Amino and Glutamine

BigSmith93

BigSmith93

Awards
When is the best time to take amino acid and glutamine.?

linedriver465

linedriver465

Awards
No need to supplement additional glutamine. However, the N-Acetyl-L-Glutamine in Endurance BCAA plus by Formutech is more stable in water and metabolically efficient at delivering glutamine's biological effects over conventional Glutamine or Glutamine Peptides.

For amino acids, if training fasted, take ~10g BCAAs pre-workout
For BCAAs, the most popular option is intra-workout with some people taking it post workout

BigSmith93

BigSmith93

Awards
I agree. That's why I went with chewable amino by ON. But I still want that extra dose of glutamine. When would be the best time to take the glutamine.? Your help is appreciated.!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
No need to supplement additional glutamine. However, the N-Acetyl-L-Glutamine in Endurance BCAA plus by Formutech is more stable in water and metabolically efficient at delivering glutamine's biological effects over conventional Glutamine or Glutamine Peptides.For amino acids, if training fasted, take ~10g BCAAs pre-workoutFor BCAAs, the most popular option is intra-workout with some people taking it post workout
No need to supplement glutamine OR NAG.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I agree. That's why I went with chewable amino by ON. But I still want that extra dose of glutamine. When would be the best time to take the glutamine.? Your help is appreciated.!
why do feel the need for extra glutamine? personally ive never felt the benefit of it, but pre/post would be the rec time frame. if you do feel the need for extra supplementation then feel free to look at our product line.

flaboy727

flaboy727

Awards
Personally I add 5g to my post workout drink and I take another 5g right before bed glutamine is more effective when you sleep, your muscles are relaxed and are in recovery mode thus glutamine will be absorbed into the muscle not to mention you will be surprised about the health benefits of glutamine

BigSmith93

BigSmith93

Awards
Well my aminos are chewable and my glutamine a are pill form.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Personally I add 5g to my post workout drink and I take another 5g right before bed glutamine is more effective when you sleep, your muscles are relaxed and are in recovery mode thus glutamine will be absorbed into the muscle not to mention you will be surprised about the health benefits of glutamine
This is a load

flaboy727

flaboy727

Awards
That was my respectful way of saying you are completely incorrect.
Lol do your research buddy or are you one of those guys that has to be right? And your theory is no glutamine no amino just protein protein and some more protein

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Lol do your research buddy or are you one of those guys that has to be right? And your theory is no glutamine no amino just protein protein and some more protein
I feel sorry for you if your conclusion after "doing research" was that glutamine is a worthwhile supplement for bodybuilders. Your post(s) were not even worth responding to, but out of genuine pity for your wallet and mindset, I've taken the time to point you in the direction of the "research":

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/194027-should-i-take.html#post3237226

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Lol.. trust me when I say you don't want a glutamine debate with Coop.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
This is a load
False there is no "load" for glutamine it is recommended to take 10-15 grams a day
this was fun.

uh oh.

yeah Coop - go do your research d00d.

:study: :stick:

flaboy727

flaboy727

Awards
Lol good research there. it's a matter of preference if some is trying to stay natural then glutamine is a good supplement try doing research else were off this forum and many people will stand behind the product

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subd to watch coop knock this guy off his glutamine pedestal.

flaboy727

flaboy727

Awards
Subd to watch coop knock this guy off his glutamine pedestal.
Not on a glutamine pedestal I'm simply stating facts just because he doesn't agree with glutamine doesn't mean I am wrong in what I'm stating

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Not on a glutamine pedestal I'm simply stating facts just because he doesn't agree with glutamine doesn't mean I am wrong in what I'm stating
but you are.
glutamine will do absolutely nothing to help you grow muscle.
zip. zilch. nada.

does that mean it has no use? no.
it just means that, for the bodybuilder and his (usual) goals, glutamine is not a product that should be touted as "must have".

flaboy727

flaboy727

Awards
but you are.
glutamine will do absolutely nothing to help you grow muscle.
zip. zilch. nada.

does that mean it has no use? no.
it just means that, for the bodybuilder and his (usual) goals, glutamine is not a product that should be touted as "must have".
I never said it was a must have... Read the first post he simply asked when should be take it and I gave him so background information on it and you were quick to say I'm un informed

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
eish. :boggled:

look bud - in whatever context you want to put it, your post here:

was called out by someone else, and i do agree with the calling out.
glutamine absorbed better when you sleep? no.

and if you are taking 10g daily, and splitting it into such structured timed doses, with the errant belief that you have about effectiveness....
i would almost say that qualifies as saying it's a "must have", wouldn't you?

i'm not say your not informed man. i'm just saying you're misinformed. ;)

in any event, i'm not looking for an argument.

but, i'll say it again: glutamine for bb'ing purposes is worthless, a waste of money.

flaboy727

flaboy727

Awards
I don't want another argument either but me saying what I said doesn't mean i think it's that important to have I was simply answering his question. Is that not what we are suppose to do on this website? Normally I like this website but with all his Internet friends coming in here and supporting his OPINION then this is just like bb.com forum. Glutamine is a controversy supplement either you support or you don't

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
... psh i use glutamine 5g post workout.. but only because id had it in on the back of my shelf collecting dust :D

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I don't want another argument either but me saying what I said doesn't mean i think it's that important to have I was simply answering his question. Is that not what we are suppose to do on this website? Normally I like this website but with all his Internet friends coming in here and supporting his OPINION then this is just like bb.com forum. Glutamine is a controversy supplement either you support or you don't
thats only because mot of us agree with his statement, and theres no comparison with bb.com

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thank you snagency for saving me some precious time. Back to studying :D

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
What "opinion" did I post? Are 10+ peer-reviewed studies now considered my opinion? The color of the sky is blue. Is that my opinion? Your rep power is now in the red. Is that also opinion?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What "opinion" did I post? Are 10+ peer-reviewed studies now considered my opinion? The color of the sky is blue. Is that my opinion? Your rep power is now in the red. Is that also opinion?
This made me lol.

BigSmith93

BigSmith93

Awards
Woah. Didn't mean all the trouble folks. Just unsure and trying new things and asked for help from yal boys who know supplements well. I've always been a whey ISO and pre workout supplement guy. I'm new to all this other stuff. Didn't wanna cause an argument.!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Woah. Didn't mean all the trouble folks. Just unsure and trying new things and asked for help from yal boys who know supplements well. I've always been a whey ISO and pre workout supplement guy. I'm new to all this other stuff. Didn't wanna cause an argument.!
No problem man, and no argument. I was just trying to save new, impressionable posters (such as yourself) from wasting money :)

rockme

rockme

Awards
Any truth to glutamine being able to stabilize blood sugar and suppress appetite? Read that a long time ago. FYI I don't take glutamine