Mass gainer vs Whey?

MrChocoLate

MrChocoLate

Awards
I was talking with a friend and we had this question.What's your choose in bulking period?Mass gainer or whey and why's that?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
ahh..the old mass gainer vs whey debate....

this is all preference, neither is better, and use whichever fits your dietary goals/preferences best.

for many including myself, the more important thing to focus on here is --- real food.

MrChocoLate

MrChocoLate

Awards
Xmm yeah you are right. But i was thinking that whey protein may help you put more 'clean' kilos instead of mass gainer.And yy the food is the best anabolic for me too.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
again - preference issue you bring up.
sure, i agree with you - i do not use 'mass gainers', have no need for them, and usually they are cheaply made with substandard ingredients etc..
imo, whey powder is the only whey to go (sea what i did they're) and you can add your own quality carbs & fats from there = cheaper AND more effective and efficient.
but for some, a pre-made gainer is the way to go they feel, as it affords them convenience in time and effort, and may also help to aid in nutrition lapses from one who is lagging on basic nutritional understanding and direction.

MrChocoLate

MrChocoLate

Awards
Yy that's all true.Thx for your time my friend.

Daxter

Daxter

Awards
Both serve different purposes IMO. Bulking protein products are usually just fast digesting carbs and whey anyway, with some extra free-form amino acids, all of which is useful post workout as you need the fast carbs to spike insulin and replenish muscle glycogen. But if you are just trying to hit your macros by adding in a shake or two during the day, WPC and powdered oats will provide you with a much more sustained flow of nutrients.

By creating your own mix it allows you the flexibility to adjust to suit your goals, as the different types of whey have their own strengths, as do the different forms of carbs; same goes for casein. What's important is hitting your calorie requirement at the right macro ratio, keeping in mind that all of our bodies will react to certain foods differently; the key is finding what works for you.

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
Both serve different purposes IMO. Bulking protein products are usually just fast digesting carbs and whey anyway, with some extra free-form amino acids, all of which is useful post workout as you need the fast carbs to spike insulin and replenish muscle glycogen. But if you are just trying to hit your macros by adding in a shake or two during the day, WPC and powdered oats will provide you with a much more sustained flow of nutrients.

By creating your own mix it allows you the flexibility to adjust to suit your goals, as the different types of whey have their own strengths, as do the different forms of carbs; same goes for casein. What's important is hitting your calorie requirement at the right macro ratio, keeping in mind that all of our bodies will react to certain foods differently; the key is finding what works for you.
If you are looking for convenience you can by oat flour(make sure the ingredients say simply oats) and add those to your whey shakes, toss in some natty PB or flax oil, or mct oil or coconut oil and you have a shake that is better than 99% of the gainers out there.

MrChocoLate

MrChocoLate

Awards
If you are looking for convenience you can by oat flour(make sure the ingredients say simply oats) and add those to your whey shakes, toss in some natty PB or flax oil, or mct oil or coconut oil and you have a shake that is better than 99% of the gainers out there.
I tottaly agree with you.And i think that the weigh you put in with the help of mass gainer will be lost if you stop them.But with clean protein it will last longer cause it isnt useless sugar or something like this.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have never had a need for mass gainers. They scare me a little actually. haha! I do like to eat my calories.

MrChocoLate

MrChocoLate

Awards
So this issue i think will be never sold. Nevermind everyone of course can has its choose and opinion. :)