Best Time to take L-Dopa

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Using Now Foods L-Dopa caps. Are 3 caps best taken first thing in the morning or before bedtime?

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
I prefer pre-bed, it seemed to aid my sleep quality a bit.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
That is what I was planning on going with. Saw somewhere that mentioned in the morning, though it seems that would be counter productive.

Does the dosage of 3 caps sound about right?

I prefer pre-bed, it seemed to aid my sleep quality a bit.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
That's what I took, what are you looking to gain from supplementing this product?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pre-bed is the best time from what I've researched and seen results from in my personal life.

This is why there is such a large dose found in Lights Out(being released this week)...Just 2 capsules gets you 1000mg of Mucuna Pruriens, which provides 500mg of L-Dopa. BAM.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As I understand it, 500 mg is the maximum generally recommended daily dose of L-Dopa (correct???); meaning if one is taking 2 caps of Lights Out - they should not take any additional Mucuna Pruriens.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Raise dopamine levels, improve overall sleep, reduce refractory period, etc.

Here is what I am going with:

That's what I took, what are you looking to gain from supplementing this product?

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Well, that is why I raised the issue as using as directed on the bottle indicates:

As a dietary supplement, take 1 to 2 Vcaps with a meal. Best when taken early in the day.

This. Use as directed on the bottle

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As I understand it, 500 mg is the maximum generally recommended daily dose of L-Dopa (correct???); meaning if one is taking 2 caps of Lights Out - they should not take any additional Mucuna Pruriens.
There would really be no need IMO, but you COULD take more if you really wanted.

The best studies I saw were using 500mg of L-Dopa

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Only 30% of that is l dopa if you read the label

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
I'd take P5P for reducing refractory period.

I don't supplement it every day, but occasionally preworkout for antifatigue, prebed for intense dreams, or presex for reduced prolactin output for decreased refractory period.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, that is why I raised the issue as using as directed on the bottle indicates:

As a dietary supplement, take 1 to 2 Vcaps with a meal. Best when taken early in the day.
I'm sure the dosing times don't matter as with gaba or others.
Dopamine has a lot more functions then helping you sleep :)

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone noticed while using L-Dopa of one of the extra benefits is suppose to be to improve skin appearance?

A

Austin118

Awards
  • Established
I've taken now foods l dopa, great stuff and I'm a non responder to alot of supps but this generally worked, didn't really see any skin improvements, but sense of well being, tons of energy better sleep! I took 2 in the morning! Then 2 weeks later 2 at night as well so 4 caps

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
L-Dopa has positive effects in the AM or late PM. L-Dopa itself doesn't make you drowsy, which I believe is part of the confusion when it comes to early morning dosing. Using HGHUp as an example..... I prefer all 5 caps pre-bed or all 5 first thing in the morning depending on my schedule.

N

newbreed

Awards
I used it pre workout and pre bed in the past. Didn't notice much to be honest. HGH Up was ok the one I got better results with was PowerFULL but that's me. I liked stacking it with Jack3d pre workout and noticed better quality sleep when I took it at night. Works better for me than L-Dopa did.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
L-Dopa has positive effects in the AM or late PM. L-Dopa itself doesn't make you drowsy, which I believe is part of the confusion when it comes to early morning dosing. Using HGHUp as an example..... I prefer all 5 caps pre-bed or all 5 first thing in the morning depending on my schedule.
Purely anecdotal (I hate doing this things but anyhow...) I have noticed a better mood and attention span dosing it in the AM on an empty stomach. But scientifically speaking now, I do know pre-bed is really effective indeed. So I agree with this post :D!

Evan666

Evan666

Awards
I've used the now l-dopa product and really liked it. Gave me kind of a buzz with 2 caps on an empty stomach and helped with mood and thought clarity through out the day IMO. I tried taking it preworkout, but mixed with DS Craze it had some weird side effects so I stopped taking it.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Any thoughts on better first thing in the morning or anytime during the day on an empty stomach or best right before bedtime?

If you were to go with Jarrow Formulas B-Right or L-Dopa, how would these two compare?

Use it empty stomach, and dont combine it with Vitamin B6

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does this apply equally to P5P? Should they be taken at different times of the day?
Yes.

Changing the timing could help. But i wouldnt take any additive B6 vs what you get from diet when taking an L-Dopa supplement

Any thoughts on better first thing in the morning or anytime during the day on an empty stomach or best right before bedtime?

If you were to go with Jarrow Formulas B-Right or L-Dopa, how would these two compare?
I dont feel timing is that important. More important to have consistent timing every day.

I dont know what B right is

P

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
We use a hefty dose of L-Dopa in our product, liGHts Out, which is taken pre-bed. We use this dose as Vaughn will explain:

2. As for L-Dopa, it was included for 2 very obvious reasons. #1 - It is the most potent HGH increaser currently on the market today. Shown to increase HGH by as much as 500%(when dosed at 500mg...which is what 2 caps of Lights Out provides), as well as to significantly increase Dopamine in our body, which is involved in sleep regulation:

Dopamine Sleep

Dopamine, the brain chemical best known for its role in pain and pleasure, could also play an important part in regulating sleep, according to a new study in the journal PLoS Bioogy.

Researchers from the University of Barcelona and the Centro de Investigacion Biomedica en Red de Enfermedades Neurodegenerativas (also called CIBERNED) in Spain found that dopamine has a function in the pineal gland in the brain, a vital player in the body's circadian rhythms.

The pineal gland receives light signals from the retinas in the eyes, which then in turn tell it to make melatonin (which promotes sleep) for the body's sleep cycle, researchers explained. And the hormone norepinephrine is involved in controlling the making and release of melatonin.

Dopamine plays a role in sleep and wakefulness by stopping norepinephrine's effects -- meaning that there is less melatonin being made and released, thereby alerting the body to wake up, researchers found.

"These results are interesting as they demonstrate a mechanism in which dopamine, normally increased at times of stimulation, can directly inhibit production and release of a molecule, melatonin, that induces drowsiness and prepares the body for sleep," study researcher Peter McCormick, of the University of Barcelona, said in a statement.

Recently, a study in the Journal of Neuroscience showed that dopamine levels in certain brain regions may also play a role in determining whether someone is going to be a procrastinator or a motivated go-getter, LiveScience reported.

A brain region called the anterior insula "showed a strong negative relationship between dopamine level and willingness to work hard," study researcher Michael Treadway, a graduate student at Vanderbilt University, told LiveScience.Dopamine Plays Role In Regulating Sleep, Researchers Find

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
so you will say taking inhibit-p is a bad idea?
Inhibit-P is not an L-dopa based supplement. Clinical studies demonstrating the aforementioned phenomenon use 10-20x the dose of L-dopa found in Inhibit-P.

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
I took l-dopa with my pre workout and it caused me to have mild anxiety issues, while working out.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I took l-dopa with my pre workout and it caused me to have mild anxiety issues, while working out.
L-dopa should not be taken with stimulants or pressors. This is common knowledge and actually studied in athletes. Don't do it again :)

W

wrathchild281

Awards
I thought l dopa was good to for combatting
on cycle prolactin

W

wrathchild281

Awards
Can u elaborate? I'm starting lmg and dmz run tomorrow and will take inhibit p on cycle and pct. I have erase clomid and nolva on hand. Should i of picked up aromisin? And can I take 1 cap per day on cycle and 2 caps per day starting week 2 on pct or just 3/3/3/3? Thanks