ninja636

ninja636

Awards
What are they and how much should I eat a day at 185lbs

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
What are they and how much should I eat a day at 185lbs
Macronutrient Values for the 2 essential macronutrients. Protein and Fat.

Protein: 1g/lb of bodyweight
Fat: .5g/lb of bodyweight.

Carbs are non-essential. Estimate your TDEE (Total day energy expenditure) there's plenty of calculators online...just put in height and weight.

Do your math, if you are already at 185g of protein and 90~g of fat that should be around 1500 kCals , so however many kCalories are left from the TDEE , divide them by 4 and voila, grams of carbs you need per day.

kCaloric Values:
-1g of protein = 4 kCals
-1g of carbohydrate= 4kCals
-1g of fat = 9 kCals

To gain weight , simply add kCalories and create a number higher than your TDEE, to lose kCalories create a deficit. You either reduce kCalories (carbs mainly) OR you increase activity and eat the same.

ninja636

ninja636

Awards
Lol I'm still lost well kinda.. My weight is 185 lbs, I should be eating 180g protein a day so can some help me how many carbs I should be eating?

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Take your body weight and multiply it by 1 - 1.5 and thats the amount of protein in grams you should be consuming.
Take your body weight and multiply it by 0.5 and that is the amount of fat you should be consuming.
Take your total number of calories and subtract the calories from the protein and fats and that is the number of grams of carbs you need to eat for day. Of course it depends if you want to do a bulk or cut, in that case you would adjust your cals and carb intake to a lower/higher #.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Supplements 15