Squirts

redms

redms

Awards
Just got two tubs of formula x started Monday and about 1 hour after I take it I'm running to the toilet. What I can't work out is that I've had all of the ingredients before in other products. Anyone know what it could be.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You must be sensitive to DAA

Try dividing the dose up as much as you can...2 times at least per day

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Some users can't tolerate bulk DAA. For that, we have sodium-DAA (SNS brand) or chelated (testforce 2).

Greenhulk

Awards
I am currently taking Formula-X too and I am having exactly the same problem even though I have had BCAAs and bulk DAA (mixed it myself with sodium bicarbonate for better solubility) before. Don't know whether the other components (L-carnitine-L-tartrate and N-acetyltyrosine) could be a problem or whether it is the combination of BCAAs and DAA that is too much for my guts.

Greenhulk

Awards
What has helped me a bit with this problem although not completely eliminated it was drinking it over the day and not taking it at once. So, I took it to work and was sipping on it all day long.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I am currently taking Formula-X too and I am having exactly the same problem even though I have had BCAAs and bulk DAA (mixed it myself with sodium bicarbonate for better solubility) before. Don't know whether the other components (L-carnitine-L-tartrate and N-acetyltyrosine) could be a problem or whether it is the combination of BCAAs and DAA that is too much for my guts.
DAA and BCAAs have different solubilities (aliphatic vs acidic side chains). So finding a happy medium is a tough task in and of itself

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
What has helped me a bit with this problem although not completely eliminated it was drinking it over the day and not taking it at once. So, I took it to work and was sipping on it all day long.
This eliminates the merit of all ingredients except DAA :(

Greenhulk

Awards
This eliminates the merit of all ingredients except DAA :(
Well, that is true. For me, that means I won't buy Formula-X again but a different DAA supplement and I will use BCAAs separately as I did before.

princevince

Awards
  • Established
Just got two tubs of formula x started Monday and about 1 hour after I take it I'm running to the toilet. What I can't work out is that I've had all of the ingredients before in other products. Anyone know what it could be.[/QUOT

don't know what it can be but i had the exact same experience through-out entire tub.

Greenhulk

Awards
DAA and BCAAs have different solubilities (aliphatic vs acidic side chains). So finding a happy medium is a tough task in and of itself
To make things clearer: I did *not* mix bulk DAA and BCAAs and the use sodium bicarbonate to increase the solubility. I just used the sodium bicarbonate with the DAA, which essentially results in sodium D-asparate.

I know that amino acids have different solubilities per se and different pH values at which they have their greatest solubility. Anyways, all BCAAs (which only have aliphatic side chains) have similar pKa values, so their optimal solubility is at similar pH values. And when I do use BCAAs separately, I generally use micronized BCAAs, which are supposed to have a better solubility than non-micronized BCAAs.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
To make things clearer: I did *not* mix bulk DAA and BCAAs and the use sodium bicarbonate to increase the solubility. I just used the sodium bicarbonate with the DAA, which essentially results in sodium D-asparate.I know that amino acids have different solubilities per se and different pH values at which they have their greatest solubility. Anyways, all BCAAs (which only have aliphatic side chains) have similar pKa values, so their optimal solubility is at similar pH values. And when I do use BCAAs separately, I generally use micronized BCAAs, which are supposed to have a better solubility than non-micronized BCAAs.
Ah ok, that's a little more logical then :D.

redms

redms

Awards
Thanks for all the input. I'm glad I wasn't the only one having this problem. The last DAA was SS caps and was spread out over the day. If I was to do this with formula x would this make the other ingredients redundant. Cheers

Greenhulk

Awards
Thanks for all the input. I'm glad I wasn't the only one having this problem. The last DAA was SS caps and was spread out over the day. If I was to do this with formula x would this make the other ingredients redundant. Cheers
Like mr.cooper69 already said - spreading it out over the day would eliminate - or I would say at least dimininish - the merit of all ingredients except DAA.

N-acetyl-tyrosine is a more bioavailable form of tyrosine, and tyrosine is a precursor of dopamine and norepinephrine. So, it may improve mood and according to Athletix increases aggression. Therefore, on training days taking it before a workout would be best.

I don't believe in any form of carnitine being very helpful for fat loss but certain forms of carnitin definitely have their merit. L-carnitine-L-tartrate, for example, has been shown to improve recovery after workouts. Here, timing doesn't seem to be as important.

BCAAs should generally be taken pre- and/or post-workout because they are the most important amino acids in the induction of muscle protein synthesis (especially leucine). On a strict diet, they can also be taken during other times due to their anti-catabolic effect.

redms

redms

Awards
Like mr.cooper69 already said - spreading it out over the day would eliminate - or I would say at least dimininish - the merit of all ingredients except DAA.

N-acetyl-tyrosine is a more bioavailable form of tyrosine, and tyrosine is a precursor of dopamine and norepinephrine. So, it may improve mood and according to Athletix increases aggression. Therefore, on training days taking it before a workout would be best.

I don't believe in any form of carnitine being very helpful for fat loss but certain forms of carnitin definitely have their merit. L-carnitine-L-tartrate, for example, has been shown to improve recovery after workouts. Here, timing doesn't seem to be as important.

BCAAs should generally be taken pre- and/or post-workout because they are the most important amino acids in the induction of muscle protein synthesis (especially leucine). On a strict diet, they can also be taken during other times due to their anti-catabolic effect.
Thanks for the extra information.