Supplements That Help You SLEEP LESS?

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Currently in order to feel slightly rested I need to get between 7-10 hours of sleep a night. But even with that I wake up somewhat groggy wishing I could hit the snooze button just one more time. I'm curious to see if they're are any supplements on the market that will help me sleep for only 4-6 hours a night and feel fully rested. I've read about polyphasic sleep but realistically no ones lifestyle can handle that. What supplements:

1. Allow you to only sleep 4-6 hours a night

2. Fall asleep faster

3. Put you into a deeper sleep

4. Wake up refreshed and rested

Thanks guys

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MassHGH had me doing 2,3, and 4. The only way to achieve 1 would be to set your alarm ;) I work nightshift and I would usually get home around 8AM and wake up at 2PM (so 6hrs sleep) and achieved what you are describing.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
N-pept

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Hm...Dopadex by Synthetic Supplements, that and 3g metalotnin...some ZMA and night night

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
well its normal for you to be sleeping weird right ow because of the recent time change, internal alarm clock so to speak is a litle messed up. other ways to "deepen" the sleep is:

peeing before bed.
keeping it slightly cold, not freezing ass cold, but cold enough to where you want the blanket. (look this one up, its real)
you can spank your monkey before bed too, thatll knock you out.
lastly, eat something then hit the sack

no sups needed

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well its normal for you to be sleeping weird right ow because of the recent time change, internal alarm clock so to speak is a litle messed up. other ways to "deepen" the sleep is:

peeing before bed.
keeping it slightly cold, not freezing ass cold, but cold enough to where you want the blanket. (look this one up, its real)
you can spank your monkey before bed too, thatll knock you out.
lastly, eat something then hit the sack

no sups needed
lol great sleep guaranteed

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your nuts.. 4 hours. No clue what supplement is going to pull this off for you. The last time i popped a dexaprime before bed by accident because one was misplaced in my nightime pills.. i didnt sleep at all! :p

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hm...Dopadex by Synthetic Supplements, that and 3g metalotnin...some ZMA and night night
If you took 3g of melatonin you probably aren't going to be waking up 8 hours later lol.

Your nuts.. 4 hours. No clue what supplement is going to pull this off for you. The last time i popped a dexaprime before bed by accident because one was misplaced in my nightime pills.. i didnt sleep at all! :p
Is Dexaprime a newer version of Dexaprine? ;)

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Powerfull has always helped me out here.

I get only 5-6 hours regularly and definitely notice an increase in sleep quality when using Powerfull before bed.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
I don't have that many recommendations for supps but I do have advice, and I have been in your situation before.

1. never eat complex food within an hour or two before bed (burgers, tacos, lasagna, heavy complicated crap) stick to things that are easy for your body to break down. I eat eggs and a little bread before bed and take a digestive pill.

2. don't do stressful activity right before bed, I'm a Chef and I don't usually get home till about 11-12 but I don't go straight to bed I sit down and watch TV for about a half hour and take an nice hot shower to calm down, also no video games, they just get the brain working which is what you don't want.

3. Take a tbsp of honey a half hour before bed, I did it for a while and it works pretty well. don't know how it works, but it helped me fall asleep.

4. no electronics near the bed, I keep my cell on the other side of the room, behind my box fan. this helps in two ways, one you aren't tempted to surf the web while you should be trying to sleep, and two when your alarm goes off in the morning it forces you to get out of bed and use your brain a little to try and turn off your alarm. Thus it begins the wake up process.

5. drink 16 oz water before bed, keeps you hydrated so you won't wake up in the middle of the night thirsty, and after a few hours it will be through your system and you'll have to pee . Hopefully around the same time as your alarm.

6. sleep on your back with your head and upper back slightly elevated, I have acid reflux and this helps a lot. It keeps any acid from the stomach from creeping into the esophagus causing any pain and brining you out of deep sleep. I feel this is especially important for weight lifters since we eat so much, and put a lot of stress on out digestive system.

7. I agree with thunderhumper keep the room a comfortable cool, but you don't want it so cold that you don't want to get out of bed.

8. no lights on, this goes along with electronics I guess. Your eyes are very sensitive and can even detected light while shut. which is one of our biological triggers for day and to wake up.

9. white noise, like I said earlier I have a box fan in my room that I run at night. This helps to keep the room cool, and provides a steady subtle noise that drowns out any sudden noises that might wake you up like cars driving by.

10. 8 oz of coffee as soon as you get up, no more than that though, and with a meal.

These are all things that have helped me out throughout the years hopefully they help you, Without having to drop another 20-30 bucks a month on supps.

BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Awards
Igh-1 and GHenerate ;) Nice deep REM sleep.

Thomasxavier

Awards
Hmm I'm a bit perplexed at a lot of your answers. You're giving him what he is asking for, but what he is asking for is not what he needs, at least in my observational opinion.

Make an appointment with your doctor. Request a sleep study. You must likely have sleep apnea (you don't have to be fat and don't have to have asthma). Or it could be other things. PTSD, hypersensitivity to sound and such, but only you would know that... after you make the appointment with your doctor, try sleeping with a fan on. White noise.

Though recent research suggests "pink noise" is what's most effective; that would be playing a rainstorm/thunderstorm audio from your cd, iphone, ipod etc. The research is that elephants need far less sleep than us, and scientists are currently studying their belief that it has to do with the noises (rainstorms for example)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Hmm I'm a bit perplexed at a lot of your answers. You're giving him what he is asking for, but what he is asking for is not what he needs, at least in my observational opinion.

Make an appointment with your doctor. Request a sleep study. You must likely have sleep apnea (you don't have to be fat and don't have to have asthma). Or it could be other things. PTSD, hypersensitivity to sound and such, but only you would know that... after you make the appointment with your doctor, try sleeping with a fan on. White noise.

Though recent research suggests "pink noise" is what's most effective; that would be playing a rainstorm/thunderstorm audio from your cd, iphone, ipod etc. The research is that elephants need far less sleep than us, and scientists are currently studying their belief that it has to do with the noises (rainstorms for example)
Bingo.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting, I might look into the sleep study thing tho

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also what's a good melatonin dosage. Cuz 3 grams seems like a lot

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ALCAR - honestly I sleep less and mentally feel ok!

Steve_W

Awards
You can only mask sleep deprivation for so long, it will catch up with you and no supplement will help if you are chronically sleep deprived. It effects you so in so many ways and is not at all desirable, you may be best following the advice of going to see a professional

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's a good sleep stack to wake up feeling more refreshed?

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What can I do to get into a deep sleep?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you take any advice from when you originally posted this? It seems like there's something hindering you from getting into full deep sleep which could be anything from sleep apnea to something as simple as sensitivity to noise. I know for me, having a baby made it so every time I fall asleep, it's a deep sleep lol!

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I usually only have one cup of coffee in the morning. I've tried the melatonin and it helps slightly with the getting to sleep part but for some reason every time I wake up I just don't feel refreshed and I'm tired throughout the day.
I've read some material on the different brain wavelengths of sleep and I know I dream so I def go into REM sleep and I think my issue is mostly the deep sleep aspect (which is where you get the most rested sleep).
I sleep in complete darkness, don't eat 2 hours before going to bed, tried zma as well as other supps.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Have an appointment next week to assess the need for a nasal roto-rooter job. Seldom can breath through my nose at night but when I do its like I slept for the first time in months. I almost always wake up tired.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
Not a supplement but having a baby defiantly helps you sleep less I haven't had a full nights sleep in almost 2 years thank god for stimulants

rockme

rockme

Awards
MassHGH had me doing 2,3, and 4. The only way to achieve 1 would be to set your alarm ;) I work nightshift and I would usually get home around 8AM and wake up at 2PM (so 6hrs sleep) and achieved what you are describing.
I have a bottle of that stuff sitting around. Never gave it a run when I read somewhere that a user's testicles slightly shrank. This did not make sense to me. Nevertheless, it made me not try it. They are all natural compounds, so I have no idea why there would be suppression. Sounds like you liked your run though, huh?

rockme

rockme

Awards
How would one go about taking ZMA with Abyss? I noticed there's a little zinc in the Abyss, and I'm hoping that would not be overkill on the zinc in the pre-bed supp window.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I usually only have one cup of coffee in the morning. I've tried the melatonin and it helps slightly with the getting to sleep part but for some reason every time I wake up I just don't feel refreshed and I'm tired throughout the day.
I've read some material on the different brain wavelengths of sleep and I know I dream so I def go into REM sleep and I think my issue is mostly the deep sleep aspect (which is where you get the most rested sleep).
I sleep in complete darkness, don't eat 2 hours before going to bed, tried zma as well as other supps.
Ever talk to a physician about it?

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly no. I would like to hit up a sleep clinic eventually
I'd take to your doctor see if they would recommend something then becoming dependent on supplements. Cause maybe there is something else that's underlying for you.