PHs vs EC stack

Joregorn

Awards
Gonna be starting a cut in Janurary, but I would like to have some assit during this. I am thinks about running either EC stack never tried or a PH have done one in the past. What are some good PHs for cutting and will it out preform the EC stack that people seem to love. Also which on would you consider safer?
Thanks,
Joregorn

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Gonna be starting a cut in Janurary, but I would like to have some assit during this. I am thinks about running either EC stack never tried or a PH have done one in the past. What are some good PHs for cutting and will it out preform the EC stack that people seem to love. Also which on would you consider safer?
Thanks,
Joregorn
Can you give a little more info about yourself and experience with PHs. Also, what PHs are you thinking of using? In general I would pick the EC stack, but there are exceptions.

Joregorn

Awards
currently about 205 17-18% BF currently adding on lean mass went from 320 to 200 about a year and half ago now adding some mass so that i will look good after my cut. I ran Finaflex 550xd for around 6 weeks didnt do jack ****. Had a decent diet, but now I have a great one weigh all my food etc.. Hopefully wanna be around 13-14% maybe less in Late march for SB...

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
In my experience a ph doesn't add much to losing fat. It will however help preserve lean mass while cutting. EC is a thermogenic and will burn approx 200 kcal of energy, which equates to about 0.3lbs per week. This is not much when you have a lot of fat to lose, but makes a bigger difference the leaner you are.

I'd go ahead and do the EC, 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off and hold off on the ph for now. At your level of bf, there is not much risk of losing lean mass.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd save the power of anabolics for creating more muscle. Cutting is easy!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, I don't think either are needed for where you are at, but if you want to run one, go with the EC. Adding some Erase or Erase Pro with it would help as well.

neddo

neddo

Awards
In my experience a ph doesn't add much to losing fat. It will however help preserve lean mass while cutting. EC is a thermogenic and will burn approx 200 kcal of energy, which equates to about 0.3lbs per week. This is not much when you have a lot of fat to lose, but makes a bigger difference the leaner you are.

I'd go ahead and do the EC, 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off and hold off on the ph for now. At your level of bf, there is not much risk of losing lean mass.
Where did you glean this kcal allotment? Neither 200 kcals, nor 1400 kcals (assuming you meant a daily burn of 200 from EC), translate to 0.3lbs loss fwiw :eek:

And I would also promote a continual run; I've never heard of a split run as you've mentioned. No jimmies, just interested.

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
Where did you glean this kcal allotment? Neither 200 kcals, nor 1400 kcals (assuming you meant a daily burn of 200 from EC), translate to 0.3lbs loss fwiw :eek:

And I would also promote a continual run; I've never heard of a split run as you've mentioned. No jimmies, just interested.
200 kcal / day from the EC. 1,400/3,600 = 0.39 so maybe closer 0.4lbs per week. Don't remember where I read that estimate. It seems pretty accurate from my experience with EC.

Coop, always looking for better info. No ego here so if this is wrong, please correct.