Do fat burners really work/worth it

Page 3 of 3 First 123

  1. Just out of curiosity for you guys who are sensitive to Yohimbine, what sides do u guys notice?

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Independent


  2. for me - makes heart race, messes with bp..has set off a panic attack or two.
    (i'm hard-headed sometimes, and need to see the result numerous times before i learn my lesson)

    synephrine did much the same to me, only on a greater scale.

    ephedra/ephedrine, no issues with at all.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0
    for me - makes heart race, messes with bp..has set off a panic attack or two.
    (i'm hard-headed sometimes, and need to see the result numerous times before i learn my lesson)

    synephrine did much the same to me, only on a greater scale.

    ephedra/ephedrine, no issues with at all.
    Glad I asked. I started taking alphamine after it first came out and holy shiit I felt like crap heart racing, panic attack etc I've never had panic attacks so I obviously quit taking wasn't sure which ingredient it was but I have a better idea now. I took SNS Yohimbine this summer and noticed similar symptoms on a smaller scale, mostly anxiety which I just figured I was very stressed from work.

    Thanks

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Independent

  4. Fat burners work directly in a small way (as far as actual increase in metabolism), and indirectly in a large way. - If you lack the energy and motivation to actually get through your training, you should see a large increase in drive/desire to get in and train.

    Now, knowing that fat-burners work far better on an empty stomach, it can sometimes be difficult to justify for bodybuilders unless you're in a cutting phase. Since you guys eat so often, the timing off the product has to be dead-on accurate, because as soon as you take in a meal, you'll more than likely no longer feel the effects.

    It makes sense that most pre-workout powders contain many (if not all) of the same actives you'll see in a stimulant/fat-burner pill.

    The motivation to train can make all the difference. If I had to pick only one supplement to use for my lifetime, it would be a stimulant/fat-burner.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Just out of curiosity for you guys who are sensitive to Yohimbine, what sides do u guys notice?

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    I can handle Alpha-Y (Alphaburn ingredient that Matt P brought to the market) and Alphamine, but regular Y drives me bonkers. Generally crap feeling. Increased heart rate, anxiety, stomach discomfort, I stay away.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Just out of curiosity for you guys who are sensitive to Yohimbine, what sides do u guys notice?

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Hell yes. - I sometimes even feel like I have the flu when I take it...also, really bad shrinkage.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    also, really bad shrinkage.


    oh, me too.
    could never figure out why they advise that stuff for sexual function.

    but, i saw so much affirmative feedback to this effect..so, i thought i was the only one affected adversely.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post


    oh, me too.
    could never figure out why they advise that stuff for sexual function.

    but, i saw so much affirmative feedback to this effect..so, i thought i was the only one affected adversely.
    I remember the first time I took it, staring down, and then looking at the bottle that said "vasodialator" and being totally mind-bent. I swore up and down that someone made a typo in a clinical document...apparently it just works that way with some people. I can't stand the stuff, and I get so bummed out when I see it in a product that I want to try.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    You wouldn't catch so much flack if you didn't make dumb claims like this. Sorry for being brutally honest but I know many others here feel the same way. In the future, realistic feedback and explanations of how the product works will go far.
    I am not trying to get technical because I'm just trying to point out the fact that fat burners work and was using the fat burner patch as example. I guess I guess I could have recommend him to any other fat burner and would have said the same thing!
    Knowledge is power- The power to do your part and make a difference.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    I am not trying to get technical because I'm just trying to point out the fact that fat burners work and was using the fat burner patch as example. I guess I guess I could have recommend him to any other fat burner and would have said the same thing!
    I wasn't speaking so much about technicalities but rather unrealistic claims. For instance, (and this is assuming that everything works as advertised) Tyr-somatostatin cannot produce actual weight loss but can shift substrate metabolism to fatty acids if the individual is GH deficient. 3,5 T2 cannot induce weight loss due to physiological differences between humans and rats, particularly with respect to brown adipose tissue. So when you say that someone lost 10 lbs without any change in their lifestyle, it's unrealistic. Taking even a placebo can induce lifestyle changes, irrespective of whether or not the user actually reports "changing" anything.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    one should always be held accountable for their actions..no apology necessary.
    the brutal part - well, that's a pc issue, and as an adjective is open to personal opinion of course.


    yohimbe is the plant form, herbal, as in holistic medicine..it has many different alkaloids, and for use purely as alpha-2 antagonist intent, is inferior to yohimbine.

    yohimbine hcl is the pure pharmaceutical form of the compound, and isolated to the alpha-2 antagonist, meaning it inhibits the effect of alpha-2 receptors.

    if you want to use it for weight loss, yohimbine is the way to go..
    if you want to use as a sexual aid, yohimbe conversely may be better.

    think of the old ephedra (plant)/ephedrine(pharma) differentiation..
    or, citrus aurantium (bitter orange, plant)/synephrine (pharma).

    (i do miss ephedra tho - the good stuff, not the weak ephedra extracts)
    Just the response I was after. Yohimbine is prohibited for import so was just making sure before I bought alphamine

    And just making an assumption, do any of the supps target t3 & t4 production? I assume if you take a product that assists in lipolysis then one that stimulates t3&t4 production, you'd have a pretty good fat burner?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Just the response I was after. Yohimbine is prohibited for import so was just making sure before I bought alphamine

    And just making an assumption, do any of the supps target t3 & t4 production? I assume if you take a product that assists in lipolysis then one that stimulates t3&t4 production, you'd have a pretty good fat burner?
    Look into Reduce XT and/or forskolin for that purpose

  13. ^^oooo love me some forskolin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    I assume if you take a product that assists in lipolysis then one that stimulates t3&t4 production, you'd have a pretty good fat burner?
    that is a mean combo for sure - and can be a lil scary in its quick-acting effects.

    when i combined a fatburner with iForce TT-33 earlier this yr, all hell broke loose..weight just melted off me.
    PES shift would be another option, a bit different..
    imo - for me, i dont really care to mess with thyroid production, and will be cautious should i go that route again.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0
    ^^oooo love me some forskolin.
    that is a mean combo for sure - and can be a lil scary in its quick-acting effects.

    when i combined a fatburner with iForce TT-33 earlier this yr, all hell broke loose..weight just melted off me.
    PES shift would be another option, a bit different..
    imo - for me, i dont really care to mess with thyroid production, and will be cautious should i go that route again.
    Agreed, I've had my t3/4 checked before cause I had symptoms of hyperthyroidism and turned out not to be but if those are the symptoms of it I don't want it / hypo either.

  15. At the end of the day .....

    clen would be my number 1 pick

    ECA would of course be 2nd

    Never a fan of messing with thyroid....

    I will also use yohimbine HCL --both oral and Topical --DermaTherm Target

    Then let the diet strip most of it away... train high volume

    -Matt

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5 View Post
    Agreed, I've had my t3/4 checked before cause I had symptoms of hyperthyroidism and turned out not to be but if those are the symptoms of it I don't want it / hypo either.
    whats body fat like and ability to keep muscle when hyperthyroid?

    -Matt

  17. Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter

    whats body fat like and ability to keep muscle when hyperthyroid?

    -Matt
    I'm confused what your asking?
    My bf is probably 12% I'd guess at 5'10" 227lbs
    Ability to keep muscle when hyperthyroid?

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5 View Post
    I'm confused what your asking?
    My bf is probably 12% I'd guess at 5'10" 227lbs
    Ability to keep muscle when hyperthyroid?
    I know everyone has different symptoms when hyperthyroid -- just wondering what exactly you deal with?

    Weight loss ? Hard to keep or accrue muscle? Increased appetite?

    Hair shedding? When did you get diagnosed with it?

    -matt

  19. Please don't go about self-diagnosing thyroid issues. Symptoms of hyperthyroidism are absurdly broad and applicable to a million different conditions.

    "Oh, I can't gain weight! And I hate getting too hot and sweaty! And sometimes I get anxiety! Hyperthyroidism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!"

  20. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Please don't go about self-diagnosing thyroid issues. Symptoms of hyperthyroidism are absurdly broad and applicable to a million different conditions.

    "Oh, I can't gain weight! And I hate getting too hot and sweaty! And sometimes I get anxiety! Hyperthyroidism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!"
    Lol. The one I love is when big people who don't exercise or diet complain they can't lose weight because there thyroid isnt working properly..

  21. Hair shredding yes! But MPB in family hardcore. They checked my levels and they were fine. Just at first my general symptoms matched that of hyperthyroid.
    Couldn't sleep, increased heart rate, palpitations and so on

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Lol. The one I love is when big people who don't exercise or diet complain they can't lose weight because there thyroid isnt working properly..

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 05:25 PM
  2. Do liver protectors really work???
    By primer220 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 11:57 PM
  3. do fat burners affect strength
    By rk2011 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 11:01 PM
  4. fat burner that works?
    By cubbyiguana in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 02:21 AM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 05:36 PM
Log in
Log in