SciVation Xtend

thenewkid4011

Awards
Product looks good, interested in taking it but does it work ? Haven't found many people talking about this so i figured id ask haha

( might not have looked to hard so give me a break if there are more of these threads hahah )

Also of you have tried any recommended flavors ?

thenewkid4011

Awards
Also can it be used with pre-workout ? Like say i take my pre-workout then while working out can i still take this ?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Product looks good, interested in taking it but does it work ? Haven't found many people talking about this so i figured id ask haha

( might not have looked to hard so give me a break if there are more of these threads hahah )

Not a bad product. It was a favorite of mine for a while but now I'm hooked in ModernBCAA but I am a bit biased. Taste of modern is better though, that's real talk. ModernBCAA also has a higher leucine content for better results. They also mix up in about a good 30sec shake.

thenewkid4011

Awards
Not a bad product. It was a favorite of mine for a while but now I'm hooked in ModernBCAA but I am a bit biased. Taste of modern is better though, that's real talk. ModernBCAA also has a higher leucine content for better results. They also mix up in about a good 30sec shake.
Can either xtend or Modern be taken even tho im using a pre-workout ?

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Xtend is good stuff. Top 2 favorite BCAAs. Depends on what my goals are as to which I like better. I picked up a variety pack a while ago and was pretty impressed with all the flavors.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Xtend is good stuff. Top 2 favorite BCAAs. Depends on what my goals are as to which I like better. I picked up a variety pack a while ago and was pretty impressed with all the flavors.
What did you think of Orange?
Ive had Blue raz, grape and apple in the 90 serving tubs. Ive had apple the last two times and think i need a change. Apple has been my favourite so far.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive had Blue raz, grape and apple in the 90 serving tubs. Ive had apple the last two times and think i need a change. Apple has been my favourite so far.
Orange was my favorite, I'd mix it with my gallon jug of sugar free tang. Was reeeallly good then.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's been to long for me to even remember them all at this point. Orange typically isn't one of my go to flavors, but I couldn't say for sure how well I liked it. It's probably been +6 months since I tried it.

tsugsr

Awards
I've gotten the watermelon flavor several times and really like it! Havnt seen the flavors mention before, I may have to find some.

newbreed

Awards
I used Xtend for a while then switched over to Modern BCAAs and haven't gone back. MBCAAs has more leucine and a form of glutamine that has more stability in water as opposed to regular glutamine. The flavors aren't too strong which I like. The Grape Bubblegum actually tastes like grape as opposed to other companies grape flavors tasting like cough medicine.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I used Xtend for a while then switched over to Modern BCAAs and haven't gone back. MBCAAs has more leucine and a form of glutamine that has more stability in water as opposed to regular glutamine. The flavors aren't too strong which I like. The Grape Bubblegum actually tastes like grape as opposed to other companies grape flavors tasting like cough medicine.
From what aspect is the glutamine more beneficial? Why not just take bulk leucine? I've never seen anything but 2:1:1 studied that I can recall. What's the benefit?

Not hating. Just saying.

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
I think its a great product/taste. I drink mine during my workouts to keep my body anabolic. I will even drink them in between meals.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
From what aspect is the glutamine more beneficial? Why not just take bulk leucine? I've never seen anything but 2:1:1 studied that I can recall. What's the benefit?

Not hating. Just saying.
In terms of the leucine, the reasoning here is that, from a strictly technical standpoint, the data displays that only leucine and those other amino acids structurally related to leucine are responsible for the increase in mTOR commonly associated with BCAA supplementation.

By increasing the “normal” ratio of leucine to the other two branched chain amino acids, we ensure two things:

Double & mega dosing are unnecessary, as we have already doubled the component that is primarily responsible for the protein turnover and synthesis increases we see with BCAAs.

Competitive metabolism between the amino acids will not lower leucine levels to the point that it is unable to regulate mTOR.

Simply put, a 2:1:1 or 4:1:1 bias, while effective, is by no means optimal for mTOR signaling pathway activation, and an increase in protein synthesis associated with it.

This particular product consists of a glutamine dipeptide (L-alanyl-L-glutamine), which is more stable and far more water soluble than regular L-glutamine.

These physicochemical properties alone may provide greater effectiveness as compared to l-glutamine. However, the presence of a unique intestinal transporter for the dipeptide may also allow for an increased amount of glutamine to reach the bloodstream and into skeletal muscle as compared to regular free L-glutamine.

These notions are supported by the higher glutamine concentrations in plasma and skeletal muscle of animal models administered alanyl-glutamine, as compared to those observed with free L-glutamine .

Hope that helps my friend.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
In terms of the leucine, the reasoning here is that, from a strictly technical standpoint, the data displays that only leucine and those other amino acids structurally related to leucine are responsible for the increase in mTOR commonly associated with BCAA supplementation.

By increasing the “normal” ratio of leucine to the other two branched chain amino acids, we ensure two things:

Double & mega dosing are unnecessary, as we have already doubled the component that is primarily responsible for the protein turnover and synthesis increases we see with BCAAs.

Competitive metabolism between the amino acids will not lower leucine levels to the point that it is unable to regulate mTOR.

Simply put, a 2:1:1 or 4:1:1 bias, while effective, is by no means optimal for mTOR signaling pathway activation, and an increase in protein synthesis associated with it.

This particular product consists of a glutamine dipeptide (L-alanyl-L-glutamine), which is more stable and far more water soluble than regular L-glutamine.

These physicochemical properties alone may provide greater effectiveness as compared to l-glutamine. However, the presence of a unique intestinal transporter for the dipeptide may also allow for an increased amount of glutamine to reach the bloodstream and into skeletal muscle as compared to regular free L-glutamine.

These notions are supported by the higher glutamine concentrations in plasma and skeletal muscle of animal models administered alanyl-glutamine, as compared to those observed with free L-glutamine .

Hope that helps my friend.
Word. Never looked into the product before, but I see where you are coming from. Thanks!

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Orange was my favorite, I'd mix it with my gallon jug of sugar free tang. Was reeeallly good then.
Thanks, I ended up getting orange. It tastes good and mixes well with other suppliments.

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards

I love Xtend...its a good bcaa powder supplement. You can take it as directed or whenever really. I used it to refresh my water from always using crystal light and it was a good switch. The only problem is i dont care for the price...especially if you use it more frequently than others. Look into Muscle Gauge Nutrition's Extended. It comes in a tart lemonade flavor and is very affordable. Go to MGN store dot com.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner