Supps to get rid of hormonal acne

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
I'm 21 years old, been bodybuilding for a little over a year. I never had much acne as a teen, but them last spring I decided to start taking testosterone boosters/anti estrogens....biggest mistake I ever made. Within 3 weeks the acne hit me and within 2 months it was just awful. After stopping it, it took about 2 months for the acne to begin subsiding. Now, 6 months later, I still have acne!! I have tried everything! Sulfer, resorcinol, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, scrubs, clay masks, malicious acid, etc. Some products help, but none seem to he able to cure it. I'm literally about to give up!! Are there any supplements at all that will cure my acne?? Thanks! I was considering a hormone balancer like Blue Gene, but I honestly hae no idea what that will do.....help me guys!!! I'm desperate!!!

Steve_W

Awards
Try calcium d glucarate 500mg 2x a day - seems to have helped for me. Helps detoxify the liver and excrete excess estrogens.

Do you take any zinc? Also B5 reportedly helps though I have had limited success with it myself.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
I was taking zinc, now I take it less often... maybe I should start taking it everyday again. Ill try the calcium though

Steve_W

Awards
Take 50mg Zinc Picolinate at night. NOW brand is good. Give the calcium d glucarate a shot and see if that helps also. Could also try 500mg-1000g of B5 a day (is cheap). Alot of guys recommend using megadoses of like 10g, but I can't see that being particularly healthy. Also niacinamide 500mg-1000mg is reported to help. All of these vitamins are cheap so worth a shot, the calcium d is a little more expensive, but not too bad, I'm using thorne brand at the moment but any reputable brand will be fine - hopefully you'll notice some improvement. I have the same problem - my skin broke out BAD after using DAA and have had acne problems for years on and off but at the moment my is looking better than it is in a while.

Also pay attention to how you shave, shaving against the grain can cause ingrown hairs, especially if you have sensitive skin which can look like acne.

Final thing to consider is to not use any cosmetic products that contain parabens or methylparabens - these are xenoestrogens - try and use natural cleansing products.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely check out SNS Inhibit-P. In a large clinical trial Vitex was shown to reduce acne.

I push it in the Anabolics section and the guys there who have used it simply love it. I have used Inhibit-P since it's come out and i've tested the effects on acne with a variety of compounds and i can say without a doubt it does work. The clinical backing is there, and the anecdotal is too. Best part is you get a libido boost and prolactin control as well. Not to mention the price is very affordable.

Red9

Red9

Awards
Definitely check out SNS Inhibit-P. In a large clinical trial Vitex was shown to reduce acne.

I push it in the Anabolics section and the guys there who have used it simply love it. I have used Inhibit-P since it's come out and i've tested the effects on acne with a variety of compounds and i can say without a doubt it does work. The clinical backing is there, and the anecdotal is too. Best part is you get a libido boost and prolactin control as well. Not to mention the price is very affordable.
I'll have to remember this. Definitely noted.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I may have to give this a shot. I know anytime I control both prolactin and estrogen, my acne severity becomes markedly reduced.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
The SNS Inhibit-P sounds really good! Now, if I were to take this, would I be able to resume use of test boosters or prohormones without a problem??

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
5000 mgs of pantonthenic acid (B5)

Nizoral shampoo 1% or 2% lather it on let it sit for a min, wash.

if that doesnt work i feel bad for you

Steve_W

Awards
5000 mgs of pantonthenic acid (B5)

Nizoral shampoo 1% or 2% lather it on let it sit for a min, wash.

if that doesnt work i feel bad for you
Actually I forgot about something else that works well, Selsun blue shampoo, has selenium something or other in it, really helps...

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Acne is one of those things that have to be fought on many fronts. For one Kevin was right, estrogen and prolactin spikes have a direct effect on it, however people can break out due to stress or LH spikes too. Hygiene is another key factor too...I have never had acne myself in my life, yet that is because it is also highly genetically related too :/. IMO if you are acne prone having all bases covered helps, some good mood support or noots to avoid stress, Prolactin control as the above mentioned (Inhibit-p) , some AI might help (not to my utmost knowledge...yet anecdotal tales from users here say different) and well cleanliness haha, the SPP branch of flawless skin couture has many skin related products that might help exfoliate and keep a healthier dermis.

chimeranD

Awards
-Lay off harsh skin products, FSC has a good line of skincare products that tend to help.
-Start including better foods in your diet
-A moderate dose of B-5 and a Carnatine salt helps a lot, both can be bought in bulk and are quite cheap.
-Vitamin A in higher doses acts like a low dose of accutane. Enough to nearly eliminate acne if you stay on it. The downside here is that it carries the side effects of accutane and can be hard on your liver so I'd say use it cautiously and with good liver support.

I can't say I've tried Inhibit-P as of yet, as including more fruits and veggies along with short amounts of tanning 2x a week keeps me fairly clear but I'll pick some up when I have more money to spend.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Black lion research has a product called Acnedren!i wanted to try it myself I've heard it helps pretty good.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The SNS Inhibit-P sounds really good! Now, if I were to take this, would I be able to resume use of test boosters or prohormones without a problem??
Of course, Inhibit-p works well with orals or injectibles or natural hormone boosters like DAA. DAA increases LH which will typically increase acne.

chimeranD

Awards
Black lion research has a product called Acnedren!i wanted to try it myself I've heard it helps pretty good.
Which is essentially Carnitine and B-5. Buy both in bulk for much larger quantities for the same price, and enjoy good results without the high price for just a months supply.

00S4Boy

Awards
Based on this comment I think you need to do some more research before starting back up on anything.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
I have a good diet, plenty of omega 3s, plenty of protein, a few veggies, lots of whole grains, multi.. ..all that good stuff. I think I'm gonna go with the Inhibit P. And the product that I wanted to try once I got my accne under control is Blue Gene....anyone heard anything good about it?? Bad?? Thanks!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
It's tough to say since acne is such a complex beast, but Vitex has one very legit clinical trial on its ability to control acne (we're talking 100+ subjects rather than your typical n=6-12 supplement study).

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Cystic acne in particular, is a very tough beast to tame. Ive had it from the time I was 12 till now, though its mostly gone. I have used Vitamin A at 40,000 iu's per day and it did decrease the number and severity of cysts quite well. I was also on Accutane as a teen and though it worked better than Vit A, the depression related sides were awful and not worth it at all IMO (of course, back then they didn't even acknowledge that side effect). Vitamin B5 at 10 g per day took about 2 months to start working and it did improve skin quality a little, but its about the least convenient treatment option out there.I had pretty good success with Guggulsterones...back when it was a fad for weight loss on this board. Didn't lose any weight, but my skin looked great.None of the topical treatments are worth a damn, IMO, unless you have very very mild acne..a few "pimples".Sunshine is also your friend. If its cystic acne, you want to get the skin growth rate to slow and stop growing over the follicles. Moderate sun exposure can help in this regard and the added Vitamin D can help balance your hormones further.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Speaking of acne, I have a pimple in the interior of my nostril. This has to be the most annoying thing ever. I'd rather have a cyst on the region of my buttocks that makes contact with chairs.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
I hate those. they hurt so bad, and yet i want to pop them so bad! haha

chimeranD

Awards
Speaking of acne, I have a pimple in the interior of my nostril. This has to be the most annoying thing ever. I'd rather have a cyst on the region of my buttocks that makes contact with chairs.
Tea Tree oil on a q-tip works great both of those.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Aww jeez! Those nose ones are horrible! And the buttcheak ones are the worst!!

xhrr

Awards
The study of Vitex looks promising but does anyone have real world exp. with Inhibit-P and a clearer complexion? I don't have cystic acne or anything but I am usually good for a few pimples and something to help that would be awesome along with the other benefits as well.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Tea Tree never did sh*t for me. I just bought the SNS Inhibit-P. Hoping for the best!

chimeranD

Awards
Tea Tree never did sh*t for me. I just bought the SNS Inhibit-P. Hoping for the best!
Hopefully that does it for you. TTO is great when it's the good stuff and used right, too bad it didn't work for you.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Now, I know this Supp has L Dopa in it, is the amount it contains enough to hurt you? Also I take Tyrosine and GABA, should I stop taking those if I'm going to be taking L Dopa??

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Now, I know this Supp has L Dopa in it, is the amount it contains enough to hurt you? Also I take Tyrosine and GABA, should I stop taking those if I'm going to be taking L Dopa??
No, the dose of l-dopa is mild since the rest of the mucuna extract + vitex has dopaminergic activity. You are fine.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm hearing too much estrogen and prolactin causes acne. I'd always thought it was the DHT that caused it. Am I wrong here?

chimeranD

Awards
I'm hearing too much estrogen and prolactin causes acne. I'd always thought it was the DHT that caused it. Am I wrong here?
DHT is supposed to control sebum release, I'm not sure how much those two tie in with DHT but they may still play an important role in hormonal acne.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I have tried everything! Sulfer, resorcinol, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, scrubs, clay masks, malicious acid, etc.
acid with a devious streak eh? :D

so - i am curious as to how your inhibit-P is working for this case of acne you speak of.
any updates?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I would do a low dose of an AI. I would use something like Resveratrol or 6-oxo. Something like Blue Gene would work also, because it regulates estrogen, instead of crushing it. A high dose AI may help acne, but would give you other issues such as sore joints.

If you think the acne is due to something like a hormonal imbalance, a good thing would be to ask yourself, why hasn't your body returned to homeostasis? Crushing estrogen with an AI would be fixing the problem only temporarily. That's why I suggest a low dose.

My ultimate goal would be to have blood work done and see what, if any, hormonal imbalance is present. Then research your best 'fix', if it's supplemental.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
acid with a devious streak eh? :D

so - i am curious as to how your inhibit-P is working for this case of acne you speak of.
any updates?
Haha, I meant malic acid (Autocorrect). The inhibit P is definitely helping, maybe not curing it completely, but helping a great deal. I'm also uncontrollably horny as f*** on it. Can you suggest any good sites for hookups lol? My friends have been using POF or craigslist with success.

00S4Boy

Awards
Haha, I meant malic acid (Autocorrect). The inhibit P is definitely helping, maybe not curing it completely, but helping a great deal. I'm also uncontrollably horny as f*** on it. Can you suggest any good sites for hookups lol? My friends have been using POF or craigslist with success.
If you inside the 128 belt just go to a bar, tons of easy lays. If you up by worcester your on your own.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
If you inside the 128 belt just go to a bar, tons of easy lays. If you up by worcester your on your own.
I don't drink though

TxHomeGrown

Awards
Is the acne specifically on your face? If you've tried OTC solutions and they haven't worked you may have to see a dermatologist.

I finished a Test/Deca cycle in early September and thought I had hormonal cystic acne on my shoulders/back. I finally went to a dermatologist in early December after it had become painful as all hell and it turns out I had a severe staph infection on my back and covering my shoulders.

I've had acne my entire life and benzoyl peroxide face wash + 10% benzoyl gel twice a day and tanning has always cleared it, even the occasional cystic ones on my face. If these aren't working then do yourself a favor and see a dermatologist. The problem could be worse than you think, and if it isn't they can give you cheap antibiotics that will, on top of a normal face washing schedule, clear it up pretty well. I'm on Bactrim for my staph infection and my face has never been clearer.

GL bruh

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Get w/ a dermatologist. Tetracycaline, retin-a-micro, and a benzoyl peroxide wash will fix it all.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lmao!!! Remember Inhibit-P does NOT stand for inhibit pregnancy. Don't be a fool wrap your tool ;)

- Valdez

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Get w/ a dermatologist. Tetracycaline, retin-a-micro, and a benzoyl peroxide wash will fix it all.
Did you just say get with the Dermatologist?? What if it's a guy or an old chick??? We could have an issue there. :p

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Lmao!!! Remember Inhibit-P does NOT stand for inhibit pregnancy. Don't be a fool wrap your tool ;)

- Valdez
What I can find a chick on birth control?? A lot of nice looking cougars out there that don't want anymore kids :-D

LiquidCol

Awards
for your hormonal acne

I'm literally about to give up!!
I drink Jusuru with Liquid Collagen & huge doses of Resveratrol. Resveratrol acts as a phytoestrogen--as a holistic breast cancer survivor, I know this. Moreover, a daily dose of Jusuru, has as much Resveratrol as 8 bottles of red wine.In addition, the BioCell Collagen Liquid is the most absorbable & is excellent for skin & scar tissue related to acne. Let me know if I can help ~ LC

chimeranD

Awards
I drink Jusuru with Liquid Collagen & huge doses of Resveratrol. Resveratrol acts as a phytoestrogen--as a holistic breast cancer survivor, I know this. Moreover, a daily dose of Jusuru, has as much Resveratrol as 8 bottles of red wine.In addition, the BioCell Collagen Liquid is the most absorbable & is excellent for skin & scar tissue related to acne. Let me know if I can help ~ LC
A guy named LiquidCol advertising liquid collagen? One of the first results for the product is a website listing it as a scam...

LiquidCol

Awards
oops

A guy named LiquidCol advertising liquid collagen? One of the first results for the product is a website listing it as a scam...
Oops, is this forum just for men? If so, I am a woman & here by error.

Yes, there is a fellow online listing top MLM companies as a scam--he sells leads. But BioCell Collagen is very much on the up & up. And I am just giving the guy acne advice ~

chimeranD

Awards
Oops, is this forum just for men? If so, I am a woman & here by error.

Yes, there is a fellow online listing top MLM companies as a scam--he sells leads. But BioCell Collagen is very much on the up & up. And I am just giving the guy acne advice ~
The fact is your name is the same thing as the product you advertise, are you affiliated?

LiquidCol

Awards
The fact is your name is the same thing as the product you advertise, are you affiliated?
I am an independent rep. My name is Colleen ~ LiquidCollagen.co is my domain which points to my information page.