Question on BCAAs - RecoverPRO

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I have a question on BCAAs, I understand that they are amino acids and essential nutrients that you put into your body but are they really worth it? Do they actually aid in recovery. And when do you take them and why? I heard intra workout to have free floating amino acids during intense sessions and some people say post workout. CAn I get some input here. Thanks! I actually have a 30% off coupon for AI and wanted to get some recover pro (125 servings for 45 $ :O ) so I wanted to know if it would even be worth it.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Take them pre or post workout in a single bolus. I personally don't think they're worth it unless you train fasted.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Depends on goals, training style, nutritional status, etc., but I am a big fan of dosing Leucine pre and post workout. So that would be your best bet IMO.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Take them pre or post workout in a single bolus. I personally don't think they're worth it unless you train fasted.
Doesn't the leucine positively affect protein synthesis?

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I moved away from bcaa and just been using sns bulk leucine in focusBetter tasting bcaa drink

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Doesn't the leucine positively affect protein synthesis?
Yes, but the latency of the spike is lower than whole protein. Leucine can definitely be effectively used in a regimen, but you'd need just that: a regimen. Many people don't have the time or dedication to do that

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
fasted training is when i use them, pre and post.....i also find them useful on a low calorie deficient

linedriver465

linedriver465

Awards
Agreed - BCAAs pre and intra workout when I train fasted. I also drink them intra during my regular training sessions, but like most have said, it's not going to make or break you.

fit4me

fit4me

Awards
Personally I dont care for the AI product line. I would think you could get the same (or cheaper) price on bb.com and shipping is nearly overnight.

The BCAAs are something I use for recovery and I would suggest using them if you are doing a lot of tough workouts

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Personally I dont care for the AI product line. I would think you could get the same (or cheaper) price on bb.com and shipping is nearly overnight.

The BCAAs are something I use for recovery and I would suggest using them if you are doing a lot of tough workouts
Lol at "cheaper on bb.com"

I just use BCAAs to flavor my water, I toss a few scoops in my gallon and drink it through the day.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hm thanks for the replies fellas. Guess Ill save my money for something worth while.... like chicken ;D

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hm thanks for the replies fellas. Guess Ill save my money for something worth while.... like chicken ;D
They aren't expensive. Bulk modern is cheap and makes for some good flavored water.

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do intermittent fasting and with 4 scoops of recoverpro (I have 1-3 hours of school before training) I not only feel less hungry but I honestly think it helps my recovery. If you eat like everyone else it's just fancy koolaid, they have what I'll call situational value.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
fasted training is when i use them, pre and post.....i also find them useful on a low calorie deficient
This is how I like them too. I like AI RecoverPro, especially their Red Raspberry. My favorite is Axis Labs N'Gage, tastes excellent and no floating aminos. I just ordered my first SNS straight Leucine tub so we'll see how that goes.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do intermittent fasting and with 4 scoops of recoverpro (I have 1-3 hours of school before training) I not only feel less hungry but I honestly think it helps my recovery. If you eat like everyone else it's just fancy koolaid, they have what I'll call situational value.
EAting? Whats that? hehe. Yeah I was just curious if BCAAs would make a huge difference, but apparently only if training fasted or on a calorie deficeit. Thanks Jim, ill pick some of that ModernBCAA up once I start cutting in a couple of months. Thanks guys :D