supplement for tendon inflamation?

amarula

Awards
I didn't know where to wright this so I've decided to post it in this section:

I'm an experienced lifter but I'm having problems for the first time with my arm tendons. 2/3 months ago for personnal reasons, I was lifting and at the same time doing hard phisical work that required many repetitive strenght movements of arm flexion. For several hours I had to work with heavy tools in that kind of movements. So I've began to feel pain in the end of the forearm muscles (near to the elbow, where tendons touches the bones), the ones involved in curling especially in the neutral grip position (I hope I'm being clear, as english is not my first language).

I already took anti-inflamatory pills but it only works for a few days. In my training sessions I'm having trouble with all movements that requires arm flexion such as curling, rowing, pushdowns, etc...I'm no longer doing the kind of heavy work drescribed above but however the pain (that sometimes is like a burn feeling) is not going away.

Have someone experienced something like this? How did you resolve this? Is there a supplement that can, in a long term, impede this again or help improving?

Many thanks for all the help that you can give me.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use Cissus XT for a similar issue. Wouldn't hurt to throw in something like Orange Triad or ElastiJoint either.

amarula

Awards
I've thought about cissus of course but I was also thinking on a every day supplement to prevent the problem. Maybe some kind of antioxidants??

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fish oil and Cissus, but you also need to treat the area with some sort of massage and/or myofascial release.

newbreed

Awards
I had similar issues and I have to admit Super Cissus and fish oil worked wonders for me.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I concur with fish oil and cissus.

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
Anteus has a new product worth looking at called Achilles.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fish oil + Cissus and massage is a good bet. Was dealing with some elbow/shoulder issues and massage really helped.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cissus XT or NOW topical Celadrin are your best choices for your issues
I use this combo with some topical arnica

newbreed

Awards
Fish oil + Cissus and massage is a good bet. Was dealing with some elbow/shoulder issues and massage really helped.
The massage would help nicely along with the supplements

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
SNS Cissus XT is tailor-made for this purpose. Joint Force by E-pharm would be a great topical ancillary.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
2g of Cissus XT + 2 servings of our new joint help = happy tendons and ligaments :D

EDIT:

and just to clarify, id only be using 4g of cissus from that combo if i was having any sort of "flare up" or injury...under a more "preventative" circumstance joint help should have you covered

amarula

Awards
Massage? Touching it will hurt me for sure..maybe I can use that for prevention purpose

amarula

Awards
Thank you all for all the advices. I will into cissus and topical help. I hope it works...

PuZo

Awards
  • Established

amarula

Awards
I can't get SNS neither that especific product from iforce because I'm in europe and it's too expensive ordering from NP (shipping rates issues). I have access to cissus from Primaforce or USP Labs. Do you think they have a quality extract?

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Joint Force seems to be treating me well, when my knee gets inflamed. I was under the assumption you'd need to take Cissus for a while to get any benefits in this situation, long term.

amarula

Awards
Joint Force seems to be treating me well, when my knee gets inflamed. I was under the assumption you'd need to take Cissus for a while to get any benefits in this situation, long term.
That is my intention, but I can only get under the Primaforce or USP brands

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I started seeing relief within about 2 weeks using the USP formula.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
blacklac

blacklac

Awards
What kind of relief?

I was referring to claims that it can actually repair tendons/ligaments/etc. Admittedly, I dont know much of anything about Cissus, but I read something saying you would need month of continuous usage for that type of effect. I guess my statement was also a question. I thought any short term relief was only an analgesic effect and could subside after usage ceased. Again, I'm more looking for clarification, myself. :)

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Joint-Help is being released this week...

it's the FIRST joint support product to offer immediate pain relief, coupled with joint/tendon/ligament regenerative action.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What kind of relief?

I was referring to claims that it can actually repair tendons/ligaments/etc. Admittedly, I dont know much of anything about Cissus, but I read something saying you would need month of continuous usage for that type of effect. I guess my statement was also a question. I thought any short term relief was only an analgesic effect and could subside after usage ceased. Again, I'm more looking for clarification, myself. :)
Reduced inflammation.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established

it's the FIRST joint support product to offer immediate pain relief, coupled with joint/tendon/ligament regenerative action.

Gonna be popping these like candies!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Acutely, you get analgesia (can even be after the first dose). Long term, you get inflammation reduction and bone/connective tissue support.

newbreed

Awards
I'd say it worked for me around the same amount of time. I did a loading phase then after a few weeks did 2 in the am and 2 in the pm.

amarula

Awards

You get the regenerative part from cissus or from ParActin?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

You get the regenerative part from cissus or from ParActin?
Both.

The normal MOA from cissus, as well as Paractin promoting a more healthy inflammatory response. By helping to reduce inflammation when our bodies do not want it(IE - joint paint), it gives the body the time/ability to actually treat the injury

amarula

Awards
Both.

The normal MOA from cissus, as well as Paractin promoting a more healthy inflammatory response. By helping to reduce inflammation when our bodies do not want it(IE - joint paint), it gives the body the time/ability to actually treat the injury

Thank you for answering so rapidly. Hope I can come here soon and review positively cissus

amarula

Awards
Ok then. It fits with what I have. I've bought from Livelong. I will update for results

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
You can throw 5-10 grams of bulk Cissus powder into a protein shake along with some EFA's and get some decent analgesic effect that day. Tumeric/curcumin/pycnogenol/devil's claw, cat claw/celadrin can all aid in tamping down the inflammation and boosting the healing process. If none of that works..you've probably got a real injury on your hands. That's when I bust out the R3-IGF.

Joint Help definitely looks interesting.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
You can throw 5-10 grams of bulk Cissus powder into a protein shake along with some EFA's and get some decent analgesic effect that day. Tumeric/curcumin/pycnogenol/devil's claw, cat claw/celadrin can all aid in tamping down the inflammation and boosting the healing process. If none of that works..you've probably got a real injury on your hands. That's when I bust out the R3-IGF.

Joint Help definitely looks interesting.
I've used Jointforce to good effect on similar injuries. It attacks the inflamation locally with the issues that systemic administration can cause. If used long term it can help heal the injury instead of only treating the pain.

Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards
I have AC joint arthritis and the only thing that I find to help with immediate pain relief if Joint Spray.

I know it probably sounds like shilling, but it isn't; I was originally rolling my eyes at Pat when he offered to send me a joint spray some 3-4 years ago, but surprisingly, it actually helps. Not a day goes by where I don't use it with my knees and shoulder, considering exercise does not help my shoulder at all and knees are just preventative maintenance heat, coupled with EFS sleeves.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I've used Jointforce to good effect on similar injuries. It attacks the inflamation locally with the issues that systemic administration can cause. If used long term it can help heal the injury instead of only treating the pain.
I have AC joint arthritis and the only thing that I find to help with immediate pain relief if Joint Spray.

I know it probably sounds like shilling, but it isn't; I was originally rolling my eyes at Pat when he offered to send me a joint spray some 3-4 years ago, but surprisingly, it actually helps. Not a day goes by where I don't use it with my knees and shoulder, considering exercise does not help my shoulder at all and knees are just preventative maintenance heat, coupled with EFS sleeves.
Combo!!!

muad33b

muad33b

Awards
My advice here is going to be partially an echo of others, here are the supplements I've tried, in decreasing order of efficacy:

1) Joint Force
2) Arnica Gel + Menthol combo
3) Tumeric (need to take with food)
3) Cissus (lots of GI issues with this tho, with or without food)
4) Glucosamine/Chondroiton

I must say that for an acute inflammation issue, only Joint Force and plain old ICE give me immediate relief

With regards to "soft tissue" therapy, I would recommend:

1) ART (Active Release Therapy) - This is basically breaking up scar tissue build up on connective tissue (tendons/ligaments) with manual (read: hand/finger) pressure
2) "Rolfing" type techniques (don't necessarily need to find a "Rolfing" practitioner) basically the same as ART but focused on breaking up scar tissue/adhesions in/on skeletal muscle tissue and fascia.
3) "Graston" type techniques - Similar to ART but uses "tools" to "scrape" at the scar tissue build up on connective tissue.
4) Self Myofascial Release - Similar to the above type techniques, but performing the therapy on yourself, using foam rollers, balls, etc. - You can google this and find tons of youtube videos with ideas here...

My chiropractor not only practices hard tissue (i.e. bone) therapy, but also the above soft tissue (i.e. muscle/connective tissue) techniques, and as well I've turned him on to Joint Force, which he uses on his other patients.

Anyhow, if you're tight on $$ (and/or don't have health insurance such that you can seek out a practitioner) the cheapest options I would recommend are JointForce, ICE, and Self Myofascial release.

Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions on the above; I can help point you in the right direction if you're having difficulty getting more info on anything.

domore

Awards
^^^
Nice, detailed post. I have been using Joint Force on my surgically repaired ankle, and it has been helping big time.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
My advice here is going to be partially an echo of others, here are the supplements I've tried, in decreasing order of efficacy:1) Joint Force2) Arnica Gel + Menthol combo3) Tumeric (need to take with food)3) Cissus (lots of GI issues with this tho, with or without food)4) Glucosamine/ChondroitonI must say that for an acute inflammation issue, only Joint Force and plain old ICE give me immediate relief With regards to "soft tissue" therapy, I would recommend:1) ART (Active Release Therapy) - This is basically breaking up scar tissue build up on connective tissue (tendons/ligaments) with manual (read: hand/finger) pressure2) "Rolfing" type techniques (don't necessarily need to find a "Rolfing" practitioner) basically the same as ART but focused on breaking up scar tissue/adhesions in/on skeletal muscle tissue and fascia.3) "Graston" type techniques - Similar to ART but uses "tools" to "scrape" at the scar tissue build up on connective tissue.4) Self Myofascial Release - Similar to the above type techniques, but performing the therapy on yourself, using foam rollers, balls, etc. - You can google this and find tons of youtube videos with ideas here...My chiropractor not only practices hard tissue (i.e. bone) therapy, but also the above soft tissue (i.e. muscle/connective tissue) techniques, and as well I've turned him on to Joint Force, which he uses on his other patients.Anyhow, if you're tight on $$ (and/or don't have health insurance such that you can seek out a practitioner) the cheapest options I would recommend are JointForce, ICE, and Self Myofascial release.Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions on the above; I can help point you in the right direction if you're having difficulty getting more info on anything.
All excellent recommendations. Heartily second foam rollers and, gulp, rolfing even though it has to be up there with childbirth in terms of pain depending on how many adhesions you have and where they are. Rolfing saved me from shoulder surgery, without a doubt. Foam rolling, chiropractic care, and my inversion table keep me on my feet.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My advice here is going to be partially an echo of others, here are the supplements I've tried, in decreasing order of efficacy:

1) Joint Force
2) Arnica Gel + Menthol combo
3) Tumeric (need to take with food)
3) Cissus (lots of GI issues with this tho, with or without food)
4) Glucosamine/Chondroiton

I must say that for an acute inflammation issue, only Joint Force and plain old ICE give me immediate relief

With regards to "soft tissue" therapy, I would recommend:

1) ART (Active Release Therapy) - This is basically breaking up scar tissue build up on connective tissue (tendons/ligaments) with manual (read: hand/finger) pressure
2) "Rolfing" type techniques (don't necessarily need to find a "Rolfing" practitioner) basically the same as ART but focused on breaking up scar tissue/adhesions in/on skeletal muscle tissue and fascia.
3) "Graston" type techniques - Similar to ART but uses "tools" to "scrape" at the scar tissue build up on connective tissue.
4) Self Myofascial Release - Similar to the above type techniques, but performing the therapy on yourself, using foam rollers, balls, etc. - You can google this and find tons of youtube videos with ideas here...

My chiropractor not only practices hard tissue (i.e. bone) therapy, but also the above soft tissue (i.e. muscle/connective tissue) techniques, and as well I've turned him on to Joint Force, which he uses on his other patients.

Anyhow, if you're tight on $$ (and/or don't have health insurance such that you can seek out a practitioner) the cheapest options I would recommend are JointForce, ICE, and Self Myofascial release.

Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions on the above; I can help point you in the right direction if you're having difficulty getting more info on anything.
Joint Force provides a more of an analgesic effect than actual repair /healing but it is a great product. Arnica is one of my favorites as well . Which brand topical Arnica do u use? The with Cissus and Celadrin and we can go wrong

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Joint Force provides a more of an analgesic effect than actual repair /healing but it is a great product. Arnica is one of my favorites as well . Which brand topical Arnica do u use? The with Cissus and Celadrin and we can go wrong
Long term use can in fact assist with repair as continued inflammation prevents / delays healing. Inflammation is bad!

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting info! Anything useful for lower back?

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Jointforce is an excellent pain reliever for the lower back as well. The best thing for lower back issues is to strengthen your core.

muad33b

muad33b

Awards
^^^
Nice, detailed post. I have been using Joint Force on my surgically repaired ankle, and it has been helping big time.
Thanks. Yes, I would definitely use JF as it can help connective tissue repair... supposedly Glucosamine/Chondroiton can as well, but after taking high doses for long periods of time, I came to the conclusion that it didn't do much, and as such wasn't worth the $$ for me. I can honestly say that without JF, from an acute perspective there are days where I couldn't work out without it... and from a chronic perspective, considering all the joint problems I have from years of fighting (grew up in a bad area), martial arts, and lifting, if I hadn't discovered it a couple of years ago when I was at the point of seriously thinking about not lifting anymore, I don't know that I'd still be able to lift heavy like I do...

All excellent recommendations. Heartily second foam rollers and, gulp, rolfing even though it has to be up there with childbirth in terms of pain depending on how many adhesions you have and where they are. Rolfing saved me from shoulder surgery, without a doubt. Foam rolling, chiropractic care, and my inversion table keep me on my feet.
Yea bro, totally right... I should have mentioned, ART, Rolfing, Graston, and Self Myofascial Release, are all on a good day unpleasant... on a bad day, they can be mind numbingly painful during the procedure. I've actually purposely got myself half drunk before then proceeding to beat up (self-rolfing style) the muscles in my forearm, to try to deal with the misery. I've also high-dosed ibuprofen before going the chiropractor to deal with the pain of this stuff... ultimately, I go as long as I can before I (literally) "tap out"... and more often then not, find myself with some bruising and/or petechia (small blood vessels breaking) in the area, especially with the Graston work.

Yea, as I said above, and Truth said as well, JF can actually help repair connective tissue... For Arnica, I actually like this stuff called "Max Muscle Rehab" that is a combination of Arnica & 9% Menthol (and some vitamins) in a little roller bottle... it makes it easier for me to apply and forces a bit of a deep massage... If it's a joint problem, I go with JF, if it's a muscle problem, I'll start with the Arnica/Menthol, but if that's not enough, I've used JF on muscle problems with success as well.

Long term use can in fact assist with repair as continued inflammation prevents / delays healing. Inflammation is bad!
Right on, Inflammation is the enemy... in fact, I should mention that I take a tablespoon of Carlson's fish oil every day to try to help keep it at bay.

Jointforce is an excellent pain reliever for the lower back as well. The best thing for lower back issues is to strengthen your core.
I'm going to heartily second both using JF to relieve inflammation and strengthening your core. I got injured in 5th grade, which temporarily paralyzed me from about the middle of my lower back down. My lower lumbar spine and pelvis had twisted so as not to break, which still affects me to this day. When I first started lifting years ago, I had major back issues after squatting even my own body weight (3+ days in a row where I had to call in to work and just lay on the floor as I couldn't walk) and quit. It wasn't until I discovered chiropractic that I was able to lift again, and the first thing I did as I got back into it was work on my core. Good mornings, SLDL, squats, deadlifts, and crazy ab workouts became part of my routine, although I had to build up slowly. Getting into Martial Arts along the way helped big time as well. I can currently do 10 "dragon flags" (most folks can't do 1), and my PR's are 500x8 on squat (parallel) and 500x2 on deadlift. There is no way that I would be lifting if I hadn't worked on my core seriously; hell I still have to crack my pelvis before I squat/DL... most folks would think that someone with my injury wouldn't even be able to lift their own body weight, never mind where I've gotten to... So managing injuries and inflammation with products like JF, manual therapies like I've mentioned, and strengthening my core, is what allows me to continue to lift today.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. Yes, I would definitely use JF as it can help connective tissue repair... supposedly Glucosamine/Chondroiton can as well, but after taking high doses for long periods of time, I came to the conclusion that it didn't do much, and as such wasn't worth the $$ for me. I can honestly say that without JF, from an acute perspective there are days where I couldn't work out without it... and from a chronic perspective, considering all the joint problems I have from years of fighting (grew up in a bad area), martial arts, and lifting, if I hadn't discovered it a couple of years ago when I was at the point of seriously thinking about not lifting anymore, I don't know that I'd still be able to lift heavy like I do...

Yea bro, totally right... I should have mentioned, ART, Rolfing, Graston, and Self Myofascial Release, are all on a good day unpleasant... on a bad day, they can be mind numbingly painful during the procedure. I've actually purposely got myself half drunk before then proceeding to beat up (self-rolfing style) the muscles in my forearm, to try to deal with the misery. I've also high-dosed ibuprofen before going the chiropractor to deal with the pain of this stuff... ultimately, I go as long as I can before I (literally) "tap out"... and more often then not, find myself with some bruising and/or petechia (small blood vessels breaking) in the area, especially with the Graston work.

Yea, as I said above, and Truth said as well, JF can actually help repair connective tissue... For Arnica, I actually like this stuff called "Max Muscle Rehab" that is a combination of Arnica & 9% Menthol (and some vitamins) in a little roller bottle... it makes it easier for me to apply and forces a bit of a deep massage... If it's a joint problem, I go with JF, if it's a muscle problem, I'll start with the Arnica/Menthol, but if that's not enough, I've used JF on muscle problems with success as well.

Right on, Inflammation is the enemy... in fact, I should mention that I take a tablespoon of Carlson's fish oil every day to try to help keep it at bay.

I'm going to heartily second both using JF to relieve inflammation and strengthening your core. I got injured in 5th grade, which temporarily paralyzed me from about the middle of my lower back down. My lower lumbar spine and pelvis had twisted so as not to break, which still affects me to this day. When I first started lifting years ago, I had major back issues after squatting even my own body weight (3+ days in a row where I had to call in to work and just lay on the floor as I couldn't walk) and quit. It wasn't until I discovered chiropractic that I was able to lift again, and the first thing I did as I got back into it was work on my core. Good mornings, SLDL, squats, deadlifts, and crazy ab workouts became part of my routine, although I had to build up slowly. Getting into Martial Arts along the way helped big time as well. I can currently do 10 "dragon flags" (most folks can't do 1), and my PR's are 500x8 on squat (parallel) and 500x2 on deadlift. There is no way that I would be lifting if I hadn't worked on my core seriously; hell I still have to crack my pelvis before I squat/DL... most folks would think that someone with my injury wouldn't even be able to lift their own body weight, never mind where I've gotten to... So managing injuries and inflammation with products like JF, manual therapies like I've mentioned, and strengthening my core, is what allows me to continue to lift today.
Great info, I have bulged discs. L5-S1 I think, need more scans. Def looking into core, tho got told to stay away from leg work:eek:uts!