Thoughts on PNI Paragon?

dlucks

Awards
  • Established
How do the ingredients look for you supplement experts?
Vitamine D-31,000 IU250%
Urtica Dioica Extract334 mg**
Prunella Vulgaris Extract234 mg**
Euonymus Alatus Extract200 mg**
Forskolin 50%34 mg**
Menaquinone-410 mg**
N-Methyl-D-Aspartic Acid10 mg
Ingredients:
NMDA
D-Aspartic Acid is incredibly popular as a testosterone booster -- and for good reason, as studies have shown that a dose of 3000mg/day can dramatically increase testosterone levels in men. N-methyl D-Aspartate is simply a more powerful form of DAA: It appears to be 100 times more potent on an equimolar basis (ref), and has a fundamentally-identical mechanism of action. Like DAA, it induces LH release and increases mRNA expression of the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) -- a protein which shuttles cholesterol into the mitochondria of steroidogenic cells, and which represents the first rate-limiting step in steroid biosynthesis. There's no need to reference DAA studies: NMDA itself has been shown to dramatically increase testosterone in animal models. (ref)
Menaquinone-4
MK-4 is the most active form of vitamin K, and is found in high concentrations in the testes. Studies in animals have shown that Vitamin K/MK4 deficiency leads to reduced expression of steroidogenic genes and low testosterone levels (ref); another study has shown that MK-4 supplementation can increase testosterone levels via the induction of protein kinase A, CREB, and, most importantly, P450scc. (ref) • PKA is a multi-functional enzyme which activates steroidogenic transcription factors such as steroidogenic factor 1, GATA-4, and the aforementioned StAR. Like StAR, PKA also directly facilitates cholesterol transport into the mitochondria of leydig cells. (ref) PKA is also a positive regulator of the P450scc enzyme.• CREB is a upstream regulator of the aforementioned StAR, and increases in CREB expression have been shown to increase StAR promoter activity, StAR mRNA, and StAR protein levels in leydig cells. (ref)• P450scc is the 'side-chain-cleavage' enzyme which converts cholesterol to pregnenolone -- and after StAR shuttles cholesterol into the mitochondria of steroidogenic cells, this becomes the rate-limiting step in testosterone biosynthesis. If StAR is sufficiently activated, P450scc is the bottleneck. Paragon amplifies P450scc expression with a hefty dose of MK-4 and destroys this bottleneck, allowing for much greater testosterone production.
Vitamin D3​
Vitamin D represents another way to boost testosterone levels. Its mechanism of action has not been entirely elucidated, but seems to involve 17b-HSD induction. (ref, ref) While not a rate-limiting step, increases in 17b-HSD enzyme activity should increase the rate of conversion of DHEA to androstenediol, and therefore speed-up testosterone biosynthesis. Regardless of mechanism, it's very clear that the stuff works: Vitamin D3 has been shown to increase testosterone levels in healthy adult males (ref), and two recent studies have shown a correlation between serum Vitamin D levels and testosterone levels. (ref, ref) Vitamin D may also improve muscle function (ref, ref) and athletic performance. (ref, ref) Given its many benefits, and its ability to potentially increase testosterone via a seemingly-unique mechanism, its role in Paragon is well warranted.
Forskolin​
Forskolin is a potent cAMP-activator which should increase testosterone biosynthesis via a now-familiar mechanism: cAMP activation leads to Protein Kinase A phosphorylation and CREB induction, PKA and CREB both potentiate StAR, which then increases transport of cholesterol into the mitochondria. LH itself works in a nearly identical manner. At the dose contained in Prodigy It has been shown to increase testosterone levels in healthy adult men (ref). It also has beneficial effects where body composition is concerned -- due to increases in testosterone and induction of hormone sensitive lipase (HSL), an enzyme which is usually the rate-limiting step in lipolysis. (ref)
Euonymus Alatus and Prunella Vulgaris extracts​
Widely-used as Chinese herbal medicines, Euonymus Alatus and Prunella Vulgaris deliver a one-two punch to estrogen. Euonymous Alatus extract is a potent aromatase inhibitor with an IC50 of 11μm in Human placental aromatase. Animal studies have shown striking results: Treatment with EA extracts can lead to total estrogen deprivation in normal female rats. What's more, it displays selectivity for certain tissue types, and it may be much more selective and active towards aromatase enzymes expressed in breast tissue. This latter property may make it especially useful to people who are prone to gyno. (ref) It may be the most potent herbal aromatase inhibitor on the market today.In contrast to Euonymus Alatus, Prunella Vulgaris interferes with estrogen receptor signalling indirectly. An unidentified compound within the extract binds to the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR) as a full agonist, and this ligand-receptor complex seems to degrade the estrogen receptor protein via ubiquitin-mediated mechanisms. It seems to also compete with ER-mediated gene transcription via unknown mechanisms. (ref)One thing is certain: Estrogen is of no concern to anybody on Paragon!
Urtica Dioica extract​
It should be a shame to boost testosterone, only to have it deactivated by SHBG. Urtica Dioica (Stinging Nettle) root extract contains (-)-3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran and numerous other inhibitors of SHBG. (ref, ref) We use a full-spectrum aqueous extract, which will help ensure that more of the testosterone you produce is put to good use.The bottom line: PARAGON strongly targets every pathway to testosterone production, while still paying attention to estrogen, aromatase, and SHBG. There is no better PCT product on the market, and it's extremely potent as a standalone test-booster.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think it looks great specially the sale with the free shirt and you can't beat the price...it's a great all around supp...as your standard daa and AI is the normal combo for pct or just as a stand alone...we eliminate the problem of using two different products which saves you money and make it more simple with just 1 product to take.

dlucks

Awards
  • Established
I think it looks great specially the sale with the free shirt and you can't beat the price...it's a great all around supp...as your standard daa and AI is the normal combo for pct or just as a stand alone...we eliminate the problem of using two different products which saves you money and make it more simple with just 1 product to take.

thanks have you tried it yourself?

price is really good considering intimidate is the same price with only the NMDA ingredient.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks have you tried it yourself?

price is really good considering intimidate is the same price with only the NMDA ingredient.
Plus a free shirt and I'm currently on the last few weeks of my cycle then I have a bottle ready for me to use during pct with Clomid and that's all so we will see how great it works...I'm really sure if more people would see how revolutionary it is it would blow up

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
IDk,i never heard of this company...Alot of stuff is hyped,yet alot is bull****.

Ill stick with PES,SNS,iForce,ON,Dymatize and a few others.I like to stay consistant.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IDk,i never heard of this company...Alot of stuff is hyped,yet alot is bull****.

Ill stick with PES,SNS,iForce,ON,Dymatize and a few others.I like to stay consistant.
So bc a company is new you won't try it? And all great companies were new at one point

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Plus a free shirt and I'm currently on the last few weeks of my cycle then I have a bottle ready for me to use during pct with Clomid and that's all so we will see how great it works...I'm really sure if more people would see how revolutionary it is it would blow up
just ordered prodigy+d-test and paragon+t-shirt combos for future use. Nice sale going on right now

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
So bc a company is new you won't try it? And all great companies were new at one point
Most likely not..

Im picky with what i buy and when i find what works,i stick with it.No need n venture out of my range.yes,im closed minded with certain things.

Will i maybe down the road,ya never know. I will wait til i see some results from ppl that had blood work and some more trusted memebers opinions before I pay it mind.

Nothing personal,but dude,alot of supplements are bull****.Up until about 4-5 months ago,I just started really messing with supps.Ive ran a few certain things with great results,so i knda loaded up.All natural ofcourse.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
just ordered prodigy+d-test and paragon+t-shirt combos for future use. Nice sale going on right now
Awesome plus you get free shipping with prodigy
Most likely not..

Im picky with what i buy and when i find what works,i stick with it.No need n venture out of my range.yes,im closed minded with certain things.

Will i maybe down the road,ya never know. I will wait til i see some results from ppl that had blood work and some more trusted memebers opinions before I pay it mind.

Nothing personal,but dude,alot of supplements are bull****.Up until about 4-5 months ago,I just started really messing with supps.All natural ofcourse.
It's ok bro I totally agree n respect your choice...lots of supps are over hyped but just keep in mind we have references with every ingredient and I will post my blood work before and after

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Awesome plus you get free shipping with prodigy

It's ok bro I totally agree n respect your choice...lots of supps are over hyped but just keep in mind we have references with every ingredient and I will post my blood work before and after
excellent and when you do,i will def have no problem considering using PNI products.thats the truth.

I didnt mean to come off wrong,but im opinionated with things,so glad you didnt take it personal bro...

Celorza

Celorza

Awards

Jay it's ok to have doubts...I IMO stand by this company, I know their Online Sales Manager and CEO...and have been lucky enough to chat with the CEO myself...he has some marvelous ideas and his formulator and sources are no joke. PNI is serious, and the product is innovating and well priced indeed. Don't be like this bro...you will only get yourself some bad looks in the forum...everyone loves howwedo107 (Ricky)...and about Paragon , both Coop and I liked the formula...I wanna try it myself and would be doing so if I wasn't running a sponsored log already.

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Jay it's ok to have doubts...I IMO stand by this company, I know their Online Sales Manager and CEO...and have been lucky enough to chat with the CEO myself...he has some marvelous ideas and his formulator and sources are no joke. PNI is serious, and the product is innovating and well priced indeed. Don't be like this bro...you will only get yourself some bad looks in the forum...everyone loves howwedo107 (Ricky)...and about Paragon , both Coop and I liked the formula...I wanna try it myself and would be doing so if I wasn't running a sponsored log already.
ya looks like an awesome product no idea when ill be able to run it but wanted that t-shirt and you can never have enough supps

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
there are alot of ppl liked ,celly..Doesnt mean you have to support a product of theres.I stay true to myself and outspoken and honest. The love of ppl here isnt something i care about or strive to have,to be honest. Im sure there are plenty of ppl who appreciate the advice i try to give,appreciate my honesty and outspokenness and appreciate my love for this sport.

i know ya respect Howwedo,but that doesnt mean you necessarily support a product cause u like some one and there CEO,thats def not how **** works bro,thats not being true to yourself,but true to someone just because you like them. thats not a reason to stand by a product.YOU ARE ABSOLUTLEY WRONG !

Until something is tried and proven then u support it.You just dont becuase.... thats my view.

I been doing this a while. 8 years,my bro since 1996 and well,i took and take alot of his advice. A majority of supps are garbage bro.Its the advice my bro told me,its been my expierience as well..Funny how a poster here named Whacked just made the same statement as my bro,just breofre "99% of supps are garbage."

i respect and value your advice as wells as coops on supps and there effects and dosing ofcourse.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I get what you mean...I just happen to have tried their Prodigy (PWO) and liked it very much :). And well, Chad is really nice and he shared many ideas with me , things he has planned in the future for PNI. I think this company is in for big things, main thing I respect them is they don't go and copy formulas Jay , they try to innovate with different extracts and ingredients and well formulas altogether! That is something that has been lacking in this industry lately :D!

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
there are alot of ppl liked ,celly..Doesnt mean you have to support a product of theres.I stay true to myself and outspoken and honest. The love of ppl here isnt something i care about or strive to have,to be honest. Im sure there are plenty of ppl who appreciate the advice i try to give,appreciate my honesty and outspokenness and appreciate my love for this sport.

i know ya respect Howwedo,but that doesnt mean you necessarily support a product cause u like some one and there CEO,thats def not how **** works bro,thats not being true to yourself,but true to someone just because you like them. thats not a reason to stand by a product.YOU ARE ABSOLUTLEY WRONG !

Until something is tried and proven then u support it.You just dont becuase.... thats my view.

I been doing this a while. 8 years,my bro since 1996 and well,i took and take alot of his advice. A majority of supps are garbage bro.Its the advice my bro told me,its been my expierience as well..Funny how a poster here named Whacked just made the same statement as my bro,just breofre "99% of supps are garbage."

i respect and value your advice as wells as coops on supps and there effects and dosing ofcourse.
I respect everything you have just said and I look forward to people trying our products. I feel very confident PNO will be a household name in the supplement world in the very near future and I actually welcome constructive criticism.

Thanks for chiming in on this thread and I welcome the chance to answer any questions regarding our products.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
I get what you mean...I just happen to have tried their Prodigy (PWO) and liked it very much :). And well, Chad is really nice and he shared many ideas with me , things he has planned in the future for PNI. I think this company is in for big things, main thing I respect them is they don't go and copy formulas Jay , they try to innovate with different extracts and ingredients and well formulas altogether! That is something that has been lacking in this industry lately :D!
i looked at the ingredients.It was very appeling to me,no dounbts man. but we both know a lot of things look appealing.as goes the quote "Looks are decieving" =).I have seen some big jacked up ppl,yet they have no fkn clue what they are doing,gear is amazing ****,lol

I expressed to your bud on this page.Once i see and hear of proven results on paper and word of mouth through trusted and vet memebers,honest outspoken members that is,then ill open my views.

Alot of pplrun reviews of products and give 8,9 and 10s across the board.Well alot of reviews and logs i have read are from very inexpierieneced ppl or ppl just being nice,but not fully understanding to how supps work and if u are really getting results.

ti will be running a sponsored log for app nut tommorow.I will be true from day 1-30. as much as i respect dewey and drooks.If i feel there supps didnt produce I will be 100% honest about it. I did some reviews for Gaspari a while ago,i stayed 100% honest,if it offends a certain rep,i am sorry,but i a will not rep a prodcut thats bogus and have ppl waste there money.thats the point of a log,ya know ;)

I went off topic a bit here.Im rambling bro,lol

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The profile is exceptional, but it could be a total flop depending on how they extracted the ingredients. Urtica is crap if extracted cheaply, as is eonymus (phytoandrogen standardization was pricy last time I checked). BUT:

-Worst case scenario: they used all cheap extracts. You still get full-dosed forskolin and NMDA (prunella and vit K will do nothing for hormones, realistically). That, in itself, is a good value.

-Best case scenario: they extracted everything properly, in which case I will be adding this product to my next order

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
The profile is exceptional, but it could be a total flop depending on how they extracted the ingredients. Urtica is crap if extracted cheaply, as is eonymus (phytoandrogen standardization was pricy last time I checked). BUT:

-Worst case scenario: they used all cheap extracts. You still get full-dosed forskolin and NMDA (prunella and vit K will do nothing for hormones, realistically). That, in itself, is a good value.

-Best case scenario: they extracted everything properly, in which case I will be adding this product to my next order
Well said bro...

dlucks

Awards
  • Established

Hmmm well hopefully the owner can post some sort testing results for the ingredients. Then I will probably buy a couple bottles

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Hmmm well hopefully the owner can post some sort testing results for the ingredients. Then I will probably buy a couple bottles
IDK about you.The last thing i do is listen to owners and reps of there own product.I look most for outside sources with no affiliation.

Lets say **** was bogus,do you think an ownr or rep will admit to that..Come on man!! THINK BRO,lol

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
IDK about you.The last thing i do is listen to owners and reps of there own product.I look most for outside sources with no affiliation.

Lets say **** was bogus,do you think an ownr or rep will admit to that..Come on man!! THINK BRO,lol
You truly are a critic huh? :)

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
I will check with our CSO and see how much information he wishes to release on the extract we are using. We have something truly special with Paragon and do not want to make it easy for everyone to come out with a "me too" version.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
You truly are a critic huh? :)
Yes I am.I work hard for my money man,very hard...I dnt believe in wasting it.I have tried alot of supplements,that were bogus.

Im no sucker or simple minded fool.We all need to remember,$$$ is the route of all evil and ppl will do what they got to to make it.

Trust me man,i like the ingredient s in this product.It def intrigues me. im not shutting you guys out.I will keep eyes open to your products as well as reviews and or any logs made.

I usually dont care,but please dont take my posts wrong.I dont believe in sugar coating things.I never did and never will.I believe to an extent say whats on your mind.Especially if it may help others or cya =)

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
Yes I am.I work hard for my money man,very hard...I dnt believe in wasting it.I have tried alot of supplements,that were bogus.

Im no sucker or simple minded fool.We all need to remember,$$$ is the route of all evil and ppl will do what they got to to make it.

Trust me man,i like the ingredient s in this product.It def intrigues me. im not shutting you guys out.I will keep eyes open to your products as well as reviews and or any logs made.

I usually dont care,but please dont take my posts wrong.I dont believe in sugar coating things.I never did and never will.I believe to an extent say whats on your mind.Especially if it may help others or cya =)
I take 0 offense to anything you have said and agree with you 100%. The fact is PNI is a new company but my partners and I have been in the industry since long before AM was even a board. We have absolutely nothing to hide and we look forward to sharing more about our products and company.

PS- If you look you will see I have been a member on here since 2003. By no means am I a newbie :)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I will check with our CSO and see how much information he wishes to release on the extract we are using. We have something truly special with Paragon and do not want to make it easy for everyone to come out with a "me too" version.
I can happily post the active constituents for which both extracts should be heavily standardized for ;). It's really no public mystery

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
I take 0 offense to anything you have said and agree with you 100%. The fact is PNI is a new company but my partners and I have been in the industry since long before AM was even a board. We have absolutely nothing to hide and we look forward to sharing more about our products and company.

PS- If you look you will see I have been a member on here since 2003. By no means am I a newbie :)
well said bro.I would only hope to assume that we all know what its like to be scammed,so being your a member for that long as well as someone
who been weight training,that you would be honest to the consumer.

i will keep my eyes very open to this product and others by your comp.I can imagine how it feels to be a running a new company.

best of luck and look fwd to hopefully giving some PNI products a shot.

have a good nite,bud.

dlucks

Awards
  • Established

No but atleast if they refuse to post to some proof I can assume they didn't even test the products, so I won't buy it.

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
No but atleast if they refuse to post to some proof I can assume they didn't even test the products, so I won't buy it.
What type of proof do you wish to see?

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Im going to run this as part of PCT in the near future Ill log it. Maybe get some bloodwork done as well.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Maybe get some bloodwork.
That would be great and would be beneficial to everyone on AM. But ut could wind up not heing benedicial to PNI if its bogus.

Im always weary of new companys,nothing personal

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
That would be great and would be beneficial to everyone on AM. But ut could wind up not heing benedicial to PNI if its bogus.

Im always weary of new companys,nothing personal
Do you need a hug? A smile? :) Lets hear some positivity in your post!!

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Do you need a hug? A smile? :) Lets hear some positivity in your post!!
No,i dnt like hugs from strangers or men,lol, unless there from my girl,i dont accept hugs, thnx for the offer though! :)

Then again,are these hugs free? Cause i might reconsider <3<3<3

I am positive PNI will yield fantastic results and i look fwd to the day i get to supplement with there products,"maybe even a sponsored log,unless there not confident in there product,cause i would be 100% honest",lmao(im just busting chops with that one ;) ). They seem to be an up and coming great company with alot of promise.

Best of luck to PNI

JonRubio

JonRubio

Awards
  • Established
Jay... They are a legit company. You should definitely give their products a try :thumbsup:

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Thanks Jon. Your check will be in the mail ;)
Give the kid a T-shirt Chad lol...and where's my Check? I chilled Jay first xD didn't work but I tried!

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established

In regards to the above. Sorry for the delayed reply addressing these points.

For Euonymus, we used an aqueous bark extract, at 20:1 concentration. (High in polysacharrides and triterpene/steroidal glycosides.) This is exactly consistent with the extract used in the only study which examined the effects of Euonymus Alatus on aromatase. For Urtica, we used a full-spectrum aqueous root extract. We can't claim 98% standardization to 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran - but, as we've all learned, most of those companies who have claimed to have a 98% extract were sorely mistaken. The extract we use in Paragon comes from a reputable source, seems to be highly effective, and is dosed properly.
[FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]As far as Vitamin K is concerned, we believe that it should have an effect, as long as the dose is high enough. The mechanisms of action are intriguing, particularly its effects on P450scc expression, and this [/FONT]may synergize well with the rest of the formula. It seems to work dramatically well in animal experiments, and the doses we use have been shown to be safe in humans. There's a big chance that it'll do a lot of good; there's a small chance that it won't help at all; but there's no chance that taking it could ever hurt.

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
Im going to run this as part of PCT in the near future Ill log it. Maybe get some bloodwork done as well.
We would be more then happy to pay for the blood work if you are willing to do so.

dlucks

Awards
  • Established
Do you require a COA from every supplement you purchase? Just wondering?

I do for the most part unless it's already and established trusted company. Shouldn't be a problem to post if they were tested.

Id at least like to know that you guys didn't just order the raws from china and just hoped they sent you the right stuff lol.

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
I do for the most part unless it's already and established trusted company. Shouldn't be a problem to post if they were tested.

Id at least like to know that you guys didn't just order the raws from china and just hoped they sent you the right stuff lol.
Gotcha. I understand your skepticism.

squatting

Banned
Awards
COAs won't prove anything but writing back to copper about what extract it contains will?

I rather have seen COAs than a paragraph of something that sounds good

In a world of pimps, pastors, presidents and used car salesmen you need to do better than that to gain our trust

Good luck but your starting off in the wrong foot

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
COAs won't prove anything but writing back to copper about what extract it contains will?

I rather have seen COAs than a paragraph of something that sounds good

In a world of pimps, pastors, presidents and used car salesmen you need to do better than that to gain our trust

Good luck but your starting off in the wrong foot
Lol...this was a sad post indeed. I don't think they are starting off with any wrong foot, and it is kinda sad to see what this community has turned into. All of you think yourself coach scientists and yet know nothing of extracts and standardizations nor do you take the trouble to read or research about them.

This community is not about shunning a new company, it's about learning, teaching and leading...and honestly you should learn to read, teach yourself a lesson with what you are finding and lead a more positive posting regime...all of you...not only just bashing a new company while you beg other companies for free supplements...This company is giving the industry a good try, instead of being so doubtful try to help the fellow american make it in business and before asking for stuff beyond your level of intelligence...try it yourselves and see if it works first hand.