Good mucuna pruriens powder?

Greenhulk

Awards
Can anyone recommend a good mucuna pruriens bulk powder (not supplements containing it or capsules, too expensive)?

I could easily find cheap 99% L-dopa isolated from mucuna pruriens but finding a mucuna pruriens bulk powder (standardized for a certain amount of L-dopa) seems to be difficult. The only bulk powders I found were available on ebay from sellers in India and I have no clue how good the quality is or whether they are standardized (I guess they aren't).

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Synthetic Supplements Dopadex is capsules, but priced very well!

$24.99 at NUtraplanet right now.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What Bolt said ^^^^

I've used the "parachute" technique with it, works rather well. I also do the same with yellow gold. There's a thread here with "how to parachute" if you can't find it or just wanna be lazy (hey it's day after turkey day, who isn't a little today?!?!) PM me and I'll walk you through it. Saves a ton $$ be capping.

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Can anyone recommend a good mucuna pruriens bulk powder (not supplements containing it or capsules, too expensive)?

I could easily find cheap 99% L-dopa isolated from mucuna pruriens but finding a mucuna pruriens bulk powder (standardized for a certain amount of L-dopa) seems to be difficult. The only bulk powders I found were available on ebay from sellers in India and I have no clue how good the quality is or whether they are standardized (I guess they aren't).
Understandably enough Id look into the NOW link. Personally Ive used their brand but bought high dose caps and just broke them open to add to my ornithine powder which i eventually mixed in a shake.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards

I used the NOW brand before for many different raw amino and herbs and am very pleased with their quality. You should definitely check out the link on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

hsk

Awards
  • Established
NOW brand is good quality. I went through 3-4 bottles when I first tried Mucuna Pruriens powder. Gave me a good idea of what to expect and it allowed me to adjust my dosage accordingly so that I could gauge my reaction. Next two Mucuna Pruriens products on my on my list to try are BPS Endosurge and Synthetic Supplements Dopadex.

Greenhulk

Awards
NOW brand is good quality. I went through 3-4 bottles when I first tried Mucuna Pruriens powder. Gave me a good idea of what to expect and it allowed me to adjust my dosage accordingly so that I could gauge my reaction. Next two Mucuna Pruriens products on my on my list to try are BPS Endosurge and Synthetic Supplements Dopadex.
I suppose you have to dose Dopadex very differently because it is essentially pure L-dopa isolated from Mucuna pruriens. The ingredient list says Mucuna Pruriens standarized to 98% L-DOPA. Actually, I wouldn't even call this Mucuna pruriens anymore.

Greenhulk

Awards
I think I'll give the NOW supplement a try - even though it is not a powder.

justkoda

Awards
Meridian Botanicals is a US vendor who has three different types of Mucuna pruriens bean powder as well as the actual beans themselves. I am a fan of the cocoa strain, which true to its name has a roasted chocolate taste & smell. Good choice with the raw powder, I take the Mucuna powder quite often and it is one of my favorite herbs. I have never got good effects from an extract, but maybe I am just spoiled.

link = hxxp://meridianbotanicals.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=240 (replace hxxp with http)

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the above mentioned. Quite frankly just look for a great price, or some promotions on nutraplanet.com.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Endosurge Turbo is out now ;)

Great sleep. Big wood. Fun times.

flamini

flamini

Awards
I know this sounds weird but lecheek nutrition AD-3 pct has 800 mg of the MP (velvet bean extract) at 90%pure l-dopa. That's a rather high and effective dose . NOW is only 15% pure I believe and lower mg as well

flamini

flamini

Awards
I suppose you have to dose Dopadex very differently because it is essentially pure L-dopa isolated from Mucuna pruriens. The ingredient list says Mucuna Pruriens standarized to 98% L-DOPA. Actually, I wouldn't even call this Mucuna pruriens anymore.
Definitely not! mucuna pruriens ( velvet bean extract) produces 3-7 % L-dopa. to get 99% pure ... Sounds synthetic to me . nothing herbal about that . Either may I'd say it's safe if used properly and if followed by the directions