supplement for tendon inflamation?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Registered User

[QUOTE=VaughnTrue;3652159]Joint-Help is being released this week...

it's the FIRST joint support product to offer immediate pain relief, coupled with joint/tendon/ligament regenerative action.

You get the regenerative part from cissus or from ParActin?

2. Registered User

[QUOTE=amarula;3653855]
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    Joint-Help is being released this week...

it's the FIRST joint support product to offer immediate pain relief, coupled with joint/tendon/ligament regenerative action.

You get the regenerative part from cissus or from ParActin?
    Both.

The normal MOA from cissus, as well as Paractin promoting a more healthy inflammatory response. By helping to reduce inflammation when our bodies do not want it(IE - joint paint), it gives the body the time/ability to actually treat the injury
    iForce Nutrition Representative - iTrain. iCompete. iDominate.
    iForce Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iForceNutrition
    iForce website: www.iforcenutrition.com
  3. Registered User

[QUOTE=VaughnTrue;3653862]
    Quote Originally Posted by amarula View Post

Both.

The normal MOA from cissus, as well as Paractin promoting a more healthy inflammatory response. By helping to reduce inflammation when our bodies do not want it(IE - joint paint), it gives the body the time/ability to actually treat the injury

Thank you for answering so rapidly. Hope I can come here soon and review positively cissus
    •   

4. Registered User

Anyone knows what colour should be the cissus powder?
  5. Registered User

Anyone knows what colour should be the cissus powder?
    brownish blahish
    iForce Nutrition Representative - iTrain. iCompete. iDominate.
    iForce Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iForceNutrition
    iForce website: www.iforcenutrition.com
  6. Registered User

Ok then. It fits with what I have. I've bought from Livelong. I will update for results
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

You can throw 5-10 grams of bulk Cissus powder into a protein shake along with some EFA's and get some decent analgesic effect that day. Tumeric/curcumin/pycnogenol/devil's claw, cat claw/celadrin can all aid in tamping down the inflammation and boosting the healing process. If none of that works..you've probably got a real injury on your hands. That's when I bust out the R3-IGF.

Joint Help definitely looks interesting.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    You can throw 5-10 grams of bulk Cissus powder into a protein shake along with some EFA's and get some decent analgesic effect that day. Tumeric/curcumin/pycnogenol/devil's claw, cat claw/celadrin can all aid in tamping down the inflammation and boosting the healing process. If none of that works..you've probably got a real injury on your hands. That's when I bust out the R3-IGF.

Joint Help definitely looks interesting.
    I've used Jointforce to good effect on similar injuries. It attacks the inflamation locally with the issues that systemic administration can cause. If used long term it can help heal the injury instead of only treating the pain.
    E-PHARM Nutrition Representative
    Better one ugly truth than a million pretty lies
    Check Out Ur-Spray and D-Serine at Prototype Nutrition

9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  4 lbs.

I have AC joint arthritis and the only thing that I find to help with immediate pain relief if Joint Spray.

I know it probably sounds like shilling, but it isn't; I was originally rolling my eyes at Pat when he offered to send me a joint spray some 3-4 years ago, but surprisingly, it actually helps. Not a day goes by where I don't use it with my knees and shoulder, considering exercise does not help my shoulder at all and knees are just preventative maintenance heat, coupled with EFS sleeves.
  10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by truthornothin View Post
    I've used Jointforce to good effect on similar injuries. It attacks the inflamation locally with the issues that systemic administration can cause. If used long term it can help heal the injury instead of only treating the pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
    I have AC joint arthritis and the only thing that I find to help with immediate pain relief if Joint Spray.

I know it probably sounds like shilling, but it isn't; I was originally rolling my eyes at Pat when he offered to send me a joint spray some 3-4 years ago, but surprisingly, it actually helps. Not a day goes by where I don't use it with my knees and shoulder, considering exercise does not help my shoulder at all and knees are just preventative maintenance heat, coupled with EFS sleeves.
    Combo!!!
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  11. Registered User

My advice here is going to be partially an echo of others, here are the supplements I've tried, in decreasing order of efficacy:

1) Joint Force
    2) Arnica Gel + Menthol combo
    3) Tumeric (need to take with food)
    3) Cissus (lots of GI issues with this tho, with or without food)
    4) Glucosamine/Chondroiton

I must say that for an acute inflammation issue, only Joint Force and plain old ICE give me immediate relief

With regards to "soft tissue" therapy, I would recommend:

1) ART (Active Release Therapy) - This is basically breaking up scar tissue build up on connective tissue (tendons/ligaments) with manual (read: hand/finger) pressure
    2) "Rolfing" type techniques (don't necessarily need to find a "Rolfing" practitioner) basically the same as ART but focused on breaking up scar tissue/adhesions in/on skeletal muscle tissue and fascia.
    3) "Graston" type techniques - Similar to ART but uses "tools" to "scrape" at the scar tissue build up on connective tissue.
    4) Self Myofascial Release - Similar to the above type techniques, but performing the therapy on yourself, using foam rollers, balls, etc. - You can google this and find tons of youtube videos with ideas here...

My chiropractor not only practices hard tissue (i.e. bone) therapy, but also the above soft tissue (i.e. muscle/connective tissue) techniques, and as well I've turned him on to Joint Force, which he uses on his other patients.

Anyhow, if you're tight on $$ (and/or don't have health insurance such that you can seek out a practitioner) the cheapest options I would recommend are JointForce, ICE, and Self Myofascial release.

Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions on the above; I can help point you in the right direction if you're having difficulty getting more info on anything.
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  12. Registered User

^^^
    Nice, detailed post. I have been using Joint Force on my surgically repaired ankle, and it has been helping big time.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by muad33b View Post
    My advice here is going to be partially an echo of others, here are the supplements I've tried, in decreasing order of efficacy:1) Joint Force2) Arnica Gel + Menthol combo3) Tumeric (need to take with food)3) Cissus (lots of GI issues with this tho, with or without food)4) Glucosamine/ChondroitonI must say that for an acute inflammation issue, only Joint Force and plain old ICE give me immediate relief With regards to "soft tissue" therapy, I would recommend:1) ART (Active Release Therapy) - This is basically breaking up scar tissue build up on connective tissue (tendons/ligaments) with manual (read: hand/finger) pressure2) "Rolfing" type techniques (don't necessarily need to find a "Rolfing" practitioner) basically the same as ART but focused on breaking up scar tissue/adhesions in/on skeletal muscle tissue and fascia.3) "Graston" type techniques - Similar to ART but uses "tools" to "scrape" at the scar tissue build up on connective tissue.4) Self Myofascial Release - Similar to the above type techniques, but performing the therapy on yourself, using foam rollers, balls, etc. - You can google this and find tons of youtube videos with ideas here...My chiropractor not only practices hard tissue (i.e. bone) therapy, but also the above soft tissue (i.e. muscle/connective tissue) techniques, and as well I've turned him on to Joint Force, which he uses on his other patients.Anyhow, if you're tight on $$ (and/or don't have health insurance such that you can seek out a practitioner) the cheapest options I would recommend are JointForce, ICE, and Self Myofascial release.Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions on the above; I can help point you in the right direction if you're having difficulty getting more info on anything.
    All excellent recommendations. Heartily second foam rollers and, gulp, rolfing even though it has to be up there with childbirth in terms of pain depending on how many adhesions you have and where they are. Rolfing saved me from shoulder surgery, without a doubt. Foam rolling, chiropractic care, and my inversion table keep me on my feet.
  14. mw1
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor

My advice here is going to be partially an echo of others, here are the supplements I've tried, in decreasing order of efficacy:

1) Joint Force
    2) Arnica Gel + Menthol combo
    3) Tumeric (need to take with food)
    3) Cissus (lots of GI issues with this tho, with or without food)
    4) Glucosamine/Chondroiton

I must say that for an acute inflammation issue, only Joint Force and plain old ICE give me immediate relief

With regards to "soft tissue" therapy, I would recommend:

1) ART (Active Release Therapy) - This is basically breaking up scar tissue build up on connective tissue (tendons/ligaments) with manual (read: hand/finger) pressure
    2) "Rolfing" type techniques (don't necessarily need to find a "Rolfing" practitioner) basically the same as ART but focused on breaking up scar tissue/adhesions in/on skeletal muscle tissue and fascia.
    3) "Graston" type techniques - Similar to ART but uses "tools" to "scrape" at the scar tissue build up on connective tissue.
    4) Self Myofascial Release - Similar to the above type techniques, but performing the therapy on yourself, using foam rollers, balls, etc. - You can google this and find tons of youtube videos with ideas here...

My chiropractor not only practices hard tissue (i.e. bone) therapy, but also the above soft tissue (i.e. muscle/connective tissue) techniques, and as well I've turned him on to Joint Force, which he uses on his other patients.

Anyhow, if you're tight on $$ (and/or don't have health insurance such that you can seek out a practitioner) the cheapest options I would recommend are JointForce, ICE, and Self Myofascial release.

Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions on the above; I can help point you in the right direction if you're having difficulty getting more info on anything.
    Joint Force provides a more of an analgesic effect than actual repair /healing but it is a great product. Arnica is one of my favorites as well . Which brand topical Arnica do u use? The with Cissus and Celadrin and we can go wrong

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Joint Force provides a more of an analgesic effect than actual repair /healing but it is a great product. Arnica is one of my favorites as well . Which brand topical Arnica do u use? The with Cissus and Celadrin and we can go wrong
    Long term use can in fact assist with repair as continued inflammation prevents / delays healing. Inflammation is bad!

16. Registered User

Interesting info! Anything useful for lower back?
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AdelV View Post
    Jointforce is an excellent pain reliever for the lower back as well. The best thing for lower back issues is to strengthen your core.

18. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    ^^^
    Nice, detailed post. I have been using Joint Force on my surgically repaired ankle, and it has been helping big time.
    Thanks. Yes, I would definitely use JF as it can help connective tissue repair... supposedly Glucosamine/Chondroiton can as well, but after taking high doses for long periods of time, I came to the conclusion that it didn't do much, and as such wasn't worth the $$ for me. I can honestly say that without JF, from an acute perspective there are days where I couldn't work out without it... and from a chronic perspective, considering all the joint problems I have from years of fighting (grew up in a bad area), martial arts, and lifting, if I hadn't discovered it a couple of years ago when I was at the point of seriously thinking about not lifting anymore, I don't know that I'd still be able to lift heavy like I do...

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    All excellent recommendations. Heartily second foam rollers and, gulp, rolfing even though it has to be up there with childbirth in terms of pain depending on how many adhesions you have and where they are. Rolfing saved me from shoulder surgery, without a doubt. Foam rolling, chiropractic care, and my inversion table keep me on my feet.
    Yea bro, totally right... I should have mentioned, ART, Rolfing, Graston, and Self Myofascial Release, are all on a good day unpleasant... on a bad day, they can be mind numbingly painful during the procedure. I've actually purposely got myself half drunk before then proceeding to beat up (self-rolfing style) the muscles in my forearm, to try to deal with the misery. I've also high-dosed ibuprofen before going the chiropractor to deal with the pain of this stuff... ultimately, I go as long as I can before I (literally) "tap out"... and more often then not, find myself with some bruising and/or petechia (small blood vessels breaking) in the area, especially with the Graston work.

Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Yea, as I said above, and Truth said as well, JF can actually help repair connective tissue... For Arnica, I actually like this stuff called "Max Muscle Rehab" that is a combination of Arnica & 9% Menthol (and some vitamins) in a little roller bottle... it makes it easier for me to apply and forces a bit of a deep massage... If it's a joint problem, I go with JF, if it's a muscle problem, I'll start with the Arnica/Menthol, but if that's not enough, I've used JF on muscle problems with success as well.

Long term use can in fact assist with repair as continued inflammation prevents / delays healing. Inflammation is bad!
    Right on, Inflammation is the enemy... in fact, I should mention that I take a tablespoon of Carlson's fish oil every day to try to help keep it at bay.

Jointforce is an excellent pain reliever for the lower back as well. The best thing for lower back issues is to strengthen your core.
    I'm going to heartily second both using JF to relieve inflammation and strengthening your core. I got injured in 5th grade, which temporarily paralyzed me from about the middle of my lower back down. My lower lumbar spine and pelvis had twisted so as not to break, which still affects me to this day. When I first started lifting years ago, I had major back issues after squatting even my own body weight (3+ days in a row where I had to call in to work and just lay on the floor as I couldn't walk) and quit. It wasn't until I discovered chiropractic that I was able to lift again, and the first thing I did as I got back into it was work on my core. Good mornings, SLDL, squats, deadlifts, and crazy ab workouts became part of my routine, although I had to build up slowly. Getting into Martial Arts along the way helped big time as well. I can currently do 10 "dragon flags" (most folks can't do 1), and my PR's are 500x8 on squat (parallel) and 500x2 on deadlift. There is no way that I would be lifting if I hadn't worked on my core seriously; hell I still have to crack my pelvis before I squat/DL... most folks would think that someone with my injury wouldn't even be able to lift their own body weight, never mind where I've gotten to... So managing injuries and inflammation with products like JF, manual therapies like I've mentioned, and strengthening my core, is what allows me to continue to lift today.
  19. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

CissusRX worked wonders for me while playing college ball, habitual shoulder & elbow problems kept at bay for sure. Took a little while to kick in but once it did, smooth sailing partner.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  20. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by muad33b

Thanks. Yes, I would definitely use JF as it can help connective tissue repair... supposedly Glucosamine/Chondroiton can as well, but after taking high doses for long periods of time, I came to the conclusion that it didn't do much, and as such wasn't worth the $$ for me. I can honestly say that without JF, from an acute perspective there are days where I couldn't work out without it... and from a chronic perspective, considering all the joint problems I have from years of fighting (grew up in a bad area), martial arts, and lifting, if I hadn't discovered it a couple of years ago when I was at the point of seriously thinking about not lifting anymore, I don't know that I'd still be able to lift heavy like I do...

Yea bro, totally right... I should have mentioned, ART, Rolfing, Graston, and Self Myofascial Release, are all on a good day unpleasant... on a bad day, they can be mind numbingly painful during the procedure. I've actually purposely got myself half drunk before then proceeding to beat up (self-rolfing style) the muscles in my forearm, to try to deal with the misery. I've also high-dosed ibuprofen before going the chiropractor to deal with the pain of this stuff... ultimately, I go as long as I can before I (literally) "tap out"... and more often then not, find myself with some bruising and/or petechia (small blood vessels breaking) in the area, especially with the Graston work.

Yea, as I said above, and Truth said as well, JF can actually help repair connective tissue... For Arnica, I actually like this stuff called "Max Muscle Rehab" that is a combination of Arnica & 9% Menthol (and some vitamins) in a little roller bottle... it makes it easier for me to apply and forces a bit of a deep massage... If it's a joint problem, I go with JF, if it's a muscle problem, I'll start with the Arnica/Menthol, but if that's not enough, I've used JF on muscle problems with success as well.

Right on, Inflammation is the enemy... in fact, I should mention that I take a tablespoon of Carlson's fish oil every day to try to help keep it at bay.

I'm going to heartily second both using JF to relieve inflammation and strengthening your core. I got injured in 5th grade, which temporarily paralyzed me from about the middle of my lower back down. My lower lumbar spine and pelvis had twisted so as not to break, which still affects me to this day. When I first started lifting years ago, I had major back issues after squatting even my own body weight (3+ days in a row where I had to call in to work and just lay on the floor as I couldn't walk) and quit. It wasn't until I discovered chiropractic that I was able to lift again, and the first thing I did as I got back into it was work on my core. Good mornings, SLDL, squats, deadlifts, and crazy ab workouts became part of my routine, although I had to build up slowly. Getting into Martial Arts along the way helped big time as well. I can currently do 10 "dragon flags" (most folks can't do 1), and my PR's are 500x8 on squat (parallel) and 500x2 on deadlift. There is no way that I would be lifting if I hadn't worked on my core seriously; hell I still have to crack my pelvis before I squat/DL... most folks would think that someone with my injury wouldn't even be able to lift their own body weight, never mind where I've gotten to... So managing injuries and inflammation with products like JF, manual therapies like I've mentioned, and strengthening my core, is what allows me to continue to lift today.
    Great info, I have bulged discs. L5-S1 I think, need more scans. Def looking into core, tho got told to stay away from leg workuts!
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Great info, I have bulged discs. L5-S1 I think, need more scans. Def looking into core, tho got told to stay away from leg workuts!
    You can work your legs. I recommend it to keep from developing inconsistencies between your upper and lower body. Just stick to machines, that don't load your back. I thought the leg press would be safe when I had back issues but it seemed to hurt my back at the bottom of the movment. My doctor told me if it didn't hurt it was ok to do. So try light weights to determine which machines are safe and progress from there......CAREFULLY

22. Registered User

You can work your legs. I recommend it to keep from developing inconsistencies between your upper and lower body. Just stick to machines, that don't load your back. I thought the leg press would be safe when I had back issues but it seemed to hurt my back at the bottom of the movment. My doctor told me if it didn't hurt it was ok to do. So try light weights to determine which machines are safe and progress from there......CAREFULLY
    Yeah, Leg press is ironically very rough on your lower back unless you drop your poundage in half and make it strictly a quad movement.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  23. mw1
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

Yeah, Leg press is ironically very rough on your lower back unless you drop your poundage in half and make it strictly a quad movement.
    Your doing it wrong then:yodawg:

Ive pulled muscles in my back a couple times while lifting heavy and everytime the angle played a part

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Through all the posts no one mentioned the most beneficial thing. Rest. Rest the tendons, give them a break. Your going to develop tendonitis if you do not manage it now, and may even experience bursitis.

Anti-inflammatory medications, resting it, and replacing lifting using it with dynamic stretching for a week or two, then ease back into it.

I am not here to throw a sales pitch for a supplement company. I just want to see you heal. I have achilles tendinitis in both my legs. Its no fun.

Fish oil and cissus will help. But only a little. The pain is your body saying "Something is wrong! Stop!". Don't ignore it.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    Through all the posts no one mentioned the most beneficial thing. Rest. Rest the tendons, give them a break. Your going to develop tendonitis if you do not manage it now, and may even experience bursitis.

Anti-inflammatory medications, resting it, and replacing lifting using it with dynamic stretching for a week or two, then ease back into it.

I am not here to throw a sales pitch for a supplement company. I just want to see you heal. I have achilles tendinitis in both my legs. Its no fun.

Fish oil and cissus will help. But only a little. The pain is your body saying "Something is wrong! Stop!". Don't ignore it.
    I have to agree here...rest is the best remedy...in particular long uninterrupted sleep.

Cheers!

-Sean-
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

You should look into the root cause of your inflamation
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  27. Registered User

I did that during my vacations. The problem remained. I'm only lifting 3 times per week, about 50 minutes. I rest alot

I'm taking cissus powder for about 5 days and 80% of the pain is gone. I know that the problem is not solved but cissus seems to be working. I will use it for 2/3 months. The cause of the injury is gone now because I'm no longer doing the heavy daily work I was doing while back

28. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    You should look into the root cause of your inflamation
    I did that during my vacations. The problem remained. I'm only lifting 3 times per week, about 50 minutes. I rest alot

I'm taking cissus powder for about 5 days and 80% of the pain is gone. I know that the problem is not solved but cissus seems to be working. I will use it for 2/3 months. The cause of the injury is gone now because I'm no longer doing the heavy daily work I was doing while back
    I was going to mention that with chronic inflammation due to repetitive use, rest doesn't help that much... rest helps more for acute conditions, but chronic ones need deeper care, which is why I recommended the therapies in my previous post.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.

I was going to mention that with chronic inflammation due to repetitive use, rest doesn't help that much... rest helps more for acute conditions, but chronic ones need deeper care, which is why I recommended the therapies in my previous post.
    Not trying to plug products, but from personal experience I think the best stack to use is Joint Force and Osteo-Sport. It worked wonders for me when I could afford it. The two together I felt like I had never had any previous injuries. It took a while for those feelings and effects to kick in, but when they did it certainly helped me greatly.

Cheers!

-Sean-
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SamBoz19 View Post
    Not trying to plug products, but from personal experience I think the best stack to use is Joint Force and Osteo-Sport. It worked wonders for me when I could afford it. The two together I felt like I had never had any previous injuries. It took a while for those feelings and effects to kick in, but when they did it certainly helped me greatly.

Cheers!

-Sean-
    Plug away, lol Jointforce is a staple in my medicine cabinet and was before I was a rep

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Supplements for tendon and ligament elasticity?
    By Mr.50 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-07-2014, 10:24 PM
  2. Very successful Supplement plan for tendon recovery
    By justreading in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 03:14 AM
  3. supplements for ligaments and tendons
    By taylorperot in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-04-2005, 12:39 PM
  4. whats good for tendonitis/inflamation?
    By Mugzieee in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-13-2004, 11:51 AM
  5. What are must supplements for cutting?
    By Gixxer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-13-2003, 08:04 AM