BEST PostWorkout CARB????

KtchnChmst

Awards
  • Established
I curently use a mixture of.....

40g Whey Protein
20g Dextrose
20g Maltodextrin

Never really tried anything else, but I've read ALOT of conflicting reviews/write-ups about WaxyMaize.
-Some say its the PERFECT postworkout carbs source.
-Some say it has the same digestion rate/glycemic rating as White Bread.

Lets here your OPINIONS........and WHY!?!

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're gonna have to try them all out and decide for yourself.

I know, it's a crappy answer but it's true. A lot of people react a lot different to carb sources. Malto and dextrose are awful for myself. I'm partial to WMS and Sweedish oat starch is solid for me also.

I'll be trying some new carb sources here soon, Karbolyn, Vitatgo, SPP glycomyx

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
I use gummy bears bro, just about a hand full or 2 works really well for me, it's basically just like dextrose. Also you can put 2 tbsp of table sugar in your protein shake works well to

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
wms is crap dont even worry about that. and also know that post workout carbs arnt as important as youre thinking. whey protein also gives you a small insulin spike after a workout. now if your goal is extra calories khrough those carbs, then thats a different story

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
I use 20g of Dextrose in my preworkout, and 20g of Dextrose during my workout mixed in my atomic 7. Post workout I eat a tub of cottage cheese and a pack of poptarts. Gets the job done real nice and I can make it all fit my macros. Those extra carbs make for some great workouts for me. I still have some WMS laying around, and I gotta say, I do like that as well. Havent much experience messing with Malto or anything like Vatargo. Had some Karbolyn and it wasnt anything special. I just really dig my pre and intra carbs more so than post. Just my 2 cents.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Best carb? Whatever tastes good. For typical training bouts glycogen will not deplete to a level where there's a need for carbs post workout. Not to mention leucine alone, or 20g of protein will spike MPS.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Me personally,i always always always have a carb post workout a starchy one at that.Thats what i was taught yrs ago and stay with it and never had a problem. Usually i have a couple medium sized potatos...sometimes rice,i like how it fills me out.

You have to find what works for u..its trial and error man.

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use gummy bears bro, just about a hand full or 2 works really well for me, it's basically just like dextrose. Also you can put 2 tbsp of table sugar in your protein shake works well to
This^ grocery store used to have sugar free gummy bears in bulk and that's what I had post

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Or ..you can have a Juice post workout. I do it just about always. Cranberry juice/grape juice and vanilla whey is awesome.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Or ..you can have a Juice post workout. I do it just about always. Cranberry juice/grape juice and vanilla whey is awesome.
I love white grape juice.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Whole Wheat Bagel w/ topping of choice. :)

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
I agree with gummy bears or bagle personally, its easier for me to shoot down some whey then eat somethin than it is to take down some of the carbs drinks