Cissus Experts

oakmuscle

Awards
Im have bulk cissus powder that ive been using for an injury. Ive read that cissus is anabolic in bone. Im wondering if there is any possible way it would increase jaw size be it the bone mass or the muscles surrounding the jaw?

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
I don't know the answer, but I'm gonna go with a big no...

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's not human growth hormone.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Im have bulk cissus powder that ive been using for an injury. Ive read that cissus is anabolic in bone. Im wondering if there is any possible way it would increase jaw size be it the bone mass or the muscles surrounding the jaw?
Probably not. Some of the natural chemical components in Cissus quadrangularis are pentacyclic triterpenes; from what I have seen, they are related (at least structurally) to ursolic acid and bredemolic acid (bredemolic can be made from maslinic acid). Most of the SAR research I have looked at involves the ability of these components to suppresse NFK-β (stress pathway) and inhibit glycogen phosphorylase (allostearic inhibition). They may also work through NO/cGMP pathway (all triterpenes do this), and they may be anabolic through the suppression of bone loss via inhibiting NFK-β.....

oakmuscle

Awards
Probably not. Some of the natural chemical components in Cissus quadrangularis are pentacyclic triterpenes; from what I have seen, they are related (at least structurally) to ursolic acid and bredemolic acid (bredemolic can be made from maslinic acid). Most of the SAR research I have looked at involves the ability of these components to suppresse NFK-β (stress pathway) and inhibit glycogen phosphorylase (allostearic inhibition). They may also work through NO/cGMP pathway (all triterpenes do this), and they may be anabolic through the suppression of bone loss via inhibiting NFK-β.....
Id be lying if I said I understood this lol.