Designing the "ultimate" preWO - input appreciated

retrofitted

Awards
After some serious experimentation with stim and non-stim preworkouts, I've decided to attempt a design of my own consisting of hopefully efficacious amounts of nootropics, ergogenics, etc. Essentially, I'm tired of supplement prices, insubstantial dosing, and company hype, so bulk ingredients will be the method of choice from here on out provided that I can source the supplements at a low enough cost.

Cooper, if you can lend your extraordinary knowledge to this thread, I'd be in your debt.

A note: the adjective "ultimate" is in quotation simply because individual physiology is crucial to effectiveness, and I'm looking to build the best possible combination for myself and not necessarily for others. Agmatine, citrulline malate, and norvaline are all going to be conspicuously absent from this design - having used all of these ingredients as a synergistic group at the recommended dosing for strength athletes, I can safely say that they do absolutely nothing for me in terms of endurance, strength, or the much lauded "pump" that everyone else (and scientific research) appears to benefit from. Again, just personal experience.

With that said, here we go. Amounts are approximate and can change.

Creatine monohydrate: 2 grams
Beta alanine: 2 grams
L-carnitine fumarate: 1 gram
L-carnitine L-tartrate: 1 gram
Betaine anhydrous (TMG): 2 grams
N-acetyl cysteine: 500 milligrams
Inositol hexaphosphate: 1 gram
Vinpocetine: 50 milligrams
Rhodiola rosea (3% rosavins): 100 milligrams
Caffeine anhydrous: 200 milligrams
Cocoa extract (standardized for 12% theobromine): 500 milligrams yielding 60 milligrams of theobromine
B-phenylethylamine: 500 milligrams
Ascorbic acid: 1 gram
Taurine: 1 gram
Glycine: 2 grams
Choline bitartrate OR DMAE bitartrate: 500 milligrams

Didn't realize how many ingredients I was considering until everything was typed, but from what I understand there's a good amount of synergy between the various groups. Any suggestions for additions or withdrawals? Amount changes, substitutions, anything?

Thanks in advance.

retrofitted

Awards
Also, most likely going to substitute ALCAR for the L-carnitine fumarate, dosed at 1.5 grams. Unless, of course, someone can offer some feedback on the fumarate that's overwhelmingly positive.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Re Betaine anhydrous (TMG), you may very well want to to supplement w/ B6, B12, folic acid and NAC to control Homocysteine.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
NAC? No citruline? I am not a mono fan either but that is just me. Glycine and betaine I see as optional as well. Its a good start.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Don't really have time to dissect this whole thing but ingestion of 50mg Vinpocetine will present with severe headaches.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Oh didn't realize you wanted my help specifically OP. Ok I'll bite:

Creatine monohydrate: 2 grams (can be had at any time of day. Try to get 3g on workout days)
Beta alanine: 2 grams (save it for postworkout and spaced throughout the day)
L-carnitine fumarate: 1 gram (replace with ALCAR and dose at 1-2g)
L-carnitine L-tartrate: 1 gram (increase to 2-3g)
Betaine anhydrous (TMG): 2 grams (increase to 2.5g)
N-acetyl cysteine: 500 milligrams (reduce to 250mg unless using nitrates)
Inositol hexaphosphate: 1 gram (fine as is)
Vinpocetine: 50 milligrams (reduce to 10mg)
Rhodiola rosea (3% rosavins): 100 milligrams (double the dose)
Caffeine anhydrous: 200 milligrams (good)
Cocoa extract (standardized for 12% theobromine): 500 milligrams yielding 60 milligrams of theobromine (this is expensive and not terribly beneficial but its fine)
B-phenylethylamine: 500 milligrams (remove)
Ascorbic acid: 1 gram (lower to 200mg or remove)
Taurine: 1 gram (increase to 4g)
Glycine: 2 grams (fine or remove)
Choline bitartrate OR DMAE bitartrate: 500 milligrams (increase to 1g for choline, reduce to 200mg for DMAE)

Have you used nitrates?