Overseas customs? experiences

Profion

Awards
Hey guys
Many of us that are from europe and england buy supplements, but yet again the prices are quite high.

Looking at US sites, i see that there is almost a 50% difference in prices from where i live, with that amount saved i would be able to stock up big time. Question is, have any of you guys living in the UK or other contries tried to buy overseas and where your packages cought by the customs?

Im really thinking about buying overseas next time, but afraid that ill be ending up paying big time.

thanks.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
I've ordered from the US when living in the UK and Germany. When living in the UK each package was received pretty quickly (7-10 days) but about 75% of the parcels were stopped by customs and I had to pay VAT, which means that the amount I saved on the supps was pretty much nothing.

I moved to Germany 4 years ago and decided to make a test order just to see if the procedure was any better. I ordered Super Cissus, so nothing hormonal that was likely to cause any problems with the authorities. It was shipped from the US but was impounded by customs. Customs wouldn't respond to any requests for info about the package and it eventually turned up on my doorstep about 6 months later. Since then I just stick to ordering from places in the UK or Germany.

Synthesis

Synthesis

Awards
I have ordered many things from the US into the UK and never had any issues with supplements being impounded . They seemed to be very relaxed over here in the past but there is this new legislation now so things may have changed . Price wise even with VAT/duty charges there is money to be saved doing it time to time i.e when there are special offers or stacks available in the US that are not available here in the UK . Ursobolic, Anabeta Eviscerate Smolder/H.E.A.T Stack are things that I've made savings on in recent times . Some times I import things that no one carries over here also making the price irrelevant

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can save money but if you have import tax on there it can cut into that dramatically.

For example, I received a supplement from a company who used to sponsor this forum. They were honest with the value and wrote $39.99 on it. I had to pay £16 import fee to Parcel Force. If I had bought the product online that would have mitigated the savings.

If you buy more the savings can work out more. You can expect to pay around 25% of the value of the parcel to import it. I currently have a large parcel that is with the UK Border Agency and it has taken over a month to arrange the paperwork and I still haven't been told when I am getting it and how much it will cost me in duties and taxes.

nergy

Awards
I live in France and last time I had to pay 44 euros which might be like 60 dollars for the first time ever. Never had any problem with taxes except this one.

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
You can save money but if you have import tax on there it can cut into that dramatically.

For example, I received a supplement from a company who used to sponsor this forum. They were honest with the value and wrote $39.99 on it. I had to pay £16 import fee to Parcel Force. If I had bought the product online that would have mitigated the savings.

If you buy more the savings can work out more. You can expect to pay around 25% of the value of the parcel to import it. I currently have a large parcel that is with the UK Border Agency and it has taken over a month to arrange the paperwork and I still haven't been told when I am getting it and how much it will cost me in duties and taxes.
you have to be quite sneaky to get thru customs thats for sure ;)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you have to be quite sneaky to get thru customs thats for sure ;)
Speaking of which I have received a bill for about $35 from FedEx for the Slin Sane v2 you sent me lol.

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
Speaking of which I have received a bill for about $35 from FedEx for the Slin Sane v2 you sent me lol.
What really?

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
Dang I was about to ship you the soon to be released Origin

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
never had any problems with supplements from the us to europe(holland). No vat or anything like that.

cell phones is a different ballpark...got 1from hong kong, had to pay an exyra 25euro's to customs.