Fish oil side effects?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Recently changed brand for my Fish oil intake to Swiss, they're 50% more as in 1 cap has the dose of 2 caps.

Anyways ive been getting weird chest pains(central), just uncomfortable and odd?(not painful)

Why? In past i can take 6-8caps a day, but with this brand if im taking 2 aka 4 in one hit i get this odd pain? Ive never had it before.

Should I be worried? I also feel really hot, and im drinking way more water.

Thanks

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Main side effect I get from Fish oils are Fish Burps...Now being serious, unless it has mercury in it (meaning they do not purify it) I wouldn't think it is related to the Fish Oil.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Main side effect I get from Fish oils are Fish Burps...Now being serious, unless it has mercury in it (meaning they do not purify it) I wouldn't think it is related to the Fish Oil.
Had someone at work claim same issue. Honestly i felt nothing this morning and then a few hrs after gym i took 2 caps and half an hr later it started up again! :/

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
Maybe you're sensitive to the cap vs the oil. Is one coated (non-burp) and the other regular?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe you're sensitive to the cap vs the oil. Is one coated (non-burp) and the other regular?
All types ive tried are oil. These are just super strength! Mostly all huge Australian brands. I just dont get it.

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
I realize they are oil. Some caps are coated to allow them to move further into your digestive system before dissolving. These are usually labeled "non-burp". My thought is that you may be sensitive to the coating.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I realize they are oil. Some caps are coated to allow them to move further into your digestive system before dissolving. These are usually labeled "non-burp". My thought is that you may be sensitive to the coating.
Fair enough.

Ill lay off the brand for a few days, only other thing ive upped dosage on is royal jelly.

Ive got really dry lips, feel quite warm constantly & the odd feeling in the middle of my chest juat above the solar-plex.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Fair enough.

Ill lay off the brand for a few days, only other thing ive upped dosage on is royal jelly.

Ive got really dry lips, feel quite warm constantly & the odd feeling in the middle of my chest juat above the solar-plex.
It's not related to omega-3s if you're consuming a reasonable amount. Not due to enteric coating either

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Kinda in the "Go see a Dr!" category. Ditto..fish oil isn't doing this.

Viking23

Awards
put them in the freezer and that will allow your body to break them down slower. I switched brands before and got some bad gas from the new brand so I asked my doc about it and he told me he freezes his and I haven't had a problem since. just a thought

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dammit! Well I havent hsd it badly today? What would a dr say? I doubt much! Its like a little pain scale 1 out of 10 dead middle of chest above heart! Its weird.

I guess If it still is happening tomorrow, or the weekend I can go to the drs.

Im also very dehydrated. I aint taking anything else fancy! I got no idea. :/

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Might be gastro reflux/GERD, but a firm diagnosis is always a good thing. Speculating about internal pain in the chest area just doesn't seem wise.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Dammit! Well I havent hsd it badly today? What would a dr say? I doubt much! Its like a little pain scale 1 out of 10 dead middle of chest above heart! Its weird.I guess If it still is happening tomorrow, or the weekend I can go to the drs.Im also very dehydrated. I aint taking anything else fancy! I got no idea. :/
Heart pain would refer the shoulder region. More likely that you are suffering from reflux. Is the pain sharp or dull?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Heart pain would refer the shoulder region. More likely that you are suffering from reflux. Is the pain sharp or dull?
Its dull, like a heart beat. If you pushed your finger right at the top of your abs above your heart, but from the inside.

Its been here all week, cant figure it out. I might see the doctor tomorrow? Its a bit distributing!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Its dull, like a heart beat. If you pushed your finger right at the top of your abs above your heart, but from the inside.Its been here all week, cant figure it out. I might see the doctor tomorrow? Its a bit distributing!
Dull is generally a sign of visceral irritation. So yes, I would see your doctor, since only somatic irritation/sharp pains would explain reflux in the lower esophagus. Your heart's lower border is the upper border of the abs so your location is a little off...

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dull is generally a sign of visceral irritation. So yes, I would see your doctor, since only somatic irritation/sharp pains would explain reflux in the lower esophagus. Your heart's lower border is the upper border of the abs so your location is a little off...
Dead centre, right above the top ab! Its semi muscle/bone! Ill try see the doctor tomorrow, but have no idea what it could be. :( thanks for the advice.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Dead centre, right above the top ab! Its semi muscle/bone! Ill try see the doctor tomorrow, but have no idea what it could be. :( thanks for the advice.
Your xiphoid process? Could be a diaphragm issue, but that would refer with dull pain primarily to the right shoulder region. Def check with your physician...better safe than sorry. Any pain during inspiration or expiration?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your xiphoid process? Could be a diaphragm issue, but that would refer with dull pain primarily to the right shoulder region. Def check with your physician...better safe than sorry. Any pain during inspiration or expiration?
Uneffected. Its random. I just ate an apple, then took 8g l-glue and its turned into a dull burning sensation now. :/

Ill try get into the doctors, its middle of my chest, maybe below my chest but central.

5 days now! Err

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's not related to omega-3s if you're consuming a reasonable amount. Not due to enteric coating either
I have heard that Omega 3's in large quantities thin the blood but I don't imagine thats OPs problem.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Uneffected. Its random. I just ate an apple, then took 8g l-glue and its turned into a dull burning sensation now. :/

Ill try get into the doctors, its middle of my chest, maybe below my chest but central.

5 days now! Err
I have acid reflux disease and it sounds just like it go get some prilosec from walgreens take one and see if it goes away. Try burping..is it muffled?? By the way acid reflux can be felt in various areas why people are jumping to heart issues is hilarious. Fish oil will cause heartburn in people who are susceptible to it. Everyone thinks they're a ****ing doctor on here

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I have acid reflux disease and it sounds just like it go get some prilosec from walgreens take one and see if it goes away. Try burping..is it muffled?? By the way acid reflux can be felt in various areas why people are jumping to heart issues is hilarious. Fish oil will cause heartburn in people who are susceptible to it. Everyone thinks they're a ****ing doctor on here
The OP came on here for help so thats what people are doing. Also, are you not doing the same thing? Saying that it sounds like he has acid reflux disease? ...

dsohei

Awards
The OP came on here for help so thats what people are doing. Also, are you not doing the same thing? Saying that it sounds like he has acid reflux disease? ...
Acid reflux is not a disease its a symptom. Could be he just ate or drank too fast on an empty stomach. or Low stomach acid can stem from many variables : diet, stress, sibo, etc.
There's also a flap of tissue that can get sort of stuck open and cause pain.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote