COMPANIES LEAVE OUT THE!!!! & INNOVATE

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Banned
    thills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    64.04%

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    with sufficient veracity
    Well heck I will just hang my hat on that there

  2. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by thills View Post
    Well heck I will just hang my hat on that there
    In the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary of your position, I would suggest it.

    If your entire approach to a topic hinges on an agency not finding a study to be complete nonsense, then a reorientation might be in order.
  3. PreciseNstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    55%

    Quote Originally Posted by thills View Post
    The Ramazzini study was reported in the November 2005 issue of "Environmental Health Perspectives," the peer-reviewed journal of th United States' National institute of Environmental Health Sciences.

    "Our study has shown that aspartame is a mulipotential carcinogenic compound whose carcinogenic effects are also evident at a daily dose of 20 milligrams per kilogram of body weight (mg/kg), notably less than the current acceptable daily intake for humans."

    Aspartame has been banned in the Philippines due to its awful effects and banned in chidren's foods in others.

    Government members from countries have called for it's ban. One being Member of Parliament Roger Williams cited, "compelling and reliable evidence for this carcinogenic substance to to be banned from the UK food and drinks market altogether."

    As for the FDA Hull was installed a sixth member on the commission, and the vote became deadlocked. He then personally broke the tie in aspartame's favor.

    Hull later left the FDA under allegations of impropriety, then took a position with Burston-Marsteller, the chief public relations firm for Searle and for Monsanto, which purchased Searle in 1985.
    I happen to care a little more about my hats Sir.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    In the face of overwhelming evidence
    You have to be kidding me
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057412
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.06%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by PreciseNstuff View Post
    I happen to care a little more about my hats Sir.



    You have to be kidding me
    Hey hey hey... let's keep this ad hominem... none of this science stuff you are providing.
    The Historic PES Legend
  5. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by PreciseNstuff

    I happen to care a little more about my hats Sir.

    You have to be kidding me
    No. If you take issue with the data I have presented, I would be interesting to know how and why it is deficient.
  6. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,567
    Rep Power
    6728225
    Level
    101
    Lv. Percent
    35.07%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    No. If you take issue with the data I have presented, I would be interesting to know how and why it is deficient.

    Don't hate the playa, hate the game!
  7. Senior Member
    mattikus's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,592
    Rep Power
    335532
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    38.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I find this thread highly entertaining. Didn't Sweet n low have a disclaimer on its packaging once? (maybe it still does, Idk).
    But hey, I've used sweet n low. I've used splenda, and sugar, stevia, agave, sweet serum. I have no doubt every single one of 'em is bad for some be it allergies, insulin response, reactions, interactions or whatever the hell. Does that mean we should ban it altogether? If consumers wish to educate themselves, then they can. I remember first hearing of the "dangers" of sweeteners a while back and researched all of them. Saw no reason to call any of them the devil. If ya just don't like one, pick another. This is 'Merica! F yeah! Ya got a choice.

    Sorry, my 2 cents. Please continue the entertainment.

    Also have to agree with bioman, aspartame tastes like ish.
  8. Banned
    thills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    64.04%

    Quote Originally Posted by mattikus View Post
    I find this thread highly entertaining. Didn't Sweet n low have a disclaimer on its packaging once? (maybe it still does, Idk).
    But hey, I've used sweet n low. I've used splenda, and sugar, stevia, agave, sweet serum. I have no doubt every single one of 'em is bad for some be it allergies, insulin response, reactions, interactions or whatever the hell. Does that mean we should ban it altogether? If consumers wish to educate themselves, then they can. I remember first hearing of the "dangers" of sweeteners a while back and researched all of them. Saw no reason to call any of them the devil. If ya just don't like one, pick another. This is 'Merica! F yeah! Ya got a choice.

    Sorry, my 2 cents. Please continue the entertainment.

    Also have to agree with bioman, aspartame tastes like ish.
    Thanks for your post. My point in creating the thread was to point out that 90% of the companies selling "sports nutrition" supplements are not making options for those who wish to go with natural sweeteners, they will be the way of the future.
    For those that keep on about the FDA this and the fda that, well yeah it was a deadlock that was broken by just one vote, and some of those on this site claim this makes it correct. Obamacare was decided by just one vote so this makes it correct, and all Americans should agree?
    What has happened to Merica.
  9. Advanced Member
    chris223's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    597
    Rep Power
    64754
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    15.25%

    Quote Originally Posted by thills

    Thanks for your post. My point in creating the thread was to point out that 90% of the companies selling "sports nutrition" supplements are not making options for those who wish to go with natural sweeteners, they will be the way of the future.
    For those that keep on about the FDA this and the fda that, well yeah it was a deadlock that was broken by just one vote, and some of those on this site claim this makes it correct. Obamacare was decided by just one vote so this makes it correct, and all Americans should agree?
    What has happened to Merica.
    Horrible analogy that demonstrates a clear misunderstanding of your reference and maybe your worst attempt yet at backing up your argument against artificial sweeteners.
  10. New Member
    scherbs's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    284
    Rep Power
    58853
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    85.66%

    Quote Originally Posted by thills

    For those that keep on about the FDA this and the fda that, well yeah it was a deadlock that was broken by just one vote, and some of those on this site claim this makes it correct. Obamacare was decided by just one vote so this makes it correct, and all Americans should agree?
    What has happened to Merica.
    So, just to be clear: what are you objecting to-democracy, majoritarianism, or just any decision that does not agree with your personal tastes?
    If "90%" of supplement companies are making products with sweeteners you find (unscientifically) scary, maybe that is because you are in the minority & most consumers prefer lower calorie sweetened foods.
  11. Senior Member
    machorox123's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,486
    Rep Power
    141407
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    56.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by thills View Post
    Thanks for your post. My point in creating the thread was to point out that 90% of the companies selling "sports nutrition" supplements are not making options for those who wish to go with natural sweeteners, they will be the way of the future.
    For those that keep on about the FDA this and the fda that, well yeah it was a deadlock that was broken by just one vote, and some of those on this site claim this makes it correct. Obamacare was decided by just one vote so this makes it correct, and all Americans should agree?
    What has happened to Merica.
    i give up..i thought i was thickheaded
  12. Banned
    thills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    64.04%

    Quote Originally Posted by scherbs View Post
    So, just to be clear: what are you objecting to-democracy, majoritarianism, or just any decision that does not agree with your personal tastes?
    If "90%" of supplement companies are making products with sweeteners...
    I did not say "supplement companies"...go in any real health food store "not G..N..C or the like" and 99% of the powdered formulas, from sports nutrition to antioxidant formulations are made with natural sweeteners. I said 90% of "sports nutrition" companies, as in those that sell on a site such as NutraPlanet, which by the way I happen to like and do buy from albeit produts with no additives.
    As for low calorie sweeteners there are many natural to choose from so, "that dog don't hunt". If it would be cheaper for the companies to ad no sweetener at all that would be fine, but then again I am one of those that can drink straight Cissus powder and not bat an eye.
  13. New Member
    scherbs's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    284
    Rep Power
    58853
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    85.66%

    Quote Originally Posted by thills

    I did not say "supplement companies"...go in any real health food store "not G..N..C or the like" and 99% of the powdered formulas, from sports nutrition to antioxidant formulations are made with natural sweeteners. I said 90% of "sports nutrition" companies, as in those that sell on a site such as NutraPlanet, which by the way I happen to like and do buy from albeit produts with no additives.
    As for low calorie sweeteners there are many natural to choose from so, "that dog don't hunt". If it would be cheaper for the companies to ad no sweetener at all that would be fine, but then again I am one of those that can drink straight Cissus powder and not bat an eye.
    Oh "sports nutrition", not supplement companies-your argument is no longer dripping with illogic!
    You do realize that "real health food stores" are able to sell highly specialized products at a marked up price b/c they have a very narrowly defined market- unlike the broader one served by NP

    ---oh: and cissus can cause headaches & diarrhea. Wasn't that your major complaint vs artificial sweeteners?
  14. Banned
    thills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    64.04%

    Quote Originally Posted by scherbs View Post

    ---oh: and cissus can cause headaches & diarrhea. Wasn't that your major complaint vs artificial sweeteners?
    No.
  15. Enhanced Body Formulations
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,819
    Rep Power
    1758510
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    68.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    I poop blue aliens from the blue raspberry dark rage

    Like the color leeks from my poop. I thought I was dying. Then I realized it was just my pre workout

    I agree with the notion to rid of food dyes and artificial ****
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  16. New Member
    Lutztenways's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    146
    Rep Power
    88642
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    87.91%

    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    I poop blue aliens from the blue raspberry dark rage

    Like the color leeks from my poop. I thought I was dying. Then I realized it was just my pre workout

    I agree with the notion to rid of food dyes and artificial ****
    Second this... artificial sweetener is fine, but stop with the heavy coloring. I don't care if my drink without artificial coloring will be the light brown color of dirty river water or the faint green-grey of stagnant pond water; I'm a big boy, I'm aware of the ingredient profile and fully aware that I'm not drinking contaminated sewage. Do you think the adults drinking your various preworkouts and nootropic blends are children who need to be further coaxed by the comforting sight of atomic blue, neon green or bright crimson?

    Please cut the coloring, I don't like pooping red or blue or green and seeing this stuff seep out of my excrement, I don't really care if it's healthy or how many studies you can link proving the safety of artificial colors, I don't like the user experience. Kudos to the many vendors that have already taken steps to meet my needs and the needs of individuals that feel similarly.
  17. Elite Member
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    5425017
    Level
    85
    Lv. Percent
    39.61%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutztenways View Post
    Second this... artificial sweetener is fine, but stop with the heavy coloring. I don't care if my drink without artificial coloring will be the light brown color of dirty river water or the faint green-grey of stagnant pond water; I'm a big boy, I'm aware of the ingredient profile and fully aware that I'm not drinking contaminated sewage. Do you think the adults drinking your various preworkouts and nootropic blends are children who need to be further coaxed by the comforting sight of atomic blue, neon green or bright crimson?

    Please cut the coloring, I don't like pooping red or blue or green and seeing this stuff seep out of my excrement, I don't really care if it's healthy or how many studies you can link proving the safety of artificial colors, I don't like the user experience. Kudos to the many vendors that have already taken steps to meet my needs and the needs of individuals that feel similarly.
    You eat/drink with your eyes as well. If the food/drink is not visually appealing, many people will not eat it/drink it. In all actuality, eating/drinking is usualy done with all the senses so the ability to cater for all senses will make the product overall more enjoyable.
  18. New Member
    Lutztenways's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    146
    Rep Power
    88642
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    87.91%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    You eat/drink with your eyes as well. If the food/drink is not visually appealing, many people will not eat it/drink it. In all actuality, eating/drinking is usualy done with all the senses so the ability to cater for all senses will make the product overall more enjoyable.
    Companies aren't giving consumers enough credit in this regard. For example, I opened my new tub of Raspberry Lemonade Alphamine today and it just adds a hazy off-white touch to the 16 oz of water I have it in here on my desk. I eat with my eyes, and my informed brain that is receiving signals from my eyes is really liking this....I think my ears are even getting in on the action, they love the stark silence of Alphamine suspended in the watery mixture. The touch of the drink when it hits my lips, the feel of the tub, the tiny little scooper. Ahhhhh, feels good man.

    Anyway, the last Alphamine I had was fruit punch and it was a light pink color where most companies would have opted for a deep nasty red that leaves you looking like a little kid that just polished off a couple popsicles. I've got meetings to go to and presentations to give, so thanks PES for keeping it real. I think my Watermelon Hemavol is a similar acceptable color. I love both of these products, and there are whole heaps of people echoing that affection right here on this very discussion forum.

    These are products for adults, dipping into the Fruit by the Foot color stock isn't a value added experience for the target audience. With a little tweak, Raspberry Lemonade Alphamine could resemble a sauvignon blanc, push a little further and you've got what could appear to be a quality scotch. Honey, which you'll find in a whole spectrum of colors, seems to illicit a natural hunger response. Apple juice, pineapple juice, pink grapefruit juice, white zinfandel, you get the idea. For the toys-r-us kids that don't want to grow up, how about something inspired by White Mystery Airheads? You might be right that stagnant pond water coloring may not have a natural appeal, but we could learn to enjoy it just like we most certainly did with "toxic waste" bright green.
  19. New Member
    Hokutoshura's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    42
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    6.25%

    If I can shoot a mix of Cissus and Berberine, I obviously do not care what my product looks or tastes like. I just like that it works.
  20. Senior Member
    GuyverX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Power
    1779
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    48.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I've read studies for and against quite a few compounds.
    However unlike many guys on this board I am not educated nor do I work in the chemical field so I am not witness to any firsthand knowledge as to how most of them work in certain ways in tests.

    Short of actually doing the experiments myself all I can do is research as much as possible, see what has the most positive reports and reviews, and hope I have no allergies or adverse effects. (The former docs can test for).

    Comes down to what works for the person.
    Some people have smoked for years and have little or no lung issues.
    And people who have lived with them have lung cancer from the second hand smoke.
    Different body chemistry and genetic markers.
    Which also may play a part in the effects of reasonably safe compounds on individuals.
    "I don't want anything. I don't want anybody. That's the worst part. When the want goes, that's bad."
    (Doug Stanhope as Eddie on Louie)
  21. New Member
    pushinweightw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    416
    Rep Power
    19177
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    55.33%

    I prefer things to be as simple as possible so I too would like colors at the least kept to a minimum. I also encourage the search for alternative sweeteners based on sound science. I personally have no issues with any of the artificial ones so about my business I go.


  22. Elite Member
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    5425017
    Level
    85
    Lv. Percent
    39.61%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutztenways View Post
    Companies aren't giving consumers enough credit in this regard. For example, I opened my new tub of Raspberry Lemonade Alphamine today and it just adds a hazy off-white touch to the 16 oz of water I have it in here on my desk. I eat with my eyes, and my informed brain that is receiving signals from my eyes is really liking this....I think my ears are even getting in on the action, they love the stark silence of Alphamine suspended in the watery mixture. The touch of the drink when it hits my lips, the feel of the tub, the tiny little scooper. Ahhhhh, feels good man.

    Anyway, the last Alphamine I had was fruit punch and it was a light pink color where most companies would have opted for a deep nasty red that leaves you looking like a little kid that just polished off a couple popsicles. I've got meetings to go to and presentations to give, so thanks PES for keeping it real. I think my Watermelon Hemavol is a similar acceptable color. I love both of these products, and there are whole heaps of people echoing that affection right here on this very discussion forum.

    These are products for adults, dipping into the Fruit by the Foot color stock isn't a value added experience for the target audience. With a little tweak, Raspberry Lemonade Alphamine could resemble a sauvignon blanc, push a little further and you've got what could appear to be a quality scotch. Honey, which you'll find in a whole spectrum of colors, seems to illicit a natural hunger response. Apple juice, pineapple juice, pink grapefruit juice, white zinfandel, you get the idea. For the toys-r-us kids that don't want to grow up, how about something inspired by White Mystery Airheads? You might be right that stagnant pond water coloring may not have a natural appeal, but we could learn to enjoy it just like we most certainly did with "toxic waste" bright green.
    I guess the optimum word being in your OP was 'heavy colouring'. Because Alphamine still has colouring, natural and artificial, albeit light but thats just the mixture of the compounds and ideal colour they chose to best represent the flavour combination. Had the flavour been Bloody Orange for example, I suspect more heavier colouring would have been chosen.
  23. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057412
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.06%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    I guess the optimum word being in your OP was 'heavy colouring'. Because Alphamine still has colouring, natural and artificial, albeit light but thats just the mixture of the compounds and ideal colour they chose to best represent the flavour combination. Had the flavour been Bloody Orange for example, I suspect more heavier colouring would have been chosen.
    The coloring in Alphamine is from Beet Juice.
    The Historic PES Legend
  24. Diamond Member
    FL3X MAGNUM's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,424
    Rep Power
    4289816
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    82.49%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post

    The coloring in Alphamine is from Beet Juice.
    As long as it isn't beat juice.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  25. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057412
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.06%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    As long as it isn't beat juice.
    Only in the Detriot version.
    The Historic PES Legend
  26. New Member
    Pounditz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    73
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    45.07%

    Ok, been a type1 diabetic for over 22 years, been around that fake sweet for a bit. Here is something that always stuck out, because I was told "it can make you sick". Was told way back in the day to not use aspartame in my coffee because at the hot temperature it changes to chemicals we shouldn't consume.Doc explained when sugar is put in hot coffee, its still sugar. When aspartame is put into the coffee, it turns to all sorts of other things. That is how it was always explained to me and in the topic of all being discussed, I have not seen this addressed (the chemical change from high temps).From a chemistry point of view, what is the science behind what was told to me as a younger kidů?
  27. Elite Member
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    5425017
    Level
    85
    Lv. Percent
    39.61%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    The coloring in Alphamine is from Beet Juice.
    Oop yeah I read that one wrong. Beet concentrate.

    Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    As long as it isn't beat juice.
    Lol
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. a thank you to IA.. check out the pics
    By LakeMountD in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2003, 02:06 PM
  2. Check out the Optimim Price at the boys' site
    By scotty2 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-25-2003, 05:33 PM
  3. Come Check Out The Newest Board to Hit the Net
    By The Answer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-03-2003, 02:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in