IGF-2... Blood results in

djblurr

Awards
Hi,

I recently decided to give IGF-2 a go in attempt to lower a moderately high prolactin level. I had planned to run it for 2 months, however after 1 month I was forced to stop as I was getting major dizzy spells, blurry vision and was feeling short of breath. After about a week since I finished it, this all cleared up.

Prolactin 367 738 mIU/L (<500)
Testosterone 19.1 14.2 nmol/L (11.0-40.0)
SHBG 35 32 nmol/L (10.0-70.0)
Calculated FTe 393 295 pmol/L (260-740)

As you can see, my prolactin doubled, and my testosterone went DOWN.

I had no strength gains and actually put on fat, despite a clean bulking diet. Pretty disappointing results.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Sounds like the product has way too much dopaminergia going on, at least for you. I can't believe you stuck with the product even after experiencing those (potentially dangerous) symptoms.

My one question is why run something for prolactin control if your levels are nicely in range?

djblurr

Awards
Hey mate, thanks for your response. I stopped within a couple of days of experiencing those symptoms as I wasn't sure straight away whether it was what I was taking or something else (e.g. a virus).

Although my prolactin was in the range, I've had previous tests in the last 12 months where it was a lot higher. It peaked at 930 which forced me to see a neurologist and get an MRI scan done. The neurologist was happy with what he saw and did not think I had a prolactinoma also based on the fact it had begun to drop in the next few blood tests. I had HOPED that perhaps I could reduce it further with IGF-2 and had hoped that this would come with some nice effects (fat loss and increase in testosterone).

Boy am I pissed.

Greenhulk

Awards
My one question is why run something for prolactin control if your levels are nicely in range?
I remember you saying somewhere else that people sometimes take Inhibit-P for the mood and sleep benefits alone. And Inhibit-P is primarily a prolactin control supplement. So, isn't that a bit contradictory to your above statement?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I remember you saying somewhere else that people sometimes take Inhibit-P for the mood and sleep benefits alone. And Inhibit-P is primarily a prolactin control supplement. So, isn't that a bit contradictory to your above statement?
No, because OP seemed as if he was looking for prolactin control. If he said he was using IGF-2 for mood and sleep benefits, and then I came in and said "why are you trying to lower prolactin," then there would be a contradiction.

Are you Germany by chance? I've collectively spent over a year in Germany, great country.

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi,

I recently decided to give IGF-2 a go in attempt to lower a moderately high prolactin level. I had planned to run it for 2 months, however after 1 month I was forced to stop as I was getting major dizzy spells, blurry vision and was feeling short of breath. After about a week since I finished it, this all cleared up.

I had no strength gains and actually put on fat, despite a clean bulking diet. Pretty disappointing results.
Daaaaammmmnnn bro. Lowered Test and no strength gains?

I was actually thinking about using this soon too...

Thomasxavier

Awards
Hmm watch out. Elevated prolactin levels indicate a potential pituitary tumor. Make sure you keep getting more of these blood tests in the following weeks. Make sure it was just this supplement that caused the elevated levels.....................

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like the product has way too much dopaminergia going on, at least for you. I can't believe you stuck with the product even after experiencing those (potentially dangerous) symptoms.

Could lowering the dose fix that? For example, my weight range on the bottle recommends 8 a day. Lets assume OP's is the same. If he were to take 4-6 would that alleviate that problem?

Any noticeable differences (strength,energy,weight gain,etc)?
Well weight gain is coming from diet. Im using it along with free test and between the two I have noticed leaner gains, Fuller feeling muscles, more energy upon waking, decreased recovery time, and consistent strength gains. (Nothing ridiculous an extra Rep or 5-10lb gain on primary lifts every week)

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could lowering the dose fix that? For example, my weight range on the bottle recommends 8 a day. Lets assume OP's is the same. If he were to take 4-6 would that alleviate that problem?

Well weight gain is coming from diet. Im using it along with free test and between the two I have noticed leaner gains, Fuller feeling muscles, more energy upon waking, decreased recovery time, and consistent strength gains. (Nothing ridiculous an extra Rep or 5-10lb gain on primary lifts every week)
Keep in mind that I am also keeping track of my diet very closely. (Except for last week lol)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi,

Sorry to hear you aren't enjoying the product. Your symptoms you describe and blood work numbers you posted seem quite odd, perhaps there is an underlying medical condition at play here?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi,

You arent by chance living with a prego woman are you?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

Indeed, lowering the dose would have helped. As with nootropics, mucuna-based products can be fickle in some users due to pretty extreme variations in brain chemistry observed across different families (or even within a family).

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hi,

This is interesting- and it does sound like dopaminergic symptoms- under normal circumstances, the product is going to do the exact opposite with prolactin levels, based on most of the literature- one of the studies below is an exception, and it occurred concurrent to prostate issues. We have used this same formula for almost 6 years, along with the same suppliers, so our mucuna source has not changed, and we mfr. and test everything at our own facility, so we can rule out materials and mfg. Are you taking anything else, and have you had any other type of pre-existing condition?

Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1980 Dec;13(6):525-33.
Evaluation of two inhibitory tests (nomifensine and L-dopa + carbidopa) for the diagnosis of hyperprolactinaemic states.

Moriondo P, Travaglini P, Nissim M, ***lia G.
Abstract

It has been reported that administration of nomifensine (Nom) or of L-dopa + carbidopa (L-dopa + Carb) potentiates central dopaminergic tonus, resulting in decreased prolactin (PRL) secretion. It has been proposed that these drugs would help to discriminate patients with PRL-secreting pituitary tumours from those with so-called 'functional' hyperprolactinaemia. In this study, oral Nom (200 mg) was given to forty-three hyperprolactinaemic patients and L-dopa + Carb (50 mg Carb every 6 h for four doses followed by L-dopa 100 mg and Carb 35 mg) to thirty of them and both treatment to ten normal subjects. The hyperprolactinaemic patients were divided into four clinical groups. Group A, twenty patients with proven PRL-secreting pituitary tumours; Group B, thirteen women with elevated PRL levels (less than 100 ng/ml) without any radiological evidence of a pituitary tumour (hyperprolactinaemia of unknown aetiology or 'functional' hyperprolactinaemia); Group C, four women with polycystic ovarian disease and mildly elevated serum PRL; Group D, six patients with various other disorders associated with hyperprolactinaemia. PRL levels decreased in the normal controls below the basal values by 61.3% +/- 6.2 (SEM) after Nom and 77.6% +/- 4.2 after L-dopa + Carb. Decreases in serum PRL of at least 50% (in three consecutive determinations) were found in group A in 20% of patients after Nom and in 25% after L-dopa + Carb; in group B in 15% and 40% of cases; in most of the hyperprolactinaemic women in group C; and some in group D. In conclusion, these two treatments did not discriminate between tumorous and non-tumorous cases of PRL hypersecretion.

J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1981 Sep;53(3):594-8.
Calcium and calcium-antagonistic effects on prolactin and growth hormone responses to thyrotropin-releasing hormone and L-dopa in man.

Röjdmark S, Andersson DE, Sundblad L.
Abstract

The significance of calcium for the responsiveness of human lactotrophs and somatotrophs to iv TRH and oral L-dopa was investigated in 11 young healthy women. Both TRH and L-dopa were administered on three different background infusions: 1) saline, 2) verapamil, and 3) calcium. Twenty-five micrograms of TRH raised the PRL level from 15.1 +/- 2.3 to 76.9 +/- 8.8 ng/ml in 15 min (P less than 0.001). Calcium infusion blunted this PRL response by 33 +/- 8% (P less than 0.02), whereas verapamil, known for its calcium-antagonistic properties, left in unaffected. Five hundred milligrams of L-dopa increased the GH level from 2.2 +/- 0.7 to 16.7 +/- 2.2 ng/ml in 60 min (P less than 0.002) and reduced the PRL level from 11.6 +/- 2.9 to 3.1 +/- 0.4 ng/ml in 150 min (P less than 0.05). Neither calcium nor verapamil influenced these GH and PRL responses significantly. These findings indicate that human somatotrophs may be less dependent than human lactotrophs on normocalcemia for adequate hormone secretion.

Eur Urol. 2000 May;37(5):569-72.
Paradoxical stimulation of prolactin secretion by L-dopa in metastatic prostate cancer and its possible role in prostate-cancer-related hyperprolactinemia.

Lissoni P, Mandalà M, Rovelli F, Casu M, Rocco F, Tancini G, Scardino E.
Source

Division of Radiation Oncology, San Gerardo Hospital, Monza, Italy.

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

In addition to sex steroids, prolactin (PRL) may also stimulate prostate cancer growth. Abnormally high blood levels of PRL have been noted in metastatic prostate cancer patients. However, most studies have been limited to the evaluation of basal levels of PRL rather than to investigate its secretion in response to classical endocrine dynamic tests. This study was carried out to analyze PRL secretion in metastatic prostate cancer patients both at basal conditions and in response to L-Dopa and metoclopramide, which represents the most classical inhibitory and stimulatory tests for PRL secretion, respectively.
METHODS:

The study included 12 patients with metastatic prostate cancer. On separate occasions, PRL secretion was evaluated in response to L-Dopa (500 mg orally) and to metoclopramide (10 mg i.v. as a bolus). Serum levels of PRL were measured by RIA.
RESULTS:

Mean PRL concentrations significantly increased after metoclopramide administration, even though no PRL response occurred in 6 of 12 patients. L-Dopa was unable to reduce PRL levels, which, in contrast, paradoxically significantly increased in response to L-Dopa, with mean values comparable to those achieved after metoclopramide injection.
CONCLUSION:

By showing a paradoxical stimulatory effect of L-Dopa on PRL secretion and a lack of response to metoclopramide in some patients, this study would suggest the existence of evident alterations in the neuroendocrine regulation of PRL release in advanced prostate cancer.

djblurr

Awards

Minor strength gains, which I would put down to increased calorie intake. Gained a bit of fat too.

djblurr

Awards
Would love to see your before and after bloods to validate this.

djblurr

Awards
This is interesting- and it does sound like dopaminergic symptoms- under normal circumstances, the product is going to do the exact opposite with prolactin levels, based on most of the literature- one of the studies below is an exception, and it occurred concurrent to prostate issues. We have used this same formula for almost 6 years, along with the same suppliers, so our mucuna source has not changed, and we mfr. and test everything at our own facility, so we can rule out materials and mfg. Are you taking anything else, and have you had any other type of pre-existing condition?
Do you have any published studies that validate your products work?

I wasn't taking anything else at the time. My unusual levels of prolactin have been closely monitored for the past 12 months. I have been checked for a prolactinoma and do not have one. Over the past months it has progressively dropped from a high 930 all the way down to 378. I had hoped by running IGF-2 I would be able to drop it further and see some positive results (i.e. test increase).

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry to hear you aren't enjoying the product. Your symptoms you describe and blood work numbers you posted seem quite odd, perhaps there is an underlying medical condition at play here?
i was going to ask the same question

when i was 20 i ran IGF 2 with Free Test for 8 weeks and had my blood done and the results were nothing compared to yours

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

take it. best product on the market IMO. this is a rare occurrence that i have never seen before

djblurr

Awards
3-4 weeks since i stopped taking this product, my blood results show the following. Prolactin 417 mIU/L (