Mucuna(L-Dopa)question

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
So if I take mucuna extract,it would be solely for prolactin control?

Without carbidopa,it would not get into my brain chemistry?

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So if I take mucuna extract,it would be solely for prolactin control?

Without carbidopa,it would not get into my brain chemistry?

Mucuna will still assist in testosterone production, GH production, and prolactin reduction. Dopamine also has a big role in sex drive, so you should have a heightened sex drive while on it.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
it sort of depends on what % extract you have......different extracts are used for different reasons. be nice is coop popped in this thread, he knows his **** in regards to mucana

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
GF's been using GHenerate and seems to like it

lronFist

Banned
Awards
People with macroprolactinomas, which results in prolactinemia, respond well to dopaminergic compounds because the tumor size is reduced, thereby restoring the function of the pituitary gland in its entirety - elevating LH/FSH, along with a testosterone-elevating local effect in the testicles from prolactin decrement. People with microprolactinomas (smaller tumor burden) do not respond as well to dopaminergic drugs in elevating testosterone, since there is less of a compressive effect on the ant. pituitary. Testosterone is generally not lower in this patient population. For people without compressive tumors but with prolactinemia (i.e. primary hypothyroidism), dopaminergic drugs have been shown to reduce prolactinemia without elevating LH/FSH/testosterone (it is rarely decreased anyhow).

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm alright....

But does mucuna(l-dopa) penetrate into the brain chemistry without carbidopa?

I would like to use mucuna for prolactin control but would not like to mess with my dopamine in any major way because I am very prone to depression,anxiety and also I get pretty easily addicted to dopamine raising agents(i.e. drugs)

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hmmm alright....

I would like to use mucuna for prolactin control but would not like to mess with my dopamine in any major way because I am very prone to depression,anxiety and also I get pretty easily addicted to dopamine raising agents(i.e. drugs)
check out SNS inhibit-p......has mucana among a few other things for prolactin control

taggs

Awards
Hmmm alright....

Killer
This is a question I've also been looking to get a conclusive answer for, but from a natural angle i.e. using EGCG instead of carbidopa.
However from the information I can find there are vastly conflicting views put forward from individual companies and their reps. Obviously both can't be right so drawing my own conclusion based on how a medical patient is treated when being administered prolactin lowering drugs, I'm going to use an EGCG product along side mucuna(l-dopa). It will either help inside the brain, outside the brain or won't work full stop. Can't see it doing any harm other than that to my wallet :lol5:

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
People with macroprolactinomas, which results in prolactinemia, respond well to dopaminergic compounds because the tumor size is reduced, thereby restoring the function of the pituitary gland in its entirety - elevating LH/FSH, along with a testosterone-elevating local effect in the testicles from prolactin decrement. People with microprolactinomas (smaller tumor burden) do not respond as well to dopaminergic drugs in elevating testosterone, since there is less of a compressive effect on the ant. pituitary. Testosterone is generally not lower in this patient population. For people without compressive tumors but with prolactinemia (i.e. primary hypothyroidism), dopaminergic drugs have been shown to reduce prolactinemia without elevating LH/FSH/testosterone (it is rarely decreased anyhow).
The effect on LH/T can theoretically be triggered in a non-adenoma-dependent fashion:

(1): "it is suggested that dopamine may inhibit the release of PRL from the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland, and this stimulates the hypothalamus and forebrain to secrete GnRH, which in turn may activate the anterior pituitary gland to secrete FSH and LH, causing increased synthesis of T by Leydig cells of the testis in infertile subjects (28). Moreover, LH controls steroid production by binding with the receptors on the Leydig cells, thereby inducing the synthesis of cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) from adenosine triphosphate, and increased levels of cAMP are largely responsible for the upregulation of steroidogenesis 15, 29, 30 and 31."

(1)
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0015028208039356

There is nothing in the above study to indicate that the patients had prolactinomas.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there any issue combining different % extracts of mucuna.. For example 20% and 98 percent?

ahh123

ahh123

Awards
  • Established
What about safe or recommended daily dose of Mucuna extract giving what dose of L-DOPA?

I see Dopadex recommended daily dose is 750mg of L-DOPA coming from 98% extract of Mucuna (while few other supplements recommend up to 500mg).

And how long it should be taken daily and then how long off period?

jcc80

jcc80

Awards
Hmmm alright....

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm the same way, and mucuna doesn't have any recreational value at all. Nothing addictive about it.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
The effect on LH/T can theoretically be triggered in a non-adenoma-dependent fashion:

(1): "it is suggested that dopamine may inhibit the release of PRL from the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland, and this stimulates the hypothalamus and forebrain to secrete GnRH, which in turn may activate the anterior pituitary gland to secrete FSH and LH, causing increased synthesis of T by Leydig cells of the testis in infertile subjects (28). Moreover, LH controls steroid production by binding with the receptors on the Leydig cells, thereby inducing the synthesis of cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) from adenosine triphosphate, and increased levels of cAMP are largely responsible for the upregulation of steroidogenesis 15, 29, 30 and 31."

(1)
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0015028208039356

There is nothing in the above study to indicate that the patients had prolactinomas.
So combining it with Forskolin would be a good idea to further increase steroidogenesis through?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
What about safe or recommended daily dose of Mucuna extract giving what dose of L-DOPA?

I see Dopadex recommended daily dose is 750mg of L-DOPA coming from 98% extract of Mucuna (while few other supplements recommend up to 500mg).

And how long it should be taken daily and then how long off period?
These are all loaded questions. It depends on the individual, other supplements, purpose of use, etc. But yes, cycling is a must

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
These are all loaded questions. It depends on the individual, other supplements, purpose of use, etc. But yes, cycling is a must
Do you have any thoughts on various types of cycling (1 month on, 1 month off vs 5 days on, 2 day off vs every other day, etc.).

Do you believe there are advantages on one over the others?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Do you have any thoughts on various types of cycling (1 month on, 1 month off vs 5 days on, 2 day off vs every other day, etc.).

Do you believe there are advantages on one over the others?
Really depends on the above factors again.

ahh123

ahh123

Awards
  • Established
Really depends on the above factors again.
Then let's go with specific stack of Endosurge Turbo and Erase Pro mainly for improved libido, mood & testosterone/estrogen/cortisol ratio.

Is it OK taking it for these purpose at 6 caps daily of Endosurge Turbo and Erase Pro at 1 cap 2x or 3x/week for 8 weeks then 4 weeks off?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Then let's go with specific stack of Endosurge Turbo and Erase Pro mainly for improved libido, mood & testosterone/estrogen/cortisol ratio.

Is it OK taking it for these purpose at 6 caps daily of Endosurge Turbo and Erase Pro at 1 cap 2x or 3x/week for 8 weeks then 4 weeks off?
I know that would be ok.

I know most sources on here recommend 12 weeks max... Perhaps weeks 9-12 one would switch to a 5 on/2 off schedule. And then at least 4 weeks off.