Could K-R-ALA potentiate Piracetam?

1. Could K-R-ALA potentiate Piracetam?

Just started a complete homebrew cycle (ill start a log soon, been so damn busy...). I capped up a sort of 'bootleg' version of Sledge's GlucophageXR, having been impressed with user reports. Each cap contains 200mg K-R-ALA, 200mg Quercetin, 100mg 1% Biotin and 100mg Taurine (as a filler). I dont expect it to work as well, but I love to homebrew so Im hoping to at least see some positive effects. I take 3 caps a day. Once after a big morning meal with plenty of carbs, once post workout, and another toward bed time after another big carb feed. (Im headed toward 5000 calories a day)

Anyway, as part of my supplement stack Im taking 4g of Piracetam daily. Lately, Ive been getting some mild headaches. I never get headaches, but I know they can be a side effect of Piracetam use. Ive taken 7g a day without a problem - do you think its possible that the K-R-ALA blend is increasing the effects from the Piracetam?

Ive also been starved of sleep these past couple days and mega-stressed at work, and I also quit caffeine cold turkey. So I guess those could play a role as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    BigV

2. I'm guessing you may have answered this with a few possibilities:

- piracetam can be known to cause headaches
    - lack of sleep
    - caffeine withdrawal

get some sleep, readjust to no caffeine, and that's about all I can think of off the top of my head. Then you can tell if it's the piracetam
    •   

3. Caffiene withdrawal gives me blinding, excrutiating headaches...but then I've been drinking coffee since I was 9.

4. I guess it could be the caffeine withdrawl guys - its a headache that's more at the front of my head and the tops of my eyes. I did go from 5 cups a day down to nothing...so I could be feeling the effects from that.

Ive read about ALA increasing the effects of other drugs that effect the brain,so I was wondering if Piracetam could be a possibility. Maybe I should quit my job, get some sleep, and a drink a cup-o-joe and Ill find out for sure

BV

5. It's likely the caffeine withdrawl, and it could be the Pira with or withour K-rala potentiating it, one of the sides of excess Acetylcholine can be headaches, another is a stiff neck.
    Last edited by Rogue Drone; 11-19-2004 at 01:50 AM.
    •   

6. bump on the caffeine withdrawl. no doubt.

some ginko/vinpocetine will help during the withdrawl phase.

7. Just reduce the coffee by 1/2 cup per day. Why cold turkey? Too painful. I'm getting a headache thinking about it.

8. Well - I went with 2g piracetam today and didnt get a headache at all. I actually started to feel it working today, too. Started getting groggy at work in the afternoon and a cup of coffee cleared that up. (damn that drug!)

Ill go with 4g Piracetam tomorrow and see if a headache develops.

Chris

9. I was also taking that 4g piracetam all at once, in an effort to 'kick start' the positive effects - maybe I should try and spread it out throughout the day.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Could a PIN potentially go to waste?
    By HULKSMASH25 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 03:33 AM
  2. Repost of an ALA article I found
    By Matthew D in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 03:12 AM
  3. What does a potential PH ban do for AAS users?
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-16-2003, 05:03 PM
  4. could you guys help me?
    By Sanosuke in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-22-2002, 11:52 PM