Best protein formula?

  1. Senior Member
    AdelV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,950
    Rep Power
    45201
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    70.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Best protein formula?


    Ive never really looked into protein powders but at the moment I am,

    Which offer the best formula?

    I heard the hydro series from ON is great, but looking for more options before i buy!

    General use, post work-out & pre-bed! Thanks.

  2. Diamond Member
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11,018
    Rep Power
    8282289
    Level
    101
    Lv. Percent
    84.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by AdelV
    Ive never really looked into protein powders but at the moment I am,

    Which offer the best formula?

    I heard the hydro series from ON is great, but looking for more options before i buy!

    General use, post work-out & pre-bed! Thanks.
    I just use gold standard.
  3. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428715
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Hands down XF Ultra Peptide 2.0 and iForce Protean...both delicious and amazing.

    Recently I tried the new NLA Performance Recover-D and DAMN their Coffee-Chocolate taste is DAMN!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    rhino67jg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    409
    Rep Power
    289182
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    83.88%

    I'm on second tub of trutein. Chocolate covered banana was awesome. Now im on chocolate covered strawberry. I do also like i force vanilla mint swirl protean. Plan on ordering it again.
  5. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,821
    Rep Power
    767478
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    54.01%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Hands down XF Ultra Peptide 2.0 and iForce Protean...both delicious and amazing.

    Recently I tried the new NLA Performance Recover-D and DAMN their Coffee-Chocolate taste is DAMN!

    Agreed right there.. two of my favs!!! In addition to dymatize elite xt!
  6. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428715
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Agreed right there.. two of my favs!!! In addition to dymatize elite xt!
    Oddly enough , I enjoyed Dynamitaze flavors...but they got me all gassy :/!! Oddly enough , I'm down my 4th tub of Red Velvet Protean and nope, no gas at all haha.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  7. Senior Member
    baldwanus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    69829
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    58.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Hands down XF Ultra Peptide 2.0 and iForce Protean...both delicious and amazing.
    only 2 proteins i will consume
    iForce Nutrition Online Representative Manager
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  8. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,254
    Rep Power
    5636930
    Level
    90
    Lv. Percent
    53.75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Find one that tastes good and fits your budget.

    I prefer to spend a little more as a treat, but XF Ultra Peptide 2.0 and Iforce Protean are the most prominent in my protein stash at the moment.
  9. Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,303
    Rep Power
    7140888
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    60.82%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Giant Sports, Trutein and Protean

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
  10. Board Sponsor
    Clickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    211247
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    87.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I have always used Dymatize. I enjoy their flavors.
    I'm Back...
  11. Professional Member
    PrepNwa23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,370
    Rep Power
    2812884
    Level
    69
    Lv. Percent
    7.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Trutein and XF are the best two in my opinion. I don't usually care about taste but XF is some of the best tasting protein there is.
  12. Senior Member
    domore's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,922
    Rep Power
    966239
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    28.19%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I wish GF-Pro would make a triumphant return.
  13. Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,303
    Rep Power
    7140888
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    60.82%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by domore
    I wish GF-Pro would make a triumphant return.
    Unfortunately soneone stole the company and made a pathetic attemp to formulate products themselves

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
  14. Senior Member
    domore's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,922
    Rep Power
    966239
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    28.19%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Unfortunately soneone stole the company and made a pathetic attemp to formulate products themselves
    Yes, it was very unfortunate. I know they are low profit margins on protein, but if PA decided to make a run of this, people would go bonkers.
  15. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,473
    Rep Power
    10741702
    Level
    105
    Lv. Percent
    59.93%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Dymatize and Myofusion are best I've tried. Yet to try Protean, XF, or Trutein.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  16. Advanced Member
    totalpackage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    575
    Rep Power
    590941
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    76.3%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Nutrex Muscle Infusion Black chocolate is one of the best tasting chocolate that I have tried
    and the vanilla isn't bad either. Betancourt white chocolate and vanilla cap are tasty and a
    new brand I am using that taste good is Top Secret chocolate whey and I made frozen chocolate
    peanut butter sludge with this protein last night and I could of sworn I was eating Ben and Jerry's
    that's how good it was.
  17. Board Sponsor
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18,944
    Rep Power
    4285676
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    4.1%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by totalpackage
    Nutrex Muscle Infusion Black chocolate is one of the best tasting chocolate that I have tried
    and the vanilla isn't bad either. Betancourt white chocolate and vanilla cap are tasty and a
    new brand I am using that taste good is Top Secret chocolate whey and I made frozen chocolate
    peanut butter sludge with this protein last night and I could of sworn I was eating Ben and Jerry's
    that's how good it was.
    How did u make that sludge?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
  18. Advanced Member
    totalpackage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    575
    Rep Power
    590941
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    76.3%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    To make sludge you put 2 scoops of chocolate protein in a plastic bowl add 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
    or almond butter and a little bit of cold water then you stir it all up until it looks like pudding then you cover
    the bowl and put it in the freezer for at least 2 hours or more. When you take it out it looks and taste like
    ice cream you won't believe how good it tastes. Last night I did it with Dymatize XT banana nut flavored
    protein and it tasted incredible. You can do it with what ever flavor protein you think will taste good with
    peanut butter or almond butter. Give it a try I am sure you will be surprised how good it taste and it's good
    for you.
  19. Board Sponsor
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18,944
    Rep Power
    4285676
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    4.1%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by totalpackage
    To make sludge you put 2 scoops of chocolate protein in a plastic bowl add 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
    or almond butter and a little bit of cold water then you stir it all up until it looks like pudding then you cover
    the bowl and put it in the freezer for at least 2 hours or more. When you take it out it looks and taste like
    ice cream you won't believe how good it tastes. Last night I did it with Dymatize XT banana nut flavored
    protein and it tasted incredible. You can do it with what ever flavor protein you think will taste good with
    peanut butter or almond butter. Give it a try I am sure you will be surprised how good it taste and it's good
    for you.
    Great idea. Thanks.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
  20. Professional Member
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1393882
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    19.8%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Love Trutein, the taste and at least I know what I'm getting. Not so sure about those other blends out there, mostly Whey concentrate. I know protein is protein, but most other blends bloat me, or give me stomach issues.
  21. Senior Member
    AdelV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,950
    Rep Power
    45201
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    70.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Wait a sec,

    Are these best tasting, or best profiles? Hahaha

    Thanks guys
  22. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,254
    Rep Power
    5636930
    Level
    90
    Lv. Percent
    53.75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by AdelV View Post
    Wait a sec,

    Are these best tasting, or best profiles? Hahaha

    Thanks guys

    "Profile" is so subjective for protein. As long as it fits your macros it shouldn't really matter. Some have more CHO/FAT/PRO per serving but in the end I don't find that matters if it fits with my daily plans so I get what I find to taste good.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Best Protein Bar?
    By SacDIESEL in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 08:10 PM
  2. best protein
    By thebigt in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 12:12 PM
  3. best protein before bed?
    By JBlaze in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 09:33 PM
  4. Best Protein to use while on PHs?
    By EPe9686518 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-10-2003, 01:02 PM
  5. best protein powder brand and type?
    By Jfcripped21 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 05:18 PM
Log in
Log in