GDA, Insulin mim and repartitioner

pectus

Awards
I tried Slin Sane and I'm really happy. I'm very low on BF and it helps to add CARBO without gain fat.
I'm using Recompadrol (that I used in the past) and I like it also..
I want to try Need 2 slin and AP , but first I'd like to try Need2Slin.

what I need to understand is WHY Need 2 slin advertises an UNIQUE Glucose disposal action .
this is what I found from an old post:
" Another thing to keep in mind though, is that Need 2 Slin can potentially last a very long time, and it is truly unique in that it also stimulated glucose disposal through the cAMP pathway, which no other GDA or mimetic does. For this reason, I won't stray from Need 2 Slin....... "

so WHY "..NO other GDA or mimetic does.." ??

WHich is the ingredient that put "apart" Need2Slin to others? which cAMP patways if the ingredients are common on others GDA products?

and last:

Need to build Muscle says: " Need2 Slin commands insulin to do exactly what you want, pushing aand driving nutrients into muscle and away from fat!"

From another old post I read the same question I'd like to be answered:
" I have yet to see any convincing studies indicating the preferential shuttling and alleged disposal into muscle cells (glycogen) via increased glycogen storage capacity or otherwise verses simply cramming these carbs into adipocytes and out of the blood stream."

so Why need2Slin can say that the target of GLUT4 will be in Muscles and NOT on fat cells?

Sorry for so many question..

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The ingredient that they're referring to that increases cAMP is the forskolin.

To the second point... We've learned, in researching for Slin-Sane V2, that there is no selectivity in where nutrients are guided. There is some evidence that suggests that banaba can accomplish this action to a degree, but until we're convinced of that fact by clinical support, we should consider this a marketing falsity.

pectus

Awards
I tried many Gda/repartitioner and at now slinsane V1 is my preferred.
In Europe I can buy only V1 and I want to try the V2.
But before to to try it I'd do a full STOCK of at least 10 boxes of SlinSAne v1. . .

Now I see there is a good post in "supplements! covering many good questions and answers.
Thanks

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
Need2 makes all kinds of wild claims. They don't test their raws, something the owner has no problem admitting. I would think twice before you buy Need2Slin.

Have you tried SlinTensity? I'm half way through my first bottle and loving it.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So some of the nutrient partitioners shuttle the nutrients out of the blood stream but we are not sure where they go. These types increase insulin sensitivity. Others force insulin spikes and insulin shuttles the nutrients into muscle but they decrease insulin sensitivity. I got this right?

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
None force nutrients specifically into the muscle.

The primary purpose of these products is to activate a pancreatic (insulin) response to glucose in the blood stream (elevated due to nutrient intake) and to dispose of it (serum glucose is toxic).

In this action, nutrients are non-selectively shuttled to both fat and muscle (think of GLUT4)... This process itself, and not specific to one GDA over another, will serve to increase insulin sensitivity.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so how does ala different? I love this topic. Doesn't ala blunt the release of insulin? If these shuttle to both muscle and fat, isn't this an endo like myself, worst nightmare?

IMO, igf is the best selective NP if one is willing to do a basic shot.

Mike

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
so how does ala different? I love this topic. Doesn't ala blunt the release of insulin? If these shuttle to both muscle and fat, isn't this an endo like myself, worst nightmare?

Mike
Quite the contrary... ALA, itself, can (and I love this phrasing) "correct abnormal insulin signaling".

As far as body type and how these impact you, there's no cause for immediate alarm unless you eat sh't (which you don't). Put it this way, when muscle trauma is induced, nutrients are predominantly shuttled to where they're needed; we can surmise that the majority are directed toward muscle to aid in repair, but the excess would have to settle elsewhere. Because GLUT4 originates in both adipose and muscle tissue, you can see what I mean by non-selectivity.

So, for however indiscreetly these products serve to aid in muscle growth, you're looking at the same impact on fat as well. Simply put, if you can get swole from GDA utilization, you may be able to get fatter, too. :D

pectus

Awards
I re-UP this thread.
I'm not an expert but I like to know what I take and why. ..AND WHY the pill I take is good or not and what to expect.
So I read and read (many threads here in "supplements" too). I ask sorry for my bad english and i'll be LONG so probably I'll cut the what I want to say (and ask) in many different messages.

I have to say I'm always in good food and diet and always training and that I have enviable sub 10% BF (even less) ALL year around, because I like to stay shredded and ripped all year long. I'm 43 and in good health.

Nothing can be generalizated if we don't know the situation of the guy that is taking a GDA. A fatter, near diabete man is different than a healtly man.
I'll assume that we do considerations for healtly man with medium insulin sensitivity and that has wheight training 2 or three times per week.
We'd need to consider also the BF from he is starting and the goal (going better BF , cut, or bulk or recomp) AND the level of CHO's is usually using.
Ezplaining in big SIMPLE words:

1) The first and MAIN thing I'd like to manage is the strange things that ALL WE KNOW that there is NO evidence and study that prove that glucose (with use of GDA's) will go to muscle and not in fat cells. The Gda (glucose DISPOSAL agent) should help "clear" the sugar level on blood AND transport it to where we hope (muscles) or where we do not like (fat cells) .
It will clear the blood (like insulin does) and we can HOPE it direct to muscles.

BUT I repeat ALL WE (intelligent people) KNOW that there is NO GUARANTEE that the glucose removed from blood WILL go MORE in the muscle THAN in the fat cell only because the use of the GDA's.

2)BUT, there is also evidence that these kind of products (I like Slin-Sane and Recompadrol) helps many peoples to retatin muscles, lower body fat and that they ALLOW more carboydrates to eat without excess of damege to BF.
I am one of these. With the use of Recompadrol or Slin Sane (before meals with CHO's) I can literally eat 50-80g MORE(daily) than usual IN ADDITION TO THE DIET (so more carbs and about up to 300 kcal/day more than usual and ALL coming from CARBO).
With the use of the GDA's I feel even more ripped and shredded every morning and I never have that "bloated /water feeling" after a big carb/cheat meal.
Without GDA's I "pay" even 2,5kg of more weight (and watery skin) after a cheat week end.
With a GDA I never exceded the +0,5 kg that return back the next day and I feel harder, full and strong and better looking after a big carb/cheat meal, even with less water under skin.

SO 1) and 2) are real ineluctable truth, but 1) and 2) are one against each other.

1) = GDA can't works
2) = GDA works (and damn good for many).

SO the first answer to have and search and explain is from the question: "WHY they works if 1) is true?"
"Why GDA's works (for many) IF 1) is DAMN true? "

AS I said I read and re read in internet and in books (from my cousin -he's a doctor with many books UNREAD LOL-), about insulin and all related to hypoglycemia and related things.

So the next step on which I have no good answers is to define 3 way to call the GDA's:
-Glucose Disposal Agent
-Insulin Mimicker
( Repartitioning Agent). This is between rounds because is more a marketing definition.
So we left with GDA and IM.

GDA: the GDA will clear the blood from excess of sugar level.
There is evidence that they works (we are always speaking of OTC products...) on lowering bloood sugar level, LIKE the INSULIN does.
IM: it acts like insulin.
And insulin (after a meal that raises glucose levels on it) is produced from pankreas to go in blood stream, and it lower sugar levels moving them to cells (gut, muscle, fat...) activating the glucose transporters (mainly we care about GLUT4). It's the Insulin that ACTIVATE the glucose transporters and it DOES when sugar levels are high and they (sugar levels) needs to be lowered and feed the cells.
Insuline is also for sure ANABOLIC. Anabolic in a double way (both fat and muscle). Insuline acts to direct "nutrient" where are needed and it will do in an anabolic way and never in a catabolic way. (not always is like this... but we can assume this as truth)

So we can say that GDA's can be a big way to say IM, because in general GDA means only that are good to "clear the blood from excess of sugar level".

SO we can concetrate on IM..... So HOW different and HOW similar are GDA(IM) to Insulin?
Is a GDA(IM) good to do the same work of the insulin (regardless the efficacy and the power of action), or it is only able to mimick its action lowering the glucose level on blood? Can the Gda(IM) activate the glucose trasporters?
At the end... can a GDA(IM) mimick (always regardless the efficacy and the power of action) 100% the insulin job?

I'll continue next time because one of my theory is related to the TIME on WHEN GDA(IM) or Insulin are Released.
The timo of release is one of the way 1) can survive with 2).

...to be continued.... but if you have som answer I'd like to read ...

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The ingredient that they're referring to that increases cAMP is the forskolin.

To the second point... We've learned, in researching for Slin-Sane V2, that there is no selectivity in where nutrients are guided. There is some evidence that suggests that banaba can accomplish this action to a degree, but until we're convinced of that fact by clinical support, we should consider this a marketing falsity.
This is very true. However you can reduce the amount of certain nuclear receptors and body processes that increase fat mass. For example

PPARy
FAS
ACC
Malonyl CoA
ACL

So less fat will e produced in theory.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Mike
It increases AMPk which has a host of different effects in muscle and fat tissue.

Igf1 I will not talk about openly.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To clarify

Insulin mimicker: works via the pi3k pathway (insulin pathway) which activates glut 4 in muscle and fat tissue for the uptake of glucose. Pure mimetics IMO are best suites post workout. (agmAtine in high dose and very few select others vs ect)

GDA : these dispose of glucose via alpha amylase or a- glucosidase. Or carbohydrate blockers

The reason why these are used interchangeable is due to the effect GDA are often stimulating pi3k and ppar a. There fore they also stimulate uptake into cells. Just less. These are best taken any meals. ( I still like it post workout as most GDA don't block uptake of monosaccharides but block disaccharides or polysaccharides)

Hope this potentially helps people

domore

Awards
To clarify

Insulin mimicker: works via the pi3k pathway (insulin pathway) which activates glut 4 in muscle and fat tissue for the uptake of glucose. Pure mimetics IMO are best suites post workout. (agmAtine in high dose and very few select others vs ect)

GDA : these dispose of glucose via alpha amylase or a- glucosidase. Or carbohydrate blockers

The reason why these are used interchangeable is due to the effect GDA are often stimulating pi3k and ppar a. There fore they also stimulate uptake into cells. Just less. These are best taken any meals. ( I still like it post workout as most GDA don't block uptake of monosaccharides but block disaccharides or polysaccharides)

I always thought that taking a insulin mimicker or GDA post-workout would be a waste since insulin sensitivity is pretty good after a workout. Or, are you saying the first big meal post-workout?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always thought that taking a insulin mimicker or GDA post-workout would be a waste since insulin sensitivity is pretty good after a workout. Or, are you saying the first big meal post-workout?
I don't do post workout hakes. I do pre workout meals. More effective for me. Or I add a shake to my meal. But bcaas pre during and post sonim not worried bout quick protein uptake

Not really a waste IMO. Eat more. May create an even more favorable environment due to surplus of calories adding to an anabolic environment

domore

Awards
I don't do post workout hakes. I do pre workout meals. More effective for me. Or I add a shake to my meal. But bcaas pre during and post sonim not worried bout quick protein uptake

Not really a waste IMO. Eat more. May create an even more favorable environment due to surplus of calories adding to an anabolic environment
I don't have a post-workout protein shake either. Well, I may dose a couple grams of Leucine, or Genomyx Protocol (the original) post-workout. So, continue to take GDA/Insulin mimicker with first big post-workout meal? And, eat more?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes sir!

I take 4 caps recompadrol hen eat about 2000 cals in chicken and rice and maye a little corn beats and coconut oil

domore

Awards
Yes sir!

I take 4 caps recompadrol hen eat about 2000 cals in chicken and rice and maye a little corn beats and coconut oil
Awesome. Thanks a bunch. So, you like hefty doses of agmatine immediately post-workout?

domore

Awards
I personally don't use it but science says it may be great
Okay, I was just basing that question off of your earlier post. I find pumps to inhibit my movement during my Olympic lifts, so I never dose it pre-workout. I have only dosed it during meals, and occasionally post-workout.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Slin Sane 2 is a fantastic GDA. Really allows you to get great sustaining energy from your carbs and great vascularity and dryness as well.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Slin Sane 2 is a fantastic GDA. Really allows you to get great sustaining energy from your carbs and great vascularity and dryness as well.
I agree. Trying out a few samples of v2 now.

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
To any reps paying attention id love to sample any one of these type products never used one..hate that bloat feelin li had last night after my post workout meal at the local Mexican rest. Chips and a fajita salad still feelin it

boogyman

Awards
Looking to try a product of this type. I was going to go with Anabolic Pump. Anyone have a recomendation and why?

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
Looking to try a product of this type. I was going to go with Anabolic Pump. Anyone have a recomendation and why?
Ill be interested in the responses too..this thread has.gotten my wanting.to try something out with my next purchase after im finsihed with alphamine lookin at adding a lil beef and keep the fat gains down

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Nutraplanet's very own Na-R-ALA + SNS Agmatine 100g powder is IMO the most effective combo out there, and a great deal money-wise once you pay the upfront cost for the bulk powders.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nutraplanet's very own Na-R-ALA + SNS Agmatine 100g powder is IMO the most effective combo out there, and a great deal money-wise once you pay the upfront cost for the bulk powders.
What dosage of each before carb meals would you recommend? Or how would you dose it?

domore

Awards
I was thinking of making my own simple GDA with those two. Also, may include pterostilbene.

domore

Awards
You stealin my favorites again bro????
We have similar tastes ;)

Would PA's R Spray have an impact on blood sugar levels (since it being transdermal)?

Will you check out my post in the agmatine dose thread about dosing agmatine with food vs. post-workout?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
We have similar tastes ;)

Would PA's R Spray have an impact on blood sugar levels (since it being transdermal)?

Will you check out my post in the agmatine dose thread about dosing agmatine with food vs. post-workout?
Yes it would because it's still being delivery systemically if I'm not mistaken.

Got a link to the thread?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

On my list to try, i've been on an r-ala kick lately. Previously used recompadrol until i couldn't find it anymore, and anabolic pump.

Mike

domore

Awards
Yes it would because it's still being delivery systemically if I'm not mistaken.

Got a link to the thread?
Awesome. I'm torn between both. I think I will go with pterostilbene when I make my next purchase. Then, I'll give PA's R spray a shot.

Agmatine Dose

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Always been slightly intrigued by pterostilbene but never really researched enough about dosage, timing, etc. When you guys talk about it which is the best product to look at? Biotivia's PteroMax?

domore

Awards
They would theoretically work best ​together
Always been slightly intrigued by pterostilbene but never really researched enough about dosage, timing, etc. When you guys talk about it which is the best product to look at? Biotivia's PteroMax?
PteroMax is a nice combination product.

How do you think Pterostilbene works transdermally? It would be neat to buy some in bulk from BAC and mix it with PA's R spray. (If the dosing worked correctly)

Last edited:
Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes. I did not even realize there where 2 versions until I went browsing on Nutraplanet. The formulas are completely different, and the new one is a few bucks cheaper.

"New" 60cap
Phellodendron (Bark), Crape Mertle (Lagerstroemia Speciosia)(Stem) (Extract)

750 mg **

"Old" 90cap
P-Insulin Engineered Extract from

Phellodendron

Tannins Complex Engineered Extract from
My phones messing up....edit
Lagerstroemia Speciosa

700 mg

Active extracts in bold, notice anything

EDIT: phones messing up, it's all bold. :-(

boogyman

Awards
"New" 60cap
Phellodendron (Bark), Crape Mertle (Lagerstroemia Speciosia)(Stem) (Extract)

750 mg **

"Old" 90cap
P-Insulin Engineered Extract from

Phellodendron

Tannins Complex Engineered Extract from
My phones messing up....edit
Lagerstroemia Speciosa

700 mg

Active extracts in bold, notice anything

EDIT: phones messing up, it's all bold. :-(

Ahh so the same, the new just has a little more active. The description I looked at did not have everything labeled that way and it looked like a completely different product. Thanks.

pectus

Awards
To clarify

Thanks ...it helps, it make me think that I have to study more, this help but add at the same time CONFUSION .. LOL
So in the Recompadrol (that I like so much), which compounds can be more related to be a GDA and wich one the IM?
and the Agmatine (not in the complex) can be considered a IM?

-Garcinia Cambogia (50% HCA)
, Berberine HCI (98%),
Salacia Reticulata Extract,
Gymnema Sylvestre (75% Gymnemic Acids),
Banaba Leaf (20% Corosolic Acid),
Vanadyl Sulfate,
Aminoguanidine

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have ingredients that act as both. Vs and salacia act as mimetic and GDA.

pectus

Awards
So ... why I can't see any GDA/insulin Mim/repartitioners (as Recompadrol,Slinsane, AP, P-slim ecc..) WITH White Bean extract??.
This can be added if one of the mechanism of the GDA's is the partial Inhibition of alpha mailase... I'm wrong ? In addition it seems that ONLY the complex carbohydrates are affected.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So ... why I can't see any GDA/insulin Mim/repartitioners (as Recompadrol,Slinsane, AP, P-slim ecc..) WITH White Bean extract??.
This can be added if one of the mechanism of the GDA's is the partial Inhibition of alpha mailase... I'm wrong ? In addition it seems that ONLY the complex carbohydrates are affected.
A. How can something dispose of blood glucose if its modality is endogenous enzyme inhibition?
B. Numerous ingredients found in GDAs inhibit digestive enzymes. Virtually every popular GDA on the market has such an ingredient, or multiple.
C. Of course only complex carbs are affected. Simple carbs are already in a digested form (no enzymes necessary) and ready for absorption.

pectus

Awards
A. How can something dispose of blood glucose if its modality is endogenous enzyme inhibition?
B. Numerous ingredients found in GDAs inhibit digestive enzymes. Virtually every popular GDA on the market has such an ingredient, or multiple.
C. Of course only complex carbs are affected. Simple carbs are already in a digested form (no enzymes necessary) and ready for absorption.
I'm confused on what you say in A) and B). it seems you are saying (with A) that Is stupid to inhibit enzyme (I think you are referring to Alpha amilase) and with B) you are saying that many (if not all) GDA's HAS such kind of ingredients..
Im confused on what you wanted to say. (i'm happy YOU are in this thread)

Probably is only a language problem and I can't understand what you are saying (Im Italian)

C ) OK .

Then I add and I try to be concise (not my main quality LOL).
Basically Id like to know WHY these Gda's products works so good on me,
me that I'm mainly also a NON-responder on supplements.

SO I ask again: WHY, IF there is NO scientific reason to say that they forces or prefer the muscle to feed,
they works so well? and what is the insulin (like) action?.

With these GDA's (fed or fasting in hypocaloric or Ipercaloric, trained or not trained with more carbs or less)
I feel always FULL, ripped, dry, shredded and full of glycogen, with energy and without fat accumulation EVEN if I eat 50,60, 80 g
of carbs more than usual and I'm over 200-300 Kcal more per day!

This action is LIKE ALL nutrients goes REALLY ONLY to muscles!

I do not understand if they act as synergic, agonist, antagonis to insulin. If they lower or raise the REAL insulin action, if
they acts as substitute/complementary of insulin and if it desiderabele to have more or less (real insuline) AND WHEN.

So if they acts like insulin (in a way), why NOT using straight INSULIN or wait that the endogenous one will appears after a rich glucidic meal?
This question made me think that probably the key (or one of the keys) is that we USE GDA's BEFORE meal and that
endogenous insuline appears ONLY when the meal is finished.

It's like using an "insuline like thing" BEFORE meal make happens ONLY good things, AND having
insulin AFTER the meal leads either to good things (expecailly if post training where we need insulin and glut4 are well
positioned and traslocated from the inner muscle cell to outer membrane muscle cell) and bad things (expecially if at rest and
in a caloric surplus where all glycogen stores are full yet).

You can say: " Are you satisfied with the results you have with GDA's? Are you achieving the desired effect? GOOD, SHoot-UP and use it!"
But I need to know the mechanism of cause-effect to full enjoy a supplement.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 10
PolishHamm3r77 Supplements 21
Supplements 16
AdelV Supplements 8
Anabolics 21