If you had $200 to spend for supplements, monthly....

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.98%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL
    no, its probably the most worthwhile post here. Getting your diet right with real food, getting sleep right, etc will have far more effect on what you'll accomplish in the gym than $200 of supplements will. Supplements help with certain things somewhat, but their real net overall impact on gains is way less than diet + rest's impact. And I do like supplements, just $200 a month is ridiculous for ongoing expense in something that will make less than 5% difference in your results.
    But what if op already knows this... and wants supplements to enhance his diet?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.98%

Quote Originally Posted by cokeholio
    No easy is right $200 a month is wayyyy too much, I'd say I spend $100 every few months that's just to have a couple of pw's, protein, erase, daa. When I am gonna run a cycle I may drop 2-3 hundred but that's including pct and if ur talking a 8 week cycle that's 8 weeks of pct 16 weeks almost 4 months less then a 100 a month on cycle. I MAY run 1-2 cycles a year. I would never spend $200 a month on supps. I thought we were just having fun
    You over annalist's are driving me crazy... we are just having fun!!! Get over it! !! Lol
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.98%

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderHumper
    i forgot to mention, id probly get a bottle of black liver once a month from saving up because its so rare and expensive
    This supplement always seems to show up on a thread... the HAUNTING of black liver!!!
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.98%

Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia

EC stack and citrulline malate
    Ephedra &caffeine ? People like that stack for pre workout? I only used it for cutting for contest....
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.98%

Quote Originally Posted by tnubs
    Peptides and protein.

I agree with easy, people put too much emphasis on supplements when tweaking diet is all that is usually needed.
    Were having fun guys.... next person that is a buzz kill has to do a keg stand...
  6. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    But what if op already knows this... and wants supplements to enhance his diet?
    its just not worth spending that much. a tub of protein on top of solid food, a decent regular consumer grade multivitamin and creatine monohydrate, maybe add beta alanine. Getting fancy add BCAAs, and a preworkout (mostly for the stim). Still you aren't hitting even $100 there. You'd be better off spending it on better food in the end. free range beef, wild salmon, etc. On a fat loss phase, green coffee bean extract is a cheap addition. Those things can maybe make a 5% difference on gains/losses vs just proper eating/rest/training without them. Adding in the other more exotic stuff may make certain things feel/seem better, but no real evidence of real actual gains. If you make $250k a year then ****it spend the $200 since its a drop in the bucket income wise. Just for plenty of the guys here that is more than they pay for electricity or even a car payment.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.48%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by madds87

Ephedra &caffeine ? People like that stack for pre workout? I only used it for cutting for contest....
    Never tried it that's why it caught my eye! Seemed like a nice change of pace and I love me some CM!
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.38%

Were having fun guys.... next person that is a buzz kill has to do a keg stand...
    Me me me! Pick me!
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.98%

its just not worth spending that much. a tub of protein on top of solid food, a decent regular consumer grade multivitamin and creatine monohydrate, maybe add beta alanine. Getting fancy add BCAAs, and a preworkout (mostly for the stim). Still you aren't hitting even $100 there. You'd be better off spending it on better food in the end. free range beef, wild salmon, etc. On a fat loss phase, green coffee bean extract is a cheap addition. Those things can maybe make a 5% difference on gains/losses vs just proper eating/rest/training without them. Adding in the other more exotic stuff may make certain things feel/seem better, but no real evidence of real actual gains. If you make $250k a year then ****it spend the $200 since its a drop in the bucket income wise. Just for plenty of the guys here that is more than they pay for electricity or even a car payment.
    Your right easy... i know... and thanks for the reality check.... but tell me what you would buy if you made 250 k a year... and we can get back on subject...
    I umderstand for the people that dont understand diet is key... but i know this... so humor me...
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

im the keg stand master. i do a handstand and put the keg in my butt
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.98%

Quote Originally Posted by Red9

Me me me! Pick me!
    Not supposed to volunteer for it haha...
    Im next in line lol
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.98%

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderHumper
    im the keg stand master. i do a handstand and out the keg in my butt
    Hahaha keg stand enema!!!
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.38%

Agreed. This made me think of the thread asking how guys in lockup get so yoked.

Eat, workout, sleep, repeat. It's amazing what a strict regimen of rest and set schedules will do for the body. We place too much emphasis on supplements that really make probably little to no difference at all.

Protein, cheap.
    Creatine, cheaper.
    Multivitamin, essential.
    Fish oils, take em.
    Preworkout, I gotta have one.

Maybe hitting $50-$60 per month with those, and that'll do the trick if you go hard with a good routine. The rest is all just add-ons and wants. Not needs.
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.38%

Not supposed to volunteer for it haha...
    Im next in line lol
    I suppose it wouldn't be a grear idea to pound beer before an upcoming cycle though lol shucks..
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.98%

Agreed. This made me think of the thread asking how guys in lockup get so yoked.

Eat, workout, sleep, repeat. It's amazing what a strict regimen of rest and set schedules will do for the body. We place too much emphasis on supplements that really make probably little to no difference at all.

Protein, cheap.
    Creatine, cheaper.
    Multivitamin, essential.
    Fish oils, take em.
    Preworkout, I gotta have one.

Maybe hitting $50-$60 per month with those, and that'll do the trick if you go hard with a good routine. The rest is all just add-ons and wants. Not needs.
    This is true. But theres some good stuff out there... without some supplements i wouldnt be able to eat all of the food...
    Of coarse the basics and staples are a must... some people need it... but there are some good things out there... plus food wouldnt give me the awsome workouts i get... preworkout supps do... if im lucky coffee will do that... but then im running to the toilet after... so enjoy the monopoly money 200$ you have and gimme a list! Thanx! Lol
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.38%

This is true. But theres some good stuff out there... without some supplements i wouldnt be able to eat all of the food...
    I also agree with you as well. Ever since I got into preworkouts about 8 months ago, I don't get as good of a workout without them. They are a must for me.

I haven't had much experience with test boosters or AI's, but I plan on it in the future. And just because I say $200 is a lot, doesn't mean I take my own advice

...i spend way more than I should...i think I'm addicted ..
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.98%

I suppose it wouldn't be a grear idea to pound beer before an upcoming cycle though lol shucks..
    Nah.... not good at all.... but i thought pct supplements arent worth anything...? I thought it should be through food?
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.98%

I also agree with you as well. Ever since I got into preworkouts about 8 months ago, I don't get as good of a workout without them. They are a must for me.

I haven't had much experience with test boosters or AI's, but I plan on it in the future. And just because I say $200 is a lot, doesn't mean I take my own advice

...i spend way more than I should...i think I'm addicted ..
    Lol yeah honestly the only protein shake i can take is myofusion from gaspari... the probiotic helps a ton... and that sucker is 70 for a 5 lbs... but its only taken after workouts and busy days... so it lasts longer than a month... i realize 200 is alot but its fun to dream... who doesnt like dreaming? Thats why the lotto is so popular...
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.38%

Nah.... not good at all.... but i thought pct supplements arent worth anything...? I thought it should be through food?
    Haha like I said, I don't take my own advice. Superdrol AND good food?.. Lets do it! Lol
  20. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.04%

I stopped everything but a cycle of sarms "osta" in order to really evaluate its effects, but pesonally if I had stick to the $200 budget I would invest the money elsewhere.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

After all the basics are covered, I'd use the rest to pay for my cycles & gas to drive further to a better gym. Lifting in a hardcore environment can do more than any preworkout for me.
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.03%

I agree totally with the better gym thing, I would do the same
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.39%

Quote Originally Posted by Red9 View Post
    NOW is definitely a reliable and reputable company, and make stand-up products
    I'm curious as to what lead you to think this?
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.38%

Quote Originally Posted by gahcase21
    You disagree?
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.39%

Quote Originally Posted by Red9 View Post
    You disagree?
    I've seen several people say that about NOW, I've always been curious as to why they think that and what caused them to think that. As far as your question goes, yes I disagree.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

All I'm sayin' is, NOW Taurine is where it's at. Stuff is legit and CHEAP.
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.98%

I've seen several people say that about NOW, I've always been curious as to why they think that and what caused them to think that. As far as your question goes, yes I disagree.
    Well if you disagree... tell us why! Lol and give me some facts jack...
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.39%

Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Well if you disagree... tell us why! Lol and give me some facts jack...
    I'm still too young to give facts(only 24 post now)- soon. I'm just more curious as to what makes people believe these things about certain companies. They could very well be correct, I would like to know why.
  29. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by gahcase21 View Post
    They've been around forever, they sell their products in huge volume, so they are also subject to closer scrutiny and more testing. At their size they get good pricing from the high volume, and can afford to do decent QA testing.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.86%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Except for the whole not meeting label claims ordeal.
    "I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts." - Henry Rollins
    Team En Vitro
  31. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.73%

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel0022 View Post
    Except for the whole not meeting label claims ordeal.
    Its hard for me to think of many major company that hasn't had at least one of those or an ingredient not listed on the label at least once over their history. And particularly once a company has been hit with that once, they tend to be really careful afterwards.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.86%
    Achievements Activity Pro

It was multiple products from the NOW line, discourages you from purchasing
    "I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts." - Henry Rollins
    Team En Vitro
  33. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.66%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

- Protein pudding
    - Protein pancakes
    - Whey protein isolate
    - BCAA's
    - Maltodextrin
    - Creatine nitrate
    - Good preworkout product
    - Fish oils
    - Vitamins and minerals
    - Some natural anabolics/test boosters/gh boosters, 1 to be run at time
    Olympus Labs Rep
    Olympus-labs.com - Products that will turn men into demigods!
    Life is nothing but big macs and hoes.
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  224 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.59%

On months:
    BULK-UP
    Humapro
    Modern BCAA

OFF months:
    DAA Caps cheapest
    Source Naturals DIM
    SNS Creatine
    Nutraplanet BA
    Modern BCAA
    Humapro

In the end I do not consider $200 a month a ton to spend on something you enjoy doing on a daily basis. Smokers spend a ton on cigs a month. People that go to the movies every weekend spend a lot. People that enjoy going to sporting events spend a lot. Those that enjoy eating out can easily get to 200 a month. Finally those that are young and enjoy going to trendy clubs easily can spend 200 in a night, I know I used to(idiot). Personally I would rather someone sink 200 a month into bettering them selves vs getting wasted like millions do each week. Just my 2 cents.

35. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.36%

Basics:
    A SPORT multivitamin
    ALA
    Digestive Enzymes
    Whey protein
    Mix protein (egg/casein)
    Creatine
    Leucine
    Glutamine

Other add-ons:
    L-Alanine
    L-Glycine
    Beta Alanine
    Citrulline Malate+Agmatine+AAKG (straight pump)
    Nettle Root
    Maca
    DAA

If I have MORE MONEY I'll throw peptides in there....no hormonal stuff OTHER THAN test boosting things like maybe low dosed Clomid.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.39%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Its hard for me to think of many major company that hasn't had at least one of those or an ingredient not listed on the label at least once over their history. And particularly once a company has been hit with that once, they tend to be really careful afterwards.
    I can see your point in that, Kind of like going on a airplane after the airline just had a plane crash. You would think it would be the safest of all cause they are so cautious at that point. The issue with now is they fail on multiple products, then improve and pass, then fail again, then pass again etc. Their are several big companies with lots of sku's that never seem to fail. I wouldn't necessarily say that I would never buy on of their products, I just wouldn't call them "a reliable and reputable company, and make stand-up products". It seems they have a problem being consistent with their quality control for some reason. I've always been really curious at how people get so devoted into believing this about certain companies- what info leads them to think this?
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.39%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I can see your point in that, Kind of like going on a airplane after the airline just had a plane crash. You would think it would be the safest of all cause they are so cautious at that point. The issue with now is they fail on multiple products, then improve and pass, then fail again, then pass again etc. Their are several big companies with lots of sku's that never seem to fail. I wouldn't necessarily say that I would never buy on of their products, I just wouldn't call them "a reliable and reputable company, and make stand-up products". It seems they have a problem being consistent with their quality control for some reason. I've always been really curious at how people get so devoted into believing this about certain companies- what info leads them to think this?
  38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.38%

As for why I think they are reliable and reputable...i cant think of another company that produces and markets like they do. I can literally go to almost any supplement shop, in store or online, and will find tons of NOW products from their line-up. Hihealth, G.N.C., vitamin shoppe, tommys, NutraPlanet, Lockout, Orbit, NutritionArsenal, shoot even my local vitamin store and half of the local food stores and drug strores around.

I think they strive to make quality products at prices that are very reasonably priced and that your average customer/consumer can afford.

As for the label claims, NOW is far from the only company who might have had a "slip up" in purity or meeting label claims. If you hold up 5 of your favorite supplements, I'd be willing to say that probably 2 of those, their company has had the same issue of meeting exact label claims (whether we know about it or not) !
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.38%

Quote Originally Posted by FourInchFury
    Have you ever taken a step back and thought about how you could really be harming your body by taking all these muscle gain / energy supplements? The FDA doesn't do studies on them. Most of them are too new for anyone to know the potential long-term side effects. The recent Hydroxycut recall is evidence that these products can be dangerous. And using common sense, it's clear our bodies didn't evolve while being exposed to all these synthetic chemicals, so the potential for long-term damage is huge.What's wrong with achieving your goals the 100% natural way? Just sayin'
    You must be from BB.com

J/K lol kinda....
  40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.88%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Give it to distilled water...
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

Similar Forum Threads

1. You have 100$ to spend on supplements...
    By sluggy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 07:32 PM
  2. If you had 30mins to train everyday what would you do
    By TeaEhRoar in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 07:23 AM
  3. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 09:15 PM
  4. If you had $60 to buy any Designer or non-injectable
    By AKAmindgame in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16