Creatine and BCAAs before workout

PrimiFit

Awards
I'm doing IF now and I'm wondering if it's worth taking creatine before my workout if I take only my BCAA's with them? Does the creatine get into my muscles like that or is it a waste of creatine?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya that is fine. Timing of creatine intake isn't crucial and taking it pre-workout fasted is still beneficial.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Creatine is non-time dependent, just take 3g a day and you will be fine. If you are doing IF I would still suggest keeping BCAAs out of the workout, pre or post...fine , but not intra. Take them leading up to your fast breaking meal.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I really like Creatine pre or post but have no real reason why. It really doesn't matter on the timing.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Creatine is non-time dependent, just take 3g a day and you will be fine. If you are doing IF I would still suggest keeping BCAAs out of the workout, pre or post...fine , but not intra. Take them leading up to your fast breaking meal.

i always take bcaa's during my workout. I have always understood it to be a positive thing, what is the reason not to ?

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
OP no reason not to. I take mine pre, post, before cardio just making sure to get it in your system is the goal.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IVe found no difference in my workouts with taking creatine before or after, creatine works on muscle saturation. Once they are saturated you just need to keep dosing it at 3 g a day. And yah why no BCAAs pre workout/intra workout, ive always found it to never hurt.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
i always take bcaa's during my workout. I have always understood it to be a positive thing, what is the reason not to ?
IVe found no difference in my workouts with taking creatine before or after, creatine works on muscle saturation. Once they are saturated you just need to keep dosing it at 3 g a day. And yah why no BCAAs pre workout/intra workout, ive always found it to never hurt.
Way better ways to take them, you can search my old posts about it or mr.cooper69's posts too.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
creatine research has come so far, who remembers all the loading, unloading, grape juice, pre post saturation mania that was the late 90's early 2000's

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
creatine research has come so far, who remembers all the loading, unloading, grape juice, pre post saturation mania that was the late 90's early 2000's
I do! Except I took mine with apple juice ;) I had to hide taking it from my friends and wrestling coaches lol.

Creatine is an amazing supplement for all that it does and should be a staple in my personal opinion. I just go mono (no boating problems) any time of the day usually in the morning. It is one of the most researched, proven effective and safe for a reason.

What kind of creatine and aminos are you using?

- Valdez

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I do! Except I took mine with apple juice ;) I had to hide taking it from my friends and wrestling coaches lol.

Creatine is an amazing supplement for all that it does and should be a staple in my personal opinion.
I agree. I like Mono & MCC the best. I don't notice any bloat so I use Mono most of the time.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really like Creatine pre or post but have no real reason why. It really doesn't matter on the timing.
This is how I take my creatine also. No reason here either just seems to be easier to remember this way, plus I don't get bloated from mono. I still want to try MCC though.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is how I take my creatine also. No reason here either just seems to be easier to remember this way, plus I don't get bloated from mono. I still want to try MCC though.
MCC seems to be the go to choice for those that bloat with mono. SNS has both creatine mono and MCC.

Do me a favor though - after you try MCC will you let me know differences between that and mono?

- Valdez

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MCC seems to be the go to choice for those that bloat with mono. SNS has both creatine mono and MCC.

Do me a favor though - after you try MCC will you let me know differences between that and mono?

- Valdez
Ya when I do try MCC will be getting SNS of course.

And ya ill put up a review or something and let you know. I'm kind of curious to see what differences Ill notice.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya when I do try MCC will be getting SNS of course.

And ya ill put up a review or something and let you know. I'm kind of curious to see what differences Ill notice.
As am I, I've always been a mono guy. I appreciate it man.

- Valdez