How much L-Dopa for prolactin control

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With dopadex out, it seems to be the only sole l-dopa product using 98% L-dopa, how much should be used for prolactin control?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The effects would be dose-dependent so it matters "how much" prolactin control you want and for how long you plan to run it. Also, other constituents of mucuna pruriens appear to aid with central dopamine increases so L-dopa % isn't quite the be all, end all.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
500mgs empty stomach to start...i dont see any reason to go over 750mgs.

We have had pilots of the product in house for over a year and I have tested it frequently, given a lot out to those who i felt it would be beneficial for. I also like a nice 500mgs perworkout for pumps

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

We have had pilots of the product in house for over a year and I have tested it frequently, given a lot out to those who i felt it would be beneficial for. I also like a nice 500mgs perworkout for pumps
You dosed Dopadex solely preworkout and say decent pumps?

domore

Awards
Besides prolactin control, for what else would someone supplement L-dopa?

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Besides prolactin control, for what else would someone supplement L-dopa?
Boosting gh, Test(when derived from macuna pruriens) and libido... and in turn increased recovery, strength and orgasmic pleasure.

That's right, i went there.

domore

Awards
Boosting gh, Test(when derived from macuna pruriens) and libido... and in turn increased recovery, strength and orgasmic pleasure.

That's right, i went there.
Okay, thanks.

domore

Awards
Should one avoid a b-complex if they were to take L-Dopa?

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Should one avoid a b-complex if they were to take L-Dopa?
... Just dose at different times in the day, not together.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established

Something to consider to my brohemian is the extract being used, for some reason the lower the extract, the better test boosting properties are. I read study where they used 15% ldopa from velvet bean at 4 grams spread throughout the day with good results.

domore

Awards
Something to consider to my brohemian is the extract being used, for some reason the lower the extract, the better test boosting properties are. I read study where they used 15% ldopa from velvet bean at 4 grams spread throughout the day with good results.
What are some of the things to watch out for when supplementing with l-dopa? (e.g. side effects)

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are some of the things to watch out for when supplementing with l-dopa? (e.g. side effects)
Better sex life, happier wife, have to buy her less gifts, resulting in more money to spend on yourself. Better sleep at night, resulting in better days

Other than that, theres really no side effects reported besides some nausea by a small percentage of users when taking 500mg or more at once, which is why we used 250mg capsules

domore

Awards
Better sex life, happier wife, have to buy her less gifts, resulting in more money to spend on yourself. Better sleep at night, resulting in better days

Other than that, theres really no side effects reported besides some nausea by a small percentage of users when taking 500mg or more at once, which is why we used 250mg capsules
Haha :) thanks, Natty.

How about any interactions with other supplements like P5P?

Wocheezy

Wocheezy

Awards

This shouldn't be a problem since SNS Inhibit-p uses this combo. P5P, mucuna (60% L-dopa), and vitex

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
With dopadex out, it seems to be the only sole l-dopa product using 98% L-dopa, how much should be used for prolactin control?
I would rec even a research chem place for Prami. if you cant get a script for it.
I just worry sometimes.
i mean i use supps/herbs myself. but ALWAYS have another compound on hand with a long shown history of fixing these sorts of issues. (not so much prog, but estrogen i'm talking about)

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
This shouldn't be a problem since SNS Inhibit-p uses this combo. P5P, mucuna (60% L-dopa), and vitex
because they use it means nothing. There's def problems with using them together.

Better to take them as far apart as possible

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Am.com

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
because they use it means nothing. There's def problems with using them together.

The dose/extract used in Inhibit-P is low enough to mitigate possible side effects if you're a healthy individual.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
The following drugs have been reported to decrease plasma levels and increase metabolic requirements of P-5-P:

Oral Contraceptives
Hydrazines
Cycloserine
L-Dopa
Penicillamine
http://www.vitasentials.com/p5p.htm

I would think this means that you actually are recommended to dose P5P while taking L-dopa. Not that the levels of L-dopa in inhibit-p are high enough anyway.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That amount gave me crazy dry mouth and lips.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
That means your thyroid hormones and noradrenaline was up, that be a good thing in my honest and humble opinion. U need up water intake.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That means your thyroid hormones and noradrenaline was up, that be a good thing in my honest and humble opinion. U need up water intake.
Yea that has been lacking lately been very busy.

But no doubt that dose affected me in a way that I didn't like since I love spicy foods

Wocheezy

Wocheezy

Awards

I would say it mean something. SNS is not a company to release products that could cause problems for a healthy individual. I do believe I read a post somewhere suggesting to take them apart from each other. What problems could be caused by dosing them together? Just curious because I have used P5P with mucuna and I noticed no negative side effects.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Other than B6, none that i can really think of off the top of my head

L-Dopa shouldnt be taken with B6 actually...if you are looking for full L-Dopa effects

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Inhibition of L-Dopa's ability to elicit hormonal modulations

The dose/extract used in Inhibit-P is low enough to mitigate possible side effects if you're a healthy individual.
It has nothing to do with side effects...it has to do with the defeat of positive effects

P-5-P B-6 Conversion Process May Be Interrupted by Metabolic Disorders, Certain Conditions or Drugs

I would think this means that you actually are recommended to dose P5P while taking L-dopa. Not that the levels of L-dopa in inhibit-p are high enough anyway.
L-dopa converts to dopamine, which can not cross the blood brain barrier. This means you want this conversion to occur within the brain, otherwise the dopamine created is worthless for hormonal release. Taking B6 with L-Dopa enhances the dopamine conversion yes, but outside of the brain where its worthless. If you are converting your L-Dopa to Dopamine before it crosses the BBB, how will L-Dopa elicit a hormonal response in the brain? It wont

I would say it mean something. SNS is not a company to release products that could cause problems for a healthy individual. I do believe I read a post somewhere suggesting to take them apart from each other. What problems could be caused by dosing them together? Just curious because I have used P5P with mucuna and I noticed no negative side effects.
Nothing to do with side effects...as stated above

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

Compare the dose of L-dopa in Inhibit-P to Dopadex. The primary modality of Inhibit-P is not l-dopa content; otherwise, we would have used a 99% extract and as high a dose as possible.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Repost:

Have you looked at the dose of l-dopa in the product? It is not the primary modality (Vitex is the major player here, which has clinical use in controlling prolactin at the suggested dose). L-dopa and p5p are in the product to ensure that the user is not deficient in major substrates for dopamine synthesis, as deficiency in dopamine can cause dysregulation of prolactin. Side effects from peripheral decarboxylation at the dose of l-dopa used should be non-existent, and no, you will not get full-on dopamine synthesis outside of the CNS with both substrates being totally consumed. There is a study on this dosing pattern, and it is merely a percentage that undergoes peripheral decarboxylation (again, a non-issue at this dose of l-dopa, especially with Vitex being present in the formula).

Also, the testboosting/GH boosting effects of mucuna are not isolated to l-dopa by any means. In fact, l-dopa vs mucuna studies show pretty different results in terms of hormones in subjects. Hence the 50% and not 99% extract, as other useful constituents are present.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
]L-dopa converts to dopamine, which can not cross the blood brain barrier. This means you want this conversion to occur within the brain, otherwise the dopamine created is worthless for hormonal release. Taking B6 with L-Dopa enhances the dopamine conversion yes, but outside of the brain where its worthless. If you are converting your L-Dopa to Dopamine before it crosses the BBB, how will L-Dopa elicit a hormonal response in the brain? It wont
221435NothingtodoHereGifMadethiscuzIwas2479d82822723.gif

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
He asked why P5P and L-Dopa should not be combined....i think thats pretty relevant?
Haha natty you misunderstood me brother, since you were right and I was wrong...I merely said this as a way to get out of here MYSELF! Not you bro, you were right...

It was a way of saying..."I goofed up...Nothing to do here! (and thus flying out of this thread)" Honestly not a jab at you bro.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Mucuna pruriens has been shown to reduce prolactin levels and improve HPTA function independently of L-dopa content, hence the reason for the extract % in inhibit-P. As such, other constituents of mucuna have benefits that pure l-dopa does not, and while I don't want to give away specifics, a good starting point to look into would be the various structures of the class of tetrahydroisoquinoline alkaloids that have been characterized in Mucuna Pruriens.

Ultimately, I think both products are great and have already recommended both via PM to those who have asked. They serve two different purposes in my books. Inhibit-P is a comprehensive prolactin control complex designed to "control" prolactin levels and improve sense of well-being. Dopadex is the first of its kind in that it is essentially the first capped, pure l-dopa product. I'd even go so far as to say that 1 serving dopadex in the AM with 1 serving Inhibit-P in the PM would work extremely well for prolactin control. You get the high dose of L-dopa (spaced away from B6) and then you get the rest of the matrix, plus a good dose of p5p to complement the earlier dose of l-dopa from dopadex (rest assured that at the dose of p5p vs l-dopa in inhibit-p, plenty of p5p will penetrate the cns). You'd see improvements in natural energy and mood throughout the day from dopadex, and improvements in sleep and libido from the Inhibit-P.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha natty you misunderstood me brother, since you were right and I was wrong...I merely said this as a way to get out of here MYSELF! Not you bro, you were right...

It was a way of saying..."I goofed up...Nothing to do here! (and thus flying out of this thread)" Honestly not a jab at you bro.
lol i got u now

technique88

technique88

Awards
What wouldn't you want to take around the time you take dopdex? If you take it on an empty stomach who long until you can eat?

Nattydisaster, you mentioned it is great as a prewo but I like to eat prewo so how would I go about dosing?

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Compare the dose of L-dopa in Inhibit-P to Dopadex. The primary modality of Inhibit-P is not l-dopa content; otherwise, we would have used a 99% extract and as high a dose as possible.
You and i already went rounds over this.

I understand your a representative and compelled to defend your companies products...i even understand that the total dose you have in your product isn't enough to cause sides..... i accepted that but still pointed out, then why have it at all since it won't add anything positive either....

Regardless of all of that, it's not the subject here. I want calling sns or inhibit p out as a product. I simply did that just cause sns uses them in an all in one save the world from prolactin product, that it doesn't mean anyone and everyone can dose the 2 together in whatever doses they like of whatever extract they like.... it's simply saying don't use their exception as the rule.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
You and i already went rounds over this.I understand your a representative and compelled to defend your companies products...i even understand that the total dose you have in your product isn't enough to cause sides..... i accepted that but still pointed out, then why have it at all since it won't add anything positive either....Regardless of all of that, it's not the subject here. I want calling sns or inhibit p out as a product. I simply did that just cause sns uses them in an all in one save the world from prolactin product, that it doesn't mean anyone and everyone can dose the 2 together in whatever doses they like of whatever extract they like.... it's simply saying don't use their exception as the rule.Sent from my SGH-T999 using Am.com
Who said it won't do anything positive? Do you want me to break down the compounds that SNS was wary of in the extraction process of Mucuna? I already dropped a hint, can't really do much more. I've been an SNS rep for years; I have no problem giving objective feedback on our products and have done so in the past. I just think this whole over-analysis of p5p plus the dose of l-dopa in inhibit-p is a myopic view of what the complex was designed for, which was prolactin control on numerous fronts.

Wocheezy

Wocheezy

Awards
I stand corrected. Like i said i thought i saw someone post not to combine the two, I see now that it depends on the potency of the extract

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Repost:

Mr Cooper, thanks for your input bro, it's appreciated, i know your posts n ur usually spot on.

I still think it's worthless to put l dopa into a prolactin inhibiting product also containing p5p or b6 in the form of macuna or otherwise in any amount. You may not be using enough to create side effects, but then again, if that's the case your not going to be using enough to get benefits either. Not to mention, while the full spectrum effects of macuna are great, they are not the point of this supplement in the first place and have no positive effect on prolactin. Only the l-dopa extract does.

I'm unsure of what benefit vitex plays here, especially in the manner your talking about it.... is it a decarboxylase inhibitor? A quick search pulled up nothing in regards to it negating the peripheral interactions of p5p and an l-dopa extract.

As for referencing what I've already said in the past (with citations) in regards to black lion research and their similar profiled product "prolactrone".... here's a link to my post (yes I use a different name over there )

http://www.prohormoneforum.com/supplements/55046-p5p-l-dopa-2.html#post933624

Might want to look through that whole thread and search some of my other posts i made going rounds with that guy on the subject, he was completely ignorant to the issue and then got belligerent when it was brought to his attention... at least sns is a stand up company with good reps that know something and when to take into higher up....

i still don't think taking these combo prolactin products are wise especially considering the insanely low cost for the individual ingredients and increased benefits that are attainable with properly spaced dosing...

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Who said it won't do anything positive? Do you want me to break down the compounds that SNS was wary of in the extraction process of Mucuna? I already dropped a hint, can't really do much more. I've been an SNS rep for years; I have no problem giving objective feedback on our products and have done so in the past. I just think this whole over-analysis of p5p plus the dose of l-dopa in inhibit-p is a myopic view of what the complex was designed for, which was prolactin control on numerous fronts.
Not to mention it was even pointed out already that the combo will not present negative or damaging side effects to the users...

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
bro... the point wasn't to beat up on your product, AGAIN, the point was to say just cause sns did it, doesn't mean you should dose p5p and dopadex together.

Your fighting an argument i never intended to start man. I understand the full spectrum benefits of macuna pruriens, I've been in this game since before sns was a company. You should know that. I'm not saying there arent still benefits in dosing macuna for other then it's l-dopa extracts BUT if your dosing low enough at your extract level to not even exert negative dopaminergic sides then your not likely dosing high enough to expect any positive effects either... ldopa based or otherwise.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I'm not fighting, I promise. I may be verbose at times, but that doesn't mean I'm taking offense to what you're saying. Trust me, I've seen you around and my respect for you has not faltered (and never would) as a result of a disagreement on what I consider semantics.The other constituents found in Mucuna cannot exert dopaminergic side effects because they are not dopaminergic for the most part.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I've been using inhibit p for two months now, and have only noticed positive benefits in sleep, mood, and sex.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
I've been using inhibit p for two months now, and have only noticed positive benefits in sleep, mood, and sex.
i love you jbry... always come in and post on a topic that's come full circle... i think you do it on purpose sometimes, ;)

Read my other responses in this thread and you'll have my general response to your post...but I'll add, I'm not saying anywhere in here that inhibit p is not a viable supplement in its own right. But just not to be used as a rule of thumb for dosing the 2 together.