help from someone who knows.

pastorcgc

Awards
Hello. All. I really need some advice. Most sups say take atleast a 4 week break before starting again. Uneasy just told u can 18 weeks and that is is just sup companys tryn to protect themselves. I just am coming off a 8 week cycle of compound 2o, and erase pro. I now plan in tryn solid with a50. Can I go right to it or do I need the 3 or 4 weeks off first? Thanks to anyone that can answer.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
You can go into them never since both products blow.
Well said Coop. I have to agree that there are much better uses of your time and money than taking Solid or A50. Save the money for some real food or at least use it to get something that actually works.

pastorcgc

Awards
I'd stay away from BPI products.
I keep hearing that. I heard good things on one site then bad on another. But I see sites sayn take glutimine while others say its worthless. Same with akg. Hard to tell the real from the false.

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
No bpi ever.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I keep hearing that. I heard good things on one site then bad on another. But I see sites sayn take glutimine while others say its worthless. Same with akg. Hard to tell the real from the false.
You don't need glutamine it is worthless.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Other than bad reviews.. did something else happen? Just curious.
Just the ingredients in their products and dosing just don't make a good product. They just don't have any good products I'd ever run. All hype.

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Why is glutamine worthless?
It has its purposes, but gets a bad wrap bc it degrades into ammonia when put in water. Which is why I use products with sustamine - the di-peptide form of glutamine.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16839917/

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
It has its purposes, but gets a bad wrap bc it degrades into ammonia when put in water. Which is why I use products with sustamine - the di-peptide form of glutamine.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16839917/
Let alone that...poor oral bioavailability and lack of proof that it does what the retarded people who recommended it claim it does! They say it is an anti-catabolic that "protects" muscle mass...ehem...how? It is worthless...Glutamine is worth a pound of salt...and at least a pound of salt is good for taste and water retention...

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Let alone that...poor oral bioavailability and lack of proof that it does what the retarded people who recommended it claim it does! They say it is an anti-catabolic that "protects" muscle mass...ehem...how? It is worthless...Glutamine is worth a pound of salt...and at least a pound of salt is good for taste and water retention...
You da man buddy

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What I experience when taking Sustamine products is better recovery rates. I feel recovered, i.e.. decreased DOMS and recovery between sets is better. Is this protecting my muscle mass? Doubtful... to be honest... I have no idea, nor am i making that claim. But here's what modern research will teach you.

Solid research shows how Sustamine can help improve the integrity of the gut by allowing better electrolyte and fluid adsorption via enhanced signaling of a transport pathway in the intestinal mucosal cells. Furthermore, use of sustamine in human research showed significant plasma glutamine elevation. Evidence suggest that supplementing with sustamine has its ergogenic benefits. It suggests that sustamine increases the time it takes for a person to reach exhaustion during exercise... meaning it allows me to go harder longer in the gym.

Check it out...
jissn.com/content/7/1/8

As for claims that it protects muscle... I would say thats probably more an argument for BCAA's. Last I checked, L-Glutamine isn't considered a BCAA lol. Seems those things all get grouped together quite a bit.... bcaa's and glutamine.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
What I experience when taking Sustamine products is better recovery rates. I feel recovered, i.e.. decreased DOMS and recovery between sets is better. Is this protecting my muscle mass? Doubtful... to be honest... I have no idea, nor am i making that claim. But here's what modern research will teach you.

Solid research shows how Sustamine can help improve the integrity of the gut by allowing better electrolyte and fluid adsorption via enhanced signaling of a transport pathway in the intestinal mucosal cells. Furthermore, use of sustamine in human research showed significant plasma glutamine elevation. Evidence suggest that supplementing with sustamine has its ergogenic benefits. It suggests that sustamine increases the time it takes for a person to reach exhaustion during exercise... meaning it allows me to go harder longer in the gym.

Check it out...
jissn.com/content/7/1/8

As for claims that it protects muscle... I would say thats probably more an argument for BCAA's. Last I checked, L-Glutamine isn't considered a BCAA lol. Seems those things all get grouped together quite a bit.... bcaa's and glutamine.
I never said anything about sustamine, I commented on Glutamine, also you must not be familiar with pathetic sites with 12 week programs or that kinda stuff (which is good, because they are all garbage) but some "experts" (jokes like Kris Gethin) swear that Glutamine protects muscle mass from catabolism...

I had seen that article too, nothing impressive IMO...it is good but I don't see it necessary at all. I believe it does nothing for DOMs however...that is a "complicated beast" to quote a rather intellectual (and stim addicted) individual.

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Been waiting for some sustamine discussion

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I never said anything about sustamine, I commented on Glutamine, also you must not be familiar with pathetic sites with 12 week programs or that kinda stuff (which is good, because they are all garbage) but some "experts" (jokes like Kris Gethin) swear that Glutamine protects muscle mass from catabolism...

I had seen that article too, nothing impressive IMO...it is good but I don't see it necessary at all. I believe it does nothing for DOMs however...that is a "complicated beast" to quote a rather intellectual (and stim addicted) individual.
Lol this must be a dig at a program I tried out for a while. I did experiment with DTP. After a few weeks I realized my previous training program was superior, vastly superior to it. So yes I am familiar with such sites. I was not aware of the claims he made however. Consider me informed. And accept my apology for misinterpreting your response to my op.

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
I did the dtp one leg day... Burned a lot of calories and I was sore for like a week. One of those programs that burns too many calories and tears up too much muscle fiber... You'd def lose a lot of weight but won't gain muscle mass

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Lol this must be a dig at a program I tried out for a while. I did experiment with DTP. After a few weeks I realized my previous training program was superior, vastly superior to it. So yes I am familiar with such sites. I was not aware of the claims he made however. Consider me informed. And accept my apology for misinterpreting your response to my op.
I hate those cookie cutter jokes :/ , anyhow it's ok bro. Sustamine is worth more reading for me, however I am pressed on time ATM and for what I recall from that study they even stated it depended greatly and was made possible due to good hydration and electrolyte intake if I am not mistaken...however I'll dig up some more on sustamine on the weekend when I have more time bro.

pastorcgc

Awards
What about glutamine as a cell volumizer? Is that a myth as well?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hello. All. I really need some advice. Most sups say take atleast a 4 week break before starting again. Uneasy just told u can 18 weeks and that is is just sup companys tryn to protect themselves. I just am coming off a 8 week cycle of compound 2o, and erase pro. I now plan in tryn solid with a50. Can I go right to it or do I need the 3 or 4 weeks off first? Thanks to anyone that can answer.
You can go into them never since both products blow.
What your guys out come with Compound 20?
Did y'all enjoy?
Remember you said you were running it Coop.

pastorcgc

Awards
I did two bottles of compound 20. Seems like I eat and eat never put on weight. I stacked it with erase pro.

fit4me

fit4me

Awards
Glutamine is readily found in the foods you are eating. If you are eating clean and it includes beef, chicken , fish, dairy and eggs then you should be covered already. Glutamine doesnt do anything for you in excess...just passes through

Would everyone agree?

Why is glutamine worthless?

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
Glutamine is readily found in the foods you are eating. If you are eating clean and it includes beef, chicken , fish, dairy and eggs then you should be covered already. Glutamine doesnt do anything for you in excess...just passes through

Would everyone agree?
Agreed! Don't buy into the hype of things like hmb, glutamine, and some of the other expensive single amino acids, effects from them are minimal if anything, you better off spending money on quality foods and whey.

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
You know what is really anti catabolic?
Food.
By the way, if our bodies where as catabolic as the supplement companies would have you believe, we would all look like starvation victims.
Peace

Celorza

Celorza

Awards

Would everyone agree?
Glutamine in excess or in deficit does the same nothing. No such thing as "eating clean" , food is food, macros are macros...If you don't go over your kCalories of the day, if you don't go over your macros, it matters little to nothing where they come from.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Glutamine in excess or in deficit does the same nothing. No such thing as "eating clean" , food is food, macros are macros...If you don't go over your kCalories of the day, if you don't go over your macros, it matters little to nothing where they come from.
Health stand point...
Cause a fat fùck can eat whoopers and fries and stay in macros less say, but that shít ain't healthy.

But I give it up Mr.Elorza...
You're a little scientist bro.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Health stand point...
Cause a fat fùck can eat whoopers and fries and stay in macros less say, but that shít ain't healthy.

But I give it up Mr.Elorza...
You're a little scientist bro.
As a health stand point...I would honestly advise people to cut and stay below 15% , also make sure to lower their waist circumference as much as they can naturally and through diet and exercise. Only thing I won't ingest is Trans Fats , none at all...everything else :food: fair game!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As a health stand point...I would honestly advise people to cut and stay below 15% , also make sure to lower their waist circumference as much as they can naturally and through diet and exercise. Only thing I won't ingest is Trans Fats , none at all...everything else :food: fair game!
thank you for making me not feel bad for eating pizza tonight lol

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
thank you for making me not feel bad for eating pizza tonight lol
Lol if it was within your macros, enjoy. Aside from that, bro even on a cut we all need at least to catch a little break...mental sanity ;)!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
You know what is really anti catabolic?
Food.
By the way, if our bodies where as catabolic as the supplement companies would have you believe, we would all look like starvation victims.
Peace
This x10.

Would you not argue that 100g of glucose has a very different impact on insulin levels than 100g of fructose? I.e. if you glycogen stores are saturated etc.?

Or what about eating micronutreint rich foods, these I would class as eating "clean" as opposed to calorie dense pies and burgers. Coz MAcros might be Macros but you need a large vareity of micros throughout the day, esp. those with short half lives or that play an integral role in health. Hence why I base all my meals around micros rather than macros

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
This x10.

Would you not argue that 100g of glucose has a very different impact on insulin levels than 100g of fructose? I.e. if you glycogen stores are saturated etc.?

Or what about eating micronutreint rich foods, these I would class as eating "clean" as opposed to calorie dense pies and burgers. Coz MAcros might be Macros but you need a large vareity of micros throughout the day, esp. those with short half lives or that play an integral role in health. Hence why I base all my meals around micros rather than macros
Insulin? Yeah , body composition? nope...zero to none :).

Like I said eating "clean" is totally non-existent...but let me explain this :/ I eat fruits and veggies like a mad man , thus I never worry about micro-nutrients...I keep most of my bases covered with a healthy and lofty amount of different greens...and it's not abnormal for me to down at least 8-16 oz of greens per meal. I do agree I made it sound too easy and non-caring...I usually remember to add, "as long as you fill your macros and have a good amount of fruits and veggies in it, you'll be ok" but this time I got sloppy :p!

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Insulin? Yeah , body composition? nope...zero to none :).

Like I said eating "clean" is totally non-existent...but let me explain this :/ I eat fruits and veggies like a mad man , thus I never worry about micro-nutrients...I keep most of my bases covered with a healthy and lofty amount of different greens...and it's not abnormal for me to down at least 8-16 oz of greens per meal. I do agree I made it sound too easy and non-caring...I usually remember to add, "as long as you fill your macros and have a good amount of fruits and veggies in it, you'll be ok" but this time I got sloppy :p!
Body composition maybe not but performance it certainly effects me.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Body composition maybe not but performance it certainly effects me.
Hm...wouldn't know what to say here :p , I respond well to carbs...and get the same response from them anyway, be it sucrose, glucose, fructose, dextrose, or just plain coke and pizza (I don't like coke or soda though haha).

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hm...wouldn't know what to say here :p , I respond well to carbs...and get the same response from them anyway, be it sucrose, glucose, fructose, dextrose, or just plain coke and pizza (I don't like coke or soda though haha).
Lucky guy.

BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Awards
They're all very different products. I see no problem in it. Yes some companies put that on their labels for liability, but it's also because your body builds up a tolerance and becomes desensitized after prolonged use. You'll find products not yielding the same results they once did. This is especially common in diet products, pre workouts, etc. Everything you listed are mild test booster/ ai's. If they were pro hormones you'd want to give your body a break and go through a proper pct to get your body producing on its own again and let your receptors clear out.

HisGirl

Awards
No such thing as eating clean? Are you kidding me?