Sell me something. - Please! (Powerlifter/Athlete)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If any of you remember me or have seen my posts, you'd know I used to be quite the supplement junky, both in knowledge and use. - I've typically put together my own stacks in the past, or have enjoyed cruising some test-runs with product logs from multiple brands via their sponsorship.

When I worked for LG, my body was infused daily with a healthy dose of ASGT, and I've never found a pre-workout powder that had the same intense effect.

I haven't bought a single supplement in nearly three years, and am interested as to what's currently on the pre-workout market (powder form).

I've traveled extensively around the world, including my most recent stint in Ireland (go figure) where I decided I'd like to return and backpack the island with my wife. - This will include trail running, bog-trotting and probably getting myself into heaps of trouble. - I want a supplement for the job.

To give you a background of my training, I still powerlift, but have added in a healthy dose of high-endurance cardiovascular exercise; anything from long runs to cycling. - I downsized myself from 190lbs (when I was at LG) to 155lbs currently.

As it stands, my big three are:

Squat: 505lbs
DL: 485lbs
Bench: ewww...300lbs. - I currently have a healing tendon.

My diet:

Healthy. - That's about the extent of it.
I'll eat anywhere from 2 to 7 times per day. I don't give a sh*t anymore about it, because I eat clean and feel amazing. My body tells me when I need food, and I listen to it. No more alarm-clock meals.

I drink beer when I want and smoke cigars at least twice a week...I'm a man, and that's how I roll.

So, to you board reps and supp-comp owners...sell me something! I'll post a small log/review.

TLDR: Get me to buy your product.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey I remember you!. Welcome back!. I've been taking Molecular Nutrition Peak Beta plus and it helps a ton with endurance. I've also taken App Nut- Drive and that too helped out a lot with endurance. The new Jack3d Micro also is great for endurance activities. Another pre workout that is great on endurance is PNI Prodigy.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey I remember you!. Welcome back!. I've been taking Molecular Nutrition Peak Beta plus and it helps a ton with endurance. I've also taken App Nut- Drive and that too helped out a lot with endurance. The new Jack3d Micro also is great for endurance activities. Another pre workout that is great on endurance is PNI Prodigy.
Thanks, T. I'll look into all of those. - I have taken Drive before, but never felt what others did. I loved the old-school RPM, but I only had one solid batch I believe. - Those are the only AppNut products I've used.

As for the others, never heard of them.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks, T. I'll look into all of those. - I have taken Drive before, but never felt what others did. I loved the old-school RPM, but I only had one solid batch I believe. - Those are the only AppNut products I've used.

As for the others, never heard of them.

Drive really needs to be dosed high for the results to kick in. I went up to 6 caps twice a day. That was the sweet spot for me. And I was at 212 pounds back when I ran it.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Check out PNI paragon it's currently on sale at NP

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Welcome back brother!!! Lookin beast! Lots of great products on the market! You knew that tho. Use anything Purus? Keep at it bro! Powerlifting is where its at!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Reduce XT would serve any body composition goals well, as it prevents adipogenesis while bulking, reduces muscle catabolism while cutting, and provides the best of both worlds when recomping.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Athletic Xtreme Supersize gets great reviews. Leucine nitrate for the pumps and protein synthesis and a great stim blend thats very smooth with no crash.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reduce XT would serve any body composition goals well, as it prevents adipogenesis while bulking, reduces muscle catabolism while cutting, and provides the best of both worlds when recomping.
I have no need for anything body-comp related, but I'll look into other SNS options.

I've taken Focus XT twice in the past and it just didn't do the job. It took some doctoring for me to find a synergistic combination.

Athletic Xtreme Supersize gets great reviews. Leucine nitrate for the pumps and protein synthesis and a great stim blend thats very smooth with no crash.
Sounds nice. - See, 3clipse knows my sweet-spot for stims. I'll give this one a hard look.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well of you want Stims , focus xt plus 2 tabs of bronkaid work great.

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
Not a rep, but Im a fan of Animal Rage, and a fan of Hemo rage.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the replies.

I have some samples of a mentioned product that a friend is giving to me. - I'll test them out and report back.

I'll be making an order from NP for Agmatine, Creatine Mono, and CL GlycerGrow. This is just a variation of my old stack, so I'll see how that goes. Nothing too flashy, but it gets the job done. I'll most likely only take it on my PL days, with the exception of the creatine that will be used daily.

neddo

neddo

Awards
MAN Prometheus Rising is an all-around stud what with efficacious doses of agmatine, daa, forskolin, and r-ala. Agmatine and R-ALA will assist with nutrient partioning and adding an all day pump, DAA will aid strength gains and improve libido/test levels, and the forskolin to help with body composition.

Granted, the forskolin also has the ability to initially cause GI distress -- everybody responds differently. Annnnnd PR's are being blown out right now by NP (read: half off from its usual price).

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have no need for anything body-comp related, but I'll look into other SNS options.

I've taken Focus XT twice in the past and it just didn't do the job. It took some doctoring for me to find a synergistic combination.

Sounds nice. - See, 3clipse knows my sweet-spot for stims. I'll give this one a hard look.
Let me know if you want some samples, id be happy to send you some.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If it ain't my favorite ginger. Whats the good word my man?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I found my date to the 2013 USPLabs Ginger photo shoot.....wait what? :think:
As long as the curtains match the drapes! No fakes allowed at the 2013 USPlabs Ginger shoot.

Drink of the night is Ginger Ale.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
IC - srs blast from the past. :wavey:

good to see life has been treating you well.
you have surely downsized tho eh?? intentional?

of course Primordial has some great products..AndroMassV3 was awesome for me, as i experimented with some steroidal-based product this year.
(you'll have to eat more to make this one beneficial for you tho)
for pct, or as a stand-alone natural-based approach, Testosterone Recovery Stack is truly exceptional - absolutely LOVE it, am using it currently.

for stim - the last month i have been using Axon, from Antaeus Labs..been another revelation for me, as i have never experienced a stim like it.
nice even, smooth energy all day long..no jitters, no crash, no fade.
(don't think they have that @ NP tho)

over the summer during my latest prep, DreamWeaver sent me some Ignite 2 from Finaflex. that was solid.

from Betancourt, BullNOX Androrush is nice..and D-Stunner is simple and effective if you want something based with 1,3-dmaa. it's also insanely cheap, on clearance right now at the planet, less than $12.

i know i'm forgetting a ton, but there's enough for you to mull. :D

oh - love the thread title btw. :biglaugh:

take care bro.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
MAN Prometheus Rising is an all-around stud what with efficacious doses of agmatine, daa, forskolin, and r-ala. Agmatine and R-ALA will assist with nutrient partioning and adding an all day pump, DAA will aid strength gains and improve libido/test levels, and the forskolin to help with body composition.

Granted, the forskolin also has the ability to initially cause GI distress -- everybody responds differently. Annnnnd PR's are being blown out right now by NP (read: half off from its usual price).
Never tried any products from MAN, so maybe I will give this a try. I never personally had issues with forskolin, so I don't see any problems.
Let me know if you want some samples, id be happy to send you some.
I may have to take you up on that. Thanks!

If it ain't my favorite ginger. Whats the good word my man?
Just enjoying life at the moment. I'll be moving back up North in a month; I can't wait to escape this heat and ground myself in a larger city and cooler weather. It's awesome to see you're still around.
Yeah I found my date to the 2013 USPLabs Ginger photo shoot.....wait what? :think:
*kisses*
As long as the curtains match the drapes! No fakes allowed at the 2013 USPlabs Ginger shoot.

Drink of the night is Ginger Ale.
And blood.

IC - srs blast from the past. :wavey:

good to see life has been treating you well.
you have surely downsized tho eh?? intentional?

of course Primordial has some great products..AndroMassV3 was awesome for me, as i experimented with some steroidal-based product this year.
(you'll have to eat more to make this one beneficial for you tho)
for pct, or as a stand-alone natural-based approach, Testosterone Recovery Stack is truly exceptional - absolutely LOVE it, am using it currently.

for stim - the last month i have been using Axon, from Antaeus Labs..been another revelation for me, as i have never experienced a stim like it.
nice even, smooth energy all day long..no jitters, no crash, no fade.
(don't think they have that @ NP tho)

over the summer during my latest prep, DreamWeaver sent me some Ignite 2 from Finaflex. that was solid.

from Betancourt, BullNOX Androrush is nice..and D-Stunner is simple and effective if you want something based with 1,3-dmaa. it's also insanely cheap, on clearance right now at the planet, less than $12.

i know i'm forgetting a ton, but there's enough for you to mull. :D

oh - love the thread title btw. :biglaugh:

take care bro.
I was just about to hit that D-Stunner up! I caught the deal when I was browsing this morning. - I'll have to check out the others, and AndroMassV3 sounds interesting. Like I said, I haven't touched a supplement in over two years, and I think it's about that time.

Honestly, the weight drop wasn't necessarily intentional, but I'm actually loving it. - After I quit focusing on only physical improvements (I say "only" because I still cater some of my training to it) and started honing in on powerlifting, everything has changed in my life. - The simple fact is that I feel better, I'm 155lbs and stronger than I've ever been...with the exception of my bench. - Additionally, I can once again run like hell, and keep up the pace for quite some distance.

I think a bit of the size came from everywhere. I haven't totally noticed a massive loss in my body's frame, and I think the drop was proportional. It's not like you would be shocked if I posted a new picture. - I'm just ultra concentrated! ;)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, Andromass is going for $200? That's no joke. - If I'm correct, I believe PP was in the first stages of releasing the first edition when I repped for them. I left AM before it was ever on the shelf.

I'll check out some logs on it.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
never tried the first version..heard about some of the flaws.
V3 is solid. and of course, you can hit up one of the reps for a coupon code. :)

I think a bit of the size came from everywhere. I haven't totally noticed a massive loss in my body's frame, and I think the drop was proportional. It's not like you would be shocked if I posted a new picture. - I'm just ultra concentrated! ;)
nice. :D

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
iForce Hemavol. You want vascularity, pumps, and endurance? Get the Lemon Drop flavour.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Welcome back. 2 years huh? What brought cha back?

Nice 35lb drop in weight loss too!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
iForce Hemavol. You want vascularity, pumps, and endurance? Get the Lemon Drop flavour.
Ok. I looked at Hemavol last night. I will probably give most of these supps a go. I'll be training hard again come next month.
Welcome back. 2 years huh? What brought cha back?

Nice 35lb drop in weight loss too!
Just got the itch, I guess. It was a good thing. I've already got in touch with a couple friends that I haven't spoke to in a while. I'm glad I did.

Thanks, but as I told Snag, it wasn't intentional. Nothing really BAD happened, I just stopped eating as much and it gradually came off. Never gave up training though, and having spent so much time working on my body the last ten years, the muscle seems to stick around pretty well.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I put in my first order to test a couple options and see what I'm looking for.

1x 25g Agmatine Bulk Powder
1x 500g Creatine Mono
2x D-Stunner (Grape, $12 each!)
1x SNS Caffeine - Can't beat the price on this @ $10 for 240 tabs

I've never used agmatine before, so I'm looking forward to that. - As for D-Stunner, I mostly just bought this as an energy complex and flavoring system for my bulk powders.

I was going to get some GMS, but the bulk powder was out, and I'm hoping the prop blend in D-Stunner has enough of it to ensure I'm getting what I need for the creatine/agmatine infusion.

I guess I'll start a log for the D-Stunner just to keep myself accountable to my training protocol.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I guess I'll start a log for the D-Stunner just to keep myself accountable to my training protocol.
i'm sure at one point, Dustin would have appreciated this. :lol:
now, it is a moot issue for him in regards to product, with the demise of 1,3.

but by all means - bust out a log man..keep the Cannon honest.
i know that always fuels you.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I put in my first order to test a couple options and see what I'm looking for.

1x 25g Agmatine Bulk Powder
1x 500g Creatine Mono
2x D-Stunner (Grape, $12 each!)
1x SNS Caffeine - Can't beat the price on this @ $10 for 240 tabs

I've never used agmatine before, so I'm looking forward to that. - As for D-Stunner, I mostly just bought this as an energy complex and flavoring system for my bulk powders.

I was going to get some GMS, but the bulk powder was out, and I'm hoping the prop blend in D-Stunner has enough of it to ensure I'm getting what I need for the creatine/agmatine infusion.

The 501ct. Caffeine tabs has an even better price per serving. We also offer 1.2kg creatine mono for the best price on the market.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm sure at one point, Dustin would have appreciated this. :lol:
now, it is a moot issue for him in regards to product, with the demise of 1,3.
At the very least, perhaps it will drive interest in a reformulated version, and help to elevate the Betancourt name for their future as a brand.

The order should be here tomorrow; living 6hrs from the NP HQ is always nice when it comes to shipping turn-around time. :D

Had an awesome Deadlift workout yesterday and a short 3 mile run. - Today was Squats/Extentions, and I'll do my run tonight, as well as some calisthenics and the Sled.

Tomorrow will be Bench Day, Chest accessory, run, and more calisthenics. Hopefully I'll have my goods prior to that session.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll also be picking up Mark Bell's Maddog Sling-shot later this month. Can't wait!!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The 501ct. Caffeine tabs has an even better price per serving. We also offer 1.2kg creatine mono for the best price on the market.
I didn't even see. Must have missed them. - Next time.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Currently where my torso is at. - When I actually do the log, I'll add all pics (legs, back, etc). Since I'm adding in a lot of running and calisthenics, I should make some big changes. Have no idea where I'll end up, but that's the excitement.

155lbs
5'8"

View attachment 67798

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
I'm a little late to the party, but if you want two supps that will combine to give you crazy endurance then check out Genomyx Protocol and AppNut Drive. There's a guy running a log on another forum and he has been stacking those two before running 10K's and competitive rowing (in addition to using them before he lifts) and he raves about the stack.