Caffiene free Focus XT Crash

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I purchased some stim free Focus XT a few weeks back. I have used it probably about 4 different times. I definitely get some great focus out of it but an hour or so after the effects kick in I crash hard. I tried it with stims as well to see if it helped but I crash even harder. I feel exhausted and slightly nausiated the rest of the day and it sucks.

For those of you more experienced in nootropics any idea on what might be causing this? Does anyone have any suggestions that might help stop the crashing effect?

I love the Focus I get from it but its not worth the crash I get. If there was some way more experienced users know of to prevent this I would love to know as it would make this an awesome product.

Thanks for the help

domore

Awards
In for intelligent responses.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
To be honest, this really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Focus XT has SEVERAL full-dosed ingredients, so my concern is that interactions with other supplements may be causing issues. That, or you are hypersensitive to choline and need to lower the dose (with Hup A being at fault for that). What other supplements are you using?

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Right now I am only using Achilles (joint support) and basics. I have tried it by itself twice, once more with caffeine, and once again with a dose of clearshot. Also, once with Purus Labs Condense. I have crashed with everyone of the above combinations. The crash is worse when paired with stims. But no matter how I have taken it, I get about an hour of great focus and then can't stay awake to save my life. The crash also makes me feel slightly nauseated. I am not experienced with nootropics and I have read that some can have such crash like effects and that there are also ways to curb them. Coop I know you are an expert with this stuff so hopefully you can help.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I really hope there is something I can do because I would love to be able to have a good focus supplement without the use of Stims and the focus from this is good until I crash

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Hmm, can you describe the crash? Does it feel as if you are coming down from stimulants?

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hmm, can you describe the crash? Does it feel as if you are coming down from stimulants?
No its a little different. I never usually crash after taking stimulants unless you count a yawn here and there which is rare.

With the focus xt I usually just get extremely exhausted and fall asleep on my desk or wherever I am at for a bit. It literally takes everything I have not to pass out. Worst case scenario I get exhausted, slight headache, slight nauseated feeling.

It does feel similar to when I would take adderall for a few days straight for finals with little food or sleep. The feeling can last an hour or for the whole rest of the day.

It is really odd and I have no idea why its happening. I will take it again sometime when I am not busy and see what happens.

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Interesting, wonder what's causing your crash?? Hope you figure it out.

I'm about to try the reg Focus for the 1st time....

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Interesting...I had the opposite reaction when I used full dose for a couple of days. I struggled to sleep and every time I closed my eye I was almost dreaming before falling asleep if that makes sense. I think it was the increase in choline. I now take half a dose every other day and I'm fine...it also lasts longer.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I agree, doesn't make much sense. I would cut the dose in half and try from there.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have been slammed recently and didn't want to risk trying it and crashing in the middle of a busy day. I will try half a scoop soon and report back

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok guys, it has been awhile but I have some updates. I tried 1/2 a scoop this time and I felt nothing good or bad. Tried another scoop with 200mg caffiene (so the same as regular focus xt) preworkout. I felt great at first with good focus. Then halfway through my workout, I crashed again, got exhausted, yawning between sets, became completely unfocused/motivated, etc. I don't know what the deal is I seem to be the only person who reacts to it like this. I will be placing the remainder of the tub in the auction section for all you fans who want a good deal. Sorry SNS. Love your other products but something in this just doesn't react well with me.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Also, that last time I did not get the extreme crash nauseated feeling I reported earlier. Just tired but felt no other weird effects. That one time could have been do to the 1,3 and caffeine and clearshot along with focus xt being too much all at once. Who knows.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok guys, it has been awhile but I have some updates. I tried 1/2 a scoop this time and I felt nothing good or bad. Tried another scoop with 200mg caffiene (so the same as regular focus xt) preworkout. I felt great at first with good focus. Then halfway through my workout, I crashed again, got exhausted, yawning between sets, became completely unfocused/motivated, etc. I don't know what the deal is I seem to be the only person who reacts to it like this. I will be placing the remainder of the tub in the auction section for all you fans who want a good deal. Sorry SNS. Love your other products but something in this just doesn't react well with me.
Try 3/4's of a scoop:) you went full to half. Full being too much and half nothing, maybe 3/4 will be just right. Worth a shot

- Valdez

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Sorry it didn't work out for you man. This is the first case of a crash I've ever heard, and I still can't wrap my head around the cause. Unfortunately, nootropics are extremely user specific, and it seems like cholinergics may just not be for you :(.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Sorry it didn't work out for you man. This is the first case of a crash I've ever heard, and I still can't wrap my head around the cause. Unfortunately, nootropics are extremely user specific, and it seems like cholinergics may just not be for you :(.
First I hear of this too...and I actually thought Choline and Huperzine-A were dosed perfectly in FXT (at least in my case) to avoid any interactions like this :blink:. If you do try half a scoop let us know if you feel the same or better, like coop said, cholinergics might not be your thing?

ONtop888

Banned
Awards
I have the caffeine free Focus and I experience the same crash after a few hours. #yourenotalone

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah who knows like you said everything is so user specific. No worries it still seems to be a great product for most. Im going going to play around with a 3/4 dose to see what happens there.

First I hear of this too...and I actually thought Choline and Huperzine-A were dosed perfectly in FXT (at least in my case) to avoid any interactions like this :blink:. If you do try half a scoop let us know if you feel the same or better, like coop said, cholinergics might not be your thing?
Yeah I tried half a scoop with no effects and one scoop with increased focus but followed by a crash. Going to give 3/4 scoop a try. Thanks for the help guys I will report back

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
As I mentioned in my Auction thread, I was going to try Focus one last time at 3/4 of a dose. I left my tub open on the kitchen counter while I pissed and my dog knocked it off. This means several things:

1. I am no longer selling it as what is left is not enough to make the hassle of shipping etc. worth it
2. I will continue experimenting with it to see if I can find something that works for me
3. I now have the first pit bull to ever be able to perform advanced trig

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
lol

AvD

AvD

Awards
As I mentioned in my Auction thread, I was going to try Focus one last time at 3/4 of a dose. I left my tub open on the kitchen counter while I pissed and my dog knocked it off. This means several things:

1. I am no longer selling it as what is left is not enough to make the hassle of shipping etc. worth it
2. I will continue experimenting with it to see if I can find something that works for me
3. I now have the first pit bull to ever be able to perform advanced trig
smart_dog.jpg

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any update on the 3/4

- Valdez

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Not yet going to give it a try Thursday for my leg workout

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys I know this thread is old but I find myself facing a ton of learning and training for my new job in medicals sales. I have once again tried some Focux XT to see if I can find a dose that works right for this 8 hour segment of online training. This time I am trying 3/4 a scoop. I will keep yall updated for anyone who is still interested

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
More than 3/4 of a scoop and I Crash as well - my sweet spot is 1/2 scoop....and sipping it over about 1/2 hour or so. It works great like this and lasts twice as long.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
More than 3/4 of a scoop and I Crash as well - my sweet spot is 1/2 scoop....and sipping it over about 1/2 hour or so. It works great like this and lasts twice as long.
Thank you for the suggestion. 3/4 scoop gave me slight focus increase that was pretty brief as well as a more mild crash. Just got tired and out of it with a ton of yawning but nothing too bad. Maybe your suggestion of consuming it over an extended period will help. My fruit punch flavor is so artificial and chemical tasting that I usually just chug it

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
I noticed that If I take caff free FXT and I dont eat for a few hours, a terrible crash and brain fog follows. If i drink it with a meal I feel fine.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. Come to think of it, I have always taken it on an empty stomach so I will give this a shot

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A lot of people think that since its caffeine free it won't be as "stimulating". Quite the opposite is true if you're not accustomed to it or are sensitive to stims, it certainly can cause over stimulation. Nothing to worry about, it just takes a bit to harness the power that is Focus XT™

- Valdez

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
You probably have solid levels of aCH in the brain, too much choline can cause depressive energy.

TheFugitive

TheFugitive

Awards
OP, this is more common than you think. I've played with various doses of Choline and have experienced a few brain crashes myself

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
A lot of people think that since its caffeine free it won't be as "stimulating". Quite the opposite is true if you're not accustomed to it or are sensitive to stims, it certainly can cause over stimulation. Nothing to worry about, it just takes a bit to harness the power that is Focus XT™

- Valdez
Yeah but the thing is I don't notice much of an increase in focus. A slight amount, but nothing much.

You probably have solid levels of aCH in the brain, too much choline can cause depressive energy.
OP, this is more common than you think. I've played with various doses of Choline and have experienced a few brain crashes myself
Im thinking this is probably the culprit. I think supplementing any additional choline probably tips me over the edge and causes me to crash.

Thanks for all the help guys. I will probably just give this tub to a friend as it does not seem to benefit me.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah but the thing is I don't notice much of an increase in focus. A slight amount, but nothing much.

Im thinking this is probably the culprit. I think supplementing any additional choline probably tips me over the edge and causes me to crash.

Thanks for all the help guys. I will probably just give this tub to a friend as it does not seem to benefit me.
How many times have you tried it?

- Valdez

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To OP I think Coop is right with being hypersensitive to choline and the Hup A being at fault. I sampled CF focus XT a few times and then bought a bottle. After a few servings I experienced the same issues with this weird feeling of fatigue and nausea as well.

Interestingly enough I have also used the Stim version and never once felt those effects. To SNS reps, is there perhaps an added ingredient to the CF version then the stim version that would causes those issues?
Just the caffeine but the caffeine does seem to counter some of the crash effects that users report.

- Valdez

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
To OP I think Coop is right with being hypersensitive to choline and the Hup A being at fault. I sampled CF focus XT a few times and then bought a bottle. After a few servings I experienced the same issues with this weird feeling of fatigue and nausea as well.

Interestingly enough I have also used the Stim version and never once felt those effects. To SNS reps, is there perhaps an added ingredient to the CF version then the stim version that would causes those issues?
I think the only additional ingredient is 200mg of caffeine. I have tried taking it in conjunction with 200mg caffeine and it did not help anything.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
How many times have you tried it?

- Valdez
About 9 times. Different doses, with and without caffeine, 1,3, even ephedrine. Crash with all of them. 3/4 is the closest thing I have found to a sweet spot but I am kind of tired of experimenting with something where I know I will crash after.

I am very experienced with different stimulants but not so much nootropics besides some phenibut here and there. This was my first venture so I am not sure how the separate ingredients effect me yet. I am assuming it is the choline as everyone else has mentioned. I can't recall what other supplements I have tried with choline so I am not positive. I believe enhanced has choline in it as well but the yohimbe extract masked any other sides I would have noticed. Hypersensitive to anything yohimbe based

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
About 9 times. Different doses, with and without caffeine, 1,3, even ephedrine. Crash with all of them. 3/4 is the closest thing I have found to a sweet spot but I am kind of tired of experimenting with something where I know I will crash after.

I am very experienced with different stimulants but not so much nootropics besides some phenibut here and there. This was my first venture so I am not sure how the separate ingredients effect me yet. I am assuming it is the choline as everyone else has mentioned. I can't recall what other supplements I have tried with choline so I am not positive. I believe enhanced has choline in it as well but the yohimbe extract masked any other sides I would have noticed. Hypersensitive to anything yohimbe based
Lol A for effort! Thank you for giving it a try man!!

- Valdez

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I drink coffee all day caffeine doesn't effect me: /
Caffeine is like crack for me no joke lol!!! I take focus with caffeine and I get euphoric its crazy man
- Valdez

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Caffeine is like crack for me no joke lol!!! I take focus with caffeine and I get euphoric its crazy man
- Valdez
You smoking that crack pipe brah?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

bakerwil

Banned
Awards

Many folks report the same thing - including me. Anything more than 1/2 scoop and I just tanked my workout. I tried just about everything - CF focus XT is now something I use at work (1/4 scoop) when I need to host a meeting etc.. but it has no business in anything to do with my workouts. It's not the choline either, cause I take choline at similar doses and it does not bother me...