Supplements That Help You SLEEP LESS?

1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.51%

Supplements That Help You SLEEP LESS?

Currently in order to feel slightly rested I need to get between 7-10 hours of sleep a night. But even with that I wake up somewhat groggy wishing I could hit the snooze button just one more time. I'm curious to see if they're are any supplements on the market that will help me sleep for only 4-6 hours a night and feel fully rested. I've read about polyphasic sleep but realistically no ones lifestyle can handle that. What supplements:

1. Allow you to only sleep 4-6 hours a night

2. Fall asleep faster

3. Put you into a deeper sleep

4. Wake up refreshed and rested

Thanks guys

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.04%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

MassHGH had me doing 2,3, and 4. The only way to achieve 1 would be to set your alarm I work nightshift and I would usually get home around 8AM and wake up at 2PM (so 6hrs sleep) and achieved what you are describing.
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

N-pept
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.76%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Hm...Dopadex by Synthetic Supplements, that and 3g metalotnin...some ZMA and night night
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

well its normal for you to be sleeping weird right ow because of the recent time change, internal alarm clock so to speak is a litle messed up. other ways to "deepen" the sleep is:

peeing before bed.
    keeping it slightly cold, not freezing ass cold, but cold enough to where you want the blanket. (look this one up, its real)
    you can spank your monkey before bed too, thatll knock you out.
    lastly, eat something then hit the sack

no sups needed
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.11%

Meth
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.04%

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderHumper View Post
    well its normal for you to be sleeping weird right ow because of the recent time change, internal alarm clock so to speak is a litle messed up. other ways to "deepen" the sleep is:

peeing before bed.
    keeping it slightly cold, not freezing ass cold, but cold enough to where you want the blanket. (look this one up, its real)
    you can spank your monkey before bed too, thatll knock you out.
    lastly, eat something then hit the sack

no sups needed
    lol great sleep guaranteed
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.43%

Your nuts.. 4 hours. No clue what supplement is going to pull this off for you. The last time i popped a dexaprime before bed by accident because one was misplaced in my nightime pills.. i didnt sleep at all!
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.64%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Hm...Dopadex by Synthetic Supplements, that and 3g metalotnin...some ZMA and night night
    If you took 3g of melatonin you probably aren't going to be waking up 8 hours later lol.

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Your nuts.. 4 hours. No clue what supplement is going to pull this off for you. The last time i popped a dexaprime before bed by accident because one was misplaced in my nightime pills.. i didnt sleep at all!
    Is Dexaprime a newer version of Dexaprine?
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.21%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Powerfull has always helped me out here.

I get only 5-6 hours regularly and definitely notice an increase in sleep quality when using Powerfull before bed.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.78%
    Achievements Activity Pro

I don't have that many recommendations for supps but I do have advice, and I have been in your situation before.

1. never eat complex food within an hour or two before bed (burgers, tacos, lasagna, heavy complicated crap) stick to things that are easy for your body to break down. I eat eggs and a little bread before bed and take a digestive pill.

2. don't do stressful activity right before bed, I'm a Chef and I don't usually get home till about 11-12 but I don't go straight to bed I sit down and watch TV for about a half hour and take an nice hot shower to calm down, also no video games, they just get the brain working which is what you don't want.

3. Take a tbsp of honey a half hour before bed, I did it for a while and it works pretty well. don't know how it works, but it helped me fall asleep.

4. no electronics near the bed, I keep my cell on the other side of the room, behind my box fan. this helps in two ways, one you aren't tempted to surf the web while you should be trying to sleep, and two when your alarm goes off in the morning it forces you to get out of bed and use your brain a little to try and turn off your alarm. Thus it begins the wake up process.

5. drink 16 oz water before bed, keeps you hydrated so you won't wake up in the middle of the night thirsty, and after a few hours it will be through your system and you'll have to pee . Hopefully around the same time as your alarm.

6. sleep on your back with your head and upper back slightly elevated, I have acid reflux and this helps a lot. It keeps any acid from the stomach from creeping into the esophagus causing any pain and brining you out of deep sleep. I feel this is especially important for weight lifters since we eat so much, and put a lot of stress on out digestive system.

7. I agree with thunderhumper keep the room a comfortable cool, but you don't want it so cold that you don't want to get out of bed.

8. no lights on, this goes along with electronics I guess. Your eyes are very sensitive and can even detected light while shut. which is one of our biological triggers for day and to wake up.

9. white noise, like I said earlier I have a box fan in my room that I run at night. This helps to keep the room cool, and provides a steady subtle noise that drowns out any sudden noises that might wake you up like cars driving by.

10. 8 oz of coffee as soon as you get up, no more than that though, and with a meal.

These are all things that have helped me out throughout the years hopefully they help you, Without having to drop another 20-30 bucks a month on supps.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  254 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.63%

Igh-1 and GHenerate Nice deep REM sleep.
    BigMikeC----Americanmuscle.us
    Nothing I say constitutes medical advice. Please check with your medical professional before starting any diet or exercise program.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.23%

Hmm I'm a bit perplexed at a lot of your answers. You're giving him what he is asking for, but what he is asking for is not what he needs, at least in my observational opinion.

Make an appointment with your doctor. Request a sleep study. You must likely have sleep apnea (you don't have to be fat and don't have to have asthma). Or it could be other things. PTSD, hypersensitivity to sound and such, but only you would know that... after you make the appointment with your doctor, try sleeping with a fan on. White noise.

Though recent research suggests "pink noise" is what's most effective; that would be playing a rainstorm/thunderstorm audio from your cd, iphone, ipod etc. The research is that elephants need far less sleep than us, and scientists are currently studying their belief that it has to do with the noises (rainstorms for example)
  14. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasxavier View Post
    Hmm I'm a bit perplexed at a lot of your answers. You're giving him what he is asking for, but what he is asking for is not what he needs, at least in my observational opinion.

Make an appointment with your doctor. Request a sleep study. You must likely have sleep apnea (you don't have to be fat and don't have to have asthma). Or it could be other things. PTSD, hypersensitivity to sound and such, but only you would know that... after you make the appointment with your doctor, try sleeping with a fan on. White noise.

Though recent research suggests "pink noise" is what's most effective; that would be playing a rainstorm/thunderstorm audio from your cd, iphone, ipod etc. The research is that elephants need far less sleep than us, and scientists are currently studying their belief that it has to do with the noises (rainstorms for example)
    Bingo.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  15. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.51%

Interesting, I might look into the sleep study thing tho
  16. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.51%

Also what's a good melatonin dosage. Cuz 3 grams seems like a lot
  17. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

ALCAR - honestly I sleep less and mentally feel ok!
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.96%

You can only mask sleep deprivation for so long, it will catch up with you and no supplement will help if you are chronically sleep deprived. It effects you so in so many ways and is not at all desirable, you may be best following the advice of going to see a professional
  19. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.51%

What's a good sleep stack to wake up feeling more refreshed?
  20. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.51%

What can I do to get into a deep sleep?
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.93%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Luver7777 View Post
    What can I do to get into a deep sleep?
    What have you tried? How much caffeine you in take a day?
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.41%

Did you take any advice from when you originally posted this? It seems like there's something hindering you from getting into full deep sleep which could be anything from sleep apnea to something as simple as sensitivity to noise. I know for me, having a baby made it so every time I fall asleep, it's a deep sleep lol!
  23. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.51%

I usually only have one cup of coffee in the morning. I've tried the melatonin and it helps slightly with the getting to sleep part but for some reason every time I wake up I just don't feel refreshed and I'm tired throughout the day.
    I've read some material on the different brain wavelengths of sleep and I know I dream so I def go into REM sleep and I think my issue is mostly the deep sleep aspect (which is where you get the most rested sleep).
    I sleep in complete darkness, don't eat 2 hours before going to bed, tried zma as well as other supps.
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.71%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Bingo.
    Have an appointment next week to assess the need for a nasal roto-rooter job. Seldom can breath through my nose at night but when I do its like I slept for the first time in months. I almost always wake up tired.
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.19%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Not a supplement but having a baby defiantly helps you sleep less I haven't had a full nights sleep in almost 2 years thank god for stimulants
    The Swole Stoner
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.62%

Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    MassHGH had me doing 2,3, and 4. The only way to achieve 1 would be to set your alarm I work nightshift and I would usually get home around 8AM and wake up at 2PM (so 6hrs sleep) and achieved what you are describing.
    I have a bottle of that stuff sitting around. Never gave it a run when I read somewhere that a user's testicles slightly shrank. This did not make sense to me. Nevertheless, it made me not try it. They are all natural compounds, so I have no idea why there would be suppression. Sounds like you liked your run though, huh?
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.71%

ALCAR
  28. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.63%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    ALCAR
    Edit
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.62%

How would one go about taking ZMA with Abyss? I noticed there's a little zinc in the Abyss, and I'm hoping that would not be overkill on the zinc in the pre-bed supp window.
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.93%

I usually only have one cup of coffee in the morning. I've tried the melatonin and it helps slightly with the getting to sleep part but for some reason every time I wake up I just don't feel refreshed and I'm tired throughout the day.
    I've read some material on the different brain wavelengths of sleep and I know I dream so I def go into REM sleep and I think my issue is mostly the deep sleep aspect (which is where you get the most rested sleep).
    I sleep in complete darkness, don't eat 2 hours before going to bed, tried zma as well as other supps.
    Ever talk to a physician about it?
  31. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.51%

Quote Originally Posted by PrepNwa23 View Post

Ever talk to a physician about it?
    Honestly no. I would like to hit up a sleep clinic eventually
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.93%

Honestly no. I would like to hit up a sleep clinic eventually
    I'd take to your doctor see if they would recommend something then becoming dependent on supplements. Cause maybe there is something else that's underlying for you.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2011, 10:50 PM
  2. supplements that help Motivation
    By just93 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-21-2008, 06:54 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 12:54 PM
  4. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 12:41 AM
  5. Is there a supplement that helps before a long run?
    By vinnys025 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 12:38 PM