Best workout for running and conditioning training

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Chaps,

Views on best pre-workout for middle distance running and conditioning training that is also low stim. I have a 5k race coming up and would like something to help improve my performance.

Thanks,

S.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Sorry should have made it clear. I'm looking for a pre-workout or something similiar.....

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
For a 5k, look into Purus Condense + SNS Citrulline Malate or MAN Body Octane + SNS Creatinol-o-phosphate

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
What about protocol?
While BCAAs would indeed help, it would be in an anti-catabolic contributing fashion. Coopers advise was more geared towards your performance, since adding nitrates, vasodilating supplements and endurance enhancers has high benefits for both aerobic and anaerobic conditions.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Protocol + SNS Citrulline Malate/Body Octane

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Celorza

Celorza

Awards
jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Look into Drive from Applied Nutriceuticals also. It is also a very good supplement for endurance.

jdg76
Team APPNUT

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys....can't find condense in the UK so wil lhave to be octane and Creatinol-o-phosphate

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Thanks guys....can't find condense in the UK so wil lhave to be octane and Creatinol-o-phosphate
Great choice, look for APS Creatine Nitrate, might have some luck finding it there then!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Condense is here, SAN CM2 Nitrate is here and Yok3d is here.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
My unit makes us ran a 5k at the end of each month. id rather have my nuts kicked repeatedly. I take low dose pre's prior tp my runs

half a dose of RPM

or ErgoPump by ergogenix, I am a huge fan of CM and it plays a big role in end. Like coops said SNS CM is a great addition. Anywho I went from running a 30 min 5k down to about 25 this yr. which for me is enormous considering I run very rarely during the week. I also use these aforementioned products when I go surfing which typically lasts 4 ish hours or until i get hungry as hell

good luck with your training and let us know what you used. Im always up for changes as well

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldnt take Drive but thats just me. Ive taken it numerous times and experienced nothing but increased libido. and I agree with cooper69

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
My unit makes us ran a 5k at the end of each month. id rather have my nuts kicked repeatedly. I take low dose pre's prior tp my runs

half a dose of RPM

or ErgoPump by ergogenix, I am a huge fan of CM and it plays a big role in end. Like coops said SNS CM is a great addition. Anywho I went from running a 30 min 5k down to about 25 this yr. which for me is enormous considering I run very rarely during the week. I also use these aforementioned products when I go surfing which typically lasts 4 ish hours or until i get hungry as hell

good luck with your training and let us know what you used. Im always up for changes as well
Yeah...I haven't ran in a long long time and slowly worked up to 10k at a slow pace, but recently decided to enter a 5k race. However last week I was forced to learn that being able to run a slowish 10k doesn't mean you can run a quick 5k, even though it's only half the distance! I'm trying to go sub-25 minutes for the 5k. It's going to be painful!

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I like to just take Caffein(100mg)+Green tea pills before running, keep it simple. I'm doing 5k in under 22min, under 2omin when in "shape".

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt take Drive but thats just me. Ive taken it numerous times and experienced nothing but increased libido. and I agree with cooper69

That's strange. I guess there is non responders to it, but most of the people I have talked to that have ran it have really praised the endurance side of Drive.

Loudy Rowdy

Loudy Rowdy

Awards
I would look into something that has CoP and Citrulline Malate...off the top of my head cant think of a "low stim" preworkout/product that contains those ingredients

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
BA, CM, ALCAR, BETAINE, low stim

A good stack would be
Stim free focus XT
Condense
citrulline + COP

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Have anybody tried Compete from iForce? The profile looks pretty good.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
As mentioned above by a few posters, Citrulline Malate works very well for endurance. I use 8 grams pre-workout and it definitely helps minimize fatigue. Two other supps I have used before and have found work well for eudrance/cardio have been Icariin and Cordyceps. The key with Icariin and Cordyceps is finding good high quality extracts and dialing in the correct dose for your particular needs.

zv3

zv3

Awards
Sir, you def want to use Cordygen 5 or similar Cordygen product without a doubt. This will reduce fatigue, increase your "wind" or breathing capacity and should make the run far less stressful and tiring on your system. Runners apparently have been using this for some time with great success. I hate to run but using this product actually makes jogging, dare I say, FUN! This product worked from day one for me and works so
well that I run far longer that I schedule.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Since I started on this forum, I have not had 1 day without MST's cordygen whether it be c5, citruvol, cre02, or v02 ultra, I have used every single day.

Tremendous products

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Have anybody tried Compete from iForce? The profile looks pretty good.
definitely a solid option. it's a great option for any endurance athletes/training, crossfit, weight training, you name it. 2 forms of carnitine, aminos from whey hydrolysate, properly dosed electrolytes. plus the flavors are awesome too :D

taggs

Awards
Hi Saggy

I’m an ultra distance runner, don’t know much about the supplements you bb guy’s use but have some knowledge with regards to running.

For the distance you are running most of us would just ensure we have eaten some simple carbs about an hour or so before, I just have a couple pieces of toast. The most popular way of getting a little bit of a lift is caffeine taken about five minutes before the race in gel or liquid form.

I know this may not sound the most high tec way of fuelling but it’s still the most popular even when a race may cover several days there’s not a great deal off supplement use, it’s really all about trying to keep as many carbs in the body as possible.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Betaine anhydrous
Citrulline malate
Cop
Beets and Beet root juice for nitrates. Eat more spinach.
Condense
Beta alanine

- Valdez

boogyman

Awards
I second MST's codygen products. I've only used Cordygen5, its an amazing product. Its really cheap right now on NP too, I'm not doing any conditioning until late winter/early spring, but I am going to pick up 2-3 bottles next order to stock up just because of the low price.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

half a dose of RPM

What unit? I feel your pain brother, we rock a 4.9 miler every Monday and Friday. Ruck run that b!tch on Thursday too!