Cortisol blockers and supplements

thenewkid4011

Awards
What are some good blockers or supplements to help reduce cortisol ?

Iv looked on the internet and cant find any good reviews on products. Hoping someone on here can help haha

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
ErgoBolic and Lean Xtreme are legit for cortisol control

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
ErgoBolic and Lean Xtreme are legit for cortisol control
I enjoyed SNS Reduce XT.

LX is great but pretty much backordered everywhere. :(

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
SNS Reduce XT and Ergobolic, individually or combined. Very different MOAs, but both are effective.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reduce xt and abliterate get my vote!

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
DO yall have anyblood work proving they work?? Im just really weary of any OTC product that claims to lower cortisol as much as they claim

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
DO yall have anyblood work proving they work?? Im just really weary of any OTC product that claims to lower cortisol as much as they claim
i want to say DS LX has some blood work done. not sure, would check their website

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Reduce XT and Lean Xtreme are the two that I've used and remember to be effective. There was another one I used and didn't like but I don't remember the name of it.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
SNS Reduce XT and Ergobolic, individually or combined. Very different MOAs, but both are effective.
Good night + fat destruction + LBM gains , stack.

uforce

uforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hmmm....what type of effects do you get from Reduce XT? should you run any supporting supps with it?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
hmmm....what type of effects do you get from Reduce XT? should you run any supporting supps with it?
No supporting supps needed, it is completely natural. You should experience "stress fat" loss , and (in my case) greater recovery, not to mention LBM catabolism protection.

One thing I'll say, some people get dry joints with over 3 caps , if you want to dose higher than 2-3 caps I would recommend having Cissus and high EPA/DHA fish oil along Reduce-XT.

Conveniently enough , those 2 supplements also help synergistically with Reduce-XT to provide a recomposition effect.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
how does it compare to erase?
Different supplements. Erase is an steroidal AI , it would be like asking how does blue compare to red :S different supplements, with different MOAs for different intents and goals.

uforce

uforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Different supplements. Erase is an steroidal AI , it would be like asking how does blue compare to red :S different supplements, with different MOAs for different intents and goals.
well, i know that erase is considered an anti-e. but, its also supposed to effect cortisol, correct?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
well, i know that erase is considered an anti-e. but, its also supposed to effect cortisol, correct?
Hm...I have used erase in the past and Reduce-XT also...I cannot say I have noticed much (or any) cortisol control from Erase. While it is an amazing supplement and I love it, I would simply see it as an AI

rippedbrah

rippedbrah

Awards
Currently running erase for 8 weeks and have a bottle of reduce xt.

Could I stack the 2 for the last 4 weeks ?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
One of it's metabolites may be 7-keto, but at a very low dose obviously, so no issue there.

matter2003

matter2003

Awards
-Vitamin C is an excellent cortisol blocker
-Holy Basil(Ayurvedic Tulsi) is an excellent cortisol blocker
-Euluthro Root is an excellent cortisol blocker
-Fast Carb(ex: Kwik Carb/Dymatize Flud/Karbolyn) intake 30 minutes into weight training helps prevent cortisol from quickly rising afterwards
-Drinking water while doing cardio prevents cortisol from rising afterwards
-Oolong Tea has been shown to reduce cortisol levels and bring them down quicker than those who do not drink it
-Meditation has been shown to reduce cortisol levels by up to 50%

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
-Vitamin C is an excellent cortisol blocker
If you are deficient on it.
If you are a marathon runner

Only then. If not, more than 500mg a day is literally detrimental.

matter2003

matter2003

Awards
If you are deficient on it.
If you are a marathon runner

Only then. If not, more than 500mg a day is literally detrimental.
Vitamin C Lowers Stress Response, Reduces Cortisol and Blood Pressure

In a 2002, German researchers found that subjects who received high-doses of sustained-release ascorbic acid (vitamin C) had lower blood pressure and cortisol, as well as lower subjective responses to acute psychological stress.

During the study, subjects received a 14 day trial of sustained release vitamin C and then were exposed to the Trier Social Stress Test (TSST) which included public speaking and mental arithmetic tasks.

Compared to the placebo group, subjects who received the vitamin C had lower systolic and diastolic blood pressure readings and a lower subjective (self-reported) stress response to the TSST. In addition, the vitamin C subjects’ salivary cortisol response returned to normal more quickly than the placebo group, what researchers referred to as “cortisol recovery.”

Vitamin C is found abundantly in the adrenal glands, not surprisingly since it plays a key role in the stress response. According to Dr. James F. Balch, co-author of "Prescription for Nutritional Healing," vitamin C is crucial for the adrenal glands to properly function. Chronic stress and nervousness may deplete these glands, preventing them from releasing these chemicals into the bloodstream.

Psychology Today in an article on vitamin C and stress, wrote that in “animal studies, vitamin C fed to rats undergoing stress not only prevented the expected increase in cortisol levels, it prevented the animals from exhibiting the known signs of physical and emotional stress, including loss of body weight. Animals that did not receive vitamin C had three times the level of stress hormones.”

There are few things more stressful to the body than weight training, so taking a sustained release Vitamin C an hour or two beforehand would seem to be very applicable to this...

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
ive been taking biorythm afterglow which contains phosphytydlserine in a decent amount but ive been on it for some time now , i just wonder if i should have a change.
if cortisol is low how does the body heal -can someone explain how it works? thanks

rippedbrah

rippedbrah

Awards
coop
would you recommend 3 caps of the reduce xt for the last 4 weeks) ? (morning,4 hrs later and 1 before bed)

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Vitamin C Lowers Stress Response, Reduces Cortisol and Blood Pressure

In a 2002, German researchers found that subjects who received high-doses of sustained-release ascorbic acid (vitamin C) had lower blood pressure and cortisol, as well as lower subjective responses to acute psychological stress.

During the study, subjects received a 14 day trial of sustained release vitamin C and then were exposed to the Trier Social Stress Test (TSST) which included public speaking and mental arithmetic tasks.

Compared to the placebo group, subjects who received the vitamin C had lower systolic and diastolic blood pressure readings and a lower subjective (self-reported) stress response to the TSST. In addition, the vitamin C subjects’ salivary cortisol response returned to normal more quickly than the placebo group, what researchers referred to as “cortisol recovery.”

Vitamin C is found abundantly in the adrenal glands, not surprisingly since it plays a key role in the stress response. According to Dr. James F. Balch, co-author of "Prescription for Nutritional Healing," vitamin C is crucial for the adrenal glands to properly function. Chronic stress and nervousness may deplete these glands, preventing them from releasing these chemicals into the bloodstream.

Psychology Today in an article on vitamin C and stress, wrote that in “animal studies, vitamin C fed to rats undergoing stress not only prevented the expected increase in cortisol levels, it prevented the animals from exhibiting the known signs of physical and emotional stress, including loss of body weight. Animals that did not receive vitamin C had three times the level of stress hormones.”

There are few things more stressful to the body than weight training, so taking a sustained release Vitamin C an hour or two beforehand would seem to be very applicable to this...
¬¬' not related to weight training...anyhow if you follow the link on the quote, it will further explain it, it's easier and in Laymans terms.

Let's start with the post you quoted:

Vitamin C will not lower cortisol in healthy individuals who are not participating in strenuous endurance activities or facing some sort of strong external stressor (i.e. running a marathon). Vitamin C is a great antioxidant, but not for cortisol control. The conclusion that R-ALA (nevermind that they didn't use Na-RLA) is anabolic is also a poor extrapolation. The improved insulin sensitivity and activity in the mitochondria is once again great, but not for the reasons the author mentions. The terms "recovery", "anti-catabolic," and "anabolism" are thrown around very haphazardly. Here are my edited ingredients:

Recommended Ingredients:

1. Vitamin C - required for connective tissue production and maintenance - 500mg doses (plasma saturation) taken with meals. Not to be taken within 4 hours of training UNLESS using nitrates, in which 500mg should be taken preworkout to inhibit gastric nitrosation.
2. Leucine - Forget BCAAs and HMB. Leucine is a far more efficient way to acquire the desired response on MPS. 0.045g/kg BW taken at once, 2 or more hours postprandially.
4. Na-R-Alpha Lipoic Acid - potent antioxidant, repartitioning agent
5. Refer to my Post in "How to Construct a Basic Stack" and read up on the ACES protocol:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/198135-how-construct-basic.html. FYI, we are posting in the section of the man who made ACES what it is.

The 1 gram of vitamin C postworkout is actually hindering your progress for 2 reasons:

1. It is above the plasma saturation dose and thus a waste.
2. There is a decent body of evidence suggesting that periworkout Vitamin C consumption hinders hypertrophy and long-term performance.

BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Awards
Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione prevents estrogen conversion and can serve as a cortisol inhibitor how ever I thinks its corisol lowering effects are mild.