mill thistle

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well I am going to get some milk thistle, but as I was browsing a herb site that I have order from in the past, I saw milk thistle on their for 16oz (448grams) for $13. Now this is 4times the amount when you order from a supplement company for the same price. My question is, would it be better to order from a supp. company, not sure if the actual seeds themselves are the same as what you get else where, or if supp companies do extractions first to get a stronger powder. Any help would be great.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Well I am going to get some milk thistle, but as I was browsing a herb site that I have order from in the past, I saw milk thistle on their for 16oz (448grams) for $13. Now this is 4times the amount when you order from a supplement company for the same price. My question is, would it be better to order from a supp. company, not sure if the actual seeds themselves are the same as what you get else where, or if supp companies do extractions first to get a stronger powder. Any help would be great.
Yeah its a great deal! I have 1gal. zip-lock freezer bags full of different herbs I got cheap, but it takes a long time to cap 'em all, that's the price you pay for the 'deal' or if they don't taste bad, you can just scoop and eat or make tea, I just like caps. Easy to get steady doses that way.

BryanM

Awards
  • Established
The only problem with this is while the whole herb milk thistle does help for the liver a vast majority of its effects come from the standarized extract sillymarin. And when buying in bulk most companies tend not to standardize there products at all or very small like 3-5%.

You typically want to find the highest standarization possible, I go with 80%.

And while you can still acheive this with the bulk powder you need to guzzle down grams upon grams to get the same effect.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I see, I know this company does standardized extracts on herbs, but mainly for their Salvia Divinorum, but thats a whole different herb with lots of interesting effects.....
There is not mention of it for this product, so it is not extracted, I guess I will most likely find standardized 80% powder and order that.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
salvia wow haven't heard anything about that since my freshman year of college
some ... interesting kid from the united arab emirate talked me into smoking some once
well as soon as i did everything turned purple for about 30 seconds and it felt like my skin was on fire and being poked with sharp needles . . . all in all a fun time ....

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
salvia wow haven't heard anything about that since my freshman year of college
some ... interesting kid from the united arab emirate talked me into smoking some once
well as soon as i did everything turned purple for about 30 seconds and it felt like my skin was on fire and being poked with sharp needles . . . all in all a fun time ....
Yea my experience with it was when i tried standardized 20x, they werent kidding when they said this is not for a beginner, i was out on the ground for a half our in another world. Some of mother natures plants are very interesting.... :D

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
the lady hates me, I don't think I'll ever go back

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
The green lady and I have a very, very good relationship. You have to ask her to be nice.:)

I know what website your talking about bro - I got my milk thistle from
www.smi2le.biz $11 for 100g of 80% standardized.

www.trueprotien.com has it for $12.99...