No Whey Pumpkin Pie

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay guys, normally I don't drink protein or recommend it. But when AI said they were bring out a Pumpkin Pie flavor I had to try it. It tastes pretty darn good guys, 12 ounces of almond milk + 2 scoops (1 serving) and it is nice and thick kinda like between a milkshake and a normal whey shake.
It's Rice and Pea protein so I was really skeptical about getting this but I said f*ck it and decided if it didnt mix well I'd just make pancakes with it. There were very small clumps in there and I am guessing that is the pea protein but I didn't mind it. Kinda felt like those were the "bread crumbs" to the pie.
There is a code for it, idk if I am supposed to release that or not so pm jiggamanbill for it! Got me a nice discount that basically came out to be less than the original price with shipping included.

I'll edit the pic in when my phone wants to work lol

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
lol i almost want to order this just to make pancakes with it. now that you said it tastes good, im probly gonna make it happen. thanks for review bud

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol i almost want to order this just to make pancakes with it. now that you said it tastes good, im probly gonna make it happen. thanks for review bud
pancakes, oats, shakes, muffins I'm gonna make it ALL!
lol and not a prob bro, you're gonna love it

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My girl would prolly love this. She is all into that pumpkin stuff

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its very good and Ive maade a few recipes myself

we are giving away one tub per day this month on our facebook page Facebook.com/AISportsNutrition

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Okay guys, normally I don't drink protein or recommend it. But when AI said they were bring out a Pumpkin Pie flavor I had to try it. It tastes pretty darn good guys, 12 ounces of almond milk + 2 scoops (1 serving) and it is nice and thick kinda like between a milkshake and a normal whey shake.
It's Rice and Pea protein so I was really skeptical about getting this but I said f*ck it and decided if it didnt mix well I'd just make pancakes with it. There were very small clumps in there and I am guessing that is the pea protein but I didn't mind it. Kinda felt like those were the "bread crumbs" to the pie.
There is a code for it, idk if I am supposed to release that or not so pm jiggamanbill for it! Got me a nice discount that basically came out to be less than the original price with shipping included.

I'll edit the pic in when my phone wants to work lol
LOL- Jeff has been talking about doing this for 5 years- glad he finally got the chance- sounds like good stuff

Riskyb

Awards
I'm assuming you can cook rice and pea Protien. Cassein is ok as well. But I remember reading somewhere that whey Protien denatures I believe in heat.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm assuming you can cook rice and pea Protien. Cassein is ok as well. But I remember reading somewhere that whey Protien denatures I believe in heat.

all protein denatures in meat.

But think about it...chicken = protein...and we cook that all the time.

Don't worry about cooking with your protein powders, they're fine.

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

This ^

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok guys just had my first scoop of this stuff

Taste 9/10...nice taste deff not something I have to choke down or anything...I rather enjoyed it and took my time drinking it

Mixabilty 8/10...by far the thickest protein I've ever used...it was a work out shaking it lol...I mixed two scoops with 10oz of milk so I will try water next time...but the taste is good so it's not bad being thick it's like a milkshake lol

Overall I have to say a 9.5/10 just because all I ordered was the protein and they sent me a free shirt (xl) to big for my skinny ass lol so maybe it will be a night shirt for my new gf or something...plus a ton of free samples and getting 30% off the protein to start with was great! I'd say give it a try guys it's really good ill try to get a video up later thanks AI

P.s totally unsponsored

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL- Jeff has been talking about doing this for 5 years- glad he finally got the chance- sounds like good stuff
I know, its pretty funny. he and I share the pumpkin pie addiction too. Its been fun times we ended up out together eating and bumped into a place with some sort of pumpkin pie specialty food :)

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok guys just had my first scoop of this stuff

Taste 9/10...nice taste deff not something I have to choke down or anything...I rather enjoyed it and took my time drinking it

Mixabilty 8/10...by far the thickest protein I've ever used...it was a work out shaking it lol...I mixed two scoops with 10oz of milk so I will try water next time...but the taste is good so it's not bad being thick it's like a milkshake lol

Overall I have to say a 9.5/10 just because all I ordered was the protein and they sent me a free shirt (xl) to big for my skinny ass lol so maybe it will be a night shirt for my new gf or something...plus a ton of free samples and getting 30% off the protein to start with was great! I'd say give it a try guys it's really good ill try to get a video up later thanks AI

P.s totally unsponsored
try 12 ounces! and did your sample pack come with a little army dude? I am so confused lol

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

i think you mean heat.

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
This stuff does look nice, what is your guy's opinion on their new Massularia

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
About to try it with water, just gonna use half a scoop in 3 ounces of water just in case I don't like it lol

edit: nvm gonna go buy more almond milk lol

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Idk what happened today but I guess I shook it too long? Got so damn thick I almost took the damn top off my shaker

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
I like the flavor idea, but am hearing mixed reviews on the product. The price is what's keeping me from trying it though. Pretty pricey for pea protein.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like the flavor idea, but am hearing mixed reviews on the product. The price is what's keeping me from trying it though. Pretty pricey for pea protein.
well, there are always relatively high % off coupons available for sales direct through our site, so the direct price isn't really the story. At least 1-2x a year we run a sale at 50% off.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
well, there are always relatively high % off coupons available for sales direct through our site, so the direct price isn't really the story. At least 1-2x a year we run a sale at 50% off.
That's true. Like I said, I love the flavoring idea as I too am a huge Pumpkin fan. I'm sure I will try some at some point.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's true. Like I said, I love the flavoring idea as I too am a huge Pumpkin fan. I'm sure I will try some at some point.
the texture definitely is a little different, but I like it. the flavoring is done exceptionally well. The other plus is that it definitely cooks nicer than whey does, without becoming "gloopy". we'll probably have samples available of it soon

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been playing around with it and 4 ounces of water + 8 ounces of milk has given me the best results with both solubility and viscosity (yeah I know terms!)

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established

Don't some of the artificial sweeteners get screwed up if heated too much? I remember hearing that aspartame did, so it might be an issue with some of the others as well. Please let me know, as I have wondered about this for awhile.

All I know is that if I make oatmeal and add whey to the boiling oats, it tastes really bad. If I add a little cold water (just enough to get it cooled down under 200 degrees or so) first, the taste and consistency is whey better (sorry about that horrible joke...I have a problem...).

Best,
Tyler

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
nows the time to pick some up i just bought two. basically buy 1 get 1 free with the black friday deal.