Do fat burners really work/worth it

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
Why is everyone so crazy about fat burners? Wouldn't taking caffeine basically be as effective as all of the fillers and what not in "fat burners"? I feel like its a lot if hype and the benefit to cost ratio is not very good.
Opinions?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
what constitutes a "fat burner" as you say? what do you speak of?
you compare a singular ingredient (caffeine) to an entire sub-category of products.
"fat burners" are a general topic, with many different structures and compounds.
is caffeine "the best" if you want to "burn fat"?
quite simply - no.
can caffeine be a useful adjunct in fat-loss goals?
sure. ECA stack is considered by many to be among the best and simplest options out there...

can all ppl use caffeine or tolerate ECA?
no.

if you don't like the idea of "fat burner" products, don't use them. :shrug:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Caffeine isn't even really a "fat burner." It's more of an umbrella term that far too many people think constitutes only stimulants.

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
you compare a singular ingredient (caffeine) to an entire sub-category of products.
"fat burners" are a general topic, with many different structures and compounds.
quite simply - no.
sure. ECA stack is considered by many to be among the best and simplest options out there...

no.

Caffeine isn't even really a "fat burner." It's more of an umbrella term that far too many people think constitutes only stimulants.
I'm confused... People always buy "thermogenic fat burners per say" most are loaded with caffeine, what else in it really "burns" fat. Like is there a specific one worth taking, example: oxyelite pro, hydroxycut, redline..etc... I know people say acai berry is good , but does any of this actually burn fat

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I'm confused... People always buy "thermogenic fat burners per say" most are loaded with caffeine, what else in it really "burns" fat. Like is there a specific one worth taking, example: oxyelite pro, hydroxycut, redline..etc... I know people say acai berry is good , but does any of this actually burn fat
"Burning fat" is a pretty broad and worthless term. Many ingredients can stimulate lipolysis or oxidation of fats, yes. ECA will unquestionably yield superior fat loss results versus taking nothing

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established

yohimbine hcl, alpha yohimbine, geranium oil, caffeine for synergy sake, ephedrine hcl, ma huang (alkaloids)

usnic acid (sodium usinate), then most others are great for mental edge for decreasing appetite.

-Matt

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
Ok I see.. So if I was starting a cut and wanted to take one product that had a lot of these/have the most benefit to this what would you guys recommend ?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
If you want to go non stim I have a promo op going for Natural-EFX in the Promo section :)

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Dexaprine will suppress your appetite and give you energy for hours. It'll help, but diet is key.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"Burning fat" is a pretty broad and worthless term. Many ingredients can stimulate lipolysis or oxidation of fats, yes. ECA will unquestionably yield superior fat loss results versus taking nothing
This.

OP i would check out Alphamine if you're looking for a legit "OTC" fat burner.

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
This.

OP i would check out Alphamine if you're looking for a legit "OTC" fat burner.
That's why I wrote it skeptically cause I don't buy that it really "burns fat" reduce appetite maybe, and maybe thermogenically increase metabolism.
I've looked at alphamine, is there really anything spectacular in it?

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are plenty of good fat burners out there, but for my money nothing has beat ECA stack yet. I realize that might not be the choice everyone can make for various reasons, but imo it still remains the champ unless someone wants to go the non-stim route. The fact it also happens to be cheaper than almost every other thermo on the market doesn't hurt either.

ashmo

ashmo

Awards
Alpha T2 Has worked for me lost 3lb of fat in 1 week with not much working out.

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
There are plenty of good fat burners out there, but for my money nothing has beat ECA stack yet. I realize that might not be the choice everyone can make for various reasons, but imo it still remains the champ unless someone wants to go the non-stim route. The fact it also happens to be cheaper than almost every other thermo on the market doesn't hurt either.
Is it even legit anymore? I know a lot of the ephedrine is fake, how do you know?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Is it even legit anymore? I know a lot of the ephedrine is fake, how do you know?
Bronkaide or primetime is the way to go

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's why I wrote it skeptically cause I don't buy that it really "burns fat" reduce appetite maybe, and maybe thermogenically increase metabolism. I've looked at alphamine, is there really anything spectacular in it?
Higenamine - Beta agonist (ephedrine also being a beta agonist)
Yohimbine standardization - A-2 antagonist (essentially shuts off the "stubborn body fat" receptor)
Chlorogenic acid - Insulin mitigation
Caffeine
HICA - Keeps protein synthesis up, allowing more LBM to be retained under severe dieting conditions
.....the list goes on.

Its not the same caffeine, 1,3-DMAA, blah blah blah blend on the market. Simply checking out some of the review threads will provide enough information for you to make a better decision on the products efficacy.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's the difference in effects from ECA and ECY? Is ECA more superior than ECY?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
some ppl (such as myself) cannot tolerate yohimbine..as a stand-alone, it will wreck my world. :(

ECA, never had any issue with whatsoever.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A=aspirin
Y=yohimbine
Ik what they were. I was wondering what difference do they have? Ik some people can't tolerate yohimbe but what If someone can which should one choose?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Ik what they were. I was wondering what difference do they have? Ik some people can't tolerate yohimbe but what If someone can which should one choose?
If you can tolerate it, do ECA + yohimbine

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you can tolerate it, do ECA + yohimbine
Oh wow really? Didnt know u can. Good to know. Might give it a try come spring time. Add a test booster right? To gain strength?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Erase pro would be sick with ecy I bet

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Oh wow really? Didnt know u can. Good to know. Might give it a try come spring time. Add a test booster right? To gain strength?
Testboosters are best used deeper into a cut when testosterone levels naturally fall from a prolonged hypoenergetic state

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
Testboosters are best used deeper into a cut when testosterone levels naturally fall from a prolonged hypoenergetic state
Is there still a noticeable advantage to using one at the beginning, or is it a waste of money compared to benefits in your opinion?

I'm on aromasin right now and in 1 week I will be switching to erase and pretty excited to see how it works

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Basically run the ECA+Y for 6 weeks than say go for a test booster and erase?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Is there still a noticeable advantage to using one at the beginning, or is it a waste of money compared to benefits in your opinion? I'm on aromasin right now and in 1 week I will be switching to erase and pretty excited to see how it works
Certainly, it just depends on the product. There are certain testboosters/AIs that work better when your levels are higher (erase, divanil, etc) and certain ones that work better when your levels are lower (DAA, longjack, etc).

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Basically run the ECA+Y for 6 weeks than say go for a test booster and erase?
You can run ECY for up to 12 weeks if you can tolerate it. Testbooster + erase is always a safe bet. Dose Erase at 100-125mg on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning. I'm also big on Reduce XT at the tail-end of a cut since cortisol spikes become more prominent as "stress" (aka lack of calories) builds up.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can run ECY for up to 12 weeks if you can tolerate it. Testbooster + erase is always a safe bet. Dose Erase at 100-125mg on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning. I'm also big on Reduce XT at the tail-end of a cut since cortisol spikes become more prominent as "stress" (aka lack of calories) builds up.
Oh wow. Didn't know much on ECY I appreciate the shared knowledge. I had no idea it can be ran for 12 weeks. I'm def going to give it a run in te future. I love erase. Sounds good.

rtc

Awards
Could somebody pm me a good/reliable source of E for ECA stack?

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im feeling arthritic just reading your Erase recommendation.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Could somebody pm me a good/reliable source of E for ECA stack?
Primatene or Bronkaid, found behind the counter of places like Wal-Mart or Walgreens.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I seem to respond best to Alphamine and Shift for fat burning effects, I've tried the ECA and my body doesn't take well to a high amount of Ephedrine.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
quite simply - no.

no.

This. I take green tea which is a fat loss supplement but it's also very good for other things. Some of these fat loss supplements have multiple benefits

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If diet and training are in check, they really speed things up if you find out what work for you.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The fat burning patch is freaking amazing. One of my buddy that is very very fat and does not exercise and has not changed his diet to much and still lost 8 pounds. So to answer your question I know the age force fat burner works!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The fat burning patch is freaking amazing. One of my buddy that is very very fat and does not exercise and has not changed his diet to much and still lost 8 pounds. So to answer your question I know the age force fat burner works!
You wouldn't catch so much flack if you didn't make dumb claims like this. Sorry for being brutally honest but I know many others here feel the same way. In the future, realistic feedback and explanations of how the product works will go far.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Makes me hate my country, I cant buy anything from the ECY stack haha.

Is Yohimbe the same/ similar to Yohimbine? I assume Alphamine has this? Just wondering if I can import it or not...

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Sorry for being brutally honest
one should always be held accountable for their actions..no apology necessary.
the brutal part - well, that's a pc issue, and as an adjective is open to personal opinion of course. :D

Is Yohimbe the same/ similar to Yohimbine?
yohimbe is the plant form, herbal, as in holistic medicine..it has many different alkaloids, and for use purely as alpha-2 antagonist intent, is inferior to yohimbine.

yohimbine hcl is the pure pharmaceutical form of the compound, and isolated to the alpha-2 antagonist, meaning it inhibits the effect of alpha-2 receptors.

if you want to use it for weight loss, yohimbine is the way to go..
if you want to use as a sexual aid, yohimbe conversely may be better.

think of the old ephedra (plant)/ephedrine(pharma) differentiation..
or, citrus aurantium (bitter orange, plant)/synephrine (pharma).

(i do miss ephedra tho - the good stuff, not the weak ephedra extracts) :(

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
one should always be held accountable for their actions..no apology necessary.
the brutal part - well, that's a pc issue, and as an adjective is open to personal opinion of course. :D

yohimbe is the plant form, herbal, as in holistic medicine..it has many different alkaloids, and for use purely as alpha-2 antagonist intent, is inferior to yohimbine.

yohimbine hcl is the pure pharmaceutical form of the compound, and isolated to the alpha-2 antagonist, meaning it inhibits the effect of alpha-2 receptors.

if you want to use it for weight loss, yohimbine is the way to go..
if you want to use as a sexual aid, yohimbe conversely may be better.

think of the old ephedra (plant)/ephedrine(pharma) differentiation..
or, citrus aurantium (bitter orange, plant)/synephrine (pharma).

(i do miss ephedra tho - the good stuff, not the weak ephedra extracts) :(
Great clarification. I will also add the yohimbe is superior for appetite suppression because certain alkaloids induce nausea :D

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
^^ true dat LOL.
more sides can potentially exist, exactly due to the addtl alkaloids present in the plant.