get this twisted.. there have been multiple people post blood results showing lowered test and raised estro from Phtyo.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No reason to carry on really. Just meant to point out the original post was an attempt by N T B M to discredit other products to promote their own (Common practice by them).

I will check out now. I have no real skin in this game. You all are consumers and have that right to make up your mind on what to buy.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You have the burden of proof here. It is your company promoting this stuff. Why are you saying bulk is ineffective and your prolensis is effective?

And again.. I point out Anthony Roberts is behind this. Why does anyone trust anything he says? I don't think I have to explain the details behind his criminal history, scamming operations, and the reason each website he hosts gets ripped from him. He is the biggest crook in the industry, he is the reason this industry gets a bad name, and you people support him.

Gonna sell steroid named products next? Wait, he already did that.
when did i say bulk was as ineffective? again stick to the topic here....your the one claiming bulk is just as good...so why are a lot of companies using prolensis...it wouldn't make good business sense to buy a named extract that probably cost more

JD261985

Banned
Awards
No reason to carry on really. Just meant to point out the original post was an attempt by N T B M to discredit other products to promote their own (Common practice by them).

I will check out now. I have no real skin in this game. You all are consumers and have that right to make up your mind on what to buy.
That is absolutely retarded. I read his posts, his threads, he doesn't mention anything relating to ****..nothing

RogerBob

RogerBob

Banned
Awards
ignor prlensis - Bulbine in GENERAL, low dose blloods vs high dose is what we want

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is absolutely retarded. I read his posts, his threads, he doesn't mention anything relating to ****..nothing
You are out of your element.. been here for a few months and believe you know AM history.

You know why those letters were starred out in your post? Because they were here and AM brass seen the backhanded nature of the company.

YG is a product of such, and was a rep when they were here. You can search that company name and YGs name and see he is still a member of that team.

RLS is that company, of which puts out propaganda pieces to discredit other companies.

Do I need to go further?

I didn't even say prolensis didn't work... just not the underhanded tactics utilize to discredit other companies to promote their product.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ignor prlensis - Bulbine in GENERAL, low dose blloods vs high dose is what we want
Of which yes, Baker Stem in general... there is a median dose for each person that needs to be calculated. Each person has their own specific HED.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
googling shows iforce bulbine as bunk, try SNS
we source our bulbine from the same exact people as SNS, its Prolensis..............the patented extract for bulbine ;)

just wanted to correct that. tropinol might be getting a facelift in the near future anyways :p

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are out of your element.. been here for a few months and believe you know AM history.

You know why those letters were starred out in your post? Because they were here and AM brass seen the backhanded nature of the company.

YG is a product of such, and was a rep when they were here. You can search that company name and YGs name and see he is still a member of that team.

RLS is that company, of which puts out propaganda pieces to discredit other companies.

Do I need to go further?

I didn't even say prolensis didn't work... just not the underhanded tactics utilize to discredit other companies to promote their product.
lol hating is bad for your health my man....your statements are not only ignorant but un educated as well....go play with ur skin or whatever your plan was

JD261985

Banned
Awards

Do I need to go further?

Well I will go look. Thank you for that info. I like that company and their products but I do not like little ****ing plugs for products. I just want good products from legit companies why does this have to be so difficult? I start to discredit companies that go around plugging their products if they are a rep for that company. They are better off saying nothing at all! Don't they get that lol!

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Do I need to go further?

backhanded nature of the company ? this is not true at all.

there was some issue with a mod of another forum that is owned or operated by the same people as AM. some issues occured on that site.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
8mg/kg in humans is still too high IMO, and this is with in house testing we performed to back this up.

RogerBob

RogerBob

Banned
Awards
8mg/kg in humans is still too high IMO, and this is with in house testing we performed to back this up.
Any data sheets?

I really hate the lack of bloods etc. with claims.. i almost want the FDA involved... but then they ban anything useful LOL

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any data sheets?

I really hate the lack of bloods etc. with claims.. i almost want the FDA involved... but then they ban anything useful LOL
I am unable to provide inhouse testing information without the consent from the owner, however we found the sweet spot to be closer to 4mg/kg than 8mg/kg. 4-8mg/kg is the sweet spot.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I am unable to provide inhouse testing information without the consent from the owner, however we found the sweet spot to be closer to 4mg/kg than 8mg/kg. 4-8mg/kg is the sweet spot.
It depends entirely on the attributes of the subject. BSA calculations on a man of 180lbs of pure LBM will differ from that of a 180lb fat male. The BW:height ratio is also relevant if you wanna get really specific. 8mg/kg is a fairly good starting point and then you can tailor the dose based on the individual.

Hence, the beauty of bulk bulbine and the reason SNS offers such ;).

/pimp

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
backhanded nature of the company ? this is not true at all.

there was some issue with a mod of another forum that is owned or operated by the same people as AM. some issues occured on that site.
Uh...no.

boogyman

Awards
One cap of SNS bulbine had a test boosting effect on me about the same as three grams DAA (which was great considering I seem to respond very good to DAA). I weigh 185 lbs. Il

RogerBob

RogerBob

Banned
Awards
Interestingly... the bulbine has stronger effect as it wears off....my dosage is obviously too high at 2000mg. tomorrow ill try a 1/4 of what im on

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I recently tried SNS Bulbine for the first time and experimented with different dosages. My stats are: 5'10, 168 pounds, 31 inch waist, bf 11-13%. at 1 cap per day (350mg/cap), it was enough to elicit a test boost and I could feel the effects by week 3. I tried playing with the dose trying 2-1-2-1, 2-1-1-2-1-1, and 2-1-1-1-2-1-1-1 dosing. I found that 2-1-2-1 dosing was too much for me. At 2-1-2-1 dosing, I started to experience symptoms of super low estrogen similar to how I feel on 3 caps of PES Erase daily. I know I was probably past the peak of the bell curve and on the way back down. Recovery time increased, sleep quality was not so good, and libido tanked. When I reduced the dosage back down to 2-1-1-2-1-1 and 2-1-1-1-2-1-1-1, all the positive effects of the bulbine came back and were at or above 1 cap daily dosing. From trial and error, I was able to figure out that I had 3 possible dosing options: 1 cap daily which was more than adequate, 2-1-1 much better and felt increase in benefits with out substantial increase in dose, or 2-1-1-1-2-1-1-1 which is similar to the previous dosing scheme of 2-1-1.

Based on my personal experience with Bulbine, more is not better. This is one product you really have to dial in dosage correctly for each individual, but once you find your optimal dosing range sweet spot, this stuff really shines. And because more is not better with this particular product, it makes for an incredible value for people who are under 200lbs. One bottle of SNS Bulbine can last me up to 60 days since I only need 1 cap daily if I really wanted to stretch it out and still reap the benefits. Another thing about Bulbine is that it takes time before the benefits become apparent. This product doesn't really begin to kick until roughly week 3 of usage, but once it gets going it really makes a difference.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It depends entirely on the attributes of the subject. BSA calculations on a man of 180lbs of pure LBM will differ from that of a 180lb fat male. The BW:height ratio is also relevant if you wanna get really specific. 8mg/kg is a fairly good starting point and then you can tailor the dose based on the individual.

Hence, the beauty of bulk bulbine and the reason SNS offers such ;).

/pimp

Bulbine is quite the interesting supplement. I did use it with great results in PCT and was able to dose differently because I had bulk bulbine.