If you had $200 to spend for supplements, monthly....

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

  1. After all the basics are covered, I'd use the rest to pay for my cycles & gas to drive further to a better gym. Lifting in a hardcore environment can do more than any preworkout for me.


  2. I agree totally with the better gym thing, I would do the same
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Red9 View Post
    NOW is definitely a reliable and reputable company, and make stand-up products
    I'm curious as to what lead you to think this?

  4. Quote Originally Posted by gahcase21
    I'm curious as to what lead you to think this?
    You disagree?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Red9 View Post
    You disagree?
    I've seen several people say that about NOW, I've always been curious as to why they think that and what caused them to think that. As far as your question goes, yes I disagree.
    •   
       


  6. All I'm sayin' is, NOW Taurine is where it's at. Stuff is legit and CHEAP.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by gahcase21
    I've seen several people say that about NOW, I've always been curious as to why they think that and what caused them to think that. As far as your question goes, yes I disagree.
    Well if you disagree... tell us why! Lol and give me some facts jack...

  8. Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Well if you disagree... tell us why! Lol and give me some facts jack...
    I'm still too young to give facts(only 24 post now)- soon. I'm just more curious as to what makes people believe these things about certain companies. They could very well be correct, I would like to know why.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by gahcase21 View Post
    I'm curious as to what lead you to think this?
    They've been around forever, they sell their products in huge volume, so they are also subject to closer scrutiny and more testing. At their size they get good pricing from the high volume, and can afford to do decent QA testing.

  10. Except for the whole not meeting label claims ordeal.
    "I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts." - Henry Rollins
    Team En Vitro

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Diesel0022 View Post
    Except for the whole not meeting label claims ordeal.
    Its hard for me to think of many major company that hasn't had at least one of those or an ingredient not listed on the label at least once over their history. And particularly once a company has been hit with that once, they tend to be really careful afterwards.

  12. It was multiple products from the NOW line, discourages you from purchasing
    "I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts." - Henry Rollins
    Team En Vitro

  13. - Protein pudding
    - Protein pancakes
    - Whey protein isolate
    - BCAA's
    - Maltodextrin
    - Creatine nitrate
    - Good preworkout product
    - Fish oils
    - Vitamins and minerals
    - Some natural anabolics/test boosters/gh boosters, 1 to be run at time
    Life is nothing but big macs and hoes.

  14. On months:
    BULK-UP
    Humapro
    Modern BCAA

    OFF months:
    DAA Caps cheapest
    Source Naturals DIM
    SNS Creatine
    Nutraplanet BA
    Modern BCAA
    Humapro

    In the end I do not consider $200 a month a ton to spend on something you enjoy doing on a daily basis. Smokers spend a ton on cigs a month. People that go to the movies every weekend spend a lot. People that enjoy going to sporting events spend a lot. Those that enjoy eating out can easily get to 200 a month. Finally those that are young and enjoy going to trendy clubs easily can spend 200 in a night, I know I used to(idiot). Personally I would rather someone sink 200 a month into bettering them selves vs getting wasted like millions do each week. Just my 2 cents.



  15. Basics:
    A SPORT multivitamin
    ALA
    Digestive Enzymes
    Whey protein
    Mix protein (egg/casein)
    Creatine
    Leucine
    Glutamine

    Other add-ons:
    L-Alanine
    L-Glycine
    Beta Alanine
    Citrulline Malate+Agmatine+AAKG (straight pump)
    Nettle Root
    Maca
    DAA

    If I have MORE MONEY I'll throw peptides in there....no hormonal stuff OTHER THAN test boosting things like maybe low dosed Clomid.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Its hard for me to think of many major company that hasn't had at least one of those or an ingredient not listed on the label at least once over their history. And particularly once a company has been hit with that once, they tend to be really careful afterwards.
    I can see your point in that, Kind of like going on a airplane after the airline just had a plane crash. You would think it would be the safest of all cause they are so cautious at that point. The issue with now is they fail on multiple products, then improve and pass, then fail again, then pass again etc. Their are several big companies with lots of sku's that never seem to fail. I wouldn't necessarily say that I would never buy on of their products, I just wouldn't call them "a reliable and reputable company, and make stand-up products". It seems they have a problem being consistent with their quality control for some reason. I've always been really curious at how people get so devoted into believing this about certain companies- what info leads them to think this?

  17. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Its hard for me to think of many major company that hasn't had at least one of those or an ingredient not listed on the label at least once over their history. And particularly once a company has been hit with that once, they tend to be really careful afterwards.
    I can see your point in that, Kind of like going on a airplane after the airline just had a plane crash. You would think it would be the safest of all cause they are so cautious at that point. The issue with now is they fail on multiple products, then improve and pass, then fail again, then pass again etc. Their are several big companies with lots of sku's that never seem to fail. I wouldn't necessarily say that I would never buy on of their products, I just wouldn't call them "a reliable and reputable company, and make stand-up products". It seems they have a problem being consistent with their quality control for some reason. I've always been really curious at how people get so devoted into believing this about certain companies- what info leads them to think this?

  18. Quote Originally Posted by gahcase21
    I've seen several people say that about NOW, I've always been curious as to why they think that and what caused them to think that. As far as your question goes, yes I disagree.
    As for why I think they are reliable and reputable...i cant think of another company that produces and markets like they do. I can literally go to almost any supplement shop, in store or online, and will find tons of NOW products from their line-up. Hihealth, G.N.C., vitamin shoppe, tommys, NutraPlanet, Lockout, Orbit, NutritionArsenal, shoot even my local vitamin store and half of the local food stores and drug strores around.

    I think they strive to make quality products at prices that are very reasonably priced and that your average customer/consumer can afford.

    As for the label claims, NOW is far from the only company who might have had a "slip up" in purity or meeting label claims. If you hold up 5 of your favorite supplements, I'd be willing to say that probably 2 of those, their company has had the same issue of meeting exact label claims (whether we know about it or not) !

  19. Quote Originally Posted by FourInchFury
    Have you ever taken a step back and thought about how you could really be harming your body by taking all these muscle gain / energy supplements? The FDA doesn't do studies on them. Most of them are too new for anyone to know the potential long-term side effects. The recent Hydroxycut recall is evidence that these products can be dangerous. And using common sense, it's clear our bodies didn't evolve while being exposed to all these synthetic chemicals, so the potential for long-term damage is huge.What's wrong with achieving your goals the 100% natural way? Just sayin'
    You must be from BB.com

    J/K lol kinda....

  20. Give it to distilled water...
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  21. Quote Originally Posted by FourInchFury View Post
    Have you ever taken a step back and thought about how you could really be harming your body by taking all these muscle gain / energy supplements? The FDA doesn't do studies on them. Most of them are too new for anyone to know the potential long-term side effects. The recent Hydroxycut recall is evidence that these products can be dangerous. And using common sense, it's clear our bodies didn't evolve while being exposed to all these synthetic chemicals, so the potential for long-term damage is huge.What's wrong with achieving your goals the 100% natural way? Just sayin'

    The FDA approves plenty of substances that turn out to be harmful so I would not assume that their approval 100% guarantees safety. You caould also apply your logic to many of the things found in the common diet. Preservatives, pesticides and so on were never in our diet 100's of years ago. Our bodies did not evolve with hammer strength and ellipticals either. I think it would be hard to doubt the safety of many supplements since they are found in the food supply. Many more people die every year from NSAIDS than have ever died from supplements yet they are OTC and considered safe. If you eliminate the people that have died from improperly using supplements, ie exceeding recommended dose or disregarding warning labels, you would be hard pressed to find many issues.

    As far as doing it naturally who cares. I have terrible eye sight should I stay natural and not wear glasses? Do as you please and allow others to do the same.



  22. Quote Originally Posted by pushinweightw View Post
    The FDA approves plenty of substances that turn out to be harmful so I would not assume that their approval 100% guarantees safety. You caould also apply your logic to many of the things found in the common diet. Preservatives, pesticides and so on were never in our diet 100's of years ago. Our bodies did not evolve with hammer strength and ellipticals either. I think it would be hard to doubt the safety of many supplements since they are found in the food supply. Many more people die every year from NSAIDS than have ever died from supplements yet they are OTC and considered safe. If you eliminate the people that have died from improperly using supplements, ie exceeding recommended dose or disregarding warning labels, you would be hard pressed to find many issues.

    As far as doing it naturally who cares. I have terrible eye sight should I stay natural and not wear glasses? Do as you please and allow others to do the same.
    Fact. There are so many damn recalls and what not on drugs. FDA approved drugs.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook


  23. Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd

    Fact. There are so many damn recalls and what not on drugs. FDA approved drugs.
    This ^
    THIS ^^^
    THIS!!!!!! ^^^^^

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water
    Give it to distilled water...
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia
    This ^
    THIS ^^^
    THIS!!!!!! ^^^^^
    Fixed it for you, silly guy...
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Red9 View Post
    As for why I think they are reliable and reputable...i cant think of another company that produces and markets like they do. I can literally go to almost any supplement shop, in store or online, and will find tons of NOW products from their line-up. Hihealth, G.N.C., vitamin shoppe, tommys, NutraPlanet, Lockout, Orbit, NutritionArsenal, shoot even my local vitamin store and half of the local food stores and drug strores around.

    I think they strive to make quality products at prices that are very reasonably priced and that your average customer/consumer can afford.

    As for the label claims, NOW is far from the only company who might have had a "slip up" in purity or meeting label claims. If you hold up 5 of your favorite supplements, I'd be willing to say that probably 2 of those, their company has had the same issue of meeting exact label claims (whether we know about it or not) !
    Sounds like a pretty good point. I'll still stick with the companies that never seen to have failures or at least less than NOW

  26. Quote Originally Posted by gahcase21
    Sounds like a pretty good point. I'll still stick with the companies that never seen to have failures or at least less than NOW
    That's the beautiful thing about America..you are free to do as you choose. Do whatever you feel is best.

  27. Wow now were wondering whether or not to take supplements..... lol.... lets see if we can start veering off and talk about 200 dollars monthly for steroid cycles..... lol....

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water

    Fixed it for you, silly guy...
    Heck naw dw.... your already pro.... leave it for the little guys! :P

  29. Quote Originally Posted by madds87

    Heck naw dw.... your already pro.... leave it for the little guys! :P
    Ah how generous! I'll pm my wish list

  30. Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia

    Ah how generous! I'll pm my wish list
    Haha im the little guys haha
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. You have 100$ to spend on supplements...
    By sluggy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 06:32 PM
  2. If you had 30mins to train everyday what would you do
    By TeaEhRoar in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 06:23 AM
  3. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 08:15 PM
  4. If you had $60 to buy any Designer or non-injectable
    By AKAmindgame in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 12:13 AM
  5. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Log in
Log in