Cycling Olive Leaf Extract

jxn

Awards
I feel almost silly asking this question, considering that people normally use this supplement as a daily antioxidant. However, since there is some evidence that it significantly increases thyroid hormones, I'm wondering if this product should be cycled like any other product that works on the thyroid (ie. 3,3 and 3,5 based products). I am currently taking a 500mg of a 20% Olereupin(sp?) extract three times per day.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No need to cycle.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Reactions: jxn
bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Great herb. I often run it all winter long to stave off colds/flu. Great effect on mood and vasodilatation for me.

Reactions: jxn

jxn

Awards
I love olive leaf....thats why we put it in Alphamine!
Do you also think it's something that can be taken indefinitely without cycling? If the Saudi study is legit, then it seems like Olive Leaf can boost thyroid hormones significantly. I take it this must be via a different pathway than the products with 3, 3 and 3, 5; otherwise, it seems like cycling would be advisable....

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I don't think cycling is necessary, but that is probably an unknown. It has a very different MOA than 3,3 di type products and a very different feel. 3,3 or 3,5 products make me feel like crap. Olive leaf seems to naturally stimulate the thyroid.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Do you also think it's something that can be taken indefinitely without cycling? If the Saudi study is legit, then it seems like Olive Leaf can boost thyroid hormones significantly. I take it this must be via a different pathway than the products with 3, 3 and 3, 5; otherwise, it seems like cycling would be advisable....
3,3 and 3,5 are hormone analogues and suppress T3/T4 production (the opposite of oleuropin).