My advice here is going to be partially an echo of others, here are the supplements I've tried, in decreasing order of efficacy:
2) Arnica Gel + Menthol combo
3) Tumeric (need to take with food)
3) Cissus (lots of GI issues with this tho, with or without food)
I must say that for an acute inflammation issue, only Joint Force and plain old ICE give me immediate relief
With regards to "soft tissue" therapy, I would recommend:
1) ART (Active Release Therapy) - This is basically breaking up scar tissue build up on connective tissue (tendons/ligaments) with manual (read: hand/finger) pressure
2) "Rolfing" type techniques (don't necessarily need to find a "Rolfing" practitioner) basically the same as ART but focused on breaking up scar tissue/adhesions in/on skeletal muscle tissue and fascia.
3) "Graston" type techniques - Similar to ART but uses "tools" to "scrape" at the scar tissue build up on connective tissue.
4) Self Myofascial Release - Similar to the above type techniques, but performing the therapy on yourself, using foam rollers, balls, etc. - You can google this and find tons of youtube videos with ideas here...
My chiropractor not only practices hard tissue (i.e. bone) therapy, but also the above soft tissue (i.e. muscle/connective tissue) techniques, and as well I've turned him on to Joint Force, which he uses on his other patients.
Anyhow, if you're tight on $$ (and/or don't have health insurance such that you can seek out a practitioner) the cheapest options I would recommend are JointForce, ICE, and Self Myofascial release.
Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions on the above; I can help point you in the right direction if you're having difficulty getting more info on anything.