Mass Supplements (non-hormonal)

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So, what mass-building supplements are there available, and which have folks had success with?

This is sort of a rhetorical question, because there is a dearth of compounds, let alone products, out there that help.

So, I was really hoping just to start a dialogue, to see what folks use.

In terms of products, you have 376 different types of creatine, an ever growing number of NO2 products, and now Ad-energy, which I hope everyone realizes is bunk.

So is there anything else useful in theory, or in practice? (Please don't say things like protein, or food).

If there is interest in this topic, I will add my two cents later.

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
CEE is supposed to be the best form of creatine and apperently really helps build muscle, not just retain water.

I have tried numerous NO products, mostly on sub calorie diet or CKD, the best one i actually used that helped me gain a ton o strength was NO-XS by higher power, i was also on creatine mono at the same time

Satur8 is OK, good for cardio more than strength i think though

never tried swole

When i first started working out i took a bunch of tribulus and i seemed to get stronger really fast..
but that was when i didnt know what the hell i was doing so..

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Creatine made me bloated and gave me the poopers at times... No sides with CEE - I like it !!!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For some reason Ecdy was big for a moment then almost totally disappeared off the market. Don't know if I would classified it as a good mass builder.
Hey, Silver Surfer how are the "good" sides with CEE. Any noticable fullness and vascularity. For some reason the posts have slowed down to nill on CEE feedback at least on this board it seems.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I get decent fullness and vascularity but I only take it on workout days. I'm sure the results would be better if I took it twice a day every day... I'll be doing that regime sometime next month.

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
Product X by LG is the only other thing I can think of. Verdict is still out on that.

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone read any good reviews over Legal Gears product x?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Isn't there something like Ecdysterone that actually WORKS?
Yup. It's out there and it works, the dosing needs to be real high though, and it's still fairly expensive to get the proper dose. I've used it, am actually using it now, and it seems to be a good product, though like I said, expensive for the result. My guess is it would be best used by those who are eating massive amounts of protein, and I mean massive, as its main effect is on the ribosomes in your cells. The fact that it has no effect on natural hormone production is a big plus, and might make it best for use during the end of a cycle and through PCT to help maintain gains as your body gets back up to speed.

vafla

Awards
There are supplements which are anabolic in a roundabout way - quicker muscle recovery, greater CNS output, but I guess you werent refering to those.

For me, supplements that relax and allow proper rest are very important when bulking. in the summer melatonin is very helpfull. other than that I don;t have any personal feedback on direct mass building supplements to offer.

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There are supplements which are anabolic in a roundabout way - quicker muscle recovery, greater CNS output, but I guess you werent refering to those.

For me, supplements that relax and allow proper rest are very important when bulking. in the summer melatonin is very helpfull. other than that I don;t have any personal feedback on direct mass building supplements to offer.
I am open to hearing any suggestions.

For my money, I think the key is using things that will increase nutrient partitioning. Supplement timing is also a big part of it, because once you get past hormonal products there really is very little out there. Rather, you are left with subtle tweaking of various pathways.

Vendetta is a good product (by Xtreme Formulations). Its a pre workout drink with a combo of sugars and EFAs that increases workout productivity, endurance, and recovery. It also is backed by studies that show increased protein synthesis. I usually add to that ALA for it partitioning and antioxidant effects.

I also like have during and post workout things like high dose arginine (blood flow), and leucine (protein synthesis), along with ALA and of course whey.

Creatine doesn't do jack for me.

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have not tried it. In general, I loathe paying for supplements. ;)

Which are the better products? Maybe I'll have to give it a whirl.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have not tried it. In general, I loathe paying for supplements. ;)
Don't we all. Tis why I am starting my own supplement company for the Canadian marketplace :)

Which are the better products? Maybe I'll have to give it a whirl.
I have not tried it, yet. I will be giving it a good whirl in the new year though. Everything I have read thus far shows major promise.

Plus, it's dirt cheap. Can't really hurt to try in my opinion :)

donk

Awards
Vendetta is a good product (by Xtreme Formulations). Its a pre workout drink with a combo of sugars and EFAs that increases workout productivity, endurance, and recovery. It also is backed by studies that show increased protein synthesis. I usually add to that ALA for it partitioning and antioxidant effects
I would go with Nitrojet instead of Vendetta. 2 servings of nitrojet provide the same amount of EFAs plus you get other stuff like PS,betaine,akg,kre-alkalyn,hmb and more.
Its $25 for 35 servings vs $30 for 20 of vendetta. I just add my own dextrose and sucrose.

I was using vendetta before but the guys at avant suggested I switch and I am glad I did.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
V-12 is my favoirte. I'll probably give body octane (citruline malate) a try next because I've heard alot of good reviews on it.

Lanceromance

Awards
I've tried MBI'S Nitric Oxide liquidgels. Good results. I don't know what you're metabolism type is but try a good weightgainer or protein. These are the key foundations for growth.