Horny Goat Weed, GABA, Fenugreek, Magnesium, Long Jack, or Maca

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
If you had to pick only one of the following for mood enhancement, which would you go with and why:

Horny Goat Weed, GABA, Fenugreek, Magnesium, Long Jack, or Maca

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
Trib...

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
gaba dont even work.cant pass bbb. replace with phenibut and now we're talkin

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
Maca. Love the effects but really cannot stand the taste. Wish somebody would make a 1g capsule of this stuff.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Your feedback is always appreciate. Many different products out there to compare and always Ike hearing directly from those who have tried similar.
Bro, you have an unhealthy obsession with sexual enhancement. Perhaps see a physician...

Reactions: mw1
Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
I support your obsession.
I am the same way.

I have an order from Iherb that I`m waiting for:
NOW Maca 200g
Source Naturals Horny Goat Weed 1000mg 120 tabs
Action Labs LongJax 200:1
NOW Tribulus 1000 mg 90 tabs
AI Sports Testopro(Fenugreek included)

Unfortunately I have only used longjack and tribulus yet.

In fact I can not live without tribulus.

I never get depressed lately,and I`m a very depressed person otherwise,needing SSRIs 4-5 months out of the year.

I don`t really see any side effects yet,been taking it for 6 months.
Apart from it being addictive IMO(I am addicted to the normal mood and libido I get from it,I am never out of stock)

Longjack(tongkat) is awesome for this purpose too.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear!

I support your obsession.
I am the same way.

I have an order from Iherb that I`m waiting for:
NOW Maca 200g
Source Naturals Horny Goat Weed 1000mg 120 tabs
Action Labs LongJax 200:1
NOW Tribulus 1000 mg 90 tabs
AI Sports Testopro(Fenugreek included)

Unfortunately I have only used longjack and tribulus yet.

In fact I can not live without tribulus.

I never get depressed lately,and I`m a very depressed person otherwise,needing SSRIs 4-5 months out of the year.

I don`t really see any side effects yet,been taking it for 6 months.
Apart from it being addictive IMO(I am addicted to the normal mood and libido I get from it,I am never out of stock)

Longjack(tongkat) is awesome for this purpose too.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Horny Goat Weed - no effect on mood, boosts libido
GABA - relaxant
Fenugreek - no effect on mood, boosts libido, boosts estrogen
Magnesium - relaxant at high doses
Long Jack- no effect on mood, boosts libido
Maca - no effect on mood, boosts libido

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Horny Goat Weed - no effect on mood, boosts libido
GABA - relaxant
Fenugreek - no effect on mood, boosts libido, boosts estrogen
Magnesium - relaxant at high doses
Long Jack- no effect on mood, boosts libido
Maca - no effect on mood, boosts libido
When i have a boost in libido , i am generally in a better mood;):)

MIGUEL1J

MIGUEL1J

Awards
Hay fatburner2007 my doc told me fenugreek I'm on it as we speak. It also has the advantage that it blunts insulin spikes, and metabolizes glucose.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Hay fatburner2007 my doc told me fenugreek I'm on it as we speak. It also has the advantage that it blunts insulin spikes, and metabolizes glucose.
If you are taking the unstandardized herb, all it's doing is boosting libido and lowering the T:E ratio (bad). It would need to be standardized for 4-OHIsl to actually affect glucose.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
If you are taking the unstandardized herb, all it's doing is boosting libido and lowering the T:E ratio (bad).
What does this mean?

Is Testofen all right?(Fenugreek Extract 50% Fenuside)

I have Testopro in the mail.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
What does this mean?

Is Testofen all right?(Fenugreek Extract 50% Fenuside)

I have Testopro in the mail.
At least testofen is standardized to a slightly worthwhile compound. The study on testofen shows good results, but almost all bloodwork I've seen was unfavorable

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
At least testofen is standardized to a slightly worthwhile compound. The study on testofen shows good results, but almost all bloodwork I've seen was unfavorable
Unfavorable as in will not boost test or unfavorable as in will have more less test than I started with?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Unfavorable as in will not boost test or unfavorable as in will have more less test than I started with?
The bloodwork I've seen (about 4-5 sets) showed a rise in E2 and a fall in T.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
The bloodwork I've seen (about 4-5 sets) showed a rise in E2 and a fall in T.
Well that`s just great.

Why the heck is testofen included in so many test boosters then?

So it would boost big boobs?

Shiiiit.

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
Is this info on GABA legit? For sure it does not pass the bbb? I am reading stuff on both sides regarding this issue.

Anything definitive? Does GABA affect HGH levels?

gaba dont even work.cant pass bbb. replace with phenibut and now we're talkin

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Well that`s just great.

Why the heck is testofen included in so many test boosters then?

So it would boost big boobs?

Shiiiit.
To be fair, most of the bloodwork was just for 50% fenuside fenugreek. I don't know if testofen has some other constituents that are in variable quantities relative to a typical extract (it would depend on the extraction process). But yes, I've been asking myself the same question for years. Fenugreek is also used throughout Europe as a lactation aid in women.

Is this info on GABA legit? For sure it does not pass the bbb? I am reading stuff on both sides regarding this issue.

Anything definitive? Does GABA affect HGH levels?
It doesn't penetrate the BBB, but such penetration is not required for it to exert its effects on the hypothalamus. It can still act directly on the hypothalamus to induce relaxation, increase GH release, and improve quality of sleep. Peripheral interactions also explain the relaxation and respiratory depression.

MIGUEL1J

MIGUEL1J

Awards
I'm on the metagenic fenugreek plus check it out. A lil expensive but worth it. I done labs to confirm .

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I'm on the metagenic fenugreek plus check it out. A lil expensive but worth it. I done labs to confirm .
A 6.5:1 extract containing a minimum of 70% soluble fiber? So in other words, mostly just a waste of space, and the parts that they did use are just concentrated estrogenic compounds. Great!And it is no wonder this lowers your blood glucose. It contains gymnema sylvestre and bitter melon, both of which can potently reduce insulin output and dispose of blood glucose. You, sir, have been fooled.

MIGUEL1J

MIGUEL1J

Awards
Every one response differently Mrcopper69 try it for two months 4 pills a day get labs after two months. Get labs before and after. It works for me, improved my mood, enhance my test levels not worried about about estrogen I'm on letro.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Every one response differently Mrcopper69 try it for two months 4 pills a day get labs after two months. Get labs before and after. It works for me, improved my mood, enhance my test levels not worried about about estrogen I'm on letro.
No thanks. I know what the ingredients do. And I'm not on letro.

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
you sure that wasnt the letro effecting your test levels there?

rockme

rockme

Awards
As it pertains to GABA, how do you all dose? My tablets are 750 mg, and lately I've been taking 4 (3000 mg pre-bed). I notice sometimes if I take it too close with my ZMA, I get shortness of breath, so I space them out by 40 min or so. I've read 5000 mg is the optimum dose, but for that I'm assuming doses would have to be multiple.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
3-5g. Timing with ZMA was just a coincidence. The shortness of breath is purely a function of the peripheral effects of GABA

rockme

rockme

Awards
3-5g. Timing with ZMA was just a coincidence. The shortness of breath is purely a function of the peripheral effects of GABA
Taken all at once? Shortness of breath is a side of large GABA dose...that can't be good, but it helps me have wonderful sleep. Should GABA be cycled off? I was going to do a 4 week break of all supps, not including vitamins/minerals

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Taken all at once? Shortness of breath is a side of large GABA dose...that can't be good, but it helps me have wonderful sleep. Should GABA be cycled off? I was going to do a 4 week break of all supps, not including vitamins/minerals
Yes, but if you get shortness of breath like me, you can lower the dose. The HGH release may not be as profound, but who cares? I take 1g pre-bed.

The shortness of breath is totally benign. If you can suck it up and deal, then do so. Yes you should cycle GABA.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
maybe talk to an endocrinologist, if you're having problems just feeling normal without supplementation I'd say that's a sign that you may have something seriously wrong with you and of the supplements you listed I would go with magnesium as its the only one that's absolutely essential in your diet and something athletes have a tendency to be deficient in.

GO TO THE DOCTOR

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Sigh. I will now defer to the line that the Hodge Twins use to end all of their Youtube videos.

rockme

rockme

Awards
Yes, but if you get shortness of breath like me, you can lower the dose. The HGH release may not be as profound, but who cares? I take 1g pre-bed.

The shortness of breath is totally benign. If you can suck it up and deal, then do so. Yes you should cycle GABA.
What kind of cycle frame? 8 weeks on 4 weeks off?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
GABA is a relaxant. Why not just use it only on nights during which it is bed time and you are wide awake?
agreed. I got in the habit of taking it nightly, after a while it messed with my sleep in a negative way. toss and turned, bizarre dreams, ect

definetly follow mr coopers advice on that one

Ginandtonic

Ginandtonic

Awards
Fenugreek seems like a poor test boosting ingredient based on the anecdotal evidence posted around here.

rockme

rockme

Awards
My concern is that I've been taking it nightly for 10 weeks. Hopefully there's no dependency issues, but I may gradually come off by slowly lowering dose, or replace it with melatonin which also works great for me

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
My concern is that I've been taking it nightly for 10 weeks. Hopefully there's no dependency issues, but I may gradually come off by slowly lowering dose, or replace it with melatonin which also works great for me
There is no dependency issue. Its effects aren't central (unlike, say, phenibut). Melatonin at 250mcg-1mg is great.

rockme

rockme

Awards
There is no dependency issue. Its effects aren't central (unlike, say, phenibut). Melatonin at 250mcg-1mg is great.
I have 5 mg melatonin tabs that I use on rare occasions. Anything less than that may not have desired effect for me... That's good to know about GABA not causing dependency...whew! Funny you mention phenibut, I have that too and use it once or twice a week. I am mindful of its use, as I've read stories of people getting hooked

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I have 5 mg melatonin tabs that I use on rare occasions. Anything less than that may not have desired effect for me... That's good to know about GABA not causing dependency...whew! Funny you mention phenibut, I have that too and use it once or twice a week. I am mindful of its use, as I've read stories of people getting hooked
Eh, I'd try a lower dose of melatonin. Don't always let correlation of a poor night's sleep be indicative of the causative effects of melatonin.