Do fat burners really work/worth it

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    one should always be held accountable for their actions..no apology necessary.
    the brutal part - well, that's a pc issue, and as an adjective is open to personal opinion of course.

yohimbe is the plant form, herbal, as in holistic medicine..it has many different alkaloids, and for use purely as alpha-2 antagonist intent, is inferior to yohimbine.

yohimbine hcl is the pure pharmaceutical form of the compound, and isolated to the alpha-2 antagonist, meaning it inhibits the effect of alpha-2 receptors.

if you want to use it for weight loss, yohimbine is the way to go..
    if you want to use as a sexual aid, yohimbe conversely may be better.

think of the old ephedra (plant)/ephedrine(pharma) differentiation..
    or, citrus aurantium (bitter orange, plant)/synephrine (pharma).

(i do miss ephedra tho - the good stuff, not the weak ephedra extracts)
    Just the response I was after. Yohimbine is prohibited for import so was just making sure before I bought alphamine

And just making an assumption, do any of the supps target t3 & t4 production? I assume if you take a product that assists in lipolysis then one that stimulates t3&t4 production, you'd have a pretty good fat burner?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Just the response I was after. Yohimbine is prohibited for import so was just making sure before I bought alphamine

And just making an assumption, do any of the supps target t3 & t4 production? I assume if you take a product that assists in lipolysis then one that stimulates t3&t4 production, you'd have a pretty good fat burner?
    Look into Reduce XT and/or forskolin for that purpose
    •   

3. ^^oooo love me some forskolin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    I assume if you take a product that assists in lipolysis then one that stimulates t3&t4 production, you'd have a pretty good fat burner?
    that is a mean combo for sure - and can be a lil scary in its quick-acting effects.

when i combined a fatburner with iForce TT-33 earlier this yr, all hell broke loose..weight just melted off me.
    PES shift would be another option, a bit different..
    imo - for me, i dont really care to mess with thyroid production, and will be cautious should i go that route again.

4. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0
    ^^oooo love me some forskolin.
    that is a mean combo for sure - and can be a lil scary in its quick-acting effects.

when i combined a fatburner with iForce TT-33 earlier this yr, all hell broke loose..weight just melted off me.
    PES shift would be another option, a bit different..
    imo - for me, i dont really care to mess with thyroid production, and will be cautious should i go that route again.
    Agreed, I've had my t3/4 checked before cause I had symptoms of hyperthyroidism and turned out not to be but if those are the symptoms of it I don't want it / hypo either.

5. At the end of the day .....

clen would be my number 1 pick

ECA would of course be 2nd

Never a fan of messing with thyroid....

I will also use yohimbine HCL --both oral and Topical --DermaTherm Target

Then let the diet strip most of it away... train high volume

-Matt

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5 View Post
    Agreed, I've had my t3/4 checked before cause I had symptoms of hyperthyroidism and turned out not to be but if those are the symptoms of it I don't want it / hypo either.
    whats body fat like and ability to keep muscle when hyperthyroid?

-Matt

7. Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter

whats body fat like and ability to keep muscle when hyperthyroid?

-Matt
    I'm confused what your asking?
    My bf is probably 12% I'd guess at 5'10" 227lbs
    Ability to keep muscle when hyperthyroid?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5 View Post
    I'm confused what your asking?
    My bf is probably 12% I'd guess at 5'10" 227lbs
    Ability to keep muscle when hyperthyroid?
    I know everyone has different symptoms when hyperthyroid -- just wondering what exactly you deal with?

Weight loss ? Hard to keep or accrue muscle? Increased appetite?

Hair shedding? When did you get diagnosed with it?

-matt

9. Please don't go about self-diagnosing thyroid issues. Symptoms of hyperthyroidism are absurdly broad and applicable to a million different conditions.

"Oh, I can't gain weight! And I hate getting too hot and sweaty! And sometimes I get anxiety! Hyperthyroidism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!"

10. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Please don't go about self-diagnosing thyroid issues. Symptoms of hyperthyroidism are absurdly broad and applicable to a million different conditions.

"Oh, I can't gain weight! And I hate getting too hot and sweaty! And sometimes I get anxiety! Hyperthyroidism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!"
    Lol. The one I love is when big people who don't exercise or diet complain they can't lose weight because there thyroid isnt working properly..
    •   

11. Hair shredding yes! But MPB in family hardcore. They checked my levels and they were fine. Just at first my general symptoms matched that of hyperthyroid.
    Couldn't sleep, increased heart rate, palpitations and so on

12. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Lol. The one I love is when big people who don't exercise or diet complain they can't lose weight because there thyroid isnt working properly..

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 05:25 PM
  2. Do liver protectors really work???
    By primer220 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 11:57 PM
  3. do fat burners affect strength
    By rk2011 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 11:01 PM
  4. fat burner that works?