Mass Gainers

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Looking to add a mild weight gainer, maybe 500 Calories or so to my regime as I have trouble eating alot of healthy calories. One friend recommended Iso Mass or Carnivor Mass.

Looking for something easy on the stomach.

Any recommendations?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
why not some waxy maize post workout with your protein? carb slam, glycomaize

I don't think any weight gainers are easy on the stomach

grandroid828

Awards
why not some waxy maize post workout with your protein? carb slam, glycomaize

I don't think any weight gainers are easy on the stomach
This^^^ waxy maize would be perfect. 2 scoops would roughly be another 3-400 cal and 100g complex carbs. But no fat and as clean as u can get. And very cheap!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I like this thank you but I am also thinking mid morning snack type of thing

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Looking to add a mild weight gainer, maybe 500 Calories or so to my regime as I have trouble eating alot of healthy calories. One friend recommended Iso Mass or Carnivor Mass.

Looking for something easy on the stomach.

Any recommendations?

yeah make your own

buy a bunch of whey protein.

for smoothy:

1banana
25-50g oats
75-100g whey
handfull frozen berries.
3tbs peanutbutter
fill with water or milk and blend.

lots of cals, 300cal JUST from the peanutbutter lol

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
yeah make your ownbuy a bunch of whey protein.for smoothy:1banana25-50g oats75-100g wheyhandfull frozen berries.3tbs peanutbutterfill with water or milk and blend.lots of cals, 300cal JUST from the peanutbutter lol
Dang, this sounds awesome.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
cooked sweet potato, vanilla protein, vanilla extract and cinnamon. add milk and blend

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i know people on here kill typical weight gainer products, and i completely understand why. but for the people out there who dont have the time to cook or just dont understand the concept of how much you really have to eat and just want more weight on them, i think they can be a good thing. I use Dymatize Super Mass Gainer but I only use 1 scoop which is about 600 cals, 115 g of carbs and 24g of protein (somewhere around there). I mix that with raw oats, 1 banana, a few blue berries, EVOO, whole milk, and ice cream or greek yogurt depending on what I have. I used to make my own weight gainer, but i always like to buy this certain product once in a while and compare my results. I personally love it because i dont hold fat at all and i eat around 4500 cals and have a hard time putting on weight. I like to gain fat in the offseason, it gives me strength. all said and done, they arent for everybody, but they do have there place. just dont rely on them and its always best to make your own

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Time is no excuse. Whole milk is arguably the best food product available for gaining quality weight. One small cup has 150 calories, quality protein, fats that effectively serve as testosterone precursors, low GI sugars, micronutrients, and growth factors.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Time is no excuse. Whole milk is arguably the best food product available for gaining quality weight. One small cup has 150 calories, quality protein, fats that effectively serve as testosterone precursors, low GI sugars, micronutrients, and growth factors.
how can you tell me time is no excuse when you dont know everybody's personal situation? some people its time, others its there financial status. sure you can drink whole milk with every meal, but cooking eggs, steak, chicken...etc every day can be expensive and time consuming for some.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
and i agree most of the time you can manage your time differently to fit it in, but some people dont want to do that

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
how can you tell me time is no excuse when you dont know everybody's personal situation? some people its time, others its there financial status. sure you can drink whole milk with every meal, but cooking eggs, steak, chicken...etc every day can be expensive and time consuming for some.
I just told you how time is no excuse. All you have to do is drink milk. That would theoretically take LESS time than pouring and mixing one of your gainers. Calorie for calorie, milk is cheaper too

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just told you how time is no excuse. All you have to do is drink milk. That would theoretically take LESS time than pouring and mixing one of your gainers. Calorie for calorie, milk is cheaper too
milk isnt the only component of a bulking diet.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
as far as time goes, 1 glass of milk does not = 1 shake if your counting cals, protein...etc

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Both of the above posts don't make sense or have any relevance to this discussion. I don't have time for semantics.

No, obviously milk is not the only component of a bulking diet. The OP wants something to bump him up about 500 calories. That's 3 cups of milk. Understand?

The second post doesn't make sense. You somehow correlated time with macronutrients. Anyway, sleep time.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
No arguing boys:) there are some good suggestions from all people on here

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
GOMAD ftw!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Both of the above posts don't make sense or have any relevance to this discussion. I don't have time for semantics.

No, obviously milk is not the only component of a bulking diet. The OP wants something to bump him up about 500 calories. That's 3 cups of milk. Understand?

The second post doesn't make sense. You somehow correlated time with macronutrients. Anyway, sleep time.

we are arguing on two totally different points in which you seem to not understand

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
A lot of people are against milk, this is good to hear.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
A lot of people are against milk, this is good to hear.
Well some people are lactose intolerant and can't handle large amounts of milk and in some cases none. I like almond milk though. Doesn't taste good but its good for you

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
A lot of people are against milk, this is
good to hear.

Ding ding. I am mildly lactose intolerant and would love to add a few cups if milk to my diet but can't. So to hijack my own thread anyone use almond milk or something similar in their shakes?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ding ding. I am mildly lactose intolerant and would love to add a few cups if milk to my diet but can't. So to hijack my own thread anyone use almond milk or something similar in their shakes?
my mom loves almond milk. you can always use water but i hate the taste of water in my shakes but you gotta do what you gotta do ya know

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
my mom loves almond milk. you can always use water but i hate the taste of water in my shakes but you gotta do what you gotta do ya know
i use almond milk all the time

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i use almond milk all the time
i wasnt trying to be sarcastic. I like almond milk and i was stating my mom uses it with her shakes. sorry if it sounded like i was saying "only chicks drink almond milk" lol

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
If money is of the issue then why suggest an expensive weight gainer as the solution? Most cost alot more than if you were to make it yourself (i.e. as suggested above) and that takes little time to prepare + you can prepare alot at one time.

Dare I say weight gainers CAN have their place but should only be used to complement not replace proper foods..

Whole milk + ultra skim milk imo is the ****. Get saturated fats from the whole milk + 11.4 g of protein per 200ml (boosted with calcium and vit D) from the skim milk (which has more protein due to the reduce fat content). As the OP is mildly lactose intolerant this solution doesnt apply but this is a much cheaper alternative than a weight gainer. IMO anyway.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If money is of the issue then why suggest an expensive weight gainer as the solution? Most cost alot more than if you were to make it yourself (i.e. as suggested above) and that takes little time to prepare + you can prepare alot at one time.

Dare I say weight gainers CAN have their place but should only be used to complement not replace proper foods..

Whole milk + ultra skim milk imo is the ****. Get saturated fats from the whole milk + 11.4 g of protein per 200ml (boosted with calcium and vit D) from the skim milk (which has more protein due to the reduce fat content). As the OP is mildly lactose intolerant this solution doesnt apply but this is a much cheaper alternative than a weight gainer. IMO anyway.

i agree 100%. mine is $30 at the place i shop and lasts me a little over a month (like 34 days or so). but some people dont have time to cook all this food in bulk and just want a quick shake.

grandroid828

Awards
i agree 100%. mine is $30 at the place i shop and lasts me a little over a month (like 34 days or so). but some people dont have time to cook all this food in bulk and just want a quick shake.
Damn where do u shop! Lol thats killer cheap

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thats not too bad cost-wise, depending on how much servings you get. Where i am a weight gainer costs double that hence my vendetta on them. In the wrong country for supps im afraid haha

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i used to use cytogainer all the time. now i use basic whey, myofusion, with pb and fruit.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i use dymatize elite mass but one of the major online supplement stores has their warehouse 5 minutes from my house and i have a friend who works there. has about 16 servings (2 scoops) but i only use 1 scoop and i add alot of my own stuff into the shake to get the most out of it

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
cytogainer doesn't taste half bad actually, forgot about that stuff

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
What's $30?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dyamitize elite mass. at most places its 37

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I've tried a few, don't mess with too many now. Home made ones are pretty easy to make, just a bitch to clean the blender.
I've used Real Gains, Up Your Mass, & Serious Mass. Serious Mass tasted pretty good but 250g of carbs!
Been wanting to try Carnivor Mass, but don't think I'll be messing with too many gainer shakes too often in the future. We shall see.

rockme

rockme

Awards
Make your own gainer bro. These off the shelf ones are all sugar laden with some marginally better than others. Just load the blender with skim milk, oats, cottage cheese, and almond butter. Weigh out the ingredients so you know it's a 500 cal shake. You will get wayyyy better results doing this instead of some hokey mass produced gainer

rockme

rockme

Awards
Agreed. If you are in this game then you know nutrition is key, and time must be alloted, otherwise you short change yourself on gains

newbreed

Awards
Make your own gainer bro. These off the shelf ones are all sugar laden with some marginally better than others. Just load the blender with skim milk, oats, cottage cheese, and almond butter. Weigh out the ingredients so you know it's a 500 cal shake. You will get wayyyy better results doing this instead of some hokey mass produced gainer
That's the way I have done it for years. It's cheaper too

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
cooked sweet potato, vanilla protein, vanilla extract and cinnamon. add milk and blend
NEVER thought of that. may have to try it out. sounds interesting!

newbreed

Awards
Cooked sweet potato, couple dashes of cinnamon, plain greek yogurt, 1 scoop of vanilla protein. Love it. Get good carbs, protein, and some probiotics

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Cooked sweet potato, couple dashes of cinnamon, plain greek yogurt, 1 scoop of vanilla protein. Love it. Get good carbs, protein, and some probiotics
Sounds good.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since I am bulking but prone to gaining fat, carb sensitive.. I use a ton of cottage cheese. I use skim milk, maybe ill switch to 2%. Been looking for a way to increase fat intake but never thought of this.. stupid stupid lol

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Since I am bulking but prone to gaining fat, carb sensitive.. I use a ton of cottage cheese. I use skim milk, maybe ill switch to 2%. Been looking for a way to increase fat intake but never thought of this.. stupid stupid lol
Do it; mix with ultra skim (high protein) for a low budget, low carb fat shake. I add it ground almonds, Coconut oil, Olive oil, Pb and cinnamon for flavour. Fatty shakes haha.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the great feedback. I icked up some waxy maize and am trying some beef protein, 2 scoops of each. 2nd day and like the blend alot. 500 calories, dont feel bloatedetc etc

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I picked up some dynamatize elite mass...

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
bump

retroscapers

retroscapers

Awards
  • Established
I like Up Your Mass. It has a good profile I think. Plus, cinnabun is the best damn tasting gainer.

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
I like Up Your Mass. It has a good profile I think. Plus, cinnabun is the best damn tasting gainer.
That's what I was looking at..might pick up a few 5 lb tubs. Holding out until I find a good deal

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Good taste & carbs, but the protein source is... Eh...

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
Good taste & carbs, but the protein source is... Eh...
Ya I'm not that afraid of soy, it's not like ill be taking in a ton of it a day and prob 95% of my protein will be coming from whole foods

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
musclemaker Company Promotions 3
louis19 Weight Loss 9
riseabove5 Bulking 18
dmax79 Natural Bodybuilding 17
rojasdave Supplements 7